Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. (52218 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable / Rains Disturbed Edo For Seven Years, That’s Why We Didn’t Build Roads –oshiomole / Names Of Those Who Made 2nd Ministerial List - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by emmasege: 7:56am On Feb 27, 2016
This is why I am more comfortable addressing the VP as Prof and not Pastor. Addressing this one as a Pastor tarnishes the name and body of Christ.
Does he even travel by roads? APC is a wrong association for anyone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 27, 2016
baralatie:
I am thinking east west road and its link up bridges,auchi road,abuja and all those roads that Lagos built on behalf of the fg and collected the money back
Those roads were remedied. I'm thinking only of the Benin Bypass but I think it's over ten years

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by erico2k2(m): 7:57am On Feb 27, 2016
unitysheart:
Oga mi, please read the story well. Osinbajo said no new Road was built. Road repairs is classified as road building too, but it is not classified as "new Road building."
Guy jump.it means you are living in same basket as the Pastor. Have you been to the East West rd?or was it his church that built it?Stop supporting with existing sentiments.I'm xtian but I'm highly disappointed in this po.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by DifferentBoy1(m): 7:59am On Feb 27, 2016
My Brother GEJ built road for Northerners.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by erico2k2(m): 7:59am On Feb 27, 2016
kITATITA:

Those roads were remedied. I'm thinking only of the Benin Bypass but I think it's over ten years
Oga I take it you have not been to the east West rd.let's even forget the Benin bypass.the dualistic of that rd is the most expensive rd work in Nigeria as we speak cos of its challenges frm Militants to tapography
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 27, 2016
erico2k2:

Oga I take it you have not been to the east West rd.let's even forget the Benin bypass.the dualistic of that rd is the most expensive rd work in Nigeria as we speak cos of its challenges frm Militants to tapography
I passed through the East West Road two years ago and I saw serious work in progress. But it is not an entirely new Road.
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by omolola15(m): 8:01am On Feb 27, 2016
myproperty:
You mean east- west road was repaired

Please don't get me wrong. I just tried to define his statement. I'm not saying hrs right or lying. Roads is 1 of the major problems we have in this country. I don't care who fix it. I'm just tired of bad roads. That's all
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 27, 2016
pinkgoodies:
does it mean the youths are so daft. he said.. "the didn't build a new road" and not rehabilitation of road..... if the did den, name one.... and stop spewing gibberish.

You have to worry for the youths of this country if they cant decipher simple sentences. The future is very very bleak. Look at them in their thousands showing their stupidity on this thread.

Lekki-Falomo link bridge was non existent in the last 5 years. Kaduna-Abuja Rail was non existent before. All these are brand new. they opened up a new corridor to a new neighborhood. That's what constructing a new road means.

So help ask the foo.ls on this thread to name one single new road that was designed, constructed. It means we have no foresight if we are not building new roads and opening up new frontiers. Which we need seriously, if we are to grow.
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by anonimi: 8:08am On Feb 27, 2016
sweetgala:
You may be delighted as I'm sure the limitations of your understanding would allow you, but again cleaning up old rail tracks and what would be considered biannual maintenance in most climes, throwing paint on old existing cars and doing it the upholstery, is not a rail project.

You wey your understanding no get limit, please tell us why Buhari and previous military and civilian Heads of state and president left the rails to rot away UNTIL Jonathan came along.
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2045441_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

I hope you don't have to go to the UK to find the answer to my very simple question oh. grin

You should go to UK and see what is being done at the cross rail project to understand what is meant by a rail project, even small poor Ireland have been able to between December and now lay what is effectually seveela kilometres nof track for the luas citi link to link the two lines.

I'm an engineer forgive me if I fail to be moved by what is less than mediocre. What Jonathan presented was nothing more than a regular repair job, the train system was never dead in Nigeria as it was before it is just not used because it is not effective or attractive as a form of transportation.

Ameachi did not do himself any good either with hosnpoor showing at the monorail project but I'm sure lack of funds was his main undoing what can Jonathan claim, it is up to wike to complete the project is the project ID viable after consulting technical and business SME and stakeholders in the state.

I thought you said your understanding has no limits, but you obviously are clueless about macro-economics and budgeting/finance.
Otherwise you would have realised that the federal administration of Jonathan had a budget that was roughly 10 times that of Amaechi yet had to deal with:

- 143.3 million Nigerians (2006 census) compared to 5.19 million in Rivers i.e. almost 30 times, not so
- Army
- Navy
- Air Force
- Police
- Immigration
- Customs
- Foreign Affairs
- Embassies abroad
- Universities and other tertiary institutions in the 36 states
- etc.

as well as the Boko Haram terrorists.
Yet Amaechi abandoned the small light rail project in PH while Jonathan revived, refurbished, renewed and expanded our rail system.

Kenai:
The Rivers Monorail has already arrived...

And it's about to take off...
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1570278_images-4_jpeg_jpeg2ce038dbd0b51d8e59b0a0d616a6e40b[/img]

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1570371_screenshot_2014-07-23-16-07-14_png29b18d0d659492af789f2e7a9401cc15[/img]

... To outer space.

Mogidi:
He delivered good governance hence his protégé was unsuccessful in his bid to become governor.
Amaechi is high on grade 1 Buhari urine.

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2176448_blnwnnw8aacizd_jpeg9779bf7ffab5eceb3db7af83360bfc0e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1991439_train3_jpeg3394f7b06a6446997d181ab362c1ccbd

Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by emi14: 8:08am On Feb 27, 2016
koboko69:
"A single new road"

And a lot of wailers are already running unclad around the thread.

There is a difference between constructing a new road....and. Rehabilating an existing road.

Its a pity.
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by koboko69: 8:10am On Feb 27, 2016
FlyboyZee:

Okene-Benin is a new road taking you away from the hustle and bustle of Okene Town. If that is not a new road, then please try to define what a new road is? It is a by-pass just like the Benin interchange...
At least u understand ....not like some slowpokes. I also made reference to benin bypass as a new road. I don't know of okene benin...but will research that now
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by chimchim1(m): 8:10am On Feb 27, 2016
ugnmezi:
Another Cheap bloody Lies, let me list dem, the new ones are musa yardua road, eight lanes as long as oshodi apapa expres way if not longer, suleja kubuwa road longer dan oshodi apapa, kano maidugiri linkin 4 states, abuja lokoja road, it is key to note dat some times it cost more to rehabilate roads dan build new ones cos u will need to remove n recover. Hv u heard of mr buldozer in GEJ regime, plz google it.
these re not new roads. I think we have comprehension problems here. He said they did not build a single new road. Meaning all they did was rehabilitation of old roads.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by theMEGAman(m): 8:11am On Feb 27, 2016
PhockPhockMan:
[size=15pt] Is Osinbajo still a pastor?
[/size]
APC have corrupted with lies.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/jonathan-constructed-more-roads-than-any-other-nigerian-president-fashola/
APC leaders is building for our failure come 2019, I am APC member but i realized that we use lie and deceived to gain power, same Patten will push us out of power come 2019 if care is not taken cos hungry people is angry people. God help nigeria to overcome this economy threat.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by WODA: 8:12am On Feb 27, 2016
where is your proof

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by anonimi: 8:15am On Feb 27, 2016
chimchim1:
these re not new roads. I think we have comprehension problems here. He said they did not build a single new road. Meaning all they did was rehabilitation of old roads.

kITATITA:

Should the terrible roads not have been repaired as the Agbaya of Owu did for eight WASTED years?
Would it be sensible to abandon those terrible roads in their sad, murderous state while building new roads just for bragging rights as the Vacant Pastor (VP) is suggesting and your are endorsing above?
Only a zombie would think that way, don't you agree
Yet we complain of the lack of MAINTENANCE culture in our society, not so?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837478_apczombie_jpeg18e83b86a22c6378b2e3f37984ea3432
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 27, 2016
johnmartus:
not far from truth. all the roads we are witness today was constructed by military government
Pls shut up if you have nothing meaningful to say
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by Orosotare(m): 8:16am On Feb 27, 2016
PhockPhockMan:
[/size]

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/jonathan-constructed-more-roads-than-any-other-nigerian-president-fashola/

i will never believe dis buffoon is a man of GOD
this is end time lie by the bufoon (osibanjo)
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by myproperty(m): 8:16am On Feb 27, 2016
omolola15:

Please don't get me wrong. I just tried to define his statement. I'm not saying hrs right or lying. Roads is 1 of the major problems we have in this country. I don't care who fix it. I'm just tired of bad roads. That's all
I agree with you. I do not even see anything wrong between constructing new roads and making existing roads that are hitherto not motor-able to be motor-able

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by vRendoh(m): 8:20am On Feb 27, 2016

APC is all LIES!!!
on the foundation of LIES it was built!
APC will DIE alone with her LIES!
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by Orosotare(m): 8:22am On Feb 27, 2016
PhockPhockMan:
[/size]

i will never believe dis buffoon is a man of GOD
this is end time lie by the bufoon (osibanjo)
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by AfroKnight: 8:25am On Feb 27, 2016
This why you guys fail exams. You should read/listen to understand and not just to retort.

Now, to buttress the points of the Professor.

The number of vehicle owners (and vehicles) in Nigeria has grown since 1999. We obviously need NEW roads. It is no longer enough to repair the existing ones and sit down as if you have achieved something great. I wonder why you guys celebrate mediocrity. Road rehabilitation and repair are routine activities of any responsible government.

The need for new roads for shorter travel cannot be overemphasized. Just like rehabilitating a general hospital cannot be compared to building more hospitals. We need more infrastructure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by Nobody: 8:29am On Feb 27, 2016
anonimi:

Should the terrible roads not have been repaired as the Agbaya of Owu did for eight WASTED years?
Would it be sensible to abandon those terrible roads in their sad, murderous state while building new roads just for bragging rights as the Vacant Pastor (VP) is suggesting and your are endorsing above?
Only a zombie would think that way, don't you agree
Yet we complain of the lack of MAINTENANCE culture in our society, not so?

If you didn't use all your time in school to learn insults, you'll have learned comprehension as well. Nobody is saying the bad roads should be abandoned. But if you don't build new roads you won't open up the hinterland and the cities would be choked with growing population. How many hours did it take you to drive from Marina Lagos to Epe ten years ago? And how long does it take now? The VP made a statement of fact, he didn't vilify anyone. He didn't call names. He wanted the Church to partner in development.
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by folahann(m): 8:34am On Feb 27, 2016
I weep for my country. The youths have no direction. All they're interested in now is to seize the least opportunity to rain abuses and vomit venom.

Ordinary to read a 10-line article have become difficult these days. How do you comprehend if you don't read it.

What the vice president simply said was building of completely new roads and not repairing existing ones. If you think new roads have been built, just mention a virgin forest that was opened up to give way for a tarred road. That simple.
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by edonks1: 8:34am On Feb 27, 2016
But his minister of works Fashola testified that Jonathan constructed more roads. Vice president do not erode ur small trust

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by anonimi: 8:34am On Feb 27, 2016
kITATITA:
If you didn't use all your time in school to learn insults, you'll have learned comprehension as well. Nobody is saying the bad roads should be abandoned. But if you don't build new roads you won't open up the hinterland and the cities would be choked with growing population. How many hours did it take you to drive from Marina Lagos to Epe ten years ago? And how long does it take now? The VP made a statement of fact, he didn't vilify anyone. He didn't call names. He wanted the Church to partner in development.

Keep digging yourself further into your own grave. I will help you along gladly grin
Was there NO road whatsoever linking Marina to Epe, 10 years ago?
Was the road not rehabilitated and EXPANDED/DUALISED to cater for more vehicles and growing population generally

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3340066_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by Laredojohn(m): 8:35am On Feb 27, 2016
sweetgala:

Okay, you do know the difference between a new road and a reconstructed road, or updated road.

Another aspect to examine is the ideao that both Yar'adua and GEKt only executed projects and contracts OBJ had signed and therefore cannot lay claim to it.

OBJ had alluded to this same fact more than once in the past makes it a somewhat valid fact
I get ur point that building roads from the scratch is different from, maintaining , rehabilitating, anyways that's y am abit non judgmental about his claims, anyways, time will tell on all these claims, am not just happy that the blame game is taking preeminent than actions for this present administration, we all know things were bad, we no longer need to be reminded as every slightest opportunity of Government officials. Anyways let's all hope for the best in this Administration.
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by rolchi(m): 8:36am On Feb 27, 2016
kITATITA:

I passed through the East West Road two years ago and I saw serious work in progress. But it is not an entirely new Road.

Did you pass through the E/W Road 15 years ago?

Now, who will go to start building a "new" E/W Road when he can 'cheaply' remedy or upgrade or expand or dualize or repair the existing E/W Road?

Please, show just show us where a 'new' road is required to connect states in Nigeria?

Sir, when you hear that a road is being 'dualized', it means you are building a completely new traffic lane. Now consider it...what is it called, if not a new road?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by anonimi: 8:37am On Feb 27, 2016
AfroKnight:
Road rehabilitation and repair are routine activities of any responsible government.

Thank you for letting us know that the Agbaya of Owu, who is the APC navigator and Adviser Plenipotentiary to Buhari led an IRRESPONSIBLE federal administration for eight years.
Thanks.

Obasanjo endorses APC moves, as party leadership visit Abeokuta
22.Dec 2013

The push by the opposition, All Progressives Congress, APC to dislodge the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP received a boost yesterday as former President Olusegun Obasanjo openly threw his weight behind the APC’s current initiatives.
The APC leadership, comprising some national leaders and governors visited him Obasanjo in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital on Saturday to solicit the former president’s support for the party in the forthcoming elections.
The party leaders, which started converging on Obasanjo’s Hilltop Mansion around 5:22pm, included former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the party’s Interim National Chairman, Bisi Akande; former Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari; former speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Masari; former Borno State governor, Senator Ali Modu-Sheriff; Senator Osita Isunazor; Senator Bukola Saraki and Lai Mohammed.
Governor Murtala Nyako of Adamawa State came to the former president’s house in company with the former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commissioin, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu; the former minister of aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode and others in a convoy of three black jeeps.
Other APC governors at the meeting included Rochas Okorocha (Imo), Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun), Abdulfattah Ahmed (Kwara), Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers), Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano) and Senator Abiola Ajimobi (Oyo).
The Chairman of the New PDP, Kawu Baraje led some of his members and the former Kaduna State Chairman, Yero Makama, to the meeting.
Presenting the party chieftains and the APC governors to Obasanjo during the opening of the meeting, Akande said the party was in support of the former president’s 18-page letter to President Goodluck Jonathan.
The APC National Leader, Tinubu who alluded to Obasanjo’s contribution to the building of the Nigerian nation, lamented that the country was divided more than ever.
Apparently referring to Obasanjo’s recent letter to Jonathan, he enjoined the former president not to shy away from speaking the truth.
Tinubu added that the APC had resolved to rescue Nigeria, appealing to Obasanjo to lead the mission.
“You’ve come out of tribulation and held the highest position in this country. We are here because of your courage. Nobody can say he has information more than you. You have surmounted a number of crises. Nigeria is divided more than before; to realise stable Nigeria, we want to encourage you to continue to speak the truth. We’re resolved and determined to rescue Nigeria. We want you as navigator,” he said.

Source: http://newmail-ng.com/new/obasanjo-endorses-apc-moves-as-party-leadership-visit-abeokuta/

Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by B2mario(m): 8:38am On Feb 27, 2016
omolola15:

Those roads were not new roads. They were just repaired. I think thats what the VP meant with his statement

what of the new ones GEJ constructed through SURE-P? Lets stop lying. APC is not giving us the expected change rather lying, deceit, tribalism, indiscriminate killing of people that voted them into power.

Ok, now, pastor accepted that GEJ administration worked on the existing ones, and the question is, when a dilapidated road is singled lane and you dualised it to double or four lanes with adjoining bye-passes, what can you call the road?

Old or new?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by silvernus0: 8:40am On Feb 27, 2016
/
/
/
/
/
Must politician lie to stay relivant ?

He did not mention obasanjo because he is in the camp , politicians are not still telling the truth. As a true politician who wants to move the

country forward you must tell the truth.

Have you been to the north to see the universities and and schools built by the past regime?

so there were no roads leading to this infrastructures?

You Must NOT LIE TO STAY RELEVANT, THIS IS A HABIT I DISLIKE ABOUT THE APC REGIME, AM JUST IN LOVE WITH BUHARI

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by Kold(m): 8:42am On Feb 27, 2016
PhockPhockMan:
[/size]

It is either some people cannot read or lazy to properly digest information. The quote attributed to Fashola is a lie. If you read properly, Minister of State, Adeyeye was a minister under Jonathan and not Buhari. It was not Fashola that said this but a minister under Jonathan. This is junk news from a junk website.
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by anonimi: 8:42am On Feb 27, 2016
B2mario:
what of the new ones GEJ constructed through SURE-P? Lets stop lying. APC is not giving us the expected change rather lying, deceit, tribalism, indiscriminate killing of people that voted them into power.

Ok, now, pastor accepted that GEJ administration worked on the existing ones, and the question is, when a dilapidated road is singled lane and you dualised it to double or four lanes with adjoining bye-passes, what can you call the road?

Old or new?

They will call it old-new road grin cheesy
No mind these APCshit followers that have allowed the jazz broom sweep out their thinking faculties. angry shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2162677_img20150225204321edit_jpeg56bb1cb2db278f716bb3a9df7c4cd726

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) / Dino: Oshiomole Patronizes Benin Prostitutes; Tinubu Has 5 Children From 4 Women / President Muhammadu Buhari Estate In Ogun State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.