Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Muslims, Is This True? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslims, Is This True? (5899 Views)

Is This True About MFM? See What Group Wrote About The Church / Is This True About God? I Need Clarification / Muslims Is This True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 29, 2016
YourMain:

1. I never used any of those to determine the equality of a man and a woman.

2. Yes. The status of a person depends on a lot of things and sex is one of them. It just is what it is. More than likely the man will have a higher paying job and a job with higher social status than a woman will.

3. Sigh!

Lol do ask him to prove it and he will open Forbes just to show her that men men dominate. Women only make about 10% of the worlds richest. Only 20% of the worlds political power. Women are more likely to spend more time in college and get more educated but less than 20% of women make it to a board seat. So... Who is dominating sorry ? Stop living in fairy tales. Face reality.

I have been following this debate since the inception of this thread and I have been hungry to be part of the argument, but I haven't really had the time, but I do now.

I don't quite agree with you, miss. I think everyone is equal. A dissimilarity in gender doesn't place one above the other. You always use forbes to expatiate on your claim. But let me tell you something. Most of the men on forbes aren't there because they are men and they have a higher chance at being successful, they are there because due to societal and cultural conditioning, that believe that as men they had to succeed and lead, so this intensified their drive to be outstanding in their fields.

Most of the people on forbes lists are people from the previous generation. People born in the 1940s-1960s. A time when women weren't given much privilege to school and work and weren't provided the exposure that men were provided with. If from childhood, young girls were instilled with the idea that they too can succeed and be the best at what they do, then you would have seen lots of women being on forbes list. But our generation is different. The eyes of women are now open and they are starting to understand that they have equal chance at being successful. I bet you, in the next 50 years, there will be lots of more women on forbes lists.

If a woman who is qualified for a job position gets employed and excels in her job and outperforms the men, she would definitely get paid better than them.

1 Like

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 29, 2016
Sedrik:

I have been following this debate since the inception of this thread and I have been hungry to be part of the argument, but I haven't really had the time, but I do now.

I don't quite agree with you, miss. I think everyone is equal. A dissimilarity in gender doesn't place one above the other. You always use forbes to expatiate on your claim. But let me tell you something. Most of the men on forbes aren't there because they are men and they have a higher chance at being successful, they are there because due to societal and cultural conditioning, that believe that as men they had to succeed and lead, so this intensified their drive to be outstanding in their fields.

Most of the people on forbes lists are people from the previous generation. People born in the 1940s-1960s. A time when women weren't given much privilege to school and work and weren't provided the exposure that men were provided with. If from childhood, young girls were instilled with the idea that they too can succeed and be the best at what they do, then you would have seen lots of women being on forbes list. But our generation is different. The eyes of women are now open and they are starting to understand that they have equal chance at being successful. I bet you, in the next 50 years, there will be lots of more women on forbes lists.

If a woman who is qualified for a job position gets employed and excels in her job and outperforms the men, she would definitely get paid better than them.

Well nice for you to join.

And I've stated that several times. The fact that women are inferior today may be due to social conditioning. But that doesn't remove the fact that women are still inferior in the real life.

Actually, thing is women are more emotional than men are or than men need to be. A woman may decide to spend 10 years getting a good standard education but a man is still more favourable to employ. A woman will end up getting pregnant and will go on maternity leave. This is a loss for any company. They'd have to pay money to someone that isn't doing any work. Women do not have equal chance of being successful, women are discriminated in the place of work all the time. Statically in today's world women actually spend more time in education but get paid less regardless.

No she actually wouldn't. You may look it up on any website you please. As stated above, employing a woman is a loss for most companies and they don't want to do it. I'm sure you heard of Apple and Facebook asking women to freeze their eggs because they are a loss.

1 Like

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 29, 2016
YourMain:

And I've stated that several times. The fact that women are inferior today may be due to social conditioning. But that doesn't remove the fact that women are still inferior in the real life.

Actually, thing is women are more emotional than men are or than men need to be. A woman may decide to spend 10 years getting a good standard education but a man is still more favourable to employ. A woman will end up getting pregnant and will go on maternity leave. This is a loss for any company. They'd have to pay money to someone that isn't doing any work. Women do not have equal chance of being successful, women are discriminated in the place of work all the time. Statically in today's world women actually spend more time in education but get paid less regardless.

No she actually wouldn't. You may look it up on any website you please. As stated above, employing a woman is a loss for most companies and they don't want to do it. I'm sure you heard of Apple and Facebook asking women to freeze their eggs because they are a loss.

You just listed the disadvantages of employing women in a company or public institution. What about jobs that are more suited for women? There are jobs that the rate of success is hugely dependent on the feminine work force. How about women who want to venture into their own privately owned businesses? These days the successful people aren't actually salary earners. The Linda ikejis, the Chimamanda's, the Martha stewarts and Jk rowlings of this world are lot more successful than many of the men in their fields. But they are women aren't they?
Because a certain sector of life doesn't favor women isn't enough to say that women are inferior to men.

Everyone has something inside of them, something that can make them great, if they can dig deep into that thing, harness it and effectively utilize it, then they would be outstanding and successful, irrespective of their gender.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 29, 2016
Sedrik:

You just listed the disadvantages of employing women in a company or public institution. What about jobs that are more suited for women? There are jobs that the rate of success is hugely dependent on the feminine work force. How about women who want to venture into their own privately owned businesses? These days the successful people aren't actually salary earners. The Linda ikejis, the Chimamanda's, the Martha stewarts and Jk rowlings of this world are lot more successful than many of the men in their fields. But they are women aren't they?
Because a certain sector of life doesn't favor women isn't enough to say that women are inferior to men.

Everyone has something inside of them, something that can make them great, if they can dig deep into that thing, harness it and effectively utilize it, then they would be outstanding and successful, irrespective of their gender.

Jobs that are more suited for women like what ? Isn't that just counteracting your "equality" stance. So what jobs are suited for women ? Jobs that thrive on using the sexuality of women for financial gain.

Seriously ? Linda ikeji ? I'm talking about Forbes billionaires and you're bringing Linda ikeji lol. So you're trying to tell me that Linda is on the same level as bill gates. Lol okay. Anyways if we were to talk about " jobs suited for women" men still dominate. The most successful writers in the world are men. The most successful cooks are also men. Are you really going to compare social media sites like Linda ikejis blog to Facebook ? Please stop.

I'm not trying to say women can't be great. I'm saying. Men, in this present moment are dominating and are the superior race.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 29, 2016
YourMain:

Jobs that are more suited for women like what ? Isn't that just counteracting your "equality" stance. So what jobs are suited for women ? Jobs that thrive on using the sexuality of women for financial gain.

Seriously ? Linda ikeji ? I'm talking about Forbes billionaires and you're bringing Linda ikeji lol. So you're trying to tell me that Linda is on the same level as bill gates. Lol okay. Anyways if we were to talk about " jobs suited for women" men still dominate. The most successful writers in the world are men. The most successful cooks are also men. Are you really going to compare social media sites like Linda ikejis blog to Facebook ? Please stop.

I'm not trying to say women can't be great. I'm saying. Men, in this present moment are dominating and are the superior race.

I didn't mean those kind of jobs. There are jobs where the services of women are more effectively utilized, as compared to men. Women make better nurses for instance. I work as a doctor in a federal hospital, so I can say that for sure.

Okay you win. Not that I entirely agree with you, but you do have more points that I do. So I will just throw in the towel now.

You seem really smart. Do you have a degree? If you do, in what field?
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 29, 2016
Sedrik:

I didn't mean those kind of jobs. There are jobs where the services of women are more effectively utilized, as compared to men. Women make better nurses for instance. I work as a doctor in a federal hospital, so I can say that for sure.

Okay you win. Not that I entirely agree with you, but you do have more points that I do. So I will just throw in the towel now.

You seem really smart. Do you have a degree? If you do, in what field?

Youre a doctor :O. ok smiley

Lol I await my trophy.

No I dont. Ive no degree, not yet anyways.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 29, 2016
YourMain:

Youre a doctor :O. ok smiley

Lol I await my trophy.

No I dont. Ive no degree, not yet anyways.

Yes I am.

What would you like as your trophy? You could mail me your address and I'll send you a gift, if you are interested, but I don't know exactly how this website's one on one messaging works. I haven't messaged anyone here before.

You are in school? What school? You seem like a Unilag kind of girl, are you?
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by analice107: 7:38pm On Feb 29, 2016
YourMain:

It is that word inferior that you keep using that I have a problem with. Islam so dehumanized women to the extent that women have indeed believed that they're inferior. My dear, if you are inferior as a Muslim woman, I am not inferior at all. The brain it takes a man to reason, I have. What men do to make them succeed is not their Penis, it's intellect. Pls wake up and drop this women are inferior to men bullsh'it. Am 100%human.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 29, 2016
Sedrik:

Yes I am.

What would you like as your trophy? You could mail me your address and I'll send you a gift, if you are interested, but I don't know exactly how this website's one on one messaging works. I haven't messaged anyone here before.

You are in school? What school? You seem like a Unilag kind of girl, are you?

I was just kidding lol. It's fine smiley.

I am in school. I don't live in Nigeria sorry. A unilag kind of girl ? What are unilag girls like ?
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 29, 2016
YourMain:

I was just kidding lol. It's fine smiley.

I am in school. I don't live in Nigeria sorry. A unilag kind of girl ? What are unilag girls like ?

Okay. Whatever you say, miss.

Great. Where do you live then? Unilag is my alma mater so I kind of know how to tell a Unilag girl when I see one. But I guess I was wrong on your account.

I hope am not bothering you with my questions. Most people don't like revealing contents of their personal life on public online forums.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 29, 2016
Sedrik:

Okay. Whatever you say, miss.

Great. Where do you live then? Unilag is my alma mater so I kind of know how to tell a Unilag girl when I see one. But I guess I was wrong on your account.

I hope am not bothering you with my questions. Most people don't like revealing contents of their personal life on public online forums.

I live outside Nigeria. So tell me, what are the characteristics Unilag girls have ?

It's fine. I don't mind at all.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 29, 2016
YourMain:

I live outside Nigeria. So tell me, what are the characteristics Unilag girls have ?

It's fine. I don't mind at all.

Outside Africa?

Majority of Unilag girls are smart and they know how to talk and express themselves very well and ofcourse, they know how to argue.
There are also pretty, sassy and a really good fashionistas.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 29, 2016
Sedrik:

Outside Africa?

Majority of Unilag girls are smart and they know how to talk and express themselves very well and ofcourse, they know how to argue.
There are also pretty, sassy and a really good fashionistas.

Yeah lol. Outside Africa.

Oh that's good. Good for them. Unfortunately I'm not one. I'm not very pretty or sassy nor am I any sort of a fashionista.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 29, 2016
YourMain:

Yeah lol. Outside Africa.

Oh that's good. Good for them. Unfortunately I'm not one. I'm not very pretty or sassy nor am I any sort of a fashionista.

How can I reach you? I want to get to know you better. Nothing serious, just that I love to keep cool, smart friends.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 29, 2016
Sedrik:

How can I reach you? I want to get to know you better. Nothing serious, just that I love to keep cool, smart friends.

How would you like to reach me ?

That's nice of you! thanks smiley
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 29, 2016
YourMain:

How would you like to reach me ?

That's nice of you! thanks smiley

You are welcome. I would lik to reach you by mail, if you don't mind.

Please just send a mail to voldermortsdiary@gmail.com and I'll reply. smiley
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 29, 2016
Sedrik:

Why don't you just send me a pm smiley my email is provided there
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Feb 29, 2016
YourMain:

Why don't you just send me a pm smiley my email is provided there

Okay I will do just that. smiley
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by unphilaz(m): 6:44am On Mar 01, 2016
YourMain:
I think this is just how to treat any human being. One should never think someone is beneath them irrespective of anything.

Islamically though, it's true. Slandering a woman is a major sin. You're meant to make excuses for your Muslim brethren when you see them err. But then advice them privately. It's also mentioned that whoever enters paradise, it's not going to be by how pious they are as a Muslim but by Allahs mercy alone. So she could dress inappropriately but still have Allahs mercy while you could cover it all up and not...

Yea
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by joseph1832(m): 10:25am On Mar 01, 2016
Sedrik:

Like seriously. Voldemort

1 Like

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by malvisguy212: 11:44am On Mar 01, 2016
YourMain:

Yes Hes a just judge. His mercy is earned. He doesn't give to to criminals.
this is a joke, how can you earn mercy ?
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 01, 2016
malvisguy212:
this is a joke, how can you earn mercy ?

Mercy - compassion or forgiveness shown towards someone whom it is within one's power to punish or harm.

How do I know that because I fed some homeless guy 10 years ago God will have mercy on me forever ?

1 Like

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by malvisguy212: 4:33pm On Mar 01, 2016
YourMain:

Mercy - compassion or forgiveness shown towards someone whom it is within one's power to punish or harm.

How do I know that because I fed some homeless guy 10 years ago God will have mercy on me forever ?
I wish you know what you are saying. Mercy is God deliverance from judgment (not final judgment), mercy can also be, God not punishing our sin as we deserve. The bible say we all have sin, as a result, we deserve punishment, everyday of our life is an acts of God's mercy. Here what david say :

Psalm 51:1–2
1 have mercy on me, O God,
according to your steadfast love;
according to your abundant mercy
blot out my transgressions.
2 wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,
and cleanse me from my sin!

You see, a plea to God is like asking Him to withhold His judgment and grant us mercy We have NOT EARN.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by francizy(m): 10:50pm On Jun 11, 2016
I think this is just how to treat any human being. One should never think someone is beneath them irrespective of anything.

Islamically though, it's true. Slandering a woman is a major sin. You're meant to make excuses for your Muslim brethren when you see them err. But then advice them privately. It's also mentioned that whoever enters paradise, it's not going to be by how pious they are as a Muslim but by Allahs mercy alone. So she could dress inappropriately but still have Allahs mercy while you could cover it all up and not...

The bolded is probably the reason we still hearing sai barber even when the economy has collapsed. My problem with Nigerians is that after screaming sai Barbara in public, they will still scream it privately in order to curry favor... undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder / Religion Is A Propaganda Tool / Some People Believe in Evil Spirits Yet Don't Believe in God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.