Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun (47741 Views)

Young Nigerian Airforce Officer Dies In Accident (Photos) / Nigerian Cadet Officer Dies Close To His Passing Out As Airforce Officer(photos) / Throwback Photo Of Rabiu Kwankwaso With His Gun During Obasanjo's Tenure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Maxxy010(m): 8:55am On Feb 24, 2016
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by jonex30(m): 8:55am On Feb 24, 2016
For those asking if military men will make heaven. the answer is yes. reason is that they are defending their country and no sin in that.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by seunaj: 8:58am On Feb 24, 2016
LastMumu:
Whether he reads the Bible or not, whether prays to whatever deity he worships or not, it has no relevance to his survival as a soldier.
The rifle he is holding on his other hand, luck, instinct and teamwork would be his saving grace in battle.
Funny enough, you believe in luck but not prayer? I will say to you that wot u call love is called GRACE in the spiritual world. God's Riches At Christ's Expense
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Freshman54(m): 8:59am On Feb 24, 2016
Chai !!!!!!!!! double protection..so help him God....
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by kennethchidi(m): 8:59am On Feb 24, 2016
Good.
But d gun am seeing is kinda old for an air force soldier to carry. Airforce suppose dey use more sophisticated guns Dan Ds.
Anyway,na d money dem dasuki Don share amongst demselves.
God help us,and protect our heroes in the armed forces.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by blessed4nations(m): 9:01am On Feb 24, 2016
No matter the nature of your work still have time to practice your religion and be dedicated. Ephesians verse 12.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by LooseCanon(m): 9:01am On Feb 24, 2016
powerfulsettingz:
the question here is can any armed personnel enter the kingdom of God?
yes sir. . .soldiers came to JESUS on how to be saved and he didnt tell dem to quit their job but nt to take bribes.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by waveskaaya(m): 9:03am On Feb 24, 2016
he is not am officer.he is a corporal
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 24, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
I have a soft spot for army officials_ may God protect him, but NPF...hmmm.
Once I see Nigerian Police officer ,I get angry immediately. grin

Truckpusher my love, I see you.
dem never slap u b4 abi

Wait till den... Na concrete spot made of cement, sand & water u go get 4 dem
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 24, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

Where is Mr Kachisbarbie? cheesy
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by dstar01(m): 9:16am On Feb 24, 2016
eleojo23:

I believe that as long as they are doing their job, they will go to heaven. They only kill when confronted. It is called defence. For instance, if you are attacked by someone and you have the power to defend yourself, will you just stand and allow the person kill you? That is the scenario soldiers/armed forces face in their work. They kill when necessary (this is different from murder.)

It becomes murder when they abuse their power and kill for no just cause. They will have to answer for that.

True...so many examples in the bible of men of God who were also warriors. As long as you are called into the service of fighting to defend your country against evil men...you are not committing any sin
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by siraj1402(m): 9:17am On Feb 24, 2016
I imagin him been a Muslim and reading Qur'an like that, what will comments be?
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by EtimStephen: 9:17am On Feb 24, 2016
The Lord is your Shield and refuge, No bullet shall come near you.

1 Like

Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Progressive01(m): 9:18am On Feb 24, 2016
eleojo23:

I believe that as long as they are doing their job, they will go to heaven. They only kill when confronted. It is called defence. For instance, if you are attacked by someone and you have the power to defend yourself, will you just stand and allow the person kill you? That is the scenario soldiers/armed forces face in their work. They kill when necessary (this is different from murder.)

It becomes murder when they abuse their power and kill for no just cause. They will have to answer for that.
I have also been asking that question to which you gave this reply. And frankly, your reply doesn't cut it for me. Here's why.

The Bible expressly says God commanded that "thou shalt NOT KILL". It didn't say "thou shalt not kill except..." So, here you are giving a precondition for justified killing. Is that coming from you or did God give those conditions
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Lilimax(f): 9:23am On Feb 24, 2016
siraj1402:
I imagin him been a Muslim and reading Qur'an like that, what will comments be?
Your guess is good as mine smiley
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Lilimax(f): 9:23am On Feb 24, 2016
EtimStephen:
The Lord is your Shield and refuge, No bullet shall come near you.
Amen.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Oche211(m): 9:24am On Feb 24, 2016
linearity:

A great paraphrased contrapositive to that is: "Faith without work is dead...what does it profit my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works?"
u re right. Here, d faith comes 4rm the word of God nd The work comes 4rm that Gun.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by andyanders: 9:32am On Feb 24, 2016
CecyAdrian:
Touching,

Bible on one hand, gun on the other, whichever way, the battle must be won

Very touching indeed.I am deeply moved by his words and this has given me another view of what this life is all about.

God, help me to overcome sin IJN, Amen.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Tonason: 9:35am On Feb 24, 2016
God will surely give you victory. God bless you.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by tosyne2much(m): 9:40am On Feb 24, 2016
vfactor:

Good question! With all the blood shed
Bro, do you know that there were soldiers in the Bible who fought for justice?

Even though the Bible says that thou shall not kill, there are exceptions to every laid down religious law.. When someone points a gun at you, won't you attempt to manoeuvre your way out even if killing the person is the only way to survive, or would rather you let that person kill you with the notion that you don't want to shed blood? NO I guess

The same exception applies to soldiers. In as much as they kill with the intention of ensuring justice, it doesn't limit their chances of making heaven, only when they kill unjustly that they it's called MURDER
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by sold(m): 9:41am On Feb 24, 2016
vfactor:

Good question! With all the blood shed
How about David and Goliath, didn't he killed Goliath the Palestinian, by standing for HIS country Isreal, abi una no no how many men David kill with im sword as King.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 24, 2016
powerfulsettingz:

That is a very complex question.

I even owned a book once that attempted to answer the question. It was written by four authors. Two were for the idea of Christians in the armed forces, two were against.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by omogidi234(m): 9:42am On Feb 24, 2016
CecyAdrian:
Touching,

Bible on one hand, gun on the other, whichever way, the battle must be won

I like this.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by simi4me(m): 9:46am On Feb 24, 2016
and this is news how?
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 24, 2016
powerfulsettingz:

Yes
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Teddeebear: 9:52am On Feb 24, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

how about navy, because …
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:54am On Feb 24, 2016
Progressive01:
I have also been asking that question to which you gave this reply. And frankly, your reply doesn't cut it for me. Here's why.

The Bible expressly says God commanded that "thou shalt NOT KILL". It didn't say "thou shalt not kill except..." So, here you are giving a precondition for justified killing. Is that coming from you or did God give those conditions

Dude, lemme help you stop confusing yourself.
Elijah called out bears from the woods to maul some people who were jeering at him, buh he still went up to heaven alive!
David was a soldier buh he was God's favourite.

Hope you're no longer confused
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by tico1212(m): 9:55am On Feb 24, 2016
Figthing the battle both spiritually and physically. ... na so pastor soldier
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Dbeliever(m): 9:57am On Feb 24, 2016
THE SCRIPTURE SAYS THAT IF GOD DOES NOT SECURE A PLACE, THE SECURITY GUARD IS DOING A NONSENSICAL JOB. MR. OGELE WILL SUCCEED.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Progressive01(m): 9:58am On Feb 24, 2016
PerfectlyPerfect:

Dude, lemme help you stop confusing yourself.
Elijah called out bears from the woods to maul some people who were jeering at him, buh he still went up to heaven alive!
David was a soldier buh he was God's favourite.

Hope you're no longer confused
Sorry, I no dey read Bible much oo, but did those happen before or after the commandments?? And still on the question I asked earlier- who gave the conditions for justified killings?? You or God??
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by ColtPython(m): 9:58am On Feb 24, 2016
Not a new thing...

Even US soldiers organize praise and worship sessions grin
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by eleojo23: 10:00am On Feb 24, 2016
Progressive01:

Consider David in Scripture. He fought many wars and God was always with him in those wars.
But when he ordered for the death of Uriah the Hittite, it was an abuse of his power as commander-in-chief and he had to pay for it. Even though he did not kill Uriah with his hands, he gave the order that led to his death (that was murder) and God was displeased with him and he was punished.
Also, Moses, Joshua, Gideon etc led the Israelites to war and God was with them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Massive Shake Up In The Nigerian Army, 147 Officers Affected / Buhari's Children, Yusuf, Halima, Zahra & Hubby At Amosun's Daughter's Wedding / Have You Collected Your NIMC Card?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.