Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Muslims, Is This True? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslims, Is This True? (5901 Views)

Is This True About MFM? See What Group Wrote About The Church / Is This True About God? I Need Clarification / Muslims Is This True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Ishilove: 10:50pm On Feb 21, 2016
YourMain:

Because women are inferior. As much as wed like to claim equality. We all know it's true. And even more so back then where your superiority was determined by physical strength and wealth, which men are superior in. Even today.

What demeaning views are these ?
I disagree with you. Women are NOT inferior. Nature has made men physically stronger, but that is where their 'superiority' begins and ends.

1 Like

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Ishilove: 10:51pm On Feb 21, 2016
OLAJADON:

my question for u is is ismael menk a companion of the prophet? did he quote the quran to defend this? if ur answers are not then i conclude he is speaking from his own perspective.
Altuough i listen to his lectures, also what he said can be true sometimes not everttime.

i dont expect u to make a big deal our of this bcoz he is just a islamic preacher like zakir naik and others.
Stop being so defensive. We are having a mature conversation here.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by naptu2: 10:54pm On Feb 21, 2016
facheux:
Kind of reminds me of the time I had air lock in my diesel 5ton. Kinda my fault for running the tank down to 1/8th .

facheux:

I condemn the use of mechanically cut french fries , say yes to hand cut !

Ishilove:

You really need to cut the crap. Like seriously

facheux:

That's what the mechanic said !

grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Ishilove: 10:56pm On Feb 21, 2016
naptu2:

grin grin grin
He needs factory reset grin
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 21, 2016
Ishilove:

YourMain?

Lol. The problem with humans practicing a religion is they'll always add their own " twist" that's never meant to be there.

I can also argue for tens of thousands of men who treat their women like queens because of the same religion they follow. So what ? Are they not following the religion ? Syrian culture and Islamic religion are completely different thing. What happened to her cannot reflect a whole religion. It's like me saying Hitler is Catholic and he killed loads of Jews. Is that what the bible teaches ? No. Unless you're willing to give me Quran passages where it is okay to do such.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by facheux: 10:59pm On Feb 21, 2016
YourMain:

Lol. The problem with humans practicing a religion is they'll always add their own " twist" that's never meant to be there.

I can also argue for tens of thousands of men who treat their women like queens because of the same religion they follow. So what ? Are they not following the religion ? Syrian culture and Islamic religion are completely different thing. What happened to her cannot reflect a whole religion. It's like me saying Hitler is Catholic and he killed loads of Jews. Is that what the bible teaches ? No. Unless you're willing to give me Quran passages where it is okay to do such.

Eloquently said.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 21, 2016
Ishilove:

I disagree with you. Women are NOT inferior. Nature has made men physically stronger, but that is where their 'superiority' begins and ends.

Okay. I'd like you to show me evidence of equality between men and women.

It is what it is. I'm a woman. Nothing pains me more than to admit it. But men are generally more efficient and are more likely to be more successful than women. Women are generally more emotional, more fragile than men are. And it may be due to the way we've been conditioned but right now, we really aren't equal.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by ademoladeji(m): 11:04pm On Feb 21, 2016
Ishilove:

But there is still a lot of open chastisement. When a muslim woman who is not dressed the proper way I see a lot of open condemnation from the muslim brothers. Is that qazf?

If it is qazf, are they aware that they are comitting qazf?

Irrespective of their chastisement (open or discreet), you're not to condemn them. All you cld do is to call them n offer words of advise for them to understand the effects of what they're doing.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Ishilove: 11:05pm On Feb 21, 2016
YourMain:

Okay. I'd like you to show me evidence of equality between men and women.

It is what it is. I'm a woman. Nothing pains me more than to admit it. But men are generally more efficient and are more likely to be more successful than women. Women are generally more emotional, more fragile than men are.
These doesn't make the woman inferior. Inferior means 'of lower quality'.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 21, 2016
Ishilove:

Actually inferior means " lower in rank, status or quality". Like it or not. As of right now, Women are inferior.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by TruthHurts1(m): 11:08pm On Feb 21, 2016
Ishilove:

YourMain?

The statement you posted is 100 per cent inconsistent with Islam. My guess is that it is one of the ocassional liberal fatwas (religious edicts) that some islamic clerics issue from time to time to appease the sensibilities of non-muslims like you and I, particularly after muslims have carried out some egregious act that is very much in the public domain. I wouldn't be surprised if this particular fatwa emerged sometime after the Cologne sexual assaults by thousands of muslim men on non muslim women.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by facheux: 11:09pm On Feb 21, 2016
TruthHurts1:

The statement you posted is 100 per cent inconsistent with Islam. My guess is that it is one of the ocassiona liberal fatwas (religious edicts) that some islamic clerics issue from time to time to appease the sensibilities of non-muslims like you and I, particularly after muslims have carried out some egregious act that is very much in the public domain. I wouldn't be surprised if this particular fatwa emerged sometime after the Cologne sexual assaults by thousands of muslim men on non muslim women.

I admit I do not like fufu
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
TruthHurts1:

The statement you posted is 100 per cent inconsistent with Islam. My guess is that it is one of the ocassiona liberal fatwas (religious edicts) that some islamic clerics issue from time to time to appease the sensibilities of non-muslims like you and I, particularly after muslims have carried out some egregious act that is very much in the public domain. I wouldn't be surprised if this particular fatwa emerged sometime after the Cologne sexual assaults by thousands of muslim men on non muslim women.

Actually I'm agnostic.

I haven't been appeased to think any way. Before I chose to become agnostic I decided to study Islam. And not be a slowpoke and take the words of others. I read the worst parts of the Quran and asked the worst questions. And I was satisfied. One thing I like about the Islamic religion is all questions you ask, their answers will all be in the Quran and Hadith and if it's not then no reputable scholars would give an answer.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Ishilove: 11:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
TruthHurts1:

The statement you posted is 100 per cent inconsistent with Islam. My guess is that it is one of the ocassional liberal fatwas (religious edicts) that some islamic clerics issue from time to time to appease the sensibilities of non-muslims like you and I, particularly after muslims have carried out some egregious act that is very much in the public domain. I wouldn't be surprised if this particular fatwa emerged sometime after the Cologne sexual assaults by thousands of muslim men on non muslim women.
You are correct that Menk's views are liberal
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by ademoladeji(m): 11:15pm On Feb 21, 2016
Yourmain, what's your definition of EQUALITY?

Are you looking @ earthly view or spiritually?

For my perspective, we are all equal in the eyes of God...

[Quran 3:195] Their Lord responded to them: "I never fail to reward any worker among you for any work you do, be you MALE OR FEMALE, YOU ARE EQUAL TO ONE ANOTHER........."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 21, 2016
ademoladeji:
Yourmain, what's your definition of EQUALITY?

Are you looking @ earthly view or spiritually?

For my perspective, we are all equal in the eyes of God...

[Quran 3:195] Their Lord responded to them: "I never fail to reward any worker among you for any work you do, be you MALE OR FEMALE, YOU ARE EQUAL TO ONE ANOTHER........."

I'm sure spiritually our souls are all the same. So earthly I guess.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by ronald4lif(m): 11:21pm On Feb 21, 2016
YourMain:

Actually inferior means " lower in rank, status or quality". Like it or not. As of right now, Women are inferior.

I'm no feminist and hate to converse like one but I find the bold distasteful and denigrating to women. Women are no inferior to men. Only religion claims otherwise.

You may want to elucidate what you mean by inferior in the context quoted.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by ademoladeji(m): 11:28pm On Feb 21, 2016
YourMain:

I'm sure spiritually our souls are all the same. So earthly I guess.

Now, you're talking!

There are lot of factors that support the fact that were not physically same.

1. Men are with Peniz while women with Vagina

2. Size of breasts differ except in some special cases

3. Menstrual cycle only occurs in women n not in men except it's spiritually involved

to mention a few.

Also, dnt think sex has anythg to do with superiority.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Joshthefirst(m): 11:41pm On Feb 21, 2016
YourMain:
I think this is just how to treat any human being. One should never think someone is beneath them irrespective of anything.

Islamically though, it's true. Slandering a woman is a major sin. You're meant to make excuses for your Muslim brethren when you see them err. But then advice them privately. It's also mentioned that whoever enters paradise, it's not going to be by how pious they are as a Muslim but by Allahs mercy alone. So she could dress inappropriately but still have Allahs mercy while you could cover it all up and not...

What is the basis of Allah's mercy? How come Allah's mercy can grant anyone Heaven when he is supposed to punish evil?

Look at human judges, do you see any just judge going about having mercy on convicted criminals? Once you're guilty, you get the penalty.

Is Allah not a just judge?

2 Likes

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 21, 2016
ronald4lif:

I'm no feminist and hate to converse like one but I find the bold distasteful and denigrating to women. Women are no inferior to men. Only religion claims otherwise.

You may want to elucidate what you mean by inferior in the context quoted.

I'm not a feminist. I'd love to be. But it's true. Men are generally more successful. If you're talking in wealth men are generally are richer. I agree that women are capable of doing all men can and that's great and all. But right now in the society we have all lived in women are inferior. It is what it is. You don't have to agree. Whatever you consider superiority maybe in class or wealth or power. Google it. Men are superior. Sorry.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 21, 2016
Joshthefirst:
What is the basis of Allah's mercy? How come Allah's mercy can grant anyone Heaven when he is supposed to punish evil?

Look at human judges, do you see any just judge going about having mercy on convicted criminals? Once you're guilty, you get the penalty.

Is Allah not a just judge?

Allah in his Holy books is a just God. But he's made it very clear he can do whatever he wants. He controls the air we breathe so it's very obvious were nothing in his eyes. I think there's a Hadith that says if we were to weigh the worth of the whole world plus all its inhabitants in the eyes of God it wouldn't even be equal to the weight of the wing of a fly.

But he's also made it clear he's just. What the op post means is that. One may not look like they are following Gods ways but it's what's in your heart that matters most.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Joshthefirst(m): 11:57pm On Feb 21, 2016
YourMain:

I'm not a feminist. I'd love to be. But it's true. Men are generally more successful. If you're talking in wealth men are generally are richer. I agree that women are capable of doing all men can and that's great and all. But right now in the society we have all lived in women are inferior. It is what it is. You don't have to agree. Whatever you consider superiority maybe in class or wealth or power. Google it. Men are superior. Sorry.
Aside, who defines your nature? Who says whether you're I ferior or superior?

From your words in the quoted, YOU and not just the society, have defined yourself as inferior.

The society is what we make it to be, and you cannot call yourself equally capable of everything the opposite sex can do and inferior at the same time.

Once you surrender your definition to the society you have surrendered your power to these so called men, and they will continue their 'abuse'.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Joshthefirst(m): 12:01am On Feb 22, 2016
YourMain:

Allah in his Holy books is a just God. But he's made it very clear he can do whatever he wants. He controls the air we breathe so it's very obvious were nothing in his eyes. I think there's a Hadith that says if we were to weigh the worth of the whole world plus all its inhabitants in the eyes of God it wouldn't even be equal to the weight of the wing of a fly.

But he's also made it clear he's just. What the op post means is that. One may not look like they are following Gods ways but it's what's in your heart that matters most.
Sorry, but I'm not talking about the OP, but your reply to it.

You said in your first reply that anyone who enters paradise does so based on Allah's mercy alone, and I ask what the basis of Allah's mercy is. You have said he can do anything he wants, yes, but as far as he has chosen to be a just God, then he must punish evil, not have mercy on it. Just Judges don't go about having mercy on convicted murderers and felons.

So is Allah a just judge or not? The demands of Justice must be met, and evil must be punished.

1 Like

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by facheux: 12:04am On Feb 22, 2016
Joshthefirst:

You said in your first reply that anyone who enters paradise does so based on Allah's mercy alone, and I ask what the basis of Allah's mercy is. You have said he can do anything he wants, yes, but as far as he has chosen to be a just God, then he must punish evil, not have mercy on it. Just Judges don't go about having mercy on convicted murderers and felons.

So is Allah a just judge or not? The demands of Justice must be met, and evil must be punished.

I recommend learning more about Islam. I only say this because of the question you asked.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by TruthHurts1(m): 12:07am On Feb 22, 2016
Ishilove:

Women are not inferior to men, they're just different. Being different does not always equate with being inferior. It's because of such fallacies that things like racism exist.

Men and women are equal in human dignity, equal in the sight and grace of God and equal under the law, at least in theory if not always in practice.

There are things women can do such as multitasking which very few men can accomplish. I'm a guy so I have first-hand knowledge of this wink (In fact women's ability to multitask also applies to their unique ability to hold several conversations at the same time. This may have given rise to the persistent myth that women gossip wink

Add to this the fact that girls are now outperforming boys in areas of learning traditionally believed to be male oriented, such as the natural sciences and law, and you'll agree that the "women are inferior" argument has run its full absurd course and must now be relegated to recycle bin of any reasonable discourse on gender relations.

2 Likes

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 12:11am On Feb 22, 2016
Joshthefirst:
Aside, who defines your nature? Who says whether you're I ferior or superior?

From your words in the quoted, YOU and not just the society, have defined yourself as inferior.

The society is what we make it to be, and you cannot call yourself equally capable of everything the opposite sex can do and inferior at the same time.

Once you surrender your definition to the society you have surrendered your power to these so called men, and they will continue their 'abuse'.

Lol. I would love love to play fairy tales and rainbow with you but there's a certain point you've to grow up and see reality.

Oh you're going to come here and say you don't live by what the society has defined for us ? Please. It's not possible. Weve made society what it is that's why men and women aren't equal.

You will teach your son to play football and not ballet because you are a product of society. Your daughter will wear dresses and skirts and makeup and heels because she will be a product of society. Your daughter will open Forbes and see that the majority of people in power are men. More than likely the CEO of wherever she works will be a man. But she's going to go home are you're honestly going to tell her women are equal to men? Please don't raise a fool. We can't live by inspirational quotes.

1 Like

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by TruthHurts1(m): 12:12am On Feb 22, 2016
YourMain:

Women are not inferior to men, they're just different. Being different does not always equate with being inferior. It's because of such fallacies that things like racism exist.

Men and women are equal in human dignity, equal in the sight and grace of God and equal under the law, at least in theory if not always in practice.

There are things women can do such as multitasking which very few men can accomplish. I'm a guy so I have first-hand knowledge of thissmiley (In fact women's ability to multitask also applies to their unique ability to hold several conversations at the same time. This may have given rise to the persistent myth that women gossip wink

Add to this the fact that girls are now outperforming boys in areas of learning traditionally believed to be male oriented, such as the natural sciences and law, and you'll agree that the "women are inferior" argument has run its full absurd course and must now be relegated to recycle bin of any reasonable discourse on gender relations.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 12:14am On Feb 22, 2016
Joshthefirst:

Yes Hes a just judge. His mercy is earned. He doesn't give to to criminals.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by ronald4lif(m): 12:17am On Feb 22, 2016
YourMain:

Neither gender is superior or inferior, people should be evaluated as individuals. Success has nothing to do with one's sex.

And I find your submission contradicting, affirming women can do all men can do (equality) and in another breath saying men are superior.

I had written an elaborative rebuttal to your assertion but for fear of being called a hypocrite I had to modify it, so when next I engaged NL feminists I don't sound silly after sounding like I'm one.

To go about believing men are superior to women is servilism to one's potentials and a subtle admission to poor self esteem.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 12:20am On Feb 22, 2016
TruthHurts1:

There are things women can do such as multitasking which very few men can accomplish. I'm a guy so I have first-hand knowledge of thissmiley (In fact women's ability to multitask also applies to their unique ability to hold several conversations at the same time. This may have given rise to the persistent myth that women gossip wink

I'm sure in theory women and men are equal. And just different. And I agree. I want us to be equal. I'm not saying women are bad or are lazy or anything. I'm not saying we can't do anything. I'm not saying we're not as strong as men or we are not as good as men. But in women and men in action. And as you can see the men are superior. Men are at the top of everything. And as I said maybe that's the influence of society. But as of right now, women are inferior.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Joshthefirst(m): 12:20am On Feb 22, 2016
YourMain:

Lol. I would love love to play fairy tales and rainbow with you but there's a certain point you've to grow up and see reality.

Oh you're going to come here and say you don't live by what the society has defined for us ? Please. It's not possible. Weve made society what it is that's why men and women aren't equal.

You will teach your son to play football and not ballet because you are a product of society. Your daughter will wear dresses and skirts and makeup and heels because she will be a product of society. Your daughter will open Forbes and see that the majority of people in power are men. More than likely the CEO of wherever she works will be a man. But she's going to go home are you're honestly going to tell her women are equal to men? Please don't raise a fool. We can't live by inspirational quotes.
I'll tell you what, This is my reality:

I live life by my own rules, and my life strictly adheres to my own definitions.

I will teach my children not to let society define them, but to let the good book do so. I will teach them to do whatever sport they love. My daughter will open forbes and see an only opportunities and inspiration, and my girls(since we're talking specifically about them) will be powerful and influential, because i will teach them that they're not inferior, but equal and powerful. They will learn from me and my wife not to live life defined by rules of the society, and they will be effective and violent trail blazers. Those are the people who make a difference in the world, not people who allow circumstance of origin and society to define their chances of success and freedom.

Open the powerful women and men of Forbes and read their stories to get what I mean.

1 Like

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Joshthefirst(m): 12:22am On Feb 22, 2016
YourMain:

Yes Hes a just judge. His mercy is earned. He doesn't give to to criminals.
How can you earn mercy? Mercy by definition cannot be earned.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Is Allah Like You?" / See The Ebo "Sacrifice" I Offered To Esu In My Shrine [photos] / Is Epilepsy Spiritual?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.