Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID (31366 Views)

Treat Fistula For Free / Ebonyi Tops In Vvf Cases / Photos: VVF Patients Carrying Bowls At Murtala Muhammad Hospital, Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Siddeek: 10:09pm On Apr 22, 2016
safarigirl:
Ebonyi has the highest recorded cases. We know that many states in the North simply don't report VVF cases

Better to be in the know than to hide
Hypocrite.

6 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by safarigirl(f): 10:14pm On Apr 22, 2016
Bnladan:
I've said Wat I wntd 2 say nd care I do not if u reply or not. D bottom line here is dat Ebonyi is d state with d highest cases of VVF...2 hell with Wat u think. cool
you have bigger problems than this statistic.....focus on that, not faceless numbers.

sayonara smiley

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by chiol: 10:15pm On Apr 22, 2016
omoelesa:
Ebonyi is the most backward state in southern nigeria.

U must be from a remote village, suffering from inferiority complex. We know them by their arrogance. Those from city are civilised but those make overs from interior villages are always feeling what I don't know. Abakaliki remains a heaven to your erosion deverstated village.

Note: I am not from Ebonyi State but I just want to make a common sense.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by safarigirl(f): 10:16pm On Apr 22, 2016
Siddeek:
Hypocrite.
kuku kill me tongue
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 22, 2016
LastMumu:
I'm not surprised. During my service year there, I almost lost my life after licking the _vagina of one Abakaliki chick. sad One just have to be very careful in this life.

ROTFL. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha cheesy O ti to
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Nusaf: 10:17pm On Apr 22, 2016
Bnladan:
"early rape" nko grin continue wailing till u become old.
Or runs at tender age. Let them keep denying even in the face of official report.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by nuradeen011(m): 10:20pm On Apr 22, 2016
U mean u lick there ladies *ussy during ur Nysc END TIME
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by eyesofgod: 10:20pm On Apr 22, 2016
Na wa o!

I have come to observe one distinct difference in approach to life between those in the north and those in the south (though the south-west is different ). If you confront a northern elites with statistics showing their poor rating in a nationwide study of a partcular affliction they are not going to demand to see those of the southern states. They will rather make it a national issue to attract federal funding and possibly internationalise it for same purpose.

We (southerners) are given a tool (statistics) to enable us pressure the federal govt and relevant aid agencies for greater attention to tackle this scourge some imbeciles, here, would rather wish the tag be attached to whom it doesn't concern.

Most times, I prefer the intellect of the 'gworo chewing northerners'(a misnomer from our southern brothers).

7 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by iamkingzlee(m): 10:24pm On Apr 22, 2016
safarigirl:
kuku kill me tongue
lol. baibey! wassup?
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by HammerTheirPapa(f): 10:27pm On Apr 22, 2016
The hausa and fulani region simply don't report their cases. They don't even allow their girls seek medical care. Male physicians are not allowed to examine females. Female physicians are scarce because they won't allow females go to school.

Core north has THE HIGHEST VVF CASES. MANY GO UNREPORTED BECAUSE TO THEM IT IS THE 'WILL OF ALLAH'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by NafeesaAA(f): 10:27pm On Apr 22, 2016
Ipob will not like this story

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by DedeNkem: 10:33pm On Apr 22, 2016
That's not the only problem Nigerian women have. The most common and ignore sickness is yeast infection. 75% of women I've met in Nigeria had it. About 90% of Nigerian women have it.

The disease makes p*ussy stink badly and you don't need to have sex with anyone to get it. Even sticking a dirty finger into your p*ussy may cause this. That's why you must make sure whatever that goes into your p*ussy is clean.

There's a good fungus in p*ussy called Candida, it is in every p*ussy. When this fungus overgrows the appropriate proportion, it creates a terrible odor. The odor is usually the first thing a man notices when having sex with a woman who has this problem.

Every woman should read about Yeast infection and know how to prevent it. And It's treatable. A healthy p*ussy shouldn't have a fishy or onion odor!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 22, 2016
Not surprised. I saw very young girls with up to 3-4 kids. My mates don born finish for Ebonyi
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 22, 2016
HammerTheirPapa:
The hausa and fulani region simply don't report their cases. They don't even allow their girls seek medical care. Male physicians are not allowed to examine females. Female physicians are scarce because they won't allow females go to school.

Core north has THE HIGHEST VVF CASES. MANY GO UNREPORTED BECAUSE TO THEM IT IS THE 'WILL OF ALLAH'

1.You have never lived in the North....so you don't know anything.And you are not a medic.

2.I am a doctor, I have lived in the North, and I have examined and even on occasion delivered Northern Muslim women. (When it comes to life..no one asks about the sex of the doctor examining..especially when your wife is bleeding from post partum hemorrhage...or has a retained placenta.).

3.In the 1970's VVF was established as a serious problem in the North (The best report on VVF was done by a Southern Prof of Obs/gynae back then.)

4.As a result...there was an aggressive educational campaign up North to deal with the problem. Doctors, nurses, even traditional birth attendants were trained. Also....a big VVF hospital was built in Sokoto...(back in the 1980'S).And there was constant education....TV programmes (growing up in the North in the 1990's...we had all sorts of TV programmes, TV dramas,etc on the issue...to the point that even non-medics knew what VVF was).

5.As a result...rates have dropped in the North.

6.Also....VVF is common in women old enough to deliver. Especially if women have a small birth canal. Likewise...an under 18 can have a large enough birth canal to deliver.(I have been present at the deliveries of three 17 year olds...from the North and South. All not complicated.).

7.Ebonyi has a problem....because for years our health planners focused on the North(where the problem was really) and forgot about the South. Bad...but that is how health planning goes.

8.The North did not get success in a day. It took 35-40 years to get to where it is. But thanks to lessons learned...we have the tools to deal with the problem in the South.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by HammerTheirPapa(f): 10:40pm On Apr 22, 2016
I can see hausa and fulanis jumping up and happy, after hiding their own cases. I grew up in the north and I know that the core north is the mosy difficult place to get reliable data during surveys due to their conservative nature.

You want to count their women and children during census Me Gida will tell you Ba shiga (Don't enter their house), but you should simply write 10 wives and 50 children.

You can never get accurate stats in the north. They even kill healthcare officers who come to immunize them. The evil that goes on there in the hausaland. Hmmmm!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by agabaI23(m): 10:41pm On Apr 22, 2016
safarigirl:
Ebonyi has the highest recorded cases. We know that many states in the North simply don't report VVF cases

Better to be in the know than to hide
Exactly my thought. When I saw this, I just remembered the federal vvf centre in Abakaliki. The figures probably was lifted from there.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Codedworld1: 10:43pm On Apr 22, 2016
They can bleep anytin shaiiiii
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by obaino860: 10:46pm On Apr 22, 2016
martineverest:
Ebonyi is now a northern state.... Ipob is now overtaking Fulani herdsmen/ boko Haram in VVF republic

shut up...dirty yoruba tin like you is also talking
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by sweetgala(m): 10:50pm On Apr 22, 2016
lanicky:
This shouldn't be so because early marriages are more common in the Northern part of Nigeria than other regions. Perhaps, it feels like they do because of more reported cases in comparison to other states.

Nah, it is more in these parts. It is stupid to act like the percentage of illiterates in these other states is any less than you'll find in the north.

Places like the deep parts of the SS, SE and even sections of the SW still have communes and villages which have little access to modern amenities, not enough schools for their kids, and underfunded health clinics which may be several KM away

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by martineverest(m): 10:52pm On Apr 22, 2016
obaino860:

shut up...dirty yoruba tin like you is also talking
ozuor, am from s/s

Odoyor!

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by mmsen: 10:55pm On Apr 22, 2016
Ebonyi is a northern state in disguise.
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Fadekebisola(f): 10:55pm On Apr 22, 2016
scholes0:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/ebonyi-tops-in-vvf-cases-usaid/134900.html
http://allafrica.com/stories/201602230271.html
i heard is so because many people from different states come to the centre for treatment...so i think is a figure for the number number of patients there irrespective of origin and shows how the disease is been eradicated
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 22, 2016
HammerTheirPapa:
I can see hausa and fulanis jumping up and happy, after hiding their own cases. I grew up in the north and I know that the core north is the mosy difficult place to get reliable data during surveys due to their conservative nature.

You want to count their women and children during census Me Gida will tell you Ba shiga (Don't enter their house), but you should simply write 10 wives and 50 children.

You can never get accurate stats in the north. They even kill healthcare officers who come to immunize them. The evil that goes on there in the hausaland. Hmmmm!

I once took part in a research project when i was a student that involved us mapping a village in the North....which included a (mini) census in the village. All the megidas allowed us into their houses.(We had a meeting on day 1 where we explained clearly what we were doing in the village...and once that was done...they were happy to allow us in).

And yes...they had lots of children. True.

As for immunization....while there was resistance to polio vaccination....such resistance is decreasing thanks to increased enlightenment (One of the few successes of the GEJ govt was the reduction of polio rates to zero up North). And there hasn't been reports of health workers being killed (except in Boko areas which is to be expected and in places like Pakistan and Afghanistan....which are not part of Nigeria).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Sadeik: 11:04pm On Apr 22, 2016
HammerTheirPapa:

I don't know what you mean by core North, I am a typical Northern boy, born and bred close to Nigeria's border with cameroon but this is the fist time I am hearing this rubbish about the North. Contrary to your silly imaginations of the North , we do have female physicians, and male physicians do examine female patients. I would like to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are not one of those people that spread lies about a place without ever being there, or those that go there but choose to see only the bad in other people not good. The North as every other region has its own problems, and we're trying our best to solve them. How about you do the same to yours and not deflect them.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Mekanus(m): 11:05pm On Apr 22, 2016
They just lifted the data from the vvf centre in Abakaliki. The centre treated mostly people from the northern part of the country during the time of governor Elechi . So USAID may have just lifted the figures of people treated there without considering their states of origin
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by HammerTheirPapa(f): 11:06pm On Apr 22, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

I once took part in a research project when i was a student that involved us mapping a village in the North....which included a (mini) census in the village. All the megidas allowed us into their houses.(We had a meeting on day 1 where we explained clearly what we were doing in the village...and once that was done...they were happy to allow us in).

And yes...they had lots of children. True.

You are a northerner, your bias is clear to the blind, even though your try (albeit unsucessfully) to garnish you bias with a cloak of objectivity. Ba shiga phenomenon is very common in the north and you know it.

Can you deny that polio immunization workers were not killed sometime ago some of your people? It was not widely reported but I was still there when it happened. Quote me not and face those who will be daft enough to believe your 'objective lies'.
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Respect55(m): 11:07pm On Apr 22, 2016
omoelesa:

Where are u from
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Respect55(m): 11:09pm On Apr 22, 2016
omoelesa:

Where are u from
U probably haven't been to the north
I served there
And there was one MDG just adjacent our Lodge
Make I no talk.....
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 22, 2016
HammerTheirPapa:

You are a northerner, your bias is clear to the blind, even though your try (albeit unsucessfully) to garnish you bias with a cloak of objectivity. Ba shiga phenomenon is very common in the north and you know it.

Can you deny that polio immunization workers were not killed sometime ago some of your people? It was not widely reported but I was still there when it happened. Quote me not and face those who will be daft enough to believe your 'objective lies'.

Actually I am a Southerner.

And I have told you the truth. While ba shiga is there....if things are explained properly...they will let you in. (Also...use of the ladies helps).

And resistance to polio vaccination is going down. And I did not deny that there have been incidents. Just not as widespread as you think.

Stereotyping is not good. And stop being upset about the Ebonyi issue...which i suspect is your real problem . Yes...the North VVF issue has gone down....but it took 40 years of hard patient work...and at least it yielded tools/strategies to deal with the Ebonyi issue.

Good evening.

8 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Nusaf: 11:11pm On Apr 22, 2016
HammerTheirPapa:

Kill health care officers? I ask; pls what do u intend to achieve with this mischief?
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Sadeik: 11:11pm On Apr 22, 2016
eyesofgod:
Na wa o!

I have come to observe one distinct difference in approach to life between those in the north and those in the south (though the south-west is different ). If you confront a northern elite with statistics showing his poor rating in a nationwide study of a partcular affliction they are not going to demand to see those of the southern states. They will rather make it a national issue to attract federal funding and possibly internationalise it for same purpose.

We (southerners) are given a tool (statistics) to enable us pressure the federal govt and relevant aid agencies for greater attention to tackle this scourge some imbeciles, here, would rather wish the tag be attached to whom it doesn't concern.

Most times, I prefer the intellect of the gworo chewing northerners
It's quite unfortunate that after what seemed like a sensible write up you had to end it with an insult to a set of people.
Sincerely, a goro chewing Northerner.

5 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Coolgent(m): 11:13pm On Apr 22, 2016
lanicky:
This shouldn't be so because early marriages are more common in the Northern part of Nigeria than other regions. Perhaps, it feels like they do because of more reported cases in comparison to other states.
My sister this is clear indication that early marriage aint cause of vvf.
Those northerners are too clever the prefer to marry off their daughters early than to let them have many sexual partners early.
Thats why i wil go there to get one virgin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Olakunle Akinboboye Becomes First Black Chair Of US Cardiovascular Disease Board / Update On The Young Man With unusual Severe Leg Deformity (photos) / Missing Man's Body Recovered From A Dam In Benue (Disturbing Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.