Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,142 members, 7,829,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- (32910 Views)

Are Yoruba Men Like This?? / I Want To Get Married, But My Parents Don't Like The Girl / Why Do Some Men Like To Tempt Married Women? Why??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by twilliamx(m): 1:03pm On Feb 22, 2016
i am a nigerian father of 2 and a loving husband, i strive hard to take care of my wife and kids, when i have we enjoy and when i dont have, i work harder, my dad was like me God rest his soul and majority of nigerian men are know are just like me, they go all out just to take care of their familly. so blame your hard luck for the kind of dad u have...

3 Likes

Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by tammie24: 2:43pm On Feb 22, 2016
Who told her he's Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by Dindondin(m): 3:26pm On Feb 22, 2016
abbeycial:
sorry dear, u are not lucky in that area.
not all fathers are like that.

and for those asking u jamb questions, some may want to help u track d old man.
and what ll be the purpose?
just to see him before dying?
to touch him?
will that make her feel better, the father better, make them get to heaven?
will that erase the pain the father might v caused her and the mum?
i dont know her main reason...
but she made a point, large % of Nigerian fathers especially from Abeokuta are irresponsible.
Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by shizzy7(f): 5:11pm On Feb 22, 2016
SirShymexx:

Don't blame her. A lot of naij men are deadbeat dads. I've got a lot of friends like that. One of my childhood who's half-Nigerian and half-Guinean still lament all the time cos it's like his dad just never wanted nothing to do with him and he has only seen his dad a few times in his life, despite the fact that the man is rich. The only folks he rates are his two late paternal grandparents who used to ring him all the time when they were alive and they'd visit him a couple of times from naij.

Even with my ex, her dad was never really in her life. Naij men just need be better dads, especially Yoruba men. You can't just make babies and abandon them regardless of how you feel about the mum. Ya seed is ya seed and ya responsibility - you can't run away from that.

You need to be in their shoes to understand how they feel.
Especially Yoruba, that is their latest trademark, have children everywhere, abandon them or leave them with their mother without looking back but when the child becomes a big person in future, they'll start acting like they've always been there or start nonsense pleading. They're just irresponsible, I despise men like that and their fellow men actually support them when the matter arises. I understand how they feel because....
Hope you're good?

2 Likes

Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by SirShymexx: 8:11pm On Feb 22, 2016
shizzy7:
Especially Yoruba, that is their latest trademark, have children everywhere, abandon them or leave them with their mother without looking back but when the child becomes a big person in future, they'll start acting like they've always been there or start nonsense pleading. They're just irresponsible, I despise men like that and their fellow men actually support them when the matter arises. I understand how they feel because....
Hope you're good?

Yes. And it's sad. Especially since that's a culture black diaspora is trying to shake off. I don't know why folks run away from responsibilities.

Regardless, women do play a role in it as well. A lot of women either aren't fit for purpose, too promiscuous, a pain in the arse, or basically trap men with kids. However, once kids are involved - folks need to look for ways to cater to the kids and not abandon them. Innocent kids should never be collateral damage.

I'm good.
Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 22, 2016
CastedDude:
what of if ur dad is Buhari, will u still hate him?

#JustAsking
Wrong question. Wat u sud have ask is
Wat if ur dad is dangote, will u still hate him
Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by CioAngels(f): 10:07pm On Feb 22, 2016
I could'nt read your story. Did you give Nigerians the details of your father? Some of them are like that, but you have to make yourself happy for yourself.
Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by Nobody: 12:28am On Feb 23, 2016
Peeps raining abuses on her but just stop for a minute to think. Have u ever considered why there are great numbers of new born babies abandoned, some flushed in the toilet, some dumped in boiled water or the kind mother dropping their babies at the doorsteps of motherless homes.. Some even go as far as throwing away the innocent child in a dustbin. angry
If the men responsible for such children actually took responsibility and stand by their gfs at that time the going was smooth and now that its rough...Do u think a woman or a girl would want to destroy her baby or throw it away in anger and frustration?
Trust me, she wouldnt want to lay a finger to harm her own child.
Men in this category should man up and take responsibilities.
Orelse not only the Child will curse such a man and the woman or girl involved.God himself will do the needful...
Lets have conscience to either abstain or have protected sex, if u cant hold body.. And say no to baby mamaism....its totally wrong.. God is watching and creating records for such people..
Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by rahman3853(m): 8:28am On Feb 23, 2016
Amelian:
Peeps raining abuses on her but just stop for a minute to think. Have u ever considered why there are great numbers of new born babies abandoned, some flushed in the toilet, some dumped in boiled water or the kind mother dropping their babies at the doorsteps of motherless homes.. Some even go as far as throwing away the innocent child in a dustbin. angry
If the men responsible for such children actually took responsibility and stand by their gfs at that time the going was smooth and now that its rough...Do u think a woman or a girl would want to destroy her baby or throw it away in anger and frustration?
Trust me, she wouldnt want to lay a finger to harm her own child.
Men in this category should man up and take responsibilities.
Orelse not only the Child will curse such a man and the woman or girl involved.God himself will do the needful...
Lets have conscience to either abstain or have protected sex, if u cant hold body.. And say no to baby mamaism....its totally wrong.. God is watching and creating records for such people..
the TRUTH!!!!!! Simply spelt out, I like that.
Re: Imade Nibokun: "Why I Avoid Nigerian Old Men Like The Plague"- by blessedtwins: 11:27am On Feb 23, 2016
Imade
I love my dad.
But its Nigerian YOUNG men dt i avoid like a plague cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Short Igbo Names For Baby Girl And Meaning Needed / My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. / This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.