Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Is The Increased Rate Of Intelligence In Women A Menace To The Society? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is The Increased Rate Of Intelligence In Women A Menace To The Society? (838 Views)

How Ladies See Their Body In The Society(pics). / Guys, What Physical Features Can't You Stand In Women? / 15 Things Men Do That Annoy Women (A Lot!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Increased Rate Of Intelligence In Women A Menace To The Society? by beautycrush24(f): 10:59am On Feb 25, 2016
One issue that is beginning to be a major cause of concern is the alarming increase in single ladies above the age of 30. The priority of women before the 21st century was to get married and start a family. Even at the young age of 18, ladies were already looking forward to becoming wives and mothers. Only very few ladies wanted to get a university degree and make a name for themselves before deciding to settle down. But the reverse is the case today. A higher percentage of today’s woman wants to build a very successful career first before building a home.

This got me thinking, what could be the problem? Is it that the female folk cannot build a successful career while married? Or feminism has eaten so deep into the society that our ladies do not see themselves ‘taking orders’ from the male folk? It could even be that women of today do not desire the idea of marriage anymore, they’ll rather just get pregnant and have babies outside wedlock.
I am all for being successful as a woman and being able to cater for yourself in order not to be a liability to your husband and the society. What I do not understand is the ‘refusal’ to get married. A 35 year old woman will tell you she’s not bothered about being single cos the men aren’t worth it anyway. They’ll even go further saying the only reason they’ll eventually get married is so as to do away with family pressure and all of that. I understand that God’s time is the best but with a mindset like that, how do you expect God to send you anyone at all?

Sometimes, I even begin to wonder if it was better when the women were less intelligent. Yes, I agree that marriage should not be our major goal in life and neither should it be a do or die affair. But we cannot deny the fact that is a very important aspect of life. If our mothers reasoned the way we are reasoning now, then one of two thing would have happened. We’ll either not be on this earth or we won’t know who our fathers are.

Women of today need to be more patient and tolerating. Most women lack these two essential virtues. The earlier we realize that we need to respect our men no matter the height we’ve attained in our career, the better it’ll be for us and the society.

It might be surprising to know this is coming from a lady but it is the bitter truth that I have learnt and I am beginning to accept it.

I’ll like to know what other ladies and even guys have to say about this. Are the ladies really single because of their ‘over intelligence’ or is it just outright pride and stubbornness?

SOURCE: http://www.juicygossips.com.ng/2016/02/juicy-special-is-increased-rate-of.html
Re: Is The Increased Rate Of Intelligence In Women A Menace To The Society? by Truckpusher(m): 11:04am On Feb 25, 2016
Space perfectly booked waiting for all the online feminist wannabe, while they are languishing in a man's house . grin
Re: Is The Increased Rate Of Intelligence In Women A Menace To The Society? by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 25, 2016
Because men will rubbish you badly all cos they spend for u they wud make u feel less human

Some guys are just pure heartless

I rada work and earn my money dan b a nobody a guy wud treat less human
Re: Is The Increased Rate Of Intelligence In Women A Menace To The Society? by Jadekitana(f): 11:06am On Feb 25, 2016
Sorry these days it's you same guys that run away from liability. A lady has to build a career to bring something to the table! An average working class lagos guy can't date a jobless or idle lady, so spare us. First things first, when we are emotionally and financially balanced then we can seek for love.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Increased Rate Of Intelligence In Women A Menace To The Society? by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 25, 2016
Good one lady, let's hear the accused say stuffs anyway

1 Like

Re: Is The Increased Rate Of Intelligence In Women A Menace To The Society? by beautycrush24(f): 11:10am On Feb 25, 2016
pinceprinz:
Good one lady, let's hear the accused say stuffs anyway

Lol...i nor accuse anybody ooo
Re: Is The Increased Rate Of Intelligence In Women A Menace To The Society? by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 25, 2016
First of all, there is an apparent difference between being intelligent and pursuing a successful career as an academic. They are two completely different concepts. Your caption already betrays the message you are trying passing across.

Secondly, I believe every woman is entitled to her own individual choices as regards the goals she wants to reach and where she wants to be as a person, before she gets married. Her personal decisions shouldn't be subject to obsolete societal notions and conceptions.

Finally, we live in a dynamic society that is subject to change. Things aren't as they were before. The world is taking on a new face and in a fast pace. So as such, a lot of women are moving in this pace. You can't blame them for it.

Not every woman would want to wait till she is successful before she gets married. There are lots of educated ladies who get married once they graduate from the university, some even get married while in the university. There will always be a balanced stock of both kinds of women. It's left for men to look and choose the type they want.

1 Like

Re: Is The Increased Rate Of Intelligence In Women A Menace To The Society? by Strahovski1(m): 11:21am On Feb 25, 2016
There is one nairaland woman who post that she does not want to get married until she has achieved her goals. I actually contacted her to counsel her but this woman told me she wants to get B.sc, 2 M.sc, 3 PhD, expand her company globally. By then she should be 36 - 40 then she can consider marriage lipsrsealed

My point is, every woman has her choice. It's her life. African society should stop picking on the lives of women based on their choices.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Increased Rate Of Intelligence In Women A Menace To The Society? by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 25, 2016
Lets wait and see
Re: Is The Increased Rate Of Intelligence In Women A Menace To The Society? by beautycrush24(f): 11:55am On Feb 25, 2016
Oma307:
Lets wait and see

wetin you wan see?
Re: Is The Increased Rate Of Intelligence In Women A Menace To The Society? by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 25, 2016
One thing you don't realize is that this is not happening to just women. it's happening to both sexes. and in fact, it's more rampant in men.

The fact is that this world is developing rapidly. more and more information is out there. there just isn't enough time to be successful in learning these things while simultaneously raising a family.

Take physics. a Bsc takes about 4 years. but that is just the beginning. in fact, as a physicist, you are almost useless with just a BSc. now, going for masters, depending, that may take about 2 years or so. but that's literally nothing. no one will respect you as a physcist with just a bsc. that's mediocre. you have to go for a PhD, which depending on the specific course, can take up to 7 years. add it up. that is more than 10 years of just learning how to be successful in a career.

Imagine if a little girl decided she wanted to be "the best physicist in the world!"

well, she can start thinking about marriage in her thirties. you can't eat your cake and have more.
Re: Is The Increased Rate Of Intelligence In Women A Menace To The Society? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 25, 2016
Responses from ladies
beautycrush24:

wetin you wan see?

1 Like

Re: Is The Increased Rate Of Intelligence In Women A Menace To The Society? by beautycrush24(f): 12:48pm On Feb 25, 2016
Teempakguy:
One thing you don't realize is that this is not happening to just women. it's happening to both sexes. and in fact, it's more rampant in men.

The fact is that this world is developing rapidly. more and more information is out there. there just isn't enough time to be successful in learning these things while simultaneously raising a family.

Take physics. a Bsc takes about 4 years. but that is just the beginning. in fact, as a physicist, you are almost useless with just a BSc. now, going for masters, depending, that may take about 2 years or so. but that's literally nothing. no one will respect you as a physcist with just a bsc. that's mediocre. you have to go for a PhD, which depending on the specific course, can take up to 7 years. add it up. that is more than 10 years of just learning how to be successful in a career.

Imagine if a little girl decided she wanted to be "the best physicist in the world!"

well, she can start thinking about marriage in her thirties. you can't eat your cake and have more.

What about ladies that are just 25 with successful careers and already married? How did they scale through this 'law of nature' that you stated?
Re: Is The Increased Rate Of Intelligence In Women A Menace To The Society? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 25, 2016
beautycrush24:

What about ladies that are just 25 with successful careers and already married? How did they scale through this 'law of nature' that you stated?
Oh, I don't know . . . what are their careers exactly? how successful are they exactly? the fact that they are married does not mean that their marriage is successful. it could be a living hell for all we know. do they have kids? do they have time for those kids?

When you think about it, you'll find that it's just an illusion of the grass being greener on the other side.
Re: Is The Increased Rate Of Intelligence In Women A Menace To The Society? by gentlejpm(m): 1:31pm On Feb 25, 2016
so you no want women to be intelligent Ko?
Re: Is The Increased Rate Of Intelligence In Women A Menace To The Society? by cruzita(f): 2:49pm On Feb 25, 2016
I would rather work for my money than become dependent on a man. In that way he won't insult me cos of money or look down on me
Re: Is The Increased Rate Of Intelligence In Women A Menace To The Society? by jblessed(m): 8:10pm On Feb 25, 2016
Jadekitana:
Sorry these days it's you same guys that run away from liability. A lady has to build a career to bring something to the table! An average working class lagos guy can't date a jobless or idle lady, so spare us. First things first, when we are emotionally and financially balanced then we can seek for love.

(1) (Reply)

Must You Love A Girl Before You Start A Relationship??? / Unbelievable / 10 Signs A Girl Will Become A Prostitute (must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.