Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,084 members, 7,828,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- (32909 Views)

Are Yoruba Men Like This?? / I Want To Get Married, But My Parents Don't Like The Girl / Why Do Some Men Like To Tempt Married Women? Why??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 22, 2016
See as wowolisis dey worry dis gal untop all the American burger, fyne she no fyne...you sure say na you abandon Naija men or na Naija men run for their life? shocked
Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by kay29000(m): 9:55am On Feb 22, 2016
M4gunners:
Now i can see why his Father abandoned her.Is like he consulted Oracle to know what the Child future look like, and the answer he got maid him abandoned her.
Look at the words that is coming out of her mouth, it shows She hate Nigeria with passion.

LMAO!
Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by Okeikpu(m): 9:55am On Feb 22, 2016
B**CH!
Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by jessedaflow: 9:56am On Feb 22, 2016
Deceive or device? cry
CastedDude:
u are Biafran yet u use Naira.. who u dey decive?
Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by theshaderoom: 9:57am On Feb 22, 2016
M4gunners:
Now i can see why his Father abandoned her.Is like he consulted Oracle to know what the Child future look like, and the answer he got maid him abandoned her.
Look at the words that is coming out of her mouth, it shows She hate Nigeria with passion.

Smh..
Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by guywitzerogal(m): 9:59am On Feb 22, 2016
Who cares how does dat make 1dollar =1naira, na she go b d first to hate her fada ni, Abi even d smelling white dad don't abandon dere own kids ni? Abeg make I hear word

1 Like

Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by babajay69: 10:01am On Feb 22, 2016
Xposer:
A US freelance writer /journalist who is a half-Nigerian, Imade Nibokun went on a full online rant in talking about Nigerian men who blame her for not knowing her Nigerian father whom she said abandoned her...She also took a swipe at Nigerian fathers whom she called crappy. She took to her twitter handle to make her mind known. See below;

https://mobile.twitter.com/imadeintruth/status/701632623358164992

Via http://www.nationalhelm.com/2016/02/why-i-avoid-old-nigerian-men-like.html

You need to change your name so you can fully cut yourself from being a Nigerian.
I was born in London with a wonderful Nigerian father no issues. If your father bailed on you it doesn't mean that all Nigerian men are the same.
In America slot of black kids have no idea who their fathers are does that mean that all African American men are like that?
I think you should face the future and stop focusing on an event in the past that you have no power to change.
You are a Nigerian by blood so love us a little more.

4 Likes

Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by Hymoney: 10:01am On Feb 22, 2016
I know it can be crasy, but you ain't the only person who has such a father, so you saying Nigerian Father's are crappy, Hmmmm well its capital lie, there are people who has actually been through worse, yet they made their way out without the Insult On Nigerian Fathers... Indeed , this shows you have been wrongly brainwashed, and one more thing You'll always remain Blackkkkkkkkkk... Face your life when he hears your success story he'll look for you, not calling him crappy, cos it clearly shows to me that you are crappy and negative... #Peace#
Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by fctguy: 10:01am On Feb 22, 2016
Who be this "manyan kwayan idanu"
Na only Nigeria man dey abandon pikin? So what do you have to say about others that do same.

You should find out what your mother did to deserve such treatment before ranting though abandoning a child is not the best
It may be very difficult for you to bear but you should live above your hate and do your best to reconcile with him

this world is bigger than how u see it sis, you are even lucky to have a good life, go see many abandoned kids in the slums
Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by mamawin(f): 10:02am On Feb 22, 2016
M4gunners:
I quite disagree wt u. do u know what it means to grow up without a fartherly love, care nd attentn? seeing yr mates nd friends' father dotting on them et al? do u know if d mother took it out on her? please, just leave her nd her outburst, du Allah
Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 22, 2016
M4gunners:

Don't be stupid, Growing up without a father affects a child, especially girls. Don't blame the girl. blame the father that abandoned her.

3 Likes

Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by cap28: 10:03am On Feb 22, 2016
She has every right to feel this way. Its better to be born an orphan than deal with the psychological baggage of abandonment by your own flesh and blood.

3 Likes

Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by mamawin(f): 10:04am On Feb 22, 2016
thecrush:
I Hate and I repeat I Hate looking at the face of this demented Black assed Oyibo....
Mtchewww.... When Trump enter i go know where u go run go
This Trump of a man is going to cause some wahala o, wia ppu go come run go nah?
Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by emi14: 10:17am On Feb 22, 2016
This lady is heart broken however decided to speak in negativity. Ours is to encourage, console and counsel her to be positive in her perceptions about Nigerian fathers. Is painful to grow without the guidance of a father. Let us bear with her. Insults will only increase her sadness and grudges.

1 Like

Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by bebe2(f): 10:17am On Feb 22, 2016
And Nairalanders showing us exactly way she means.

If discuss was a western forum, pple will come out with empathy, show her love, kindress. Tell her she done well even without a dad.

But my stonehearted pple are callin her ugly, dats why her dad abandoned her.

U can tell she is hurting but u have to go put the knife in.

So sad embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by bebe2(f): 10:18am On Feb 22, 2016
emi14:
This lady is heart broken however decided to speak in negativity. Ours is to encourage, console and counsel her to be positive in her perceptions about Nigerian fathers. Is painful to grow without the guidance of a father. Let us bear with her. Insults will only increase her sadness and grudges.

God bless u, our pple mind dey fear me ooo,

Why are our hearts so hardened?

2 Likes

Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by chidooh1: 10:26am On Feb 22, 2016
That's your culture there in the US. It doesn't have to be Nigerian dad before a kid is abandoned, good number of US dads at some point in their lives have participated in that line. So sweetheart, take heart make sure you marry a non US breed husband to avoid your kids being abandoned like you.

1 Like

Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by 4reala(m): 10:29am On Feb 22, 2016
CastedDude:
I am telling u... she's already filled with so much hatred and pain...she needs CHANGE
not dis type of negative changee we are witnessing in dis country o grin
Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by famzynet: 10:31am On Feb 22, 2016
She is very ugly both in person and speech. Nigeria doesn't even need someone like you.

2 Likes

Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 22, 2016
I pity the man that'll be in a relationship with this one.

She's sad on so many levels.

2 Likes

Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 22, 2016
emi14:

F that. She's s grown person.

1 Like

Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by fortunechy(m): 10:53am On Feb 22, 2016
sm galz hv been since 1904
Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by gbishman: 11:00am On Feb 22, 2016
Don't blame or generalise Nigerian men.
Simply put your father must have had his reasons for rejecting your sorry ass.
Secondly, may b ru mum was just a fling that sort of thing and u were the result.
So girl move on with ur life.

1 Like

Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 22, 2016
Does she actually think that only Nigerian men abandon their kids? lipsrsealed
And why doesn't her mother know where her father is from? undecided
It is easy to pass a judgement without seeing the full picture but it is impossible to find peace this way.

1 Like

Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by omonnakoda: 11:14am On Feb 22, 2016
Xposer:
cc; seun, lalasticlala, mynd44
I love these names :-beautiful and godly names grin grin
Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:15am On Feb 22, 2016
kikilove:
smiley well that's the type of father u got,most Nigerian men I know like and claim their kids even when some can't afford to take care of the kids. By the way am FTC, haven't been FTC for a long time.This is really nice
Thank God this is being said by a Lady..... Nice truth.....
Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by linearity: 11:25am On Feb 22, 2016
She is confuse, she started her rant with 'Nigeria middle age men' and ended it with 'old Nigeria men'

She better go look for her dad, at least to hear his side of the story...it might be very different from the one-sided story, she have been told all these years.

1 Like

Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by SirShymexx: 11:28am On Feb 22, 2016
So she indirectly labelled naij men cab drivers lol.

You can't blame her cos once you get to New York, you can't miss them. Naij cab drivers run NYC. Salute.

5 Likes

Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by olempe(m): 11:41am On Feb 22, 2016
I don't blame her, some dads are useless like the dads of my two exes undecided
Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by SirShymexx: 11:41am On Feb 22, 2016
shizzy7:
Who is this one again?
Ugly geh

mmtscheww

Don't blame her. A lot of naij men are deadbeat dads. I've got a lot of friends like that. One of my childhood who's half-Nigerian and half-Guinean still lament all the time cos it's like his dad just never wanted nothing to do with him and he has only seen his dad a few times in his life, despite the fact that the man is rich. The only folks he rates are his two late paternal grandparents who used to ring him all the time when they were alive and they'd visit him a couple of times from naij.

Even with my ex, her dad was never really in her life. Naij men just need be better dads, especially Yoruba men. You can't just make babies and abandon them regardless of how you feel about the mum. Ya seed is ya seed and ya responsibility - you can't run away from that.

You need to be in their shoes to understand how they feel.

3 Likes

Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by Laid2001: 11:55am On Feb 22, 2016
From her name, it is possible and most likely her father is from Ijesha land and most probably Ibokun area or any other Ijesha area of the Yorubas.

having said that, she needs to go change her name ASAP if she's not proud of it as it gives her out as Nigerian already!.

It is also possible, her father is not to blame. we can not say for sure until we hear the other side of the story anyway!.

1 Like

Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by Lionsclaw: 12:35pm On Feb 22, 2016
Well there is just one group of nigerian men who are champions at laying seeds everywhere and forget who or where their children are. And then she mention cab drivers. Well Nigerians in diaspora already have a clue who such men are.

I dont blame the girl I blame the old men who poke their nose in her life when chances are that they are themselves 70% guilty of what she is angry about

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Short Igbo Names For Baby Girl And Meaning Needed / My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. / This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.