Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,173 members, 7,953,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:32 PM

ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International (28614 Views)

ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International / Amaechi At Flag Off Of The Port-Harcourt To Aba Mass Transit Line -photos / Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by jamjo: 12:18am On Feb 26, 2016
LoveMachine:
Does Amnesty International ever investigate crimes by law enforcement in America towards blacks or do they only "investigate" African countries?

Yes they do investigate in America and it is not only in Africa but around the world ..
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by TalkingBird: 12:43am On Feb 26, 2016
And in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. Lack of affection. Lies.

and there will be great tempest form one end of the earth clear to the other end of it, for God will personally put himself in jugdement with all flesh.

God will ruin those ruining the earth. very soon.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by bobbybash(m): 12:45am On Feb 26, 2016
LoveMachine:
Does Amnesty International ever investigate crimes by law enforcement in America towards blacks or do they only "investigate" African countries?

My thoughts exactly. The wide spread abuse of blacks in America and the overzealous police activities. The daylight shootings. Yet they come here and run mouth. This is not to deny that we don't have our short comings as a country, but only we as a country can help us. Make AI hold them side .
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by theMEGAman(m): 12:45am On Feb 26, 2016
asEdeyHOT:
Igbos can continue to kill themselves , no one cares

All these propaganda is dead on arrival

The Nigerian military has shown restraint in the face of provocation from the mentally disturbed IPOB youths

When they attack the military , they should be ready to face the consequences next time
Ok, another civil war loading, this time around nigeria and some ppl like u will experience the war.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by bobbybash(m): 12:48am On Feb 26, 2016
zendy:
As we all know, the Buhari administration is not a respecter of the constitution. Not even Buhari or his fellow APC followers know about the doctrine of "presumed to be innocent until proven guilty in a competent court". That's why Buhari came on live TV to declare Dasuki and Kanu guilty, that's Buhari doesn't know what bail means and that's why you APC supporters shouting 'jail him!' 'Execute him!' 'Hang him'.

Every time that Amnesty international and other human rights organisations report the killings,torture and illegal arrest of people, it not only discredits the regime of Buhari, it also seriously dents the image of Nigeria because these organisations have a worldwide following.

I have no doubt in my mind that the murderous regime of Buhari will slaughter thousands more Nigerians before the first term is over. Buhari is an ex military man who thinks that everything in life is solved by guns and bullets.

Well I'm sure or rather certain AI has been Menton ng about abuse since the days of GEJ. It's not a Buhari or an APC thing it's we the Nigerians, how we handle power.
But again how easy is it fight a guerilla warfare.

And talking about Kanu it's simple he was releas d and rearrested on another charge. Logical I suppose.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by bobbybash(m): 12:56am On Feb 26, 2016
dicefrost:

Where else in the world do soldiers fire at unarmed protesters if not Africa and the middle east??

And the police brutality in the black communities get a pass right?
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by paramakina202: 1:26am On Feb 26, 2016
Mean while Bubu is in Mecca worshiping Allah with his team of blood suckers.

Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by theDEVILisHERE: 1:49am On Feb 26, 2016
paramakina202:
Mean while Bubu is in Mecca worshiping Allah with his team of blood suckers.

BLACK PEOPLE ARE FUCKING USELESS!!!!!!!!

Just look at how idiotic these Africans look!!!

Sometimes I think it will not be a bad idea for African/black people to face some level of extinction

Maybe the few that survive will eventually come to their senses
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by Shegebanti007: 1:53am On Feb 26, 2016
LoveMachine:

I wonder ooooo
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by Shegebanti007: 1:58am On Feb 26, 2016
ngmgeek:
Our democracy took a black eye with this statement by Amnesty International.
I hope and pray that our leaders will treat this issue with maturity and fairness.
This is 2016 and not 1980's for crying out loud. undecided

If you cry they no see your tears, you fit shout maybe they go hear you.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by LoveMachine(m): 3:28am On Feb 26, 2016
dicefrost:

Where else in the world do soldiers fire at unarmed protesters if not Africa and the middle east??

Actually in America. There's been a huge outcry over the militarization of the US police force. At this point they are most certainly an armed force. The rate at which they massively incarcerate blacks and then kill them is alarming. I'm not condoning the actions of the Nigerian Army but I find it odd that AI is always getting at Black and Brown nations and yet White countries never get any reprimand. French UN soldiers raped African children and no blowback towards the French. The US has a list too long to go into and yet never any public outcry. What gives?

AntiIPOB:
Don't mind them,just like united nations and international court of justice,their work place is only in africa,talking about mass grave,what have they done about the mass graves discovered in Ramadi in the northern iraq?
What have they done about the prison camp presently in north korea?
what have they done about marikana massacre in south africa?
What have they done about the human right abused currently going in syria?
To hell with amnesty international,to hell with ipob,and to hell with egbos.

I think you missed the point. Further more as an Igbo man that's a highly offensive statement. Why so much hate?

banmee:

Mostly in African countries. That's where most beasts live.

I doubt you truly believe that. You know good and well Africans are at large peaceful and loving. The problem is the west empowers the wicked.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by LoveMachine(m): 3:28am On Feb 26, 2016
bobbybash:

My thoughts exactly. The wide spread abuse of blacks in America and the overzealous police activities. The daylight shootings. Yet they come here and run mouth. This is not to deny that we don't have our short comings as a country, but only we as a country can help us. Make AI hold them side .

Exactly!

Shegebanti007:

I wonder ooooo

grin
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by banmee(m): 3:36am On Feb 26, 2016
LoveMachine:

I doubt you truly believe that. You know good and well Africans are at large peaceful and loving. The problem is the west empowers the wicked.

Wait. What? You are joking right? undecided
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by xelly: 3:41am On Feb 26, 2016
asEdeyHOT:
Igbos can continue to kill themselves , no one cares

All these propaganda is dead on arrival

The Nigerian military has shown restraint in the face of provocation from the mentally disturbed IPOB youths

When they attack the military , they should be ready to face the consequences next time

May you be faced with the same measures faced by those killed by the Nigerian security operative and may no one talk about your case. Amen

2 Likes

Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by LoveMachine(m): 3:42am On Feb 26, 2016
Pavarottii:

So the igbos the blacks here in contrast?

Please elaborate. I don't want to answer your question wrongly.

jamjo:

Yes they do investigate in America and it is not only in Africa but around the world ..

That answers that. grin

Osakah24:
Human right abuses happen in america,that one is very sure but the rate at which it happens in africa is alarming,One have to wonder if we here in africa are really humans or barbarians. Any incident that kills 20 people in the US will kill 200 in africa(especially nigeria) and trust the people to stand up and condemn it not minding the colour or race of the victims,gush there is endemic decay and moral decadence in the minds of many blacks,that's why God didn't allow us to enslave the whites and caucasians but allowed them to enslave us.

Are you sure about that? Look at the Flint Michigan water scandal. In the Midwest their are other communities that can set their water on fire due to high methane content from government sanctioned illegal fracking. In TX just last week their is a town that literally has black sludge coming out of their taps.

The government is allowing banks to illegally repossess homes at high rates. When you speak about the public outcry don't let the media fool you. The white man is hated world over for a reason. There are some good ones but there is a high percentage of evil ones.

The protests you see are funded by high networth individuals. The protesters are being paid just like out here.

The Black Lives Matter movement was started by lesbians who are being funded to usurp the "conscious community" that has been bubbling and building since the 90's. The CC is finally starting to gain traction due to the internet and now the white power structure is jumping in. This guy Deray McKesson is being pumped up as a new MLK and yet he has done nothing. They are even putting money behind him to run for mayor of Baltimore.

The reason why blacks didn't enslave whites is due to blacks spending time to build rather than destroy. Look at their inventions and then look at ours. If you are interested you should check out the books "The Iceman Inheritance" and "Guns, Germs, and Steel."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns,_Germs,_and_Steel
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/653045.The_Iceman_Inheritance

Both can be found online for free if you know where to look. Great books that shed light on how and why history developed as it did.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by LoveMachine(m): 3:51am On Feb 26, 2016
banmee:

Wait. What? You are joking right? undecided

Judging by your screen name I'm not sure if you are a troll but to be decent and not make any assumptions I'll play.

Yes Africans are peace loving. For all that we suffer through for the most part we don't maim, kill, steal, plunder and rape. How long was the NE left to decay until it became a warzone. Look at the US with all their infrastructure and alleged advancements I'm more likely to die in some of their cities than here Naija. When we go out there we achieve at a higher rate than any other groups and hardly commit crime or get into any other trouble. They couldn't last a month in our shoes.

Have you ever seen what goes on in trailer parks? There is an American singer Ted Nugent who has songs about pedophilia. He was on the campaign trail with a presidential nominee and is frequently featured on Fox News TV segments as a guest speaker. There is something wrong with those people.

I stand by my claims. There are vast areas in West Africa that scientific excavations have proven to be war free free prior to the arrival of whites. If left to our own devices we are good to one another. People call it crabs in a barrel mentality as if a barrel is a crab's natural environment.

I'm not letting us off the hook for our shortcomings because we must do better but I won't accept blame for what is not our doing.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by ngmgeek(m): 3:58am On Feb 26, 2016
Shegebanti007:

If you cry they no see your tears, you fit shout maybe they go hear you.

You are basically implying that I should look for the fastest way to waste my dear life.
Because, to shout in Nigeria comes with deadly consequences. Everyone is trigger happy these days. cheesy
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by banmee(m): 4:01am On Feb 26, 2016
LoveMachine:

Judging by your screen name I'm not sure if you are a troll but to be decent and not make any assumptions I'll play.

Yes Africans are peace loving. For all that we suffer through for the most part we don't maim, kill, steal, plunder and rape. How long was the NE left to decay until it became a warzone. Look at the US with all their infrastructure and alleged advancements I'm more likely to die in some of their cities than here Naija. When we go out there we achieve at a higher rate than any other groups and hardly commit crime or get into any other trouble. They couldn't last a month in our shoes.

Have you ever seen what goes on in trailer parks? There is an American singer Ted Nugent who has songs about pedophilia. He was on the campaign trail with a presidential nominee and is frequently featured on Fox News TV segments as a guest speaker. There is something wrong with those people.

I stand by my claims. There are vast areas in West Africa that scientific excavations have proven to be war free free prior to the arrival of whites. If left to our own devices we are good to one another. People call it crabs in a barrel mentality as if a barrel is a crab's natural environment.

I'm not letting us off the hook for our shortcomings because we must do better but I won't accept blame for what is not our doing.

The problem with people like you is when you stay too long in one place, the rot around you seems normal. To you, Africans are peace loving because your environment is all you know. Explore and i promise you, your perception will evolve. You pick random facts to support your subjective views as if there is no society without crime. The point is what are the percentages? How often does it occur compared to other societies? Ol boy. Start exploring other societies. Not google ooooo.

1 Like

Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by LoveMachine(m): 4:09am On Feb 26, 2016
banmee:

The problem with people like you is when you stay too long long in one place, the rot around you seems normal. To you, Africans are peace loving because your environment is all you know. Explore and i promise you, your perception will evolve. You pick random facts to support your subjective views as if there is no society without crime. The point is what are the percentages? How often does it occur compared to other societies? Ol boy. Start exploring other societies. Not google ooooo.

Your problem is you make assumptions with no facts to back up your claims. You just said I stay in one place. Assumptions have a funny way of making an ass out of the culprit. Please don't speak on me as if you know me. I've traveled extensively and my contacts and interactions are wide and vast. Please if you want to be a coon and self hating by all means it's your own funeral. I know better so I'll show better.

I have never said any society was without crime. I said Africans are peaceful. Any group of people that have been and are subjected to the constant atrocities that have befallen Africans world over are allotted some leeway.

I'm yet to claim we are without fault. I'm saying we are good people who are in a bad situation. Conversely, the other guys are bad people in a good situation.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by banmee(m): 4:16am On Feb 26, 2016
LoveMachine:

Your problem is you make assumptions with no facts to back up your claims. You just said I stay in one place. Assumptions have a funny way of making an ass out of the culprit. Please don't speak on me as if you know me. I've traveled extensively and my contacts and interactions are wide and vast. Please if you want to be a coon and self hating by all means it's your own funeral. I know better so I'll show better.

I have never said any society was without crime. I said Africans are peaceful. Any group of people that have been and are subjected to the constant atrocities that have befallen Africans world over are allotted some leeway.

I'm yet to claim we are without fault. I'm saying we are good people who are in a bad situation. Conversely, the other guys are bad people in a good situation.

Which is why i'm thoroughly confused as to your assertions that you are well traveled. Anyone who has been exposed to cultured societies will know first hand that Africans are very violent. Well, i guess you are immune.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by LoveMachine(m): 4:23am On Feb 26, 2016
banmee:

Which is why i'm thoroughly confused as to your assertions that you are well traveled. Anyone who has been exposed to cultured societies will know first hand that Africans are very violent. Well, i guess you are immune.

Violent how? Everyone says Africans are suffering and smiling. We are constantly rated the "most happy" countries on Earth. Don't mistake aggressive for violent. We speak loud and gesticulate. We dance and sing. We eat with our hands and share with our neighbors. We overspend and very bright, ostentatious clothing Yes we live in a vibrant manner but I can't agree on us being a violent people.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by banmee(m): 4:33am On Feb 26, 2016
LoveMachine:

Violent how? Everyone says Africans are suffering and smiling. We are constantly rated the "most happy" countries on Earth. Don't mistake aggressive for violent. We speak loud and gesticulate. We dance and sing. We eat with our hands and share with our neighbors. We overspend and very bright, ostentatious clothing Yes we live in a vibrant manner but I can't agree on us being a violent people.

Funny. Haven't you watched terrorists dance and sing? Just because you dance and sing does not mean you are peaceful you know. I could be taking a stroll on a street in Lagos and the next minute i could witness the burning of a suspected thief. That is not the problem. It could happen in any society. What bothers me is the indifference of Nigerians in situations like that. They jump for joy and even fuel the event with chants. Even after the deed is done, the body is left on the streets, sometimes for days and nobody says anything about it on the news or in papers condemning it. Even on this forum, a vast majority of comment praise such actions. If that behavior is that of a peaceful people then i want to live in a violent society.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by LoveMachine(m): 4:50am On Feb 26, 2016
banmee:

Funny. Haven't you watched terrorists dance and sing? Just because you dance and sing does not mean you are peaceful you know. I could be taking a stroll on a street in Lagos and the next minute i could witness the burning of a suspected thief. That is not the problem. It could happen in any society. What bothers me is the indifference of Nigerians in situations like that. They jump for joy and even fuel the event with chants. Even after the deed is done, the body is left on the streets, sometimes for days and nobody says anything about it on the news or in papers condemning it. Even on this forum, a vast majority of comment praise such actions. If that behavior is that of a peaceful people then i want to live in a violent society.

That's an isolated event of the people taking out their collective frustration on the only people they can get their hands on. They leave the body as a warning to anyone else not to try the crime.

I like how you pointed out that it is a thief being accosted. Not a law abiding citizen but someone who is attempting to affect someone's livelihood and take food out of their children's mouths. They would do the same to the evil politicians but they have security details and armored vehicles.

The problem with the masses is they attack the irritator and not the dominator. That's by design due to miseducation.

Rather than stop the looting politicians who create an environment where a person would feel desperate enough to become a thief the people only attack the thief. That's like swatting flies rather than throwing out the trash. The same can be said of you when you question the peaceful nature of Africans rather than looking at the environment that leads to them being that way.

I doubt we'll agree but I truly do appreciate your outlook. Another vantage point is nice to learn about even if it is contrary to mine.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by banmee(m): 5:00am On Feb 26, 2016
LoveMachine:

That's an isolated event of the people taking out their collective frustration on the only people they can get their hands on. They leave the body as a warning to anyone else not to try the crime.

I like how you pointed out that it is a thief being accosted. Not a law abiding citizen but someone who is attempting to affect someone's livelihood and take food out of their children's mouths. They would do the same to the evil politicians but they have security details and armored vehicles

The problem with the masses is they attack the irritator and not the dominator. That's by design due to miseducation.

Rather than stop the looting politicians who create an environment where a person would feel desperate enough to become a thief the people only attack the thief. That's like swatting flies rather than throwing out the trash. The same can be said of you when you question the peaceful nature of Africans rather than looking at the environment that leads to them being that way.

I doubt we'll agree but I truly do appreciate your outlook. Another vantage point is nice to learn about even if it is contrary to mine.

I said "suspected thief". Last time i checked, suspects are arrested and tried. Not summarily executed. You said, "They leave the body as a warning to anyone else not to try the crime", really? Thanks for proving my point.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by LoveMachine(m): 5:16am On Feb 26, 2016
banmee:

I said "suspected thief". Last time i checked, suspects are arrested and tried. Not summarily executed. "They leave the body as a warning to anyone else not to try the crime", really? Thanks for proving my point.

As I said we're not perfect. But there is a saying. "someone will lie they will steal. If someone will steal they will kill." The degeneration of crime is a known fact. Few people start off as Escobar.

When someone is caught red handed the only reason they are suspected is because they are yet to be arraigned. Once again I'm not condoning the act but more than anything explaining the thought process. The people of Africa when in a healthy environment do healthy things. If Africans were the beasts and devils you are making us out to be we wouldn't be allowed into countries world over. Furthermore, we wouldn't be the highest achieving groups in said countries upon arrival.

Look at Anambra. Just a few years ago it was insane out there. In a few years time look at the sanity that has come. We don't have half the infrastructure of most "developed" places and yet sanity has already returned.

We have our problems and without outside interference we will correct them. If you want to believe you are the only civilized one among a people of beats, ghouls, wraiths and goblins it's your life. I know what I know. Peace.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by banmee(m): 5:27am On Feb 26, 2016
LoveMachine:

As I said we're not perfect. But there is a saying. "someone will lie they will steal. If someone will steal they will kill." The degeneration of crime is a known fact. Few people start off as Escobar.

When someone is caught red handed the only reason they are suspected is because they are yet to be arraigned. Once again I'm not condoning the act but more than anything explaining the thought process. The people of Africa when in a healthy environment do healthy things. If Africans were the beasts and devils you are making us out to be we wouldn't be allowed into countries world over. Furthermore, we wouldn't be the highest achieving groups in said countries upon arrival.

Look at Anambra. Just a few years ago it was insane out there. In a few years time look at the sanity that has come. We don't have half the infrastructure of most "developed" places and yet sanity has already returned.

We have our problems and without outside interference we will correct them. If you want to believe you are the only civilized one among a people of beats, ghouls, wraiths and goblins it's your life. I know what I know. Peace.

Roger that sgt!
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by LoveMachine(m): 5:31am On Feb 26, 2016
banmee:

Roger that sgt!

AY AY CAPTAIN! wink
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by gomeks(m): 6:05am On Feb 26, 2016
brize:
Tomorrow one stupid man will tell you that Nigeria is one....... Since i was born i have never heard about one Ghana, one America, one Holland etc. it is only in Nigeria that you hear one Nigeria........

But u do hear United States and United Kingdom.,
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by banmee(m): 6:27am On Feb 26, 2016
LoveMachine:

AY AY CAPTAIN! wink

God forbid. I ain't no captain.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by egoldman(m): 6:34am On Feb 26, 2016
The Syrian civil war started as harmless protests , today we see whats happening in that country and let me quote fayose " this Lion that we feed now ( buhari ) we will finaly end up in its belly " those that support what buhari is doing today with regards to obeying the constitution , he will get to ur turn , shikena .

2 Likes

Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by Dreadful: 6:39am On Feb 26, 2016
People only gathered in an enclosed field to pray for the release of their leader in detention, these people haven't even started any protest and all the Nigeria military could do is to start shooting at unarmed civilians. There is God in heaven and Nigeria must pay. If Amnesty International can speak on this gross violation of human rights other agencies will start speaking in due time.. The IPOB at the international level have been holding protest across the globe with series of complaints against the Nigerian Govt and most of you think the world is not taking note of them?? Nigeria is a zoo indeed, continue to prove the Igbos right all the time.

1 Like

Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by Ajibel(m): 6:58am On Feb 26, 2016
Okpueze1:

So surprised @ ur level of ignorance on this case. The video is still online in youtube. I dn't know of the mass grave issue, that one may be a later development. But the NA killed unarmed IPOB members that gathered inside a school premise and were praying n chanting. No insults meant.

Bro, I think you didn't understand my post well. I said I dont believe the mass grave issue, which you also alluded to that you dont know as per the bolded. So why accusing me of ignorance?

I am against the killing of unarmed protesters but bro, you cant deny also that IPOB page on FB engage in propaganda too or do you want us to debate that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria To Import 2.1 Million Metric Tons Of Rice, Become Top Buyer Globally / 'Peter Obi Is A Tribal Bigot' - El-Rufai / #ENDSARS: Only White Paper Report Can Confirm Alleged Lekki Killing – CDS Irabor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.