Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia (45047 Views)

Soldiers Trying To Enter Nnamdi Kanu's House In Umuahia (Photos, Video) / Army Sacks Musa Mustapha Bature Who Had Sex With Colleague’s Wife / Army Sacks General Aliyu Momoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by diego101(m): 11:16pm On Feb 23, 2016
HungerBAD:
On behalf of all Nigerian's that the Nigerian Police have harassed, abused and killed.

I am telling the Soldiers THANK YOU.

GUY YOU NO WELL O

1 Like

Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by johnsonjosbles(m): 11:16pm On Feb 23, 2016
ademega post=43169286o:
lolzzz
lolz police always arrive when its too late
Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by Ghnaija(m): 11:17pm On Feb 23, 2016
Kenai:

And who are you going to thank for all the Nigerians the soldiers have massacred? From the women to the infants, peasants to the elderly, young and old? Who are you going to thank for all the defenseless people the soldiers have gone in to murder, in their towns and in the streets, in their homes and in their sleep?
Who are you going to thank for all the unaddressed cases where soldiers who are meant to defend us are killing us like rats, and wiping out ENTIRE villages simply because one of their operatives was killed by unidentified people?

You thank these soldiers for this BARBARIC show they put up here? Believe me, I hate the police MORE than you possibly could, but are they wrong in this case?
Was the soldier right to have parked at an unauthorised area?
People with your attitude encourage dictators, despots and people with zero respect for diplomacy simply because of their posts.
Don't let your emotions blind you.
The soldiers were WRONG.
I second seriously an officer breaking the law and also resisting arrest should be dragged with force. And they brought back there troop to fight... So they are dat fast to appear whiles being late to enter sambissa..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by Nobody: 11:18pm On Feb 23, 2016
This gat me grin... The dpo jes had ego issues... a captain in the army is equivalent to the boss of his boss I.e 2 ranks ranks higher... Wen d guy said he is a captain he ought to verify and salute... In paramilitary lawful or unlawful you can't question your boss's action, only his boss can do that... They will settle internally sha but dy af chop that beating already grin... hopefully Mr dpo will learn to be humble...
Fadahunsi:
So the police reinforcement came in late even when it was their colleagues that were being messed up? tongue Well,they are always fond of arriving the scene minutes after the main action has ended... if na armed robbery, they'll arrive late(as usual!).. in fact something tells me that those police reinforcements were actually in the area, but wanted to be sure that the soldiers has left completely before they 'officially' arrive the. place

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by johnsonjosbles(m): 11:19pm On Feb 23, 2016
osemoses1234:
Dpo wan form kingkong NA beat dem die...
kingkong na for film, DAT yeye dpo go see real film for barack
Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by johnsonjosbles(m): 11:19pm On Feb 23, 2016
osemoses1234:
Dpo wan form kingkong NA beat dem die...
kingkong na for film, DAT yeye dpo go see real film for barak
Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by SailorXY: 11:20pm On Feb 23, 2016
As long as the Captain identified himself properly & offered to roll his bus away from the area, there's no reason for that situation to degenerate further.

What's the use shouting about serving in Sambisa or Pluto?
Common sense is really scarce even in the skull of aged men these days.

1 Like

Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:28pm On Feb 23, 2016
HungerBAD:
On behalf of all Nigerian's that the Nigerian Police have harassed, abused and killed.

BOTH SOLDIERS AND POLICE ARE BIRDS OF THE SAME FEATHER. MISUNDERSTANDING OF THEIR LANGUAGES BROUGHT THEM TO THIS LEVEL
Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by Nobody: 11:31pm On Feb 23, 2016
RaptorX:
The same people thanking the army for beating up the policemen, will be the same mofos wondering why they got brutalized after a petty encounter with a soldier. Keep on encouraging lawlessness and savage and primitive behavior and you wonder why the country is on the verge of collapse. Bunch off silly fools.

God bless U
May U live long
Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by johnsonjosbles(m): 11:31pm On Feb 23, 2016
HungerBAD:

seconded. Na so me and my wife quarrel, she go report to police, police lock me inside inner call, criminals beat hell out of me. In fact, Mr dpo! Happy beating and merry frog jump. Op pls update us when dpo return

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by rahman3853(m): 11:35pm On Feb 23, 2016
teeboi73:
I dey laugh oooo. Police una don enter one chance
in fact this one pass one chance.

1 Like

Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by Nobody: 11:40pm On Feb 23, 2016
pinkcita:

So what benefits have Nigeria given to soldiers and there family...once they stop receiving that hand to mouth salary after fighting to keep the country safe, they got homeless with no food for there family once they are retired, i wonder if any benefits abounds for nigerian active service men and vets as even obtained in other countries,even a government bus like BRT will charge a full payment for a genuine soldier on uniform and ID to board a bus...then I ask my self why won't they be barbaric when the govt dnt care in little things.Now even your military ID is NOT accepted by Nigerian government for official purpose...Only in Nigeria...Police case is a century talk...

thats a whole load of bull U put up there.
EVERYONE gets screwed by the government
we dont take out our anger on other victims of the government
If they are angry they should take their beef to the corridors of power
but beating people on the street.... thats fùcked up
and U supporting their barbarism is crazy

5 Likes

Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by Angelmichael88: 11:43pm On Feb 23, 2016
Wetin army captain dey do with bus? Na danfo driver? DPO sef wan form James Bond. Na him body go tell am how far after army panel beat him finish. Ndi ara na umu anu juru n'ime Zoogeria.
Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by famzynet: 11:44pm On Feb 23, 2016
I love Nigerian army. I hate police with passion. I was driving in Portharcourt one evening when a police van just drove to my front and ordered me to stop. Before I knew one of them was in the vehicle ,that we should start going to the station. What was my offence? That I drove roughly along the road before they met me. I was just surprise because I know I am a very careful driver and never drove rough as they said. I just knew the police wanted to job me. So as we were driving towards the purported station,we happened to be passing an army barrack when my instinct just told me to drive towards the barracks. The policeman beside me started dragging the steering with me. The swaying of the vehicle alerted the army guards in front of the barracks and they hurried came to know what was happening. Meanwhile,the police van carrying about 4 other policemen that has been following me all these while on sensing the danger of their action,left their colleague in my vehicle and drove off. The stupid police man in my vehicle seeing he had been abandoned stupidly then left my vehicle and started walking away. The soldiers called him to explain what happened and he couldn't even say any offence I committed. The soldiers then told me I was the second person that same team of police was attacking that evening,close to their barracks. I thanked the soldiers and even when I was offering them some money for saving me from robbery of the police that is meant to protect me, they refused to collect the money,saying I should not bother. Na that day my respect for Nigerian army pass anything. I will even like to join them if given the opportunity. Nigerian police is a disgrace to all Nigerians. Once again,KUDOS to all guys in the army. I respect una.

Oga captain,please pardon the police DPO because he must have been drunk that morning and propably deaf even when you introduced yourself. They are so used to molesting civilians like us that they don't even know who is who again. But before you release him,I have one plea to make. BEAT HIM BLACK AND WHITE so that he could have common sense to respect people when he comes across them again so that civilians like us can benefit from his beating. Thank you sir.

6 Likes

Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by Nobody: 11:45pm On Feb 23, 2016
This news sweet my belly die grin

1 Like

Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by lastpage: 11:45pm On Feb 23, 2016
Kenai:

And who are you going to thank for all the Nigerians the soldiers have massacred? From the women to the infants, peasants to the elderly, young and old? Who are you going to thank for all the defenseless people the soldiers have gone in to murder, in their towns and in the streets, in their homes and in their sleep?
Who are you going to thank for all the unaddressed cases where soldiers who are meant to defend us are killing us like rats, and wiping out ENTIRE villages simply because one of their operatives was killed by unidentified people?

You thank these soldiers for this BARBARIC show they put up here? Believe me, I hate the police MORE than you possibly could, but are they wrong in this case?
People with your attitude encourage dictators, despots and people with zero respect for diplomacy simply because of their posts
The soldiers were WRONG.

Most people hate the Police (and for good reasons too) .... except the Police themselves! shocked

Now, l am agreeing with you that we dont need to thank the Soldiers for putting some "beating" into those Police men, they just did what they need to do.
Lets us work on what was written:

1.) Soldier was wrong to park wrongly at an unauthorised place.

2.) DPO saw it... What should be the next thing, if that DPO was a civilised person?

a.) He should either ask the owner to remove the vehicle IMMEDIATELY
b.) Issue a Ticket to the offender and let him go and pay into Govt coffers.
That is how it is done by civilised "Law enforcement officers"

But as usual, the DPO, in their usual unnecessary show of power,
1.) wants to IMPOUND the Vehicle
2.) Detain the owner!

What then wonders, why is the above two things necessary, .... just for WRONG PARKING offence?
Ofcourse, l dont need to be a soothsayer to point out that the Police will ALWAYS try to make a Mountain out of any small infraction, just so they can EXTORT MONEY out of the arrested persons.
The Police are known not to even listen to anyone, to ascertain what happened, before hauling everyone in sight, into their cell, with "hardened" Criminals ...... only to ask you to "come and settle us" to release your people!

So, the DPO was WRONG on those two accounts.

Again, lets go further by the account given:
3.) The Soldier then identified himself to the DPO, but the DPO (who was probably drunk as early as 11am! ...my opinion) start insulting him and asking him how many wars he has fought!

Now, there is something we call "espirit de corps" with the "security apparatus" (Military, Police, SSS, e.t.c).
The doctrine is that "we are one and the same and we will assist each other wherever possible, as long as it is lawful".
In line with that Doctrine, l will not expect an Army to be fighting a Navy in public, or a Police to be fighting an Air Force or anyone in the "forces".
As a "force personnel" to another, you are expected to show some understanding and treat whatever the problem is, "privately" out of public eyes.
But this DPO, by showing disregard to a serving Army Captain, is showing disregard to the whole Armed Forces, including the Police Force!

How many times have you seen a Senior Naval officer, fighting say another Senior Air-force Officer IN PUBLIC?
There are channels by which such people can resolve their differences without bringing the "armed forces" into shame.

So, apart from trying to extort the officer, apart from the DPO abusing his powers, apart from the DPO being unnecessarily uncouth, he has also abused his Uniform/Power by trying to make an illegal arrest and detention.
Now, imagine what this osrt of "Power-Drunk" DPo has been doing to "Ordinary Civilians" ..... if he would this much disrespect a fellow officer?
Even when he was begged by onlookers, he still insists on arresting the captain! For what?
Parking offnce that attracts the equivalent of $60 in any sane, foreign country?
..... Or do they arrest you for illegal parking in America/UK/Europe? No, they simply give you a FINE (parking Ticket) but our DPO wants to show "Power", like he is tin-god!

Finally, Two Wrongs dont make a Single Right.

The Captain should have allowed his vehicle be impounded and himself locked-up by the power-drunk DPO! grin grin
But l guess that was not much of an "alternative".

I say, serves this DPO Right".

Once the Man has identified himself, you need to calm down and deal with the matter with tack, knowing that he is not an ordinary Civilian whom you are used to harassing because they (Civilians dont have guns).
Part of Police training is on how to "de-escalate issues" so you can manage it (thats is why l suspect that the DPO was drunk already!).

Cant the DPO just take the officer details (from his I.D card) and report him at the nearest military formation, so the military police (MP) can discipline him?
Now, you might ask: Is the Army above the law? answer is "NO". Not even the President.
But will a DPO try to arrest his Commissioner of Police, impound his Car and put him in a cell for wrong parking? Not a fat Chance!
So, why try to do it to a serving soldier........ if not just because of been Power Drunk and a bloated ego?

Lesson learned!
You can mess with ordinary civilians (even though it is wrong!) but think twice when it is another "armed forces officer".

Let the Police men go to the Army barracks to go and release their DPO, if dem get liver naah! :
-\ grin grin

@Army Captain, l take God beg you, if you dey read this: You know Nigerian Police (they are our Enemies Friends). Try and allow the Man to go, in the doctrine of 'espirit de corps'..... he would have learnt his lessons by now (I know you guys treated him very well while in your custody! grin ).
Dont bring the Army to the level of the Police. No "unnecessary" muscle flexing. Respects. LET HIM GO , PLS
And please tell your cadets to also respect the civilians, it is pure, sheer cowardice (like this DPO) to harass people (civilians) without guns, if na "boyz" wey come operate and them carry Luger, then you are free to discharge at will.

Lastpage!

9 Likes

Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by Bobbybube(m): 11:48pm On Feb 23, 2016
Kenai:

People with your attitude encourage dictators, despots and people with zero respect for diplomacy simply because of their posts.
Don't let your emotions you.
The soldiers were WRONG.
I think in this case you are a bit sentimental .
There is no argument that the soldier was wrong to have parked there. The issue is that they wanted to arrest him for that. That is flagrant abuse of power. How can you arrest someone for wrongful parking?
Secondly, I should inform you that officers of the Nigerian army are not bound by civil law. The police man had no locus for arresting him.
Lastly, he insulted the officer and the army too for no singular reason . This is the same army dying in Borno and fighting without weapons.

I believe the police man disrespected and disregarded him; and did not behave like a gentle man officer of the Nigerian police force. He deserved what he got.

3 Likes

Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 23, 2016
famzynet:
I love Nigerian army. I hate police with passion. I was driving in Portharcourt one evening when a police van just drove to my front and ordered me to stop. Before I knew one of them was in the vehicle ,that we should start going to the station. What was my offence? That I drove roughly along the road before they met me. I was just surprise because I know I am a very careful driver and never drove rough as they said. I just knew the police wanted to job me. So as we were driving towards the purported station,we happened to be passing an army barrack when my instinct just told me to drive towards the barracks. The policeman beside me started dragging the steering with me. The swaying of the vehicle alerted the army guards in front of the barracks and they hurried came to know what was happening. Meanwhile,the police van carrying about 4 other policemen that has been following me all these while on sensing the danger of their action,left their colleague in my vehicle and drove off. The stupid police man in my vehicle seeing he had been abandoned stupidly then left my vehicle and started walking away. The soldiers called him to explain what happened and he couldn't even say any offence I committed. The soldiers then told me I was the second person that same team of police was attacking that evening,close to their barracks. I thanked the soldiers and even when I was offering them some money for saving me from robbery of the police that is meant to protect me, they refused to collect the money,saying I should not bother. Na that day my respect for Nigerian army pass anything. I will even like to join them if given the opportunity. Nigerian police is a disgrace to all Nigerians. Once again,KUDOS to all guys in the army. I respect una.

Rivers state police are the worse my brother,there's no difference between them and kidnappers.I have lost any iota of trust and respect for them

1 Like

Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by Nayok(m): 11:53pm On Feb 23, 2016
Kenai:

The soldiers were WRONG.

Yea the soldiers were wrong, one thing I will let u know is that had it be a policeman like them parked his bus in an unauthorised place, those black uniform men with black senses will not take any action, belief me bro
Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by Dedetwo(m): 11:59pm On Feb 23, 2016
If I had my way the so-called Captain and all the soldiers who were involved in the fracas would have worn the military uniform for the last time. Nigeria needs to be disintegrated.

1 Like

Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by famzynet: 12:00am On Feb 24, 2016
I wish I could have the power of Merlin so I could beat that DPO and the police men a second time.
Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by Dheartless: 12:02am On Feb 24, 2016
Kenai:

The soldiers were WRONG.
and the dpo was right .
Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by vicog2014(m): 12:03am On Feb 24, 2016
[b][/b][i][/i] I hate Nigerian police
Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by Dheartless: 12:03am On Feb 24, 2016
Dollyak:

I wouldn't be rejoicing just yet if I were you. Nigerian army is not above the law.
Bigger picture...
and the DPO should break the law he is meant to uphold.
Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by ManTiger(m): 12:05am On Feb 24, 2016
Less than 5min that the army has left, 3 van from central police station arrived grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nigerian Police joke.
Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by Emekasmart(m): 12:06am On Feb 24, 2016
I don't know why the Nigeria police personnels don't always respect themselves and d uniform they put on. Always claiming Gods.. I hate them wit passion.
Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by kechywillz(m): 12:14am On Feb 24, 2016
The Dpo will be crying by now, ''If i had known,i for let this man go''.The army will detain him with one blow and 7 akpus,those policemen that were whisked away would by now have ikputu onu. The worst beating u can recieve in ur lifetime is in the military base.

2 Likes

Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by lastpage: 12:18am On Feb 24, 2016
Dedetwo:
If I had my way the so-called Captain and all the soldiers who were involved in the fracas would have worn the military uniform for the last time. Nigeria needs to be disintegrated.

"Your Way"..... The "High Way"! grin grin grin"
Not even if you were 'Born Again"! grin grin grin

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by dubemnaija: 12:28am On Feb 24, 2016
Lezzlie:
A country without direction and order. If the army can sack and abduct police officers, I pause to wonder how defenlessness and helpless will ordinary Nigerians be; completely at the mercies of this undisciplined thugs in uniforms.

The story isn't funny; every right thinking Nigerian should be worried!

Ur papa na policeman?

2 Likes

Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by lastpage: 12:31am On Feb 24, 2016
The funniest part is that ALMOST EVERYONE seems so happy that the Police Man got a beating?!

Na so Nigerians hate dem Police reach?

What kind of "Friends" are Nigerians and their Police?

I.G.P needs to come and gauge the feelings/rating of his men over here!

Next time you see a Nigerian SMILING at a Police Man......

Run! Run!! Run!!!.... its a FAKE SMILE!
grin grin

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by chronique(m): 12:52am On Feb 24, 2016
After,if I say most Nigerians behave like animals,some people will say I'm taking it to the extreme. So,there's an issue between 2 police officers and a soldier and the best way the army can handle it,is to go to the station,beat up all the officers there,whisk them away,and leave the police station empty. And to think some idiots here are applauding the army for a job well done,just shows you how poor the mental facult of a lot of Nigerians are. So when I call majorit of Nigerians barbarians,I'm probably not wrong. I wonder how foreigners reading this news,would see Nigerians. The nation's security outfits have engaged in a show of shame and national disgrace,and the citizens are happ about it. Such a sad tale.

2 Likes

Re: Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia by deniyor: 1:06am On Feb 24, 2016
All the policemen and soldiers involved in this case should be reprimanded and sacked. What a disgraceful episode to the uniform!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari: Things Getting Out Of Hand / Construction Of NNS Karaduwa (P102): Nigeria's Second Indigenously Built Gunboat / Buhari Vows To Recover Billions Of Dollars In The Next Three Months.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.