Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind (29932 Views)

[superstition] The Making Of Smart Morons / Poor But Silly [spirituality, Bane Of The Poor] / Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by Setaje(f): 9:44pm On Feb 25, 2016
sukkot:
shocked grin grin wink wagwan Setaje. long time no hear

Am coo. Am always here. Just don't feel like commenting as I used to. But I couldn't resist today. I had to concur. wink
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by sukkot: 9:46pm On Feb 25, 2016
taurus25:

bro sometimes i read your posts and wonder if there might be a chance that your actually joking? are you for real?
the real question is are you ready to be untangled from the matrix ? cuz believe it or not we live in a matrix that was concocted after the european rennaisance. the purpose of the matrix is to draw you away from God and to make you feel like humans are insignificant in the whole scheme of things. when you feel insignificant then you believe God does not exist and that this is all evolution and big bang. and then comes debauchery and hedonism and that has been the purpose of this concocted matrix and it has worked. and whats the purpose of all this ? satan is tryna take as many people as possible to hell with him and you can only do that by re-creating the matrix to where people see satan as God. and it has worked. but you will all wake up very soon and i hope it is not too late for many of you. i hope you will not end up wailing and gnashing your teeth in the outer darkness when the veil is removed wink

SATAN WAS LET LOOSE FOR A LIL SEASON TO DECEIVE THE NATIONS
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by sukkot: 9:48pm On Feb 25, 2016
Setaje:

Am coo. Am always here. Just don't feel like commenting as I used to. But I couldn't resist today. I had to concur. wink
hehe yeah wish i can be like that. just read and observe. but i am not built like that. wink

1 Like

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by omonnakoda: 9:48pm On Feb 25, 2016
sukkot:
the real question is are you ready to be untangled from the matrix ? cuz believe it or not we live in a matrix that was concocted after the european rennaisance. the purpose of the matrix is to draw you away from God and to make you feel like humans are insignificant in the whole scheme of things. when you feel insignificant then you believe God does not exist and that this is all evolution and big bang. and then comes debauchery and hedonism and that has been the purpose of this concocted matrix and it has worked. and whats the purpose of all this ? satan is tryna take as many people as possible to hell with him and you can only do that by re-creating the matrix to where people see satan as God. and it has worked. but you will all wake up very soon and i hope it is not too late for many of you. i hope you will not end up wailing and gnashing your teeth in the outer darkness when the veil is removed wink
Do you have any evidence for all of this?
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by haryomikun(m): 9:48pm On Feb 25, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Chei ... I once asked that question and had to seek answers . You asked yours and left your faith . Its speaks volume of the kind of person you are . SMH

i didnt find any answers and had to leave my faith. Or did you find answers so you can explain to me ni? that wasnt the only question though. i have so many more questions i posed here

Help Cure An Irreligious Man's Belief

http://www.themchub.com/2016/02/help-cure-irreligious-mans-belief.html

Instead of shaking your head for me, save the pity for yourself sir.

A person who is not ignorant and loves to wallow in ignorance has a problem that must be checked
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
omonnakoda:
[

YOU would have the ignorant believe that scientist have claimed that : the earth is UNIQUE in its ability to sustain LIFE. That has been your position. Do you wish to withdraw this or provide a quote where they said that.Stop wriggling. You are a dishonest individual

You claim to be a computer Scientist and cannot evaluate or critique a computer model of guesses trying to pass it of as "NEW RESEARCH"

you are a fraud and a charlatan

lol ... what's your p this guy ? I never said I supported the research . I asked an atheist a question with reference to the new research . That's all and you have been ranting raucously all day .

I have discussed extraterrestrial life with Johnydon22 before and I've always said that extraterrestrial life is a demonstration of God's power
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by sukkot: 9:52pm On Feb 25, 2016
omonnakoda:
Do you have any evidence for all of this?
too many evidence but only some things can be said on a faceless forum.

rev 20 vs 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth,
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:53pm On Feb 25, 2016
Setaje:

100% correct about Sukkot, You can't be bored wiv him as a lover too grin

clears throat .. turns away and laughs sheepishly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by taurus25(m): 9:54pm On Feb 25, 2016
sukkot:

SATAN WAS LET LOOSE FOR A LIL SEASON TO DECEIVE THE NATIONS
hmmcheesy......are you christain?
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by omonnakoda: 9:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
sukkot:
too many evidence but only some things can be said on a faceless forum.

rev 20 vs 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth,
So why make the claim if you cannot provide evidence.?

Who wrote this rev20vs 8 that you quote .Do YOU know the ORIGIN or source?
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
haryomikun:

i didnt find any answers and had to leave my faith. Or did you find answers so you can explain to me ni? that wasnt the only question though. i have so many more questions i posed here

Instead of shaking your head for me, save the pity for yourself sir.

A person who is not ignorant and loves to wallow in ignorance has a problem that must be checked

A crafty move for me to check out your website ?
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by sukkot: 9:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
taurus25:

hmmcheesy......are you christain?
yup. not a religious church going one. a spiritual one wink
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by taurus25(m): 9:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
sukkot:
yup. not a religious church going one. a spiritual one wink

so your very intimate with god...huh?
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by sukkot: 10:00pm On Feb 25, 2016
omonnakoda:
So why make the claim if you cannot provide evidence.?

Who wrote this rev20vs 8 that you quote .Do YOU know the ORIGIN or source?
i dont need to provide evidence to you brah lol. this is for those with eyes to see and ears to hear. i am not here tryna convert anybody. what i am dropping are spiritual messages that sync with the souls of those who need to hear this message. if the message does not resonate with you then its not for you.

isaiah 6 vs 10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

john 4 vs 48 So Jesus said to him, “Unless you see signs and wonders you will not believe.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by sukkot: 10:00pm On Feb 25, 2016
taurus25:

so your very intimate with god...huh?
VERY being the operative word wink
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by omonnakoda: 10:02pm On Feb 25, 2016
sukkot:
i dont need to provide evidence to you brah lol. this is for those with eyes to see and ears to hear. i am not here tryna convert anybody. what i am dropping are spiritual messages that sync with the souls of those who need to hear this message. if the message does not resonate with you then its for you.

isaiah 6 vs 10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

john 4 vs 48 So Jesus said to him, “Unless you see signs and wonders you will not believe.”
All these quotes from the Hebrew story book are interesting but of what value are they ? You are to be honest ..............ranting
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by taurus25(m): 10:04pm On Feb 25, 2016
sukkot:
VERY being the operative word wink
lol....so u talk to god and he talks to you too...correct?
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by virginboy1(m): 10:05pm On Feb 25, 2016
haryomikun:

am tellin u man. they just want you to believe without facts. even atheists sef arent different from religious people.

i believe this topic on my blog will interest you.....

Thanks Bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by blueAgent(m): 10:06pm On Feb 25, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Another ignorant post from Johnydon22 . The Chinese are the MOST superstitious people on earth but have the fastest growing economy in the world - their rate of development makes America insecure . Ethiopia is a very religious country and has the fastest growing economy in Africa , many business reports say they'll soon upstage China . Norway is the most advanced in the world and has over 76 percent of its population identify as Christians.

Invariably , atheists equate unbelief in a deity to advancement - an egregious display of ignorance , a flagrant denial in the face of facts , and should be ashamed of their futile attempts to delineate the religious as backward .

I am not saying that despicable practices should be condoned but they do not impede advancement or development

Guy leave this idiots. even Ancient Civilizations like Egypt .Babylon,Greek and most of the successfull empires were highly religeous.
Egypt were deep into Babylonian mysetries and occultism .but yet had a great Civilization, built pyramiads, had knoweledge of astronomy,sciences,e.t.c or is it the Roman Empire that developed the Catholic church , we all know about Greek beliefs in gods and godess
IQ determines a countries development not religeon or culture. becos high IQ infuences peoples attitude torwards a particular religeous habit or influence.

Atheism is another name for Autism.
they just don't reason.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by blueAgent(m): 10:12pm On Feb 25, 2016
Oluwaseytiano:
A Chinese or a Norwegian won't blame the old people in his village when he fails an exam

That's becos he has high IQ. not becos he is not religeous.
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by sukkot: 10:13pm On Feb 25, 2016
taurus25:

lol....so u talk to god and he talks to you too...correct?
yup. sounds crazy right ? lol. nothing happening in this world is coincidental. everything you see is a sign. you just need to have the spiritual eye to be able to read the messages. you need to know sacred geometry and numerology amongst other numerous gifts that let you receive messages
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by blueAgent(m): 10:16pm On Feb 25, 2016
Pataricatering:
This is proof that witches exist? I have dogs and they behave like what you just described a lot. Go and read up on the hearing ability of dogs you would understand why your claim that witches exist because your dog was Barking is ridiculous.

Do you believe in Magic or luck?
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by sukkot: 10:19pm On Feb 25, 2016
omonnakoda:
All these quotes from the Hebrew story book are interesting but of what value are they ? You are to be honest ..............ranting
ok you are an atheist ? this is where our discussion ends lol. can two walk together except they be agreed ? see I was of the opinion you were a ' christian '. if you are not, then we have absolutely no platform to build up from. was nice chattin to you though. stay cool wink

1 Like

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by blueAgent(m): 10:21pm On Feb 25, 2016
omonnakoda:
Weird things are real but a superstitious explanation for a weird thing is still a superstitious explanation.
Weirdness is not a function of phenomena but rather a reflection of the limitation of the human nervous system in processing that phenomena

1000 years ago the internet would have been Megaweird that would not justify a superstitious explanation

I laugh at U. go and ask a 33degree freemason. weather their us demons? Otondo.
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by omonnakoda: 10:23pm On Feb 25, 2016
blueAgent:

That's becos he has high IQ. not becos he is not religeous.
Chinese or Norwegians do not have higher IQ than Nigerians and some Chinese are superstitious.Superstition is embedded in Chinese culture and history. Superstitiousness is largely a function of acculturation.
The Chinese in large numbers believe that the Rhino horn is a powerful aphrodisiac and cure for most ailments even though science tell us it is Keratin just like our fingernails.
We did not have the Pentecostal culture 50 years ago .Now we have it and even our VP is on record as saying that his election was "foretold" or prophesied. High IQ people do not know everything. They are human and susceptible to human weaknesses like falling in love etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by omonnakoda: 10:25pm On Feb 25, 2016
blueAgent:

I laugh at U. go and ask a 33degree freemason. weather their us demons? Otondo.
Is your father an Otondo? or your mother? I have no idea what it means but I guess that is what they are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by omonnakoda: 10:27pm On Feb 25, 2016
sukkot:
ok you are an atheist ? this is where our discussion ends lol. can two walk together except they be agreed ? see I was of the opinion you were a ' christian '. if you are not, then we have absolutely no platform to build up from. was nice chattin to you though. stay cool wink
How can I be a Christian ,I am a true Yoruba man but still a rational one.I am here to refute foolishness
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by blueAgent(m): 10:29pm On Feb 25, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Whites believe in witches too . And the practice of satanism is prevalent in their countries

Guy leave this clowns.
They are kids. when they see Bush or Obama flashing the Horn of Horus or Baphomet sign. it is nothing but waving. Morons

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by taurus25(m): 10:29pm On Feb 25, 2016
sukkot:
yup. sounds crazy right ? lol. nothing happening in this world is coincidental. everything you see is a sign. you just need to have the spiritual eye to be able to read the messages. you need to know sacred geometry and numerology amongst other numerous gifts that let you receive messages
well i saw a post today and it pricked my curiosity.......so we all know many scientists are atheists or not too devoted christains or religionists... and theyre facing some difficulties explaining some things right now so i want you to do the world a favour.......communicate with god and help them answer this questions

* can cancer be cured? and how?
* can AIDS be cured? and how?
* is there life outside the universe? and where?
* what is dark matter? how do we find it?
* is it possible to unify general relativity and quantum field theory? how do we go about it?
please sukkot the world is counting on you

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by blueAgent(m): 10:32pm On Feb 25, 2016
charix:

All those rules are put to govern the common man on the street. Rub shoulders with top men in their government and you'd realize atheism is the way of life for them - they only use religion for its original intent: control.
Saudi princes are well known for bedding women of all races, keeping slaves and indulging in perverse acts meanwhile the common man on the street can get executed for hugging a woman in public.

Lie ,but it has been proven that most of the Leaders belong to the same satanic cult. i guess that's not religeon?
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by blueAgent(m): 10:35pm On Feb 25, 2016
charix:

The people who believe in those are a minority who the majority believe should get locked in mental institutions.

Lie. Freemason has over 13 million registered members only in the US. not to talk of church of satan,skulls and bones,Templars.
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:36pm On Feb 25, 2016
sukkot:
let me tell you about the ILLUMINATED ONES. all the secrets of this world they hide it as esoteric wisdom in movies. when you watch movies-there are many hidden secrets in them. they pass hidden secrets and messages through their movies cuz am sure you know hollywood is another propaganda arm of the illuminated ones who control this planet. having said all that I need you to go watch the movie the TRUMAN SHOW and they reveal to you what this earth is. its flat and then there is like a glass firmament enclosing it all - which is why they will never allow you to go to the arctic or antartic north and south pole. those areas are heavily guarded. no human is allowed beyond a certain point on this planet. heavy armed guards. why ? because you just may stumble into the real truth and see the glass firmament. wink

I read the plot of the movie on Wikipedia and its ambigious - it supports your view that we are given a false perception of the earth and it portrays God in a repugnant manner (Its theological analogy)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Saying Hello Is A Sin - Mummy G.O, Funmi Adebayo (Video) / Bishop David Oyedepo Dances With Two Kids On Altar At Shiloh 2017 / Nigerians Will Soon Smile Again – Kumuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.