Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Muslims, Is This True? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslims, Is This True? (5910 Views)

Is This True About MFM? See What Group Wrote About The Church / Is This True About God? I Need Clarification / Muslims Is This True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 12:25am On Feb 22, 2016
ronald4lif:

Neither gender is superior or inferior, people should be evaluated as individuals. Success has nothing to do with one's sex.

And I find your submission contradicting, affirming women can do all men can do (equality) and in another breath saying men are superior.

I had written an elaborative rebuttal to your assertion but for fear of being called a hypocrite I had to modify it, so when next I engaged NL feminists I don't sound silly after sounding like I'm one.

To go about believing men are superior to women is servilism to one's potentials and a subtle admission to poor self esteem.

My self esteem is perfectly fine lol. Your theory is perfectly sound. But men and women aren't equal. And actually yes success has to do with ones sex. Men are more likely to get a job than women are. Men are more likely to be put in positions of power. Men get paid more in a lot of cases.

Stop living in fantasy where people actually judge people by individualism. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. If you and I apply for a job with the exact same qualifications you are a certain number more likely to get it because you are a man. And say we did both get it and we have both been working hard you're also more likely to get promoted. You live in the real world. It is what it is.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 12:32am On Feb 22, 2016
Joshthefirst:
I'll tell you what, This is my reality:

I live life by my own rules, and my life strictly adheres to my own definitions.

I will teach my children not to let society define them, but to let the good book do so. I will teach them to do whatever sport they love. My daughter will open forbes and see an only opportunities and inspiration, and my girls(since we're talking specifically about them) will be powerful and influential, because i will teach them that they're not inferior, but equal and powerful. They will learn from me and my wife not to live life defined by rules of the society, and they will be effective and violent trail blazers. Those are the people who make a difference in the world, not people who allow circumstance of origin and society to define their chances of success and freedom.

Open the powerful women and men of Forbes and read their stories to get what I mean.

You live by your own rules :O. Really? Do you live on your own little planet too ? Sorry you live in a society. You can go to jail for raping me and I can't go to jail for raping you. I'm sorry did you make that rule ? Did you also make the rule where if you and I make a child I can abort it if I wanted and you can't do anything about it ? No you didn't. Because you live in a society. That has rules that aren't made by you.

Lol what? Have you opened the Forbes richest ? Is that what you see opportunities and inspiration ? Where ? I agree that you should teach them that they are powerful and strong and capable of doing anything. But we live in a society with faults. You can't tell your kids they don't live in a society. They do. They live in a society where being a man is favoured in a lot of ways than being a woman. And you've to teach them to act against that. Not to pretend it's not there.

I've never said women cannot be powerful. I said men are generally more powerful and in positions of power. Because they are. It's the truth.

1 Like

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by facheux: 12:38am On Feb 22, 2016
Joshthefirst:
How can you earn mercy? Mercy by definition cannot be earned.

I urge you to learn a little about islam. The answer you seek and repetitively inquire about will be clear.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Joshthefirst(m): 12:47am On Feb 22, 2016
facheux:

I urge you to learn a little about islam. The answer you seek and repetitively inquire about will be clear.
Okay, but I'm asking these questions partly to learn about Islam too
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Joshthefirst(m): 12:50am On Feb 22, 2016
YourMain:

You live by your own rules :O. Really? Do you live on your own little planet too ? Sorry you live in a society. You can go to jail for raping me and I can't go to jail for raping you. I'm sorry did you make that rule ? Did you also make the rule where if you and I make a child I can abort it if I wanted and you can't do anything about it ? No you didn't. Because you live in a society. That has rules that aren't made by you.

Lol what? Have you opened the Forbes richest ? Is that what you see opportunities and inspiration ? Where ? I agree that you should teach them that they are powerful and strong and capable of doing anything. But we live in a society with faults. You can't tell your kids they don't live in a society. They do. They live in a society where being a man is favoured in a lot of ways than being a woman. And you've to teach them to act against that. Not to pretend it's not there.

I've never said women cannot be powerful. I said men are generally more powerful and in positions of power. Because they are. It's the truth.
What I will teach my kids, will enable them to transcend the limitations of society. That's the sum total of what I mean. I will teach them not to allow society to define their limitations.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by facheux: 12:51am On Feb 22, 2016
Joshthefirst:
Okay, but I'm asking these questions partly to learn about Islam too

I respect that. I meant no ill will towards you.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Joshthefirst(m): 12:52am On Feb 22, 2016
facheux:

I respect that. I meant no ill will towards you.
And I you.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 12:52am On Feb 22, 2016
Joshthefirst:
What I will teach my kids, will enable them to transcend the limitations of society. That's the sum total of what I mean. I will teach them not to allow society to define their limitations.

And I agree. I will teach my kids the same. But not " I live life by own rules..." Because that's not true.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Joshthefirst(m): 1:11am On Feb 22, 2016
YourMain:

And I agree. I will teach my kids the same. But not " I live life by own rules..." Because that's not true.
'I live life by MY own rules' is true for me. And it also depends on the context of interpretation.

Are you a Muslim?
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 1:14am On Feb 22, 2016
Joshthefirst:
'I live life by MY own rules' is true for me. And it also depends on the context of interpretation.

Are you a Muslim?

sigh. If you say so.

I'm an agnostic Muslim. I believe in most teachings in the Quran but my relationship with God is personal and isn't within the boundaries of any religion.

2 Likes

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Joshthefirst(m): 1:39am On Feb 22, 2016
YourMain:

sigh. If you say so.

I'm an agnostic Muslim. I believe in most teachings in the Quran but my relationship with God is personal and isn't within the boundaries of any religion.
hmmm. I've ever met an agnostic Muslim before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 1:40am On Feb 22, 2016
Joshthefirst:
hmmm. I've ever met an agnostic Muslim before.

I'm one of a kind wink
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Joshthefirst(m): 1:44am On Feb 22, 2016
YourMain:

I'm one of a kind wink
Lol. Cool.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Joshthefirst(m): 1:45am On Feb 22, 2016
Abeg Ishilove no vex with me for derailing your thread. What are friends for?
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by facheux: 2:31am On Feb 22, 2016
I remember something menk once said I'll never forget. He said you think you're killing time, but time is killing you. That lecture was about making most of your time.

MashAllah
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by uboma(m): 6:35am On Feb 22, 2016
YourMain:

Because women are inferior. As much as wed like to claim equality. We all know it's true. And even more so back then where your superiority was determined by physical strength and wealth, which men are superior in. Even today.

What demeaning views are these ?

I dont share the view that women are inferior.

I respect the women folk, listen to their views, give them the opportunity to express themselves and i hate it when some men relegate them to the background.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Ishilove: 8:18am On Feb 22, 2016
Joshthefirst:
Abeg Ishilove no vex with me for derailing your thread. What are friends for?
Emmm, friends are companions, shoulders to lean on in time of distress. People to share happy and sad moments with...
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 22, 2016
uboma:

I dont share the view that women are inferior.

I respect the women folk, listen to their views, give them the opportunity to express themselves and i hate it when some men relegate them to the background.

And that's great. I'm glad you do. I do too. But as of right now the fact is, men are superior. It is what it is.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Junior66(m): 9:21am On Feb 22, 2016
YourMain:
I think this is just how to treat any human being. One should never think someone is beneath them irrespective of anything.

Islamically though, it's true. Slandering a woman is a major sin. You're meant to make excuses for your Muslim brethren when you see them err. But then advice them privately. It's also mentioned that whoever enters paradise, it's not going to be by how pious they are as a Muslim but by Allahs mercy alone. So she could dress inappropriately but still have Allahs mercy while you could cover it all up and not...

this is one reason people of other religions do not like Islam.

1 Like

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 22, 2016
Junior66:

this is one reason people of other religions do not like Islam.

Because you're not meant to judge people and slander women ? Lol
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Junior66(m): 9:29am On Feb 22, 2016
YourMain:

Because you're not meant to judge people and slander women ? Lol
No. becos u protect ur own even when dey do wrong. if a xtian had a fight with a muslim, you would still support the muslim even when u know he is on the wrong. that is bad by all standards.

1 Like

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by analice107: 9:42am On Feb 22, 2016
YourMain:

Awh thank you embarassed

Eh ? He has left me for another sad I wasn't good enough for him cry
Which of them left you? Ore, or Fula? You see that your Oyinbo country wey you go stay, Abi you don forget how to cook our food? You know? these our men like food too much.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by analice107: 9:48am On Feb 22, 2016
OLAJADON:

yeaaa equality btw men and women is not tolerated in islam so do u have a problem with that.
ALSO PLEASES DONT USE MUSLIMS BEHAVIOUR TO JUDGE ISLAM IT JUST SHOW HOW GULLIBLE U R.
But the Muslim men are practising Islam nah? Why are non-Muslim men not behaving in that manner? O boy, see reasoning.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 22, 2016
Ishilove:

Emmm, friends are companions, shoulders to lean on in time of distress. People to share happy and sad moments with...

can u please be my girl friend? i will take care of u and no sex till marriage i swear to God. pls reply
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 22, 2016
If only this religion was practised to the letter without a mix of tradition, be it arabian, persian or even african, it would been fantastic.
Learning a lot about budaism too

Btw, i pray i dont miss the reply to the post above mine cheesy
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by joseph1832(m): 8:45am On Feb 29, 2016
YourMain:

My self esteem is perfectly fine lol. Your theory is perfectly sound. But men and women aren't equal. And actually yes success has to do with ones sex. Men are more likely to get a job than women are. Men are more likely to be put in positions of power. Men get paid more in a lot of cases.

Stop living in fantasy where people actually judge people by individualism. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. If you and I apply for a job with the exact same qualifications you are a certain number more likely to get it because you are a man And say we did both get it and we have both been working hard you're also more likely to get promoted. You live in the real world. It is what it is.
Well the emboldened isn't true in Nigeria today. Women find it a lot easier in getting jobs than men do.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 29, 2016
joseph1832:
Well the emboldened isn't true in Nigeria today. Women find it a lot easier in getting jobs than men do.

Maybe so in Nigeria. But regardless, in the long run, if you look at the track records men are more likely to be at a higher position than women so clearly the roles are not passed out equally.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by joseph1832(m): 8:51am On Feb 29, 2016
YourMain:

Maybe so in Nigeria. But regardless, in the long run, if you look at the track records men are more likely to be at a higher position than women so clearly the roles are not passed out equally.
I'm curious to know how you define the word 'equal?'.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 29, 2016
joseph1832:
I'm curious to know how you define the word 'equal?'.

By normal definition.

A person or thing that is the same as another in status or quality.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by joseph1832(m): 9:15am On Feb 29, 2016
YourMain:

By normal definition.

A person or thing that is the same as another in status or quality.
From what you said, I can tell you the following:

• Women and men aren't the same, our physique, body, the way we act and react aren't the same, thus I can say one can't use this as a means to determine equality between a man and a woman.

• Status of a person has a lot of favor working for that person, it might be privilege, opportunity or even God's genuine favor. So a man might be placed higher than a woman not because he's better than her, but just because he has a lot of workings working in his favor. Or its just a case of sentiment.

• Quality is what I hold very high. We all came from a woman. So a man can be different from a woman or another man depending on the 'quality' of education, home training and exposure he has received, vise versa.

So I really don't think, neither do I believe a woman is inferior to a man, because let's face it, inferiority is a thing of the mind. Whoever thinks he or she is inferior clearly hasn't fulfilled the socratic dictum "man know thyself".

So like I always tell my sisters, any man who open his mouth and tell you he's superior to you, ask him in what regard, and if he tells you, ask him to 'prove it' (in a calm and gentle way).
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 29, 2016
joseph1832:
From what you said, I can tell you the following:

• Women and men aren't the same, our physique, body, the way we act and react aren't the same, thus I can say one can't use this as a means to determine equality between a man and a woman.

• Status of a person has a lot of favor working for that person, it might be privilege, opportunity or even God's genuine favor. So a man might be placed higher than a woman not because he's better than her, but just because he has a lot of workings working in his favor. Or its just a case of sentiment.

• Quality is what I hold very high. We all came from a woman. So a man can be different from a woman or another man depending on the 'quality' of education, home training and exposure he has received, vise versa.

So I really don't think, neither do I believe a woman is inferior to a man, because let's face it, inferiority is a thing of the mind. Whoever thinks he or she is inferior clearly hasn't fulfilled the socratic dictum "man know thyself".

So like I always tell my sisters, any man who open his mouth and tell you he's superior to you, ask him in what regard, and if he tells you, ask him to 'prove it' (in a calm and gentle way).

1. I never used any of those to determine the equality of a man and a woman.

2. Yes. The status of a person depends on a lot of things and sex is one of them. It just is what it is. More than likely the man will have a higher paying job and a job with higher social status than a woman will.

3. Sigh!

Lol do ask him to prove it and he will open Forbes just to show her that men men dominate. Women only make about 10% of the worlds richest. Only 20% of the worlds political power. Women are more likely to spend more time in college and get more educated but less than 20% of women make it to a board seat. So... Who is dominating sorry ? Stop living in fairy tales. Face reality.

1 Like

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by joseph1832(m): 12:43pm On Feb 29, 2016
YourMain:

1. I never used any of those to determine the equality of a man and a woman.

2. Yes. The status of a person depends on a lot of things and sex is one of them. It just is what it is. More than likely the man will have a higher paying job and a job with higher social status than a woman will.

3. Sigh!

Lol do ask him to prove it and he will open Forbes just to show her that men men dominate. Women only make about 10% of the worlds richest. Only 20% of the worlds political power. Women are more likely to spend more time in college and get more educated but less than 20% of women make it to a board seat. So... Who is dominating sorry ? Stop living in fairy tales. Face reality.
LOL. Okay I get you. But what I'm trying to say is, according to the christian Bible, we were made in God's image and likeness, so we look like God. And, we got God's intelligence.

So, I'm only saying a man is intelligent or whatever because the woman who carried and nursed him is also intelligent. So it will be foolhardy for a man to say a woman is inferior to him forgetting that his own mother is a woman.

Remember, inferior begot inferior and superior begot superior. Lol. That's all I'm trying to say miss.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Forgiveness Like A Debit Card? - Paul Ellis / Can This Be True (pic) Fish Rain / You Are A Saint Through Christ.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.