Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,162 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) (63858 Views)

Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card / A Live Alligator For Harvest Thanksgiving In Anglican Church, Warri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 28, 2016
ayusco85:

are u living a sinless life?
Am not saying that am living a sinless life but it is biblically standard for christians.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by dasparrow: 3:03pm On Feb 28, 2016
ayusco85:

are u living a sinless life?

You have no respect for God. Keep deliberately sinning by test driving and creating soul ties in the spiritual realm up and down the place. Sex is a spiritual bond and you become spiritually bound to anyone you have sex with. If a woman has 7 demons in her, they get transferred to you once you sleep with her. You will keep test driving and attracting demonic forces into your life. No wonder many Nigerians are living a poverty-stricken life because they have derailed their destinies through pre-marital sex. With all the test-driving people like you advocate, many Nigerian marriages remain miserable while others eventually break up. Desist from trying to play God. There is more to life than merging your private part with another. Don't let lust lead you down the path to eternal damnation.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by guyXander(m): 3:07pm On Feb 28, 2016
NobleAngell:
No excuse for immorality but also both parties should bare the punishment. She didn't get herself preggy. And asking her to put on a black wedding dress is craaaaaayyyyyzi.
The reason they wear white is not because they just like the colour.
It's significant.
It stands for virginity of the woman.
Now, the man's Virginity is not celebrated
And can't even be verified.
That's y he wears black suit.
Ever see men complain?

You can't come to the house of God to deceive people that you're still a virgin.
You no be virgin so forget virgin gown and wear non-virgin gown.
QED.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by thorpido(m): 3:11pm On Feb 28, 2016
daretodiffer:

I don't day there were.

Church wedding is a Western practice. A white Christian would put on a white wedding dress for her marriage. The only wedding they are going to have would be in the church.

The couples are African Christians. They will have to do two weddings to satisfy the traditional and Western requirements. It is Western because there is no biblical reference to mandate a wedding in a church. It was passed on to us during colonisation.

However this is Africa. We can adopt some foreign cultures and practices if they are better than ours however when there are indigenous non-harmful alternatives, we should adopt them instead of embarrassing ourselves. We should stop trying to do the same thing twice because we want to satisfy western tradition and foreign traditions.

There is no law or sound logic that would tell me that a pastor cannot officiate a traditional wedding. It doesn't have to be in the church. Look at most islamic weddings, they are the fusion of both. The Imam comes, do his thing and sits. They continue with the occasion.

It's possible to have an officiating minister at a traditional marriage so there's no need for wastage of funds conducting two ceremonies.People should consider that and save money.It even erases the question of waiting for weeks before the white wedding.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by menxer: 3:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
Smh

This is a non issue.
Who made it mandatory for brides to wear white and groom black?

What if the bride chooses to wear purple or pink?

There is nothing like humiliating the bride and groom going scot free, are they not "a couple"? The couple is humiliated.

The actual wedding ceremony took place two months prior, meaning the marriage is two months old from date of traditional wedding. If I were the groom I wouldn't even bother.

so the couple should abort the pregnancy because of wearing white gown?
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by ayusco85(m): 3:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
dasparrow:

You have no respect for God. Keep deliberately sinning by test driving and creating soul ties in the spiritual realm up and down the place. Sex is a spiritual bond and you become spiritually bound to anyone you have sex with. If a woman has 7 demons in her, they get transferred to you once you sleep with her. You will keep test driving and attracting demonic forces into your life. No wonder many Nigerians are living a poverty-stricken life because they have derailed their destinies through pre-marital sex. With all the test-driving people like you advocate, many Nigerian marriages remain miserable while others eventually break up. Desist from trying to play God. There is more to life than merging your private part with another. Don't let lust lead you down the path to eternal damnation.

and the ones that didnt test run are still perfect right? as usual nigerians claiming holier than thou. kwantinue

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by ayusco85(m): 3:23pm On Feb 28, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Am not saying that am living a sinless life but it is biblically standard for christians.

and how many biblical standard practices are christians abiding by?

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by habsydiamond(m): 4:05pm On Feb 28, 2016
Is it in the bible that when a lady is pregnant for two week na yellow wedding gown she go wear, two months go be pink or blue and nine months go be red wedding gown. Ye ye rules wey no exist.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by hero2000: 4:07pm On Feb 28, 2016
Jamean:

Now, what is fornication?
Sexual intercourse between a man and woman who are not married to each other.

Are the couple above married? Yes they are, in fact very married by the virtue of their traditional wedding 2 months ago.

What is right and what is wrong?

Church wedding is not written anywhere in the Bible, it's only a western culture that is fastly becoming Christian doctrine and binding people in extremism.

The wedding at Cana in the Bible was a traditional wedding, that of Jacob to Leah and later Rebecca were also traditional weddings et al. What is the aim? to honor the family of the bride as she is not Oduduwa that came from the sky neither did the Pastor or Priest give birth to her.

You can go inquire from the holy spirit, the moment a man pays a woman's dowry and fulfill all other requirements as stated by tradition or family the law against fornication is suspended in the spiritual realm for them.

As much as I am a Christian and believer, I frown at the fact that the church still considers a couple who has done only traditional marriage as not befitting to have sex. I have seen a couple wait for 5years after traditional wedding and leaving apart because they couldn't afford church wedding yet. I beg to differ; aren't they married.

I don't believe there's any negative consequence of not doing church wedding as I believe it's only to honor religion and for proper Christian home building counseling prior to the wedding. It's worse that these days they now add Sunday for thanksgiving.

1 Cor 10:23 All things are lawful [that is, morally legitimate, permissible], but not all things are beneficial or
advantageous. What is the benefit of Church wedding as you can still be counseled without ceremony?

People will justify this act by saying they werenot forced to do church wedding. Let's learn to deal with things from the root and not surface level.

The church is going too extreme, and the moment a thin line isn't drawn we move from reverence to Idolatry.

Believers should add knowledge to their zeal.

I agree with you on many things you wrote about. However as many people have said if she knew she couldn't fulfil the rules by the church she wanted to get married in she should not have gone their.

Traditional marriage qualifies them for sexual relationship but gives them little legal standing. So in order to get govt marriage certificate, it is either Church wedding or registry wedding.

In our society, church weddings have more honour than registry wedding. So if she wanted the honour of Church wedding she needed to be without child.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by NobleAngell(f): 4:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
guyXander:

The reason they wear white is not because they just like the colour.
It's significant.
It stands for virginity of the woman.
Now, the man's Virginity is not celebrated
And can't even be verified.
That's y he wears black suit.
Ever see men complain?

You can't come to the house of God to deceive people that you're still a virgin.
You no be virgin so forget virgin gown and wear non-virgin gown.
QED.
Am sorry is that biblical?
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Achirimma(f): 4:29pm On Feb 28, 2016
RoyalBlak007:

they just.....

couldnt wait till "wedding night" grin
Did you read where they said her trad was done 2 months back? It simply means her bride price has been paid and her body already belongs to her husband...so which one is "couldn't wait till wedding night"?
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Rejoice5000(f): 4:37pm On Feb 28, 2016
Say no to sex before marriage @ post Gods gift added no sorrow but joy ok:obey Gods word first ad leave impotent this or that under his care:Gods word is true:
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by megley(f): 4:59pm On Feb 28, 2016
I Don't get it. What's the sin? I'm guessing the fornication that led to pregnancy and not the pregnancy.

The church should have looked for a way to determine if they had sex before marriage and "punish" them accordingly.

Pregnancy is only a fallout of the sin. Are they saying that its okay to do the do As long as it doesn't result in pregnancy?

That's what it seems like and that's whack!

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by veeluv2015(f): 5:20pm On Feb 28, 2016
But they're already married traditionally for Christ's sake. The church shoulda spared them. Haba. By d way, d pregnancy isnt obvious yet. Them try
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Rexology: 5:44pm On Feb 28, 2016
divinehand2003:
White, yellow, green, pink, Brown or grey, wedding is wedding.
A time is coming when the white wedding gown will be outdated.
lol... my green, red, pink, blue, orange, purple, black... wedding.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by derecho(m): 6:52pm On Feb 28, 2016
Jamean:

Now, what is fornication?
Sexual intercourse between a man and woman who are not married to each other.

Are the couple above married? Yes they are, in fact very married by the virtue of their traditional wedding 2 months ago.

What is right and what is wrong?

Church wedding is not written anywhere in the Bible, it's only a western culture that is fastly becoming Christian doctrine and binding people in extremism.

The wedding at Cana in the Bible was a traditional wedding, that of Jacob to Leah and later Rebecca were also traditional weddings et al. What is the aim? to honor the family of the bride as she is not Oduduwa that came from the sky neither did the Pastor or Priest give birth to her.

You can go inquire from the holy spirit, the moment a man pays a woman's dowry and fulfill all other requirements as stated by tradition or family the law against fornication is suspended in the spiritual realm for them.

As much as I am a Christian and believer, I frown at the fact that the church still considers a couple who has done only traditional marriage as not befitting to have sex. I have seen a couple wait for 5years after traditional wedding and leaving apart because they couldn't afford church wedding yet. I beg to differ; aren't they married.

I don't believe there's any negative consequence of not doing church wedding as I believe it's only to honor religion and for proper Christian home building counseling prior to the wedding. It's worse that these days they now add Sunday for thanksgiving.

1 Cor 10:23 All things are lawful [that is, morally legitimate, permissible], but not all things are beneficial or
advantageous. What is the benefit of Church wedding as you can still be counseled without ceremony

The church is going too extreme, and the moment a thin line isn't drawn we move from reverence to Idolatry.

Believers should add knowledge to their zeal.
Why no cancel the "ceremony" if it's unnecessary?
I'm almost sure it's this girl that will insist on church wedding but can't keep the rules.Abi,dem rape am.
Abeg free the church jor,she no happy say dem no cancel the wedding sef.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by derecho(m): 7:00pm On Feb 28, 2016
veeluv2015:
But they're already married traditionally for Christ's sake. The church shoulda spared them. Haba. By d way, d pregnancy isnt obvious yet. Them try
So they should look the other way because it's not noticeable abi?Later,pple will say pastors are liars.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by captianfreeman(m): 7:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
goldbim:
you dnt knw??consult nairaland warri dictionary.lol.
Can I get warri dictionary in books store or online? I really want to know the meaning of this word. It sound nice to me. Ghenshed
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by goldbim(f): 7:21pm On Feb 28, 2016
captianfreeman:

Can I get warri dictionary in books store or online? I really want to know the meaning of this word. It sound nice to me. Ghenshed
yes naa.google is your friend grin.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by lawisong(m): 7:48pm On Feb 28, 2016
This ikebe go put u for trouble. Ooooo ikebe.....
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by freshkik(m): 7:51pm On Feb 28, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Even by the rules, the church is encouraging fornication especially as they don't conduct virginity test on the couples. Now tell me is all bride that wear white that are pure? It's not as if I support sex before marriage, why is the church not conducting virginity test instead of focusing on pregnancy?
oga, so by not conducting virginity test, the church is encouraging fornication? From the little i know, n heard, virginity test, is usually done, mostly when there is a rape/forced sex case, meaning its done in extreme situations, if the church decide to impose that, it will be total discrimination against the female gender.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by boomii(f): 7:53pm On Feb 28, 2016
1. It is supposed to be marriage blessing not a "marriage ceremony". For this the couple are supposed to say "I did" because they already joined

2. The colours for marriage blessing is not white but any other colour.

3. It's not compulsory to go ahead with the wedding plan, everyone has a choice.

4. Some churches will tell you during marriage counselling that pregnancy test will be done. So why did she go ahead.

Church weddings are never a do and die affair, so why complain
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 28, 2016
freshkik:
oga, so by not conducting virginity test, the church is encouraging fornication? From the little i know, n heard, virginity test, is usually done, mostly when there is a rape/forced sex case, meaning its done in extreme situations, if the church decide to impose that, it will be total discrimination against the female gender.
The colour of dress being put on by the bride isn't discrimination right? The church is just being hypocritical as they don't even have scriptural backing to back such laws infact it is their doctrine not from the bible. The only marriage recognized both in heaven and earth is the traditional wedding were both parents agree to bless their their children and a form of dowry is paid.Any other form of wedding isn't scriptural and should be condemn. I blame the foolish couple especially the bride that insist on wedding in the church just to show off when she knew about her church's doctrine.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by freshkik(m): 9:08pm On Feb 28, 2016
asuustrike2009:

The colour of dress being put on by the bride isn't discrimination right? The church is just being hypocritical as they don't even have scriptural backing to back such laws infact it is their doctrine not from the bible. The only marriage recognized both in heaven and earth is the traditional wedding were both parents agree to bless their their children and a form of dowry is paid.Any other form of wedding isn't scriptural and should be condemn. I blame the foolish couple especially the bride that insist on wedding in the church just to show off when she knew about her church's doctrine.
i understand ur point of view but what I'll want you to understand is that there are rules (some strict, some lenient) in each institution weda we all read from the same bible does not change that.... For example some churches allow trousers and exposed hair for females & some others don't, even isis fights n oga Dangote study the same quran, but 1 hate western education, the other embrace it... N each set of ppl from this 2 examples, will point to their holy book n show u y dey believe wot they believe.... So u pointing to the bible wont change dat fact
.... there are just 2 options, obey their rules or leave and find another option if u cant.
From the Op's write up, u ll notice the church even told the couple bout it some days b4 d occasion, so they had the option to cancel it if they wanted (weddings have bin halted the morning of the wedding, so itz nt a new thing)... But they didnt, meaning they have settle their mind on that already, dunno y the op, is ranting here, abi she want make the Anglican communion's worldwide set rules should be changed bcoz of ur frnd, smh...... If the thing they hungry her frnd, it think the better option is for them to use condom....... I know of an Anglican bishop in delta state that did dsame when his own son married his pregnant fiancée, he even announce am inside the church sef. So rules are rules, u cannot enter cherubim and seraphim n be wearing shoe, because u have bible passage that said Jesus wore sandals in the synagogue, na either u pull or u commot
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 28, 2016
freshkik:
i understand ur point of view but what I'll want you to understand is that there are rules (some strict, some lenient) in each institution weda we all read from the same bible does not change that.... For example some churches allow trousers and exposed hair for females & some others don't, even isis fights n oga Dangote study the same quran, but 1 hate western education, the other embrace it... N each set of ppl from this 2 examples, will point to their holy book n show u y dey believe wot they believe.... So u pointing to the bible wont change dat fact
.... there are just 2 options, obey their rules or leave and find another option if u cant.
From the Op's write up, u ll notice the church even told the couple bout it some days b4 d occasion, so they had the option to cancel it if they wanted (weddings have bin halted the morning of the wedding, so itz nt a new thing)... But they didnt, meaning they have settle their mind on that already, dunno y the op, is ranting here, abi she want make the Anglican communion's worldwide set rules should be changed bcoz of ur frnd, smh...... If the thing they hungry her frnd, it think the better option is for them to use condom....... I know of an Anglican bishop in delta state that did dsame when his own son married his pregnant fiancée, he even announce am inside the church sef. So rules are rules, u cannot enter cherubim and seraphim n be wearing shoe, because u have bible passage that said Jesus wore sandals in the synagogue, na either u pull or u commot
yeah. op just they disgrace herself shall.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by satowind(m): 9:23pm On Feb 28, 2016
daretodiffer:

Stop embarrassing yourself

The colour white symbolises purity however that is not the main reason white wedding dress is the norm.
u see ur self are we talking about the person dat made it popularly used or the significance. i dont argue wit people like u. ie the know not and claim to know.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by satowind(m): 9:25pm On Feb 28, 2016
asuustrike2009:

There is something that the church refuse to check and that's virginity. If you claim white gown means purity and meant for virgins, what of those that committed abortion, slept with different men yet they still wear white gown. Wouldn't be hypocrital for church to concentrate in one side and forgetting the other side?. It's not as if I support the couple's act but this need to be look into
i did mention virgins too maybe u didnt read tru. but the fact is that it is de person found near de pepper tree day is call the pepper thief. if u not caught it neva happened
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 28, 2016
satowind:
u see ur self are we talking about the person dat made it popularly used or the significance. i dont argue wit people like u. ie the know not and claim to know.

Stop embarrassing yourselfsad

The colour white might symbolise purity but it does not mean that it must be the choice of a wedding dress to show the bride's purity. People all over the world wear wedding gowns of different colours. It might be unpopular but I don't know any one with a brain in this 21st century that would claim ‘purity' for putting on a white wedding gown. It is a norm that doesn't mean shit.undecided.

This is a red wedding dress. smiley The lucky bride will not be wearing this colour to show that she is impure. If white means purity, innocence etc, red means power, passion, strength etcsmiley

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 28, 2016
satowind:
i did mention virgins too maybe u didnt read tru. but the fact is that it is de person found near de pepper tree day is call the pepper thief. if u not caught it neva happened
it is so unfortunate
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by CashVessel(m): 10:29pm On Feb 28, 2016
This is the church and not a social gathering or club. The white gown signifies holiness and purity incase you don't know. So when u decide to do what married couples do when you are unmarried, that's what you get. Besides, it's an age old custom;the woman wearing a cream or yellow to signify pregnancy. So , please disabuse ur mind of any conspiRacy by the Anglican communion to marginalise women.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by captianfreeman(m): 10:32pm On Feb 28, 2016
goldbim:
yes naa.google is your friend grin.
Just help a brother in need of education.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by guyXander(m): 11:09pm On Feb 28, 2016
NobleAngell:
Am sorry is that biblical?
Abeg, is common sense biblical? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2 Zimbabwean Female "Witches" Caught Red-handed Totally Unclad (Video) / Members Of Salvation Ministry Blasted For Buying Their PAPA A Private Jet / List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.