Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,251 members, 7,829,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun (47761 Views)

Young Nigerian Airforce Officer Dies In Accident (Photos) / Nigerian Cadet Officer Dies Close To His Passing Out As Airforce Officer(photos) / Throwback Photo Of Rabiu Kwankwaso With His Gun During Obasanjo's Tenure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Kirigidi(m): 11:55am On Feb 24, 2016
powerfulsettingz:
the question here is can any armed personnel enter the kingdom of God?
Luke 3:14 says- Then some SOLDIERS asked John d Baptist (as he was preaching repentance), "And what shuld we do?" John d Baptist replied, "Don't extort money and don't accuse people falsely. B content wit your pay."
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Elose11(m): 11:56am On Feb 24, 2016
The battle is the Lord's!
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by alaskido(m): 11:59am On Feb 24, 2016
Did I hear someone say that we have people like COPORAL FREEMAN OGELE in the "NIGERIAN POLICE" shocked cheesy
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 24, 2016
tosyne2much:
Bro, do you know that there were soldiers in the Bible who fought for justice?

Even though the Bible says that thou shall not kill, there are exceptions to every laid down religious law.. When someone points a gun at you, won't you attempt to manoeuvre your way out even if killing the person is the only way to survive, or would rather you let that person kill you with the notion that you don't want to shed blood? NO I guess

The same exception applies to soldiers. In as much as the kill with the intention to ensure justice, it doesn't limit their chances of making heaven, only when they kill unjustly that they commit murder

Good comparison. However I am tempted to refer to Jesus statement to Peter, when Peter felt the need to protect himself and his master.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by NgwalandAbia(m): 12:36pm On Feb 24, 2016
CecyAdrian:
Touching,

Bible on one hand, gun on the other, whichever way, the battle must be won

My Gun and my Bible,that's my believe.

1 Like

Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by eleojo23: 12:40pm On Feb 24, 2016
Luckylife:
hmmmm this your analysis make sense , so can you answer this situation. (1) if in self defence he kill the person that may or may not kill him .or (2) he allow the person to try if he may or may not kill him but if he finally kill him, which of the two situation will enable him to be accepted in heaven ? Without considering other factors.
grin grin
Which kin question be this?
My friend, I swear, if you are given one opportunity to set JAMB questions, the students will fail massively that year. grin

This question of yours cannot be answered in theory. It needs practicals and that would involve taking a trip to heaven to ask God himself for the answer. grin
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by kingsfield(m): 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Yes na!. When the soft way does not work, the hard way will.
Of a truth u re 101% ryt.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by mizthorlu(f): 1:03pm On Feb 24, 2016
I can see his christain women mirror... may god bless and keep him....
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by mizthorlu(f): 1:04pm On Feb 24, 2016
I can see his christain women mirror... may God bless and keep him....
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by BeauHomme: 1:05pm On Feb 24, 2016
powerfulsettingz:

If used in the line of duty, I think Yes.
Read John 18:1-11, with emphasis on vs 10 & 11. Even in the time of Jesus, some of His disciples carried arms. When Jesus was betrayed by Judas, Simon Peter used HIS OWN sword to smite the High Priest's servant, cutting off the guy's right ear in the process. What was Jesus' response to Peter? He asked Peter to put the sword back in its sheath. He didn't condemn him for carrying one, neither did he instruct Peter never to carry it again.

So...did Peter miss the kingdom of God?grin

Besides, swords were not conceiled weapons. The sheaths were visibly strapped across the waist or shoulders, meaning Jesus knew all along that Peter was carrying one, but allowed it.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by FODA(m): 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2016
Life is spiritual,arise oh lord let our enemies be scatter.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by OrthoDude: 1:18pm On Feb 24, 2016
About the question whether a soldier who executes an enemy in the line of duty can go to heaven, consider this:

In Luke 3:14 the Bible states, "Likewise the soldiers asked him, saying, “And what shall we do?”
So he said to them, “Do not intimidate anyone or accuse falsely, and be content with your wages."

If Jesus was against the Soldier killing his fellow man in defence of his country from threats, foreign and domestic, he would have responded to the soldiers' question by saying "LEAVE THE MILITARY". Don't you think so?
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by CecyAdrian(f): 1:46pm On Feb 24, 2016
NgwalandAbia:

My Gun and my Bible,that's my believe.

That's the right way.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by CecyAdrian(f): 1:50pm On Feb 24, 2016
kingsfield:

Of a truth u re 101% ryt.

That's why Obsanjo blamed the Jonathan for allowing Boko Haram gain the upper hand. According to him, Jonathan should have applied the "Carrot and Stick" strategy which though is not the same way as "gun and Bible" but close enough.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Eluwilussit(m): 3:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
CecyAdrian:
Touching,

Bible on one hand, gun on the other, whichever way, the battle must be won

So true, sister. We must overcome, by His blood or by their blood. Ijn. amen
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by salvation77177: 3:18pm On Feb 24, 2016
With God on your side, you will surely make it.Continue with Him and your life will never experience dryness. God bless you.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Sunofgod(m): 3:38pm On Feb 24, 2016
thou shall not kill......?
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by nortcentrallord(m): 4:06pm On Feb 24, 2016
JumiR:
By JUMI RHODES

Freeman Ogele is an officer with the Nigerian Air Force. In January 2016, the Bayelsa-born officer was honoured with the General Service Medal. A devout Christian, Freeman Ogele is pictured below fully-dressed in his military regalia, complemented with his Bible. According to him,"I am NOT scared to confront the bullet, Yes sir. But I am very SCARED of living a SINFUL LIFE, my people. With a bullet worn , you can STILL make HEAVEN, but with a stain of SIN you will end in HELL!!! That is why , I will study, scratch, hunt, dig deep in to The WORD, that Contains AUTHORITY to overcome sexual lust , drunkenness, lies, bitterness, evil thought, greed and ALL forms of abominable characters. So help me GOD, Amen."

http://dawntodusknews.com/nigerian-air-force-officer-pictured-reading-his-bible-armed-with-his-gun/

Prepared for both spiritual and physical warfare
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by kingsfield(m): 4:13pm On Feb 24, 2016
CecyAdrian:

That's why Obsanjo blamed the Jonathan for allowing Boko Haram gain the upper hand. According to him, Jonathan should have applied the "Carrot and Stick" strategy which though is not the same way as "gun and Bible" but close enough.
Dats cos he's so gentle a president.
Nyc analysis there.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by CecyAdrian(f): 4:17pm On Feb 24, 2016
Eluwilussit:

So true, sister. We must overcome, by His blood or by their blood. Ijn. amen

Amen!!!
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by CecyAdrian(f): 4:23pm On Feb 24, 2016
kingsfield:

Dats cos he's so gentle a president.
Nyc analysis there.

Thanks. But gentleness shouldn't be a publicly known trait of a President, especially for a country like ours.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Blackops(m): 4:27pm On Feb 24, 2016
I like the guy e dey use both spiritual and physical weapon. Wagbayi
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by kingsfield(m): 5:01pm On Feb 24, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Thanks. But gentleness shouldn't be a publicly known trait of a President, especially for a country like ours.
Dats a lesson we all hv learnt.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by CecyAdrian(f): 5:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
kingsfield:

Dats a lesson we all hv learnt.

Very well learnt.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by egeoffery: 6:50pm On Feb 24, 2016
My Yala brother.. Great Mary Knolla.. And a dedicated christain. Go will surely secure you.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by gaddafe(m): 8:38pm On Feb 24, 2016
powerfulsettingz:
And the answer is YES. Or do you think David went to hell
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by sam90s(m): 11:51pm On Feb 24, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

im dey work? Why you dey find am? angry

This one you capitalize the gun?
Do you mean AMUnition or____? Please enlighten me,it would aid my answer.

I mean Device, Tools, Farm/Stone/Business in Yoruba................I think you get it wink,
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 25, 2016
This guy do smoke plenty igbo well well, see him lips
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Hawlahscho(m): 9:15am On Feb 28, 2016
eleojo23:

I believe that as long as they are doing their job, they will go to heaven. They only kill when confronted. It is called defence. For instance, if you are attacked by someone and you have the power to defend yourself, will you just stand and allow the person kill you? That is the scenario soldiers/armed forces face in their work. They kill when necessary (this is different from murder.)

It becomes murder when they abuse their power and kill for no just cause. They will have to answer for that.

That's why I say "EVERYTHING IS LEGAL UNTIL YOU ABUSE IT"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates / Bishop Oyedepo At His Polling Unit (Photo) / Dino Melaye Sings, Dances & Mocks His Haters After ABU VC Confirmed He Graduated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.