Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. (52222 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable / Rains Disturbed Edo For Seven Years, That’s Why We Didn’t Build Roads –oshiomole / Names Of Those Who Made 2nd Ministerial List - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 27, 2016
sweetgala:

Therefore can the road be concluded to be new, the answer remains no.
THATS WHAT WE CALL TRANSFORMATION. HE TRANSFORMED THE BAD ROADS TO A BRAND NEW ONES. SO SWEET!
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by babestella: 8:45am On Feb 27, 2016
Our God is indeed a merciful God. In the days of Moses, the short midget called VP would had been stricken by a strong thunder that he'll be burnt beyond recognition.

Osinbajo is as fraudulent and deceitful as his party APC.
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by gtrader: 8:51am On Feb 27, 2016
This man is turning to something else. So all the federal roads that was built 8 years ago was done by who? I need better change.
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by Kold(m): 8:52am On Feb 27, 2016
edonks1:
But his minister of works Fashola testified that Jonathan constructed more roads. Vice president do not erode ur small trust

The quote attributed to Fashola is a lie. If you read properly, Minister of State, Adeyeye was a minister under Jonathan and not Buhari. It was not Fashola that said this but a minister under Jonathan. This is junk news from a junk website.
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by Kold(m): 8:53am On Feb 27, 2016
hartopher76:
fashola will and tell us that gej built the highest number of roads in nigeria, osibanjo will tell us that non was built by gej so who among them is saying the truth.

The quote attributed to Fashola is a lie. If you read properly, Minister of State, Adeyeye was a minister under Jonathan and not Buhari. It was not Fashola that said this but a minister under Jonathan. This is junk news from a junk website.
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by silvernus0: 8:57am On Feb 27, 2016

APC LIE AND DECEIT TECHNIQUE WILL SOON CATCH UP WITH APC
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by Laid2001: 9:02am On Feb 27, 2016
All you mentioned are existing roads that were rehabilitated and or upgraded.
Mention one NEW road if the VP is wrong.
ugnmezi:
Another Cheap bloody Lies, let me list dem, the new ones are musa yardua road, eight lanes as long as oshodi apapa expres way if not longer, suleja kubuwa road longer dan oshodi apapa, kano maidugiri linkin 4 states, abuja lokoja road, it is key to note dat some times it cost more to rehabilate roads dan build new ones cos u will need to remove n recover. Hv u heard of mr buldozer in GEJ regime, plz google it.
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by Menzy86(m): 9:04am On Feb 27, 2016
"build a single road" is different from expanding or mending potholes. Comprehension is really a problem for people.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by fortune1968: 9:10am On Feb 27, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

First name the new roads Jonathan failed to construct.
I'm sure DT you don't understand what you are saying.or English is your problem .
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by kingsamosy(m): 9:14am On Feb 27, 2016
Bubu is the minister of petroleum, so Osibanjo is clearly eyeing the seat for minister of information. Lie Mohammad has coached him well. Pastor abeg fear God.
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by anwo247: 9:16am On Feb 27, 2016
Haba Commissioner Osibande ....

Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by emoo4: 9:18am On Feb 27, 2016
koboko69:
"A single new road"

And a lot of wailers are already running unclad around the thread.

There is a difference between constructing a new road....and. Rehabilating an existing road.

Its a pity.
bros even front of my house was tarred.single road ke? can he say such, how did he confirm it. he come add yaradua. na was o
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by ebenholer(m): 9:20am On Feb 27, 2016
Fine, new roads were not built by previous government but fairly renovated the already built ones. OK, it means d present govt has a strong move to build new roads. Oh it will be joyous but yet still don't we have to get the already built ones right by repairing them?
We are strongly expecting this present govt to get things right this time, this should be our prayers, not to be filled with criticism as that won't take us anywhere. Thinks Nigerians
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by Emmieakon1(m): 9:21am On Feb 27, 2016
I tink APC shld rather be ACP meaning All Confused People, cos dey Dnt jst prove to us dt dey av no plans, dey r jst confirming it dat dey r all confused being dt cn not just plan nor tink straight...
I bet Osinbajo as it names implies will turn out worst liar than bro Lie Muhammad, nd I wish he doesn't "ko Osi ba Ijo" because if as a Xtian Nd a pastor he can be dis dull nd lyin type, den less ho hope 4 d future ooo.
In case he has no example, I will tel him just 1, he's 4rm Lagos, so he shld know beta.. Lagos Ibadan Xpress road, is nt just widened, BT reconstructed by Jonathan, dt was d same road Obasanjo culd nt do 2ru out his regime.
Lastly, wat appens to Fashola comment abt Jonathan nd road construction?. APC shld learn, its not a must u paint sme1 black al because u want to be White.. Its a sign of irresponsible nd immaturity.. Learn to accept wat u cn change nd change wat u can.. No mata ur statement abt Jona, u cnt change him nor our views abt him...
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by JurassicPark: 9:21am On Feb 27, 2016
koboko69:
"A single new road"

There is a difference between constructing a new road....and. Rehabilating an existing road.

Its a pity.

Who in his right senses will construct a new road with countless numbers of dilapidated major roads?

It is not every comment that is being made has sense in it no matter how 'technically' you guys tend to sound!

We have to be empirical in our thinking before feeding the public with baseless lies about the previous administration.

Can you guys get down to work and leave the previous regime alone?

Reality over Technicality pleaseee!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 27, 2016
They might not have started brand new roads but i know some that were completed during their time..... which means they can also take credit for those roads....
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by Mrjo(m): 9:26am On Feb 27, 2016
Thats why polities is nt good for born again christain, 10 years? Obj included
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by blazer234: 9:29am On Feb 27, 2016
johnmartus:
not far from truth. all the roads we are witness today was constructed by military government

You are a lier. Ife-ibadan express way was constructed by obj. How can you blindly generalize like that
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by ages2020: 9:31am On Feb 27, 2016
rolams:
Dis man can lie! Oooooo.k he's a liar- lawyer. Lawyers can lie. APC are professional liars. Now c d combination -LAWYER+APC= LIAR.

. You`ve concluded it ..........
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by yatty4emmanuel(m): 9:41am On Feb 27, 2016
fashola will and tell us that gej built the highest number of roads in nigeria, osibanjo will tell us that non was built by gej so who among them is saying the truth.
(Quote) (Report ) 146 Likes (Like ) 11

fashola
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by ayodele2012(m): 9:46am On Feb 27, 2016
am ashame dt many comentator cant comprehend simple english because dey av bin beclouded by tribal bigotry nd sentiment,dere is distinct diff btw building "news" road nd reabilitatin "existin" ones.
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by anwo247: 9:50am On Feb 27, 2016
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by onunwa21(m): 9:53am On Feb 27, 2016
BRING BACK OUR CORRUPTION!!!
With Corruption a bag of pure water was N70
Without Corruption a bag of pure water is N150
With Corruption dollar was N180
Without Corruption dollar is N400
With Corruption I have 9hrs electricity at low tariff
Without Corruption I have 10 mins electricity
with 45% increase in tariff
With Corruption keke to my house takes N50
Without Corruption keke to my house takes N100
With Corruption smallest indomie was N35
Without Corruption smallest indomie is N50
The list can go on and on but I just have to end it and take a
stand......
# IStandWithCorruption
# Bringbackourcorruption .
# BuharibringbackNigeria .
# Bringbacknaira.
If with Corruption Dollar was N180 and without Corruption
Dollar is now N425,
Brother and Sisters, you will agree with me that we need
corruption in this country...
Titus Sardine started with 4 fishes, it reduced to 3. Then
now it's 2.
In years to come, you'll open Sardine and see..... "Try Again"
Don't quote me o,... is copy I copy it
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by bennychuks: 10:01am On Feb 27, 2016
OSIBANJO OSIBANJO OSIBANJO there is God oh
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by lawrsmith(m): 10:01am On Feb 27, 2016
Longeria:
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo on Friday said that the federal government did not build “a single new road” in the last 10 years.

The late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua and former President Goodluck Jonathan presided over the country within that period.

Speaking at the pastors and leaders retreat of the Fountain of Life Church in Ilupeju, Lagos, Osinbajo said corruption in the country was not caused because by a few individuals, but that the entire system was built around lack of integrity.

He expressed confidence that the country would be great again but noted that the foundation for the greatness had to be laid with a lot of pains.

“Unless we tackle graft, we may not be able to achieve something,” he said.

“The federal government in the past 10 years could not build a single new road, not repairing existing ones alone.

“Now we have a president who will not steal money and who will not allow anybody to steal money.”

Commenting on the N6 billion that the last administration spent on a new residence for the vice-president, he said Aguda House, the current official residence, is up to standard with enough space.

He said the present administration would complete it but consider putting it to other use.

“There is no need for a new vice-president’s house; it is a kind of waste; we are now in a situation where we cannot abandon it; it has to be completed and used for a different thing,” he said.

Osinbajo also spoke on the controversy surrounding the State House Medical Centre, which he said was not only for workers at the state house.

He said it is a general hospital with a lot of facilities that serves all Nigerians, adding that he would prefer that it be further equipped to provide higher medical services to those in need.

Osinbajo debunked insinuation of lack of data in the country, saying that the Nigeria Bureau of Statistics had enormous which had been rated highly by the World Bank and other international agencies.

He said the intention of government was to aggregate the scattered data in INEC, CBN, National Population Census Commission into one by the National Identity Card Management Commission.

Osinbajo also said the education sector lacked not only standards but adequacy of institutions, which has forced Nigerians into sponsoring their children abroad for tertiary education.

He explained that while 1.8 million Nigerians sat for university entrance examination yearly, only about 300,000 were offered admission due to a dearth of universities.

The vice-president revealed plans of the government to convert many of the existing universities into centres of excellence and support the private sector in the running of universities to enable more Nigerians to have access to tertiary education.

Before responding to questions, Osinbajo said that what the country needs is truth and integrity, which the church should spearhead.

“The church is where the truth is; the church has the answer to the nation’s problems; one of the problems of our society is integrity,” he said.

“Nigeria lacks the capacity to get things done, which is difficult to understand, but with God on our side, our country will set the pace for Africa”.

“Our people are ready to do it and they can do it but they are waiting for the right kind of leadership. I know why you are praying for us, and it is because you know that this is a good opportunity to get it right and we don’t want to miss this chance.”

Taiwo Odukoya, senior pastor of the church, asked Christians to continue to pray for the administration as Nigeria has a great future.

https://www.thecable.ng/osinbajo-gej-yaradua-didnt-build-a-single-road
even you pastor osinbajo? you have joined the team of liars? what will you preach to your congregation? no wonder they say bad company corrupt the good manner. professor in lieyalogy.
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by B2mario(m): 10:03am On Feb 27, 2016
kennethchidi:
Wchever way.........
BRING BACK OUR "CORRUPTION", AND TAKE BACK YOUR "CHANGE"!!!With Corruption a bag of pure water was N80. Without Corruption a bag of pure water is N150With Corruption dollar was N180Without Corruption dollar is N400With Corruption I have 20hrs electricity at low tariffWithout Corruption I have 7hrs electricitywith 45% increase in tariffWith Corruption keke to my house takes N50Without Corruption keke to my house takes N100WithCorruption smallest indomie was N40Without Corruption smallest indomie is N60The list can go on and on but I just have to end it and take a stand......# IStandWithCorruption#Bringbackourcorruption.#BuharibringbackNigeria.#Bringbacknaira.If with Corruption Dollar was N180 and without Corruption Dollar is now N325,Brother and Sisters, you will agree with me that we need corruption in this country...Titus Sardine started with 4 fishes, it reduced to 3. Then now it's 2.In years to come, you'll open Sardine and see "Try Again"

My brother I tire for this corruption propaganda ooo

with corruption, fuel was sold at d rate of N87 with steady supply and equal distribution to all parts of Nigeria, without corruption, fuel is N120 with scarce supply and uneven distribution which brought about hike in price of transport system. With corruption, state monthly allocation from federation account was increased averagely to N4billion but without corruption it has be reduced to N1.4 billion causing hardship to Nigerians. With corruption, the state govts were able to pay salaries and maintain the 18% minimum wage introduced by federal govt. Without corruption, some state govt are owing 10months salaries and even agitating to stop the 18% minimum wage. With corruption, FG built 9 new federal universities and refurbished the existing ones, increased allocation to education, without corruption, non and reduced education allocation. With corruption, political appointment was distributed evenly, without corruption, 75% of the appointment is given to the North. With corruption, there is stability in govt policies between federal executive council and national assembly, without corruption, there is Chaos where the president wants to use Veto power and influence the NA.... To be continue

APC should stop this their blame game and start work. We need change that was told to us by them, not this political propaganda of blame and corruption.

Obasanjo did not blame Babangida, Abacha or abdusallam as his inability to deliver rather he consolidated on his Vision 20:20.

Yaradua did not blame Obasanjo, rather he introduced his 7point Agenda and tried to actualise it if not death.

GEJ did not blame Yaradua or Obasanjo rather he started work immediately to finished Yaradua laid 7point agenda and introduced his transformation agenda.

So where is APC taking us with this blame propaganda?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by Montaque(m): 10:08am On Feb 27, 2016
I don't think there is a place in nigeria that there is no road to.
Which makes it better to put those road to use than to build new ones.
Propaganda is what the VP is engaged in. There are roads in nigeria that are key. you can't leave a road like sokoto,kebbi- Jega road to build another one, you can only put it to good condition. same with lokoja to abuja road. So for me, new roads are not The necessity, it's just desirable.
By The way, what has the Apc built since if not upon what was before.
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by searchcorp(m): 10:09am On Feb 27, 2016
koboko69:
"A single new road"

Its a pity.

God bless you. You seem to be the only person who read through the thread.
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by tuscani: 10:12am On Feb 27, 2016
Why is this pastor skewing the truth ?. Lets yar adua and jonathan did not construct any road, but i know i have been seeing NEMA and julius begger working on roads all over in Nigeria sinc 2007 till 2016. so who was responsible for such work.? also if they did not construct any road, at least they rehabilitated some roads, because I saw julius begger and other contractors working. on these roads.
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by ImpactWorld(m): 10:17am On Feb 27, 2016
This is why a pastor should not be in politics
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by B2mario(m): 10:22am On Feb 27, 2016
lookandlaff:

Nigerians call themselves educated, they read but don't understand. Osinbajo said Jonathan did not build any NEW roads, repairing existing roads is not building a new road so both Fashola and Osinbajo are right. Jonathan repaired more roads than OBJ ....I don't even know if OBJ repaired any road during his time.

OBASANJO repaired many, Mr. APC defender. Obasanjo re-opened 3rd mainland bridge, Obasanjo dualised Onitsha-Owerri road, Obasanjo rehabilitated Enugu-Portharcourt expressway, Obasanjo rehabilitated shagamu-lagos and Ota-lagos expressway.

Obasanjo rehabilitated Abuja and gave Abuja new master-plan, have you forgotten Demolition in FCT during Obasanjo regime and El'Rufai as FCT minister?

It was Obasanjo that initiated NDDC that built many roads in the region. And he also worked on East-west road.
Re: Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. by Chukazu: 10:23am On Feb 27, 2016
johnmartus:
not far from truth. all the roads we are witness today was constructed by military government

If it's not far from the truth...it has not gotten to the truth... it is not the truth then

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) / Dino: Oshiomole Patronizes Benin Prostitutes; Tinubu Has 5 Children From 4 Women / Photos Of Chris Ngige's House In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.