Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,235 members, 7,836,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun (47771 Views)

Young Nigerian Airforce Officer Dies In Accident (Photos) / Nigerian Cadet Officer Dies Close To His Passing Out As Airforce Officer(photos) / Throwback Photo Of Rabiu Kwankwaso With His Gun During Obasanjo's Tenure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by kiddkash(m): 10:01am On Feb 24, 2016
CecyAdrian:
Touching,

Bible on one hand, gun on the other, whichever way, the battle must be won
when they meet boko haram they will preach to them
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Nobody: 10:02am On Feb 24, 2016
JumiR:
By JUMI RHODES

Freeman Ogele is an officer with the Nigerian Air Force. In January 2016, the Bayelsa-born officer was honoured with the General Service Medal. A devout Christian, Freeman Ogele is pictured below fully-dressed in his military regalia, complemented with his Bible. According to him,"I am NOT scared to confront the bullet, Yes sir. But I am very SCARED of living a SINFUL LIFE, my people. With a bullet worn , you can STILL make HEAVEN, but with a stain of SIN you will end in HELL!!! That is why , I will study, scratch, hunt, dig deep in to The WORD, that Contains AUTHORITY to overcome sexual lust , drunkenness, lies, bitterness, evil thought, greed and ALL forms of abominable characters. So help me GOD, Amen."

http://dawntodusknews.com/nigerian-air-force-officer-pictured-reading-his-bible-armed-with-his-gun/
Amen. We shall all make it by His grace as we continue in sincerity
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by sam90s(m): 10:05am On Feb 24, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
I have a soft spot for army officials_ may God protect him, but NPF...hmmm.
Once I see Nigerian Police officer ,I get angry immediately. grin

Truckpusher my love, I see you.

Is it true women appreciate men carrying big GUNS? cheesy
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by cosmicrayboi(m): 10:06am On Feb 24, 2016
see as dem tyr ur gun with solo tape

the kind gun tompolo and em men dey use, na dat kind gun dem carry act Death race..

naija military still dey behind.. while the bad guys are getting all the good tools..
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Luckylife(m): 10:09am On Feb 24, 2016
eleojo23:

I believe that as long as they are doing their job, they will go to heaven. They only kill when confronted. It is called defence. For instance, if you are attacked by someone and you have the power to defend yourself, will you just stand and allow the person kill you? That is the scenario soldiers/armed forces face in their work. They kill when necessary (this is different from murder.)

It becomes murder when they abuse their power and kill for no just cause. They will have to answer for that.
hmmmm this your analysis make sense , so can you answer this situation. (1) if in self defence he kill the person that may or may not kill him .or (2) he allow the person to try if he may or may not kill him but if he finally kill him, which of the two situation will enable him to be accepted in heaven ? Without considering other factors.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Dindondin(m): 10:14am On Feb 24, 2016
powerfulsettingz:
the question here is can any armed personnel enter the kingdom of God?
as long as an armed personnel kills for a good reason.
Law enforcers kills criminals.
Criminals are sinners.
But criminals kills because they want to get what doesn't belong to them or because of revenge, hatred.
I hope you get the meaning deeply
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by orisa37: 10:20am On Feb 24, 2016
God's ADC.

1 Like

Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by fotadmowmend(m): 10:21am On Feb 24, 2016
winning the war spiritually and physically
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by kingsfield(m): 10:26am On Feb 24, 2016
CecyAdrian:
Touching,

Bible on one hand, gun on the other, whichever way, the battle must be won
Ur comment z also touching.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 24, 2016
CFCman:

Where is Mr Kachisbarbie? cheesy
im dey work? Why you dey find am? angry

sam90s:

Is it true women appreciate men carrying big GUNS? cheesy
This one you capitalize the gun?
Do you mean AMUnition or____? Please enlighten me,it would aid my answer.

1 Like

Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by epmmiks: 10:33am On Feb 24, 2016
Whether he reads the Bible or not, whether prays to whatever deity he worships or not, it has no relevance to his survival as a soldier.
The rifle he is holding on his other hand, luck, instinct and teamwork would be

U MUST BE BORN AGAIN
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by omashadow: 10:35am On Feb 24, 2016
God is with you
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:40am On Feb 24, 2016
Progressive01:
Sorry, I no dey read Bible much oo, but did those happen before or after the commandments?? And still on the question I asked earlier- who gave the conditions for justified killings?? You or God??

They all happened after the commandments..

Not me. The conditions were given in the Bible. I'm not a Bible scholar otherwise i woulda given you a verse.

There's a difference between killing in war or maybe self-defence and murder.
The Bible is explicitly against murder.
God supported the Israelites during times of war. That should give you a clue as to whether one can kill during war or not.
Plus there's sumfin in the military called rules of engagement. One of the rules is not to kill an unarmed person
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by PastorOluT(m): 10:43am On Feb 24, 2016
powerfulsettingz:

Hmm, this is one of the most selfless service anyone can render when done in truth. They are not just doing for themselves but the protection and stability of the country, even laying down their lives in the line of duty. Heaven is so sure!
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by birmingham04: 10:44am On Feb 24, 2016
Clarinett:
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth.
His only God knows who will inherit the kingdom of God. And we can only inherit the kingdom of God by his grace.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by CecyAdrian(f): 10:45am On Feb 24, 2016
andyanders:

Very touching indeed.I am deeply moved by his words and this has given me another view of what this life is all about.

God, help me to overcome sin IJN, Amen.

Amen.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 24, 2016
He is a devoted Deeper Life member.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by CecyAdrian(f): 10:46am On Feb 24, 2016
kiddkash:

when they meet boko haram they will preach to them

Yes, and when the preaching doesn't work, the gun will work. That's the drill
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by CecyAdrian(f): 10:46am On Feb 24, 2016
kingsfield:

Ur comment z also touching.

Lol, how?
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by MistadeRegal(m): 10:49am On Feb 24, 2016
Trust in GOD soldier. HE protects those who believe on HIM in the battle field as HE protects king David. Follow all right rules of engagement.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 24, 2016
powerfulsettingz:

Luke 3:14 answers your question "Soldiers also asked him, “And we, what shall we do?” And he said to them, “Do not extort money from anyone by threats or by false accusation, and be content with your wages.” This was all John required as evidence of repentance. There was no order to change their profession.

In the Book of Acts 10 and 11 we see the Centurion and his household coming to faith and receiving the Holy Spirit as they were with not a word about them changing their profession.

Finally Romans 13:4 states the status of men of arms and men of authority "For the one in authority is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God's servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer"

Trust that this serves.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by kingsfield(m): 10:50am On Feb 24, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Lol, how?
Whichever way d battle must b won. Dats how
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by bayinq25(m): 10:55am On Feb 24, 2016
powerfulsettingz:
Then David would be in hell by now
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by cckris: 10:58am On Feb 24, 2016
Oche211:
Ultimate protection comes fro God.
Except the Lord watch over the city, the watchmem watch in vain.
[b]
[/b]Romans 13:1-6

This is why people pay tax.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by luggy(m): 10:59am On Feb 24, 2016
GOD bless u OGENE
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Nobody: 11:18am On Feb 24, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

im dey work? Why you dey find am? angry

This one you capitalize the gun?
Do you mean AMUnition or____? Please enlighten me,it would aid my answer.
You go fear pun nau. grin grin
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by cckris: 11:29am On Feb 24, 2016
powerfulsettingz:
Romans 13:4
Legitimate OFFICERS of Govt are what? MINISTERS OF GOD to do good.
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by CecyAdrian(f): 11:38am On Feb 24, 2016
kingsfield:

Whichever way d battle must b won.
Dats how

Yes na!. When the soft way does not work, the hard way will.

1 Like

Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Aremu01(m): 11:45am On Feb 24, 2016
May you not die in battle in Jesus Name
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by fayose4real(m): 11:51am On Feb 24, 2016
powerfulsettingz:
King David & many others in d holy bible were soldier & that doesnt affect his relationship with God, do u knw hw many pple David killed
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by sweetguy10(m): 11:52am On Feb 24, 2016
....But how did you all know that David made heaven ? and Elijah too ?
Re: AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 24, 2016
sold:

How about David and Goliath, didn't he killed Goliath the Palestinian, by standing for HIS country Isreal, abi una no no how many men David kill with im sword as King.

U know Wetin God tell am after him kill those people finish?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman / Patience Jonathan Visits Ateke Tom (Photos) / When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.