Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID (31365 Views)

Treat Fistula For Free / Ebonyi Tops In Vvf Cases / Photos: VVF Patients Carrying Bowls At Murtala Muhammad Hospital, Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by KevinDein: 10:04am On Apr 23, 2016
Hahahahahaha. So let's get this straight;
"The prevalence of VVF is low in Ebonyi, but the Govt there is magnanimous enough to set up a VVF clinic in the state to supposedly cater for VVF patients from the north "
How kind of the igbos grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Appareil(m): 10:12am On Apr 23, 2016
How Come in Ebonyi? Why ?
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by slytubadth(m): 10:42am On Apr 23, 2016
safarigirl:
Ebonyi has the highest recorded cases. We know that many states in the North simply don't report VVF cases

Better to be in the know than to hide
aah aah, because its ebonyi.
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by BetaThings: 11:25am On Apr 23, 2016
safarigirl:
aunty, I didn't come online to argue with anybody.

I've said what I know, if e pain you, go knack your head for wall.

And arguing is bad
But asking people to hit their head on the wall is civil!

safarigirl:
You must be a Northerner tongue
And that, my lady, is a crime based on the people you associate with

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by MrEverest(m): 12:01pm On Apr 23, 2016
Nusaf:

And under age unwanted pregnancies are not common in the southern states? As some experts have pointed out above, vvf is a result of complications during labour. Are u now comparing access to medical facilities between an accepted underage pregnant lady and the unaccepted one? Attempts are being made to cover up with the lame excuse that the report is a record of cases being treated on referrals from other states. At least states of patients are among the entries in the patients' hospital cards and this 3000 are indigenes of Ebonyi not residents or referred cases.
Under age pregnancy is very rare in the South, expecially in the SE were it is almost seen as a taboo. In the islamic North, it is common to see teenage mothers & pregnant adolecents who were married off at 13years. It is common sense bro, how can Ebonyi alone have 3000 cases out of 12000? A collosal 1/3 of total cases in Nigeria! They came from diff parts of the country!!
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Blakenails(m): 12:29pm On Apr 23, 2016
LastMumu:
I'm not surprised. During my service year there, I almost lost my life after licking the _vagina of one Abakaliki chick. sad One just have to be very careful in this life.
That Is why you are the latest mumu
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by BetaThings: 12:36pm On Apr 23, 2016
winniz:

Abokii you lie 13 year old girl in the East are all in School. While in the North lots of them at 13 are out school and are mostly Pregnant.

This one did not appear to be in school in Ebonyi before coming to Lagos

http://www.punchng.com/i-regret-ever-coming-to-lagos-11-year-old-girl-brutalised-by-aunty/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 23, 2016
MrEverest:
Under age pregnancy is very rare in the South, expecially in the SE were it is almost seen as a taboo. In the islamic North, it is common to see teenage mothers & pregnant adolecents who were married off at 13years. It is common sense bro, how can Ebonyi alone have 3000 cases out of 12000? A collosal 1/3 of total cases in Nigeria! They came from diff parts of the country!!

Actually, the North has three VVF hospitals....so all Northern cases go there. Add the fact that most Northern teaching hospitals...and there are over ten of them, can handle VVF cases.

Ebonyi cases come from the SE AND SS.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 23, 2016
Mcsammy4u:

Still SMH, asking me to identify northerners from the sample picture, if you truly understand English as you claim you should be able to read meaning into my reply.

The OP posted a sample picture and you want me to identify the northerners, yes I will if there is a complete picture of the 3000 said to be victim to the VVF, but being a dullard you don't know the sampled picture was just taken to show few less affected victims, they can't involve the northerners in the picture because they are much affected. tongue

Still SMH, asking me to identify northerners from the sample picture, if you truly understand English as you claim you should be able to read meaning into my reply.

The OP posted a sample picture and you want me to identify the northerners, yes I will if there is a complete picture of the 3000 said to be victim to the VVF, but being a dullard you don't know the sampled picture was just taken to show few less affected victims, they can't involve the northerners in the picture because they are much affected.

Ebonyi state is the center for prevention and treatment of VVF and that is why the USAID as decided to lavish a sum of 45million to equip it, when are you going to receive sense?

Still SMH

Ebonyi is not the only center.

In the North...there are three centers, and many teaching hospitals there also handle VVF cases.

The center in Ebonyi deals with SE cases mainly. No Northerners.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 23, 2016
Joe82834:
Problem is the wrong heading giving to this write up. There is a difference between Ebonyi indegenes and Ebonyi vvf centre. (who doesnt know there is a national centre for vvf there where referals are done). Problem here boils down to what I call the Nigerian-palava (both northerners and southerners are guikty of this) where we rush in to laugh over an issue from the other region without bn objrctive abt it.

Thanks, na so I see am

The North has 3 VVF centers. All Northern cases go there.
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by deliveryboy: 1:37pm On Apr 23, 2016
MrEverest:

My friend stop this bold face lies, under age teenage pregnancy is the most common in the east more than any part of the country, I did my national youth service in Abia state and I only witnessed one traditional wedding (did not witness any white wedding) and all the girls have given birth outside wedlock, I dated a girl who had given birth to three children for three different men, I had to call off the relationship when I could no longer have peace due to mockery from my fellow corpers, young girls give birth at 14 years and sometimes for men in their thirties. You people know all these but you prefer to cover it up in your usual clannish secrecy. In addition to that, even the married women straff young single guys whenever they have the chance. Lastly, matured Igbo women in their 50s and 60s are the worst, they think they still got game, they are also not left out in the sex thing. In summary, marriage rarely takes place in the east, child pregnancy is very common, lastly, marriage is not considered sacred in that region given the extent of straffing outside wedlock I saw/experience and partook.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Nusaf: 1:51pm On Apr 23, 2016
MrEverest:
First let me correct u; 3000 is 1/4 of 12000 not 1/3. Now,the report stated it clearly that 3000 are from Ebonyi state alone, very unbelievable, right? But that is just the truth. Now let me ask u, why is it that official reports of this nature that are seemingly against the north are never disputed?

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Ravenna: 1:58pm On Apr 23, 2016
Awon Obo onikokoro, Obo jatijati.
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by xperia626: 2:04pm On Apr 23, 2016
BetaThings:

So why build the VVF centre in Ebonyi with it low VVF prevalence?
Or is it about tourism? ie the money to be spent on hotels by people who will accompany the patients from other states to the facility

Why not place a facility to deal what the issues most common in Ebonyi (malaria, yellow fever, excessive partying or whatever, no insult intended) in that state and put the VVF facility in "the North"?

so, why building refinery in Kaduna when Kaduna does not av oil field??

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by xperia626: 2:09pm On Apr 23, 2016
KevinDein:
Hahahahahaha. So let's get this straight;
"The prevalence of VVF is low in Ebonyi, but the Govt there is magnanimous enough to set up a VVF clinic in the state to supposedly cater for VVF patients from the north "
How kind of the igbos grin grin

when government builds oil refinery in Kaduna state does Kaduna state in North produces oil??
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by MrEverest(m): 2:13pm On Apr 23, 2016
Nusaf:

First let me correct u; 3000 is 1/4 of 12000 not 1/3. Now,the report stated it clearly that 3000 are from Ebonyi state alone, very unbelievable, right? But that is just the truth. Now let me ask u, why is it that official reports of this nature that are seemingly against the north are never disputed?
You are not making sense, majority of those at the VVF centre Abakiliki are from other states in Nigeria. Its a globaly known fact that the North ranks among the worst in the world in terms of health & developmental index, from illiteracy, diseases, maternal mortality, under 5 mortality, VVF, paedophilia, poverty etc. The North will remain impoverished even in the next hundred years!
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by obaino860: 2:38pm On Apr 23, 2016
martineverest:
ozuor, am from s/s

Odoyor!

deceiving yourself,,,you are not ashamed
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by obaino860: 2:38pm On Apr 23, 2016
martineverest:
ozuor, am from s/s

Odoyor!

deceiving yourself,,,you are not ashamed
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by lanicky(f): 2:53pm On Apr 23, 2016
mukhcech:

The North will not kill you o. Who told you it is early marriage that causes VVF-Stella Damascus abi?

So nah late marriage dey cure am abi. Madam goto school, read, learn, grow up, and get marrried on time.

I have nothing against the North. Take it or leave it, there is a correlation and I can back it up.
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by lanicky(f): 2:54pm On Apr 23, 2016
carinmom:

It doesn't absolutely have to be about early marriage which we all agree is more common in the north. But then its all about being sexually active and becoming pregnant at a tender age which we also agree that its more common in the south, particularly SE where baby factories are rampant.

I like your reply and I wish others would address matters this way
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Nusaf: 3:04pm On Apr 23, 2016
MrEverest:
You are not making sense, majority of those at the VVF centre Abakiliki are from other states in Nigeria. Its a globaly known fact that the North ranks among the worst in the world in terms of health & developmental index, from illiteracy, diseases, maternal mortality, under 5 mortality, VVF, paedophilia, poverty etc. The North will remain impoverished even in the next hundred years!
With ur high literacy, u still scored zero in pri sch arithmetic (1/3 of 12000). 'globally known fact'. Maybe the official report was cooked in Kano state. Also, since the centre is of more benefit to the north, the yet to be answered question is; why was it established there with Ebonyi tax payers money where it is useless? This is just common sense. It is just like establishing an Almjiri School in Imo state, of what use is it to the state indigenes? As someone has pointed out above, those centres exist in the north and even if some northerners attend the one in Ebonyi state, the number may be very insignificant. This is one of the several consequences of early prostitution and more are still coming up. Keep living in denial.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by truly: 3:08pm On Apr 23, 2016
xperia626:

so, why building refinery in Kaduna when Kaduna does not av oil field??

You should withdraw posts like this
A refinery (a factory) is different from an hospital (a service facility)
A refinery needs to consider raw material (that is why cement factories are located to limestone deposits) and also market
A balance must be struck here
A service facility eg schools, hospital, airports etc have little raw material and consider mainly market (students, patients, passengers etc)

There are three refineries in the South - based on nearness to source of raw material (crude oil)
And only one in Kaduna - not close to source of raw material, but near to the market for refined oil in the North

So on what basis are we going to have the VVF centre in Ebonyi that will be servicing people from the North
No land to build an hospital or what?

It does not make sense

BTW - why are negative stories about the North never disputed and the South continues to contest such reports
Is USAID objective when reporting negatives about the North and biased when reporting negatives about the South?

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Mcsammy4u(m): 3:44pm On Apr 23, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Ebonyi is not the only center.

In the North...there are three centers, and many teaching hospitals there also handle VVF cases.

The center in Ebonyi deals with SE cases mainly. No Northerners.

So there are 3 centers in the north and just one in the whole of SE and you guys are still questioning why 3000 victims are in Ebonyi, you just cleared the whole issue, thanks, so Ebonyi is harbouring the whole SE victim including all northerners living around SE, SW around the region is not excluded.

When there is any bomb blast in Borno state, the affected victims are not specified by govt whether they are northerners or westerners, what we all hear is generalizing facts about the affected.

check my signature. I love everybody
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by AnanseK(m): 3:50pm On Apr 23, 2016
HammerTheirPapa:

Playing the baby factory card will not make the truth disappear. Hausaland has the highest incidence of every disease known to nigeria. They just don't report it due to their conservative nature.
If Baby factory problem had been in hausaland, it will still be a secret for years.

It is easterners who are fighting the baby factory problems. How many northerners like you are fighting against child marriage and pedophilia in the north?

Ar you from Ebonyi? I'm sure you don't have VVF but your denial with not help the victims who are your kith and kin. USAID have no reason to say anything false about Ebonyi, at present they have the highest prevalence of VVF in Nigeri, deal with that.
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Danfuster(m): 4:09pm On Apr 23, 2016
y'all squirters peeing the bed and calling it cum... Bet y'all know now you got a case of VVF. Una case no be ordinary
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by kaybee09(m): 4:34pm On Apr 23, 2016
lanicky:
This shouldn't be so because early marriages are more common in the Northern part of Nigeria than other regions. Perhaps, it feels like they do because of more reported cases in comparison to other states.
go swallow poison due to ur hatred.. Early marriages doesn't necessary leads to VVF.
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by MrEverest(m): 4:36pm On Apr 23, 2016
Nusaf:

With ur high literacy, u still scored zero in pri sch arithmetic (1/3 of 12000). 'globally known fact'. Maybe the official report was cooked in Kano state. Also, since the centre is of more benefit to the north, the yet to be answered question is; why was it established there with Ebonyi tax payers money where it is useless? This is just common sense. It is just like establishing an Almjiri School in Imo state, of what use is it to the state indigenes? As someone has pointed out above, those centres exist in the north and even if some northerners attend the one in Ebonyi state, the number may be very insignificant. This is one of the several consequences of early prostitution and more are still coming up. Keep living in denial.
You are the one living in denial just like the ostrich! If the North should be a country on its own, it would be a failed country! Your so called leaders have mortgaged your present & future on the alter of politics. North is a lost case!!
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by kaybee09(m): 4:43pm On Apr 23, 2016
HammerTheirPapa:
The hausa and fulani region simply don't report their cases. They don't even allow their girls seek medical care. Male physicians are not allowed to examine females. Female physicians are scarce because they won't allow females go to school.

Core north has THE HIGHEST VVF CASES. MANY GO UNREPORTED BECAUSE TO THEM IT IS THE 'WILL OF ALLAH'
why are you angry about this report?
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by salam1(m): 5:15pm On Apr 23, 2016
lanicky:
This shouldn't be so because early marriages are more common in the Northern part of Nigeria than other regions. Perhaps, it feels like they do because of more reported cases in comparison to other states.
I was expecting to c w comment, so anything bad has to kom from d north beta face reality and stop deceiving urself
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Fadekebisola(f): 5:27pm On Apr 23, 2016
BetaThings:

So VVF is a problem that afflicts people mostly from the North. Right?
and an elected governor decided to build a VVF centre in Ebonyi State
So that he can tell the people who elected him that
"I used your money to solve a problem that does not exist in your state and left yours unsolved"

I get it
there are 3 fistula centres in the whole country built by the federal government...that of Ebonyi is also owned by the federal govt and not state and covers the whole of southern Nigeria
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 23, 2016
LastMumu:
I'm not surprised. During my service year there, I almost lost my life after licking the _vagina of one Abakaliki chick. sad One just have to be very careful in this life.
wereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 23, 2016
kaybee09:
go swallow poison due to ur hatred.. Early marriages doesn't necessary leads to VVF.
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Olakunle Akinboboye Becomes First Black Chair Of US Cardiovascular Disease Board / Update On The Young Man With unusual Severe Leg Deformity (photos) / Missing Man's Body Recovered From A Dam In Benue (Disturbing Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.