Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,288 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? (21522 Views)

N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me / CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts / N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by piagetskinner(m): 12:45am On Feb 22, 2016
For every decision made by the government.... The masses are the ones that are always hard hit by it....

Why?
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by chiedu7: 12:47am On Feb 22, 2016
MORNDEW:

who are these ur imaginary biafrans? Hope in ur usual weed induced map u did not add South south cos as you can see we love what we were given in that Budget.

You never hear wetin Asari Dokubo talk this tribalistic slowpoke?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU_9HoOU8go

You no hear that 2 not 1 but 2 niger delta group demand release of Kanu?

https://www.nairaland.com/2947032/nnamdi-kanu-militants-declare-war

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by divide9ja: 12:50am On Feb 22, 2016
MORNDEW:

who are these ur imaginary biafrans? Hope in ur usual weed induced map u did not add South south cos as you can see we love what we were given in that Budget.

Whats scratch faces problem with who with the South- South stand with?

We have chosen the south-east, the west is free to stand with the north.

It is a widely known fact that we the south-south stands with the South-East.
You never hear?

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by Nawa4nl: 1:00am On Feb 22, 2016
MORNDEW:

wetin South East dey contribute to our economy? Did you vote or support Buhari?

What is wrong with this dullard MORNDEW?

The South-East stood firmly with us the South-South, that's why GEJ made a South East man his COAS.

Again that's why we stand with them on our call for FREEDOM.

We dont want to be with you anymore.

You have enjoyed our oil long enough.

Let us go away with our cousins the south-east.

Stick to your West of the country enjoy your cocoa.
Let us enjoy our oil with our technological cousins the south-east.

Let it be known that the South-South stands firmly with the South-East
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by Nobody: 6:03am On Feb 22, 2016
I have two issues:

(1) the tax is not high enough, it should be N100

(2) fog needs to make sure it is well spent.
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by deoluzap(m): 7:32am On Feb 22, 2016
bro. .u not alone o
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by JOSSYAA(m): 8:26am On Feb 22, 2016
This is happening to all alc holders now
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by opyscol(m): 8:43am On Feb 22, 2016
LordVoldemort:

Gbe enu buruku San, stamp duty is charged only on deposit and it's #50 for any amount above #1000
I didn't insult you and I don't think u av to insult smn in ur post. Grow up kid
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by LordVoldemort(m): 8:54am On Feb 22, 2016
opyscol:

I didn't insult you and I don't think u av to insult smn in ur post. Grow up kid

I will insult you whenever I like cos you are a lying sfb
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 22, 2016
Linzo:
I was charged N50 on my account and i didn't deposit, receive, withdrew or carry out any transaction on the said account. Please can somebody explain to me why Stanbic Bank charge me unjustly, even when CBN excludes savings account from stamp duty
I was Charged too by STANBICIBTC twice. Funny enough my Account is a Salary account, and the money received was my Salary for January only. I quickly wrote STANBIC to reverse the deduction as I attached copy of CBN's circular on the matter underlining where CBN boldly stated that salary accounts were exempted, but STANBIC refused to, they ended up putting one funny explanation that sounded absurd.

"Thank you for bringing this to our notice.
We do apologise for the inconvenience this experience this may have caused you.
Please be informed that no provisions made for the exemption of savings account as the exemption states that Any form of withdrawals or transfers from savings accounts will not be charged.
However a review into your account reveals that the referred account number (00xxxxxxx9 ) is a savings account.
Also note that all third party inflows into a salary account will attract a stamp duty charge.
Hope this clarification helps.
Thank you for your valued patronage.
Best regards."
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by MORNDEW(m): 10:04am On Feb 22, 2016
Nawa4nl:

What is wrong with this dullard MORNDEW?

The South-East stood firmly with us the South-South, that's why GEJ made a South East man his COAS.

Again that's why we stand with them on our call for FREEDOM.

We dont want to be with you anymore.

You have enjoyed our oil long enough.

Let us go away with our cousins the south-east.

Stick to your West of the country enjoy your cocoa.
Let us enjoy our oil with our technological cousins the south-east.

Let it be known that the South-South stands firmly with the South-East

Smh.
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by Nawa4nl: 2:15pm On Feb 22, 2016
MORNDEW:

Smh.

You dey vex ?

begin vex oh!

We go leave this mis-marriage for una.
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by issac08: 2:19pm On Feb 22, 2016
call on 01-2260450 ecobank ombudsman center, report any issue to them, most especially this, they will help you out ...
nonnystar:
Pls those that are saying its only current account should pls stop saying it bcus it's annoying, I was charged twice on my savings account with Ecobank even without any deposit
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by AdaAnambra: 6:58pm On Feb 23, 2016
nonnystar:
Pls those that are saying its only current account should pls stop saying it bcus it's annoying, I was charged twice on my savings account with Ecobank even without any deposit
The stamp duty fee charges in your savings account haven’t been reversed? They reversed the charges on my savings account last week. Call them on 0700 500 0000 or send email to engcontactcentre@ecobank.com to reverse yours

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by awestic(m): 8:45pm On Feb 23, 2016
[color=#990000][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] let us all look at it in a positive way... . it is a wake up call to all of us now that the govt has broken the silent agreement we had with them that " govt will not tax us and in return we the people of Nigeria will not question what the govt is doing with the oil money, custom money, jamb Form money, waec money ministry of interior job applicants money etc now that they have broken that arrangement we will question themon all the money they have collecting and will have to justify all the expenses like the vehicle alawi, constituency alawi, furniture, alawi, monetisation, all other alawi that they have been collecting they will justify them. we should raise. up and questions them. let them start collecting the stamp tax and dig their own grave.... we shall come out a stranger Nation for it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 3 - Payment, Shipping & Marketing / Don’t Transact In Dollar – EFCC Warns Schools, Hotels, Others / Nigerian Breweries Completes ₦5.1 Billion Automated PET Line In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.