Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,252 members, 7,815,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? (21486 Views)

N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me / CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts / N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by chiedu7: 4:51pm On Feb 21, 2016
THE NIGERIAN GOVT NEEDS TO TAX THE UNPAID POOR MASSES TO CHANNEL MONEY TO THE NORTH.

THATS WHY THEY ARE LOOKING FOR OIL IN THE NORTH SO THEY CAN HAVE MONEY.

SO PLEASE BEAR WITH THE NORTH AS THEY TAX THE REST OF THE COUNTRY TO FUND THE NORTH

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by igwe123: 4:52pm On Feb 21, 2016
Time to dig a hole in my house and keep my money

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 21, 2016
solarisng:
OP, you got just two so thank ya stars. I got 69 debit for same reason in just a day. That day my phone was just banging with with alerts so when I saw FIRSTBANK I was thanking God for a rainy day windfall while na me them dey rip off. When I went through all the alerts, I was lucky I wasn't standing then.
grin embarassedembarassed

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by TopsyKrete: 4:53pm On Feb 21, 2016
[center]mesef got served[/center]
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by Tobiizzy(m): 4:53pm On Feb 21, 2016
Linzo:
I was charged N50 on my account and i didn't deposit, receive, withdrew or carry out any transaction on the said account. Please can somebody explain to me why Stanbic Bank charge me unjustly, even when CBN excludes savings account from stamp duty
Same issue with stanbic, was charged 6 times on my savings account

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by ndcide(m): 4:55pm On Feb 21, 2016
The problem with this government and those who carry their matter on their head is that, When people are not earning much, there's a limit to the revenue you can force out from them. When transactions are not going on, you now want to collect tax. When people are not importing, you want customs to generate 2 Trillion IN 2016, Is it when people now find it difficult to deposit money that you''ll collect N50 from them?

Before this government goes all out to force money out of nigerians, the economy has to be healthy at least.

what the heck!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by nonnystar(f): 4:55pm On Feb 21, 2016
Pls those that are saying its only current account should pls stop saying it bcus it's annoying, I was charged twice on my savings account with Ecobank even without any deposit

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by Gwazah(m): 4:56pm On Feb 21, 2016
enieme:
I got a debit alert twice from my bank reading something like this-

A debit of NGN50.00 occurred on your A/C XXXXXX. Date:17-02-2016 at 08:43 Details:CBN STAMPDUTY:21JAN2016/ S710820

A debit of NGN50.00 occurred on your A/C XXXXXX. Date:19-02-2016 at 03:58 Details:CBN STAMPDUTY:03FEB2016

I don't know what the stamp duty is for and why I was only charged for the months of January and February when I've been using the account for a long time.
What aroused my curiosity more is the fact that the transaction was made simultaneously with just 2 days interval.
Fellow nairalanders, did any of you get similar message?
looks like u are just coming in the country!
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by tunde1200(m): 4:57pm On Feb 21, 2016
its just crazy i sense the same too
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by rev2214(m): 4:58pm On Feb 21, 2016
same here, but what can I do, nobody fight govt. & win. God will give increase in my business to cover the gap

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by amacastel: 4:59pm On Feb 21, 2016
My 200 is missing from my Diamond bank acct without alert on wot d decuction is for. We failed to ask them whether the change is positive or negative change and we r busy shouting CHANGE!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by Etizz: 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2016
adipemcanis1:
I did....no probs.

Because...thanks to the drop in oil prices...we do not have the cash for all the good things you Nigerians like...like subsides, low university fees,low hospital fees,roads,etc.

Nigeria needs oil to be at $123 per barrel just to keep the books balanced. Oil is at $35 per barrel. You do the math.

Sorry....but the era of awoof cash is over.Countries like Denmark that have lots of goodies pay heavy taxes.

And the stamp duty has always been there

And u think Denmark is using the money generated from tax as personal luxury??

Of course u and I know that our country don't use dat money for development, instead they lavish it...

Hmmmmmmm..... God help us

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by ETEYEN79(m): 5:10pm On Feb 21, 2016
I was charged N1050 for ATM card on Friday, the N50 was tagged VAT

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by david22uu(m): 5:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
Omo dem dun remove more dan 2150 from my account on #50 stamp duty
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by mbahfrankuc(m): 5:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
End time charges

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by aladesanmi(m): 5:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
I got four different alert on my Stanbic account without any transaction on the account since beginning of this year. This is not fair. I think I need to find out why am being charged for no reason.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by moneyurch(m): 5:17pm On Feb 21, 2016
#1 per 1000 naira wont be a bad idea, its so annoying when if you u get like 5 deposits or transfers and one is charged 250 naira, some one should pls tell me how i stand to benefit from this stamp duty because as far as i can remember the fed govt has not been of any importance in my existence, why would they be stealing from a nobody? Why not think of a better and legitimate source of revenue?

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by xwhite(m): 5:18pm On Feb 21, 2016
By main looking at things this's just the beginning, is time for Nigerians to stand on their knees and pray. I foresee scarcity of money, food etc Pray for Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 5:27pm On Feb 21, 2016
Irrespective of the fact that these banks uses our money for business & investment purposes with little or no interest accrued to our accounts, the charge us for ATM usage, they now have the audacity to create a mandatory tax system in the name of (stamp duties) on our accounts on any transaction in excess of 1000 naira.
Prior to these, FG increased charges on power all over the country. This goverment has resorted to extorting nigerians as their only means of resucitating the economy rather than creating and implementing brillant economic strategies and policies to bolster the economy. Are nigerians to be blamed for the current crisis? Why are they making us pay for their sins?

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by ruffbob(m): 5:28pm On Feb 21, 2016
Linzo:
I was charged N50 on my account and i didn't deposit, receive, withdrew or carry out any transaction on the said account. Please can somebody explain to me why Stanbic Bank charge me unjustly, even when CBN excludes savings account from stamp duty
StanbicIBTC also charged my savings account and even my salary account too which are exemption to the stamp duty. I am planning on visiting them for a good explanation tomorrow cos first which I did numerous transactions did not charge my savings account.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by LordVoldemort(m): 5:28pm On Feb 21, 2016
macino1:
This will only lead to over taxation. Thereby causing more inflation

Macinocomics I bow for you, you should be buhari economic adviser 1
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by Gim2001ym(m): 5:31pm On Feb 21, 2016
I have gotten up to 8-9 alert for N50 debt. I have decided not to take any money that is not more than 100k to bank again. Then any customer paying to my account must add N50 or so. That is my verdict. I am business man and my alert keep on coming on N50

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by LordVoldemort(m): 5:32pm On Feb 21, 2016
opyscol:

Yes I got the alert too. I was charged #100 on #2000 withdrawal I made over the atm

Bros you can lie!!!!
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by lekankolade(m): 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2016
I got 7 different messages of that stamp duty charge amounted to 750 naira overnight....i complained to my bank but the guy showed me his own message saying it's from CBN...the annoying part is that u won't know when you are chargeable, u will just get the alert

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by MORNDEW(m): 5:44pm On Feb 21, 2016
chiedu7:
THE NIGERIAN GOVT NEEDS TO TAX THE UNPAID POOR MASSES TO CHANNEL MONEY TO THE NORTH.

THATS WHY THEY ARE LOOKING FOR OIL IN THE NORTH SO THEY CAN HAVE MONEY.

SO PLEASE BEAR WITH THE NORTH AS THEY TAX THE REST OF THE COUNTRY TO FUND THE NORTH
you can decide not to be meaningless with your comments it will do you moe good. Stop Tribalism.
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by opyscol(m): 5:55pm On Feb 21, 2016
LordVoldemort:

Bros you can lie!!!!
It's not a must for you to comment on every post. I av an account with stanbic ibtc. And I withdrew over the atm. Only for them to charge me #100 on 2k withdrawal. Why would I lie about that?

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by phanshark(m): 5:57pm On Feb 21, 2016
enieme:
I got a debit alert twice from my bank reading something like this-

A debit of NGN50.00 occurred on your A/C XXXXXX. Date:17-02-2016 at 08:43 Details:CBN STAMPDUTY:21JAN2016/ S710820

A debit of NGN50.00 occurred on your A/C XXXXXX. Date:19-02-2016 at 03:58 Details:CBN STAMPDUTY:03FEB2016

I don't know what the stamp duty is for and why I was only charged for the months of January and February when I've been using the account for a long time.
What aroused my curiosity more is the fact that the transaction was made simultaneously with just 2 days interval.
Fellow nairalanders, did any of you get similar message?
my own na 100, 50 in the morning & 50 evining.pls call police or is it the new way of paying for the dollar subsidy?

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by donem: 5:59pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:
For those not sure what the charges are for, it's a charge for voting a dullard.
This your comment is both comic and legendary, I had to quote it for easy future reference.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by yunglivochi(m): 6:02pm On Feb 21, 2016
cheesy well as 1st bank neva tamper wit my acc by removing #50 make dem no try ammm ooo
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by josephmbonu: 6:11pm On Feb 21, 2016
God bless the dead. The dayz of our hero's past has gone. They wanted change to come and now look at what we are seeing now.....(charge) not change again
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by LordVoldemort(m): 6:19pm On Feb 21, 2016
opyscol:

It's not a must for you to comment on every post. I av an account with stanbic ibtc. And I withdrew over the atm. Only for them to charge me #100 on 2k withdrawal. Why would I lie about that?

Gbe enu buruku San, stamp duty is charged only on deposit and it's #50 for any amount above #1000
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by Goridoe(m): 6:23pm On Feb 21, 2016
talktonase:
for each transaction 50naira is deducted.

[size=13pt]i was charged N50 four consecutive times making a total of N200 in just 4 days... im still amazed shocked i was thinking maybe due to a huge international deposit into my account but i was told that isnt the reason and i needed to complain... shouldda gone to the bank to complain but hands are really tied here... ajos dey look them..[/size].

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

100% Football Betting Formula / Brad E-commerce, Is It Legit Or Scam? / Nigerian Breweries Completes ₦5.1 Billion Automated PET Line In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.