Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:06 AM

Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) (64503 Views)

Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card / A Live Alligator For Harvest Thanksgiving In Anglican Church, Warri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by estheremma(f): 1:03pm On Feb 28, 2016
Hmmm. I attended a wedding in that same church some months ago. My niece who was wedding was asked to wear a dark cloth, she was warned not to wear anything pretty or colorful. This was to show she had sinned as she was pregnant. She changed to a wedding gown after church for pictures. This Lady here was even allowed to wear yellow. She is lucky
In as much as i dont support fornication. This is too extreme.this would increase abortion i bet u!
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by So4baba(m): 1:07pm On Feb 28, 2016
My church, my church, my church. This is what I have bn noticing from the first page. When will Christians turn to saying my Bible? The word of God! Every church has its own dogma as the only Christian doctrine we have as Christians is in the Bible and cut across all "churches"..white wedding ISNT scriptural, so it is not a DOCTRINE, it's more like a DOGMA. but if you think you need to follow a particular church DOGMA as concerning their wedding rites, den pls obey their rules and regulations. The marriage DOCTRINE as postulated by the Bible is the payment of dowry and the acknowledgement by both concerned parents in the presence of the law governing the land.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Liljeez(m): 1:07pm On Feb 28, 2016
I've been an anglican from birth and i want to fault the op's claim....white signifies purity and as such has been taken as the official wedding colour of the anglican bride.Now it isnt peculiar to Nigeria alone.....This was generally agreed upon at a meeting at the headquarters of the anglican church worldwide..
The Westminster Abbey London....Present at this meeting were representative of anglican churches from each country....

What im saying is you cant fault that particular church cos dey where only following orders from above

gist4kidsblog
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by freshkik(m): 1:10pm On Feb 28, 2016
leaving the bible out of this 4 a minute , and just applying our own common sense here ....[1.] Every institute have their own set of rules, strict as some maybe n its either we follow or we leave. Now as an individual even we see trad. marriages as complete marriages, we all know that from the view of most churches [if not all], its not complete, just that some apply leniet punishment and others are strict, but rules are rules IMO i support this, weda bible passage dey 2 back me or not... not saying i am 1 strong xtian, i be badt guy sef tongue , but i understand something that Jesus said something n cn relate it 2 wot happened in paul's time too .... summarizing its talks about different levels in xtianity,...and how has leaders in the faith, we DO or AVOID DOING things, not because they are sin against God, but because they can make the young believers 2 fall from the faith, FOR EXAMPLE, drinking of alcohol without been drunk is not really a sin ''arguably", but do you know how many young believers will fall, if Oyedepo, Adeboye or Adefarasin etc start 'downloading' beer ... NOW RELATING IT 2 the topic..... if they allow pregnant women 2 get married, do you have any idea of how rampant funny-occasion [fornication] will be among guys n ladies of marriageable age in the church ?.... it will openly encourage fornication among singles
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Prdo: 1:10pm On Feb 28, 2016
The church is too lenient to allow the marriage to take place in the church. Marriage is for two pwople and not three. Let the couple go and marry at the registry, since they have decided to test run/drive themselves before marriage. Genuine christians know the will of God and the rule of the Church concerning pre-marital sex. It is not only the female sex that is affected, even the groom will share part of the shame of getting married to a wife that is wearing yellow/black gown and this will serve as deterrent to would be fornicators.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Angrymode: 1:11pm On Feb 28, 2016
Shame to this OP and this is why some people will even support gay marriages. I believe you are one of those who shout corruption is killing everything but still indulge in it. If everyone should compromise standards like you, people will be making love on the street with whoever they see by now. I don't see this as a discrimination but rather a means to obtain higher standards from women. After all, if women don't open their legs with consent it is called tape and this is not the case here.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by So4baba(m): 1:14pm On Feb 28, 2016
mekuilis:

Premarital sex or pregnancy has to stop...its against church doctrine. There the church is on the right part. As for you,go and get pregnant too before wedding, na green gown you go wear so. See as you get moral dey yan dust. shame!
There is nothing like church doctrine,, it's church dogma. Christ embassy allow their ladies wear trousers, deeper life don't, it's their respective dogma.. The only doctrine is in the Bible. White wedding ISN'T A DOCTRINE..

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by So4baba(m): 1:15pm On Feb 28, 2016
Liljeez:
I've been an anglican from birth and i want to fault the op's claim....white signifies purity and as such has been taken as the official wedding colour of the anglican bride.Now it isnt peculiar to Nigeria alone.....This was generally agreed upon at a meeting at the headquarters of the anglican church worldwide..
The Westminster Abbey London....Present at this meeting were representative of anglican churches from each country....
Which above? Of God or of men?

What im saying is you cant fault that particular church cos dey where only following orders from above

gist4kidsblog
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by goodgirl2409: 1:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
thorpido:
You're a church go-er.There is a difference between a church go-er and a Christian.
Don't you people always see the contradiction in your arguments?You do not want to recognise the church and it's standards yet you still want to come to the church for your program?It's like a young man who says to hell with university education and yet attacks UTME for not giving him admission.
Not everyone has gotten married in Church and you don't have to.If you say you are married traditionally,then why do you still bother with church?Isn't that an irony?

You talk as though you don't know the pressure the church mounts on their members. If you don't do traditional marriage and don't do church wedding,you are labelled a sinner. This churches have somehow become a part of our daily life and when you are taking a decision like marriage you just can't ignore them. Well,the churches should go easy with their rules.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Localamos(m): 1:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
sarutobie:

I said lawful not legal..I chose my words carefully..a marriage that is witnessed and accepted by the families of both man and woman is lawful before men and before God that is my point.. A court wedding is a legal marriage before the government..I will consent to a church wedding because of my woman..but NOBODY can make me feel guilty for knowing my wife after paying her dowry and getting the blessings of both families..

"Lawful" connotes an agreement with requirements of the law. So, I agree that church wedding is lawful, but it's not compulsory. And again, the church preserves it's right to make it's bye laws/ requirements for every event which it is to be involved in. If the church is says a pregnant bride should wear colored clothing, then I think its your choice whether to do the wedding in the church or not.

The white gown is symbolic and if you don't fit into the criteria, then why do you want to wear it at all cost?
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by ajaylee1(m): 1:21pm On Feb 28, 2016
Rubbish
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by satowind(m): 1:25pm On Feb 28, 2016
daretodiffer:

You are the one embarrassing yourself

Take time to Google white wedding gownundecided
learn to use search egines it will help u a lot. I didn't even need to go far so the de answer. If u have a question ask google de question not typing white wedding gown. If u don't know sometin ask rather dan embarass ur self

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by SIRRDIQ(m): 1:26pm On Feb 28, 2016
So4baba:
My church, my church, my church. This is what I have bn noticing from the first page. When will Christians turn to saying my Bible? The word of God! Every church has its own dogma as the only Christian doctrine we have as Christians is in the Bible and cut across all "churches"..white wedding ISNT scriptural, so it is not a DOCTRINE, it's more like a DOGMA. but if you think you need to follow a particular church DOGMA as concerning their wedding rites, den pls obey their rules and regulations. The marriage DOCTRINE as postulated by the Bible is the payment of dowry and the acknowledgement by both concerned parents in the presence of the law governing the land.
Infact Bross u just remind me.....
IN MY CHURCH IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN(((((((hisssssaway)))))
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 28, 2016
gist4kidsblog:

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/02/anglican-church-forces-bride-to-wear.html?m=1
why did she decide to marry there? yeah I agree there's discrimination but is it a must that she weds in that church or any? your friend is to be blamed and not the church because she knew fully well what she was venturing into
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by macino1(m): 1:28pm On Feb 28, 2016
Ignorance is when you blame the church for not re-conducting marriage for you under a particular dress after you are already traditionally married months ago. Jesus attended a traditional marriage as a guest not as the one that joined the couple. NEO-COLONIALISM at work.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by sarutobie(m): 1:30pm On Feb 28, 2016
Localamos:

"Lawful" connotes an agreement with requirements of the law. So, I agree that church wedding is lawful, but it's not compulsory. And again, the church preserves it's right to make it's bye laws/ requirements for every event which it is to be involved in. If the church is says a pregnant bride should wear colored clothing, then I think its your choice whether to do the wedding in the church or not.

The white gown is symbolic and if you don't fit into the criteria, then why do you want to wear it at all cost?
Point taken.. I am just pointing out the fallibity of such doctrine..the Bible said"do not define the matrimonial bed"..now did a man and woman who got the blessing of their parents and did the necessary rites before intercourse defile the bed?? I think not..why then will a church judge them to be defaulters because they have been blessed with the fruit of the womb..but judges the other couple fit to be wedded? So couple A and couple B have sex after their traditional marriage rites,but couple B is guilty because they got pregnant? Amazing logic..
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 28, 2016
thorpido:
You're a church go-er.There is a difference between a church go-er and a Christian.
Don't you people always see the contradiction in your arguments?You do not want to recognise the church and it's standards yet you still want to come to the church for your program?It's like a young man who says to hell with university education and yet attacks UTME for not giving him admission.
Not everyone has gotten married in Church and you don't have to.If you say you are married traditionally,then why do you still bother with church?Isn't that an irony?

what's your biblically backing for church wedding?
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 28, 2016
priscaoge:

Only sensible comment here! The writer was busy ranting and calling Anglican Anglican Anglican. I have seen a church that called a lady that got pregnant before her wedding to d alter, said all sorts of things and gave her "Back Seat" in d church. Every church has their own doctrine. It has been on for centuries, they didn't see her and make d law. Stop blabbing already.

If in a school, the rules and regulations are against malpractice and it's consequences are clearly written, will she cry fowl when d school punishes her? She knows that pregnancy before wedding is against d doctrine of the church, she should expect d punishment that follows.

Biko "White" wedding is not by force, if u think u can't cope with d Rules, do Ur traditional and make Babies. MyOneKobo

exactly
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by sarutobie(m): 1:37pm On Feb 28, 2016
asuustrike2009:

what's your biblically backing for church wedding?
Don't bother with that question anymore because you will get no answer from them.. Because there is none to give..
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 28, 2016
thorpido:
Stop promoting fornication
It is not compulsory to get married in church.Noone will force you to.If you decide to get married in church then you ought to do the right thing.You ought to know (and should know) that pregnancy is not allowed so why bring the pregnancy there?
Have you traditional marriage and go to the registry,chikena..

Traditional marriage is marriage and no scripture stands against it. Educate yourself. I was going to say don't fornicate until I read that they have already done trad. Besides, it takes two to comot fornication.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 28, 2016
eyeview:
I believe every institution has rules governing it and if you want to be part of that institution,then play by its rules. Simple.
And if you are not ready,you are very free to walk away and use the services of another institution.
But you can't be in an establishment and want them to follow your own rules.
Selah.

Did you read the part where she said they told them only after paying #30,000?
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Joseph4God(m): 1:39pm On Feb 28, 2016
Hebrews 13:4
Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge. This is the word of God, His standard which can never be compromised. Things change, human beings change, nature and everything change BUT from generation to generation His word and even our God remain the same. Let people call it outdated things but as far as I know and believe, His standard will always be His standard. MARANATHA
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 28, 2016
sarutobie:

Don't bother with that question anymore because you will get no answer from them.. Because there is none to give..
so why are they condemning.the couple? I blame for attending such church. it's not as if I support what they did? the bible should be the standard not rules made by men
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 28, 2016
thorpido:

Please let us call a spade a spade. It is not about the church, it is about what is right in the sight of God. Now whose value will you hold on to?
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by thorpido(m): 1:43pm On Feb 28, 2016
goodgirl2409:

You talk as though you don't know the pressure the church mounts on their members. If you don't do traditional marriage and don't do church wedding,you are labelled a sinner. This churches have somehow become a part of our daily life and when you are taking a decision like marriage you just can't ignore them. Well,the churches should go easy with their rules.
Belonging to a church is still voluntary.
Churches have become part of our daily life as you say and people should actually have the 'Church' in them as their lifestyle.
If anyone belongs to one,i don't think it's too much to abide by the doctrines of the Church.
Jesus said,'my yoke is easy and my burden is light'.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by SIRTee15: 1:44pm On Feb 28, 2016
olakan22:
Premarital sex is a sin. God commanded that an adulterer or adultress should be stoned to death. However we learnt in the new testament that fornicators won't see heaven. Therefore the Church should be able to instill this teaching and discipline those who are guilty... It's wrong to make sexuality pass for immorality. Btw did they force u to marry in Church?

Couples that have performed the established traditional wedding rite.......
The man has paid the bride price n the woman's family has accepted it.
Now u re telling me they are committing fornication.
You are sick.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by thorpido(m): 1:47pm On Feb 28, 2016
netizenbuzz:

Please let us call a spade a spade. It is not about the church, it is about what is right in the sight of God. Now whose value will you hold on to?
The church(not the building or any denomination)represents God so it is about what is right in the sight of God through the Church.
You can see 1 Corinthians 7:1-2
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by thorpido(m): 1:51pm On Feb 28, 2016
netizenbuzz:

Traditional marriage is marriage and no scripture stands against it. Educate yourself. I was going to say don't fornicate until I read that they have already done trad. Besides, it takes two to comot fornication.
Traditional marriage is marriage.Why then do people want another ceremony in church since they already have marriage?
I never said traditional marriage wasn't marriage.Why do people want to get into another institution then?
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by thorpido(m): 1:54pm On Feb 28, 2016
dioman:

The church should look beyond pregnancy test, virginity test should be encourage...
That's right.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by anwo247: 1:56pm On Feb 28, 2016
If i had known what I knew today last 10yrs, I wld not have done church wedding at all. It's not biblical. White wedding is not in anywhere in the bible. In fact, the first person to have done white wedding was Queen Victoria just at her wedding to Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha on 10 February 1840.

So funny that our directionless churches adopted this, called it a law and punish people they think could not meet up by a discriminatory colour... we need to go back to the bible.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Localamos(m): 2:02pm On Feb 28, 2016
sarutobie:

Point taken.. I am just pointing out the fallibity of such doctrine..the Bible said"do not define the matrimonial bed"..now did a man and woman who got the blessing of their parents and did the necessary rites before intercourse defile the bed?? I think not..why then will a church judge them to be defaulters because they have been blessed with the fruit of the womb..but judges the other couple fit to be wedded? So couple A and couple B have sex after their traditional marriage rites,but couple B is guilty because they got pregnant? Amazing logic..

Marriage under traditional rites is a beautiful thing and a value which is highly recognised by cultures especially from the south eastern part of nigeria.
However, the emphasis of the church is preservation of it's values on sexual sanctity. The church does not condone fornication and adultery. Unfortunately, there is no known medical procedure for determining who a fornicator is. The only person that can be "caught" is the person who is pregnant (you'd have to have s*x before you get pregnant) before wedding.

Again, there are couples (like those who you are advocating for) who have been joined in the traditional way and have consumated their marriage. Unfortunately, the church doesn't have provision for such to wear white garments. And that makes me wonder... if I have married my wife 'lawfully' in the traditional way, why must have to go to the church again? Afterall, there's no law that compels me to do church wedding.

I have a friend who recently did traditional and court wedding but no church. He's happily married and soon to be a father. Even church members recognise them as "Mr & Mrs"

Modified: please visit this page
https://themennonite.org/opinion/marriage-ceremonies-bible/
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by olakan22: 2:04pm On Feb 28, 2016
SIRTee15:

Couples that have performed the established traditional wedding rite.......
The man has paid the bride price n the woman's family has accepted it.
Now u re telling me they are committing fornication.
You are sick.
should I say you are sicker? No. You shoul read the post again. Op spoke about determining the sexuality 'before marriage' by engaging in sexual acts. So sex b4 marriage is nt fornication? If u go to hell don't say u were nt warned!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Stripped Unclad, Tied To A Pole After 'Confessing Of Being A Witch'. Photos / Ex-Prostitute In Uganda Brings Condoms To Church After Her Deliverance / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.