Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,564 members, 7,955,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:43 PM

Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) (64516 Views)

Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card / A Live Alligator For Harvest Thanksgiving In Anglican Church, Warri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by satowind(m): 12:10pm On Feb 28, 2016
gist4kidsblog:

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/02/anglican-church-forces-bride-to-wear.html?m=1
even thou am not a religious fanatic I am suprise when I see people like u trying to embarrass demselves in public. Have u taken tym to browse what it meant to wear white during wedding service? It means purity and @ such even non virgins deserve black gown too. And don't u eva tink the punishment is only metted on de bride cause de groom won't be happy wen he looks @ the wedding pics later and see his wife wearing black . So if u are a christian abide by de rules and stop crying fowl like de world is agaist women. Abide by de rule or quite and become an atheist no body will query u
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by SURElee(f): 12:11pm On Feb 28, 2016
kITATITA:
I haven't found where church wedding is ordered in the bible. What's even required is paying of dowry and the marriage is complete at that time. Church wedding; like a piece of paper from the marriage registry is just symbolic.

I have also been looking for church weddng in the bible o! The wedding in cana, Jesus attended and performed his first miracle wasn't stated to have happened in a synagogue or tabernacle, even Isaac's marriage was the payment of dowry abi na bride price. Still looking sha o! My question is that is God not present during traditonal marriages to sanction the wedding? But wait o! What is the real essence of the Pregnancy test? You test a female and the test comes out negative doesnt neccessarily mean that she hasn't being having premarital sex with her husband to me na. Because now it seems the church now use the test result as their own yard stick, instead of counselling, teaching and encouraging adherence to godly principles. So in the end, what we have are people who only make sure they don't get pregnant so they can be wedded in the church.God help us all.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Feb 28, 2016
ayusco85:

why will u say including me? u dont even know me.... maybe urs dont satisfy u, doesnt mean i dont satisfy mine. and BTW, i only said testing not making it a habit of fuckingg everyday.

I don't need to know yousmiley

I believe sex is a thing of the mind. Pre marital sex does not guarantee good sex in marriage because people change.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2016
sarutobie:

When is the "wedding night"?
After both parents have given their blessings and the marriage rites completed or
After the priest in the church says so?
Your type is the reason why Christ said in Mark 2:27
King James Bible
And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Say whatever you wanna say,
How will you feel if your children fluctuate your orders because their teacher said so
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2016
satowind:
even thou am not a religious fanatic I am suprise when I see people like u trying to embarrass demselves in public. Have u taken tym to browse what it meant to wear white during wedding service? It means purity and @ such even non virgins deserve black gown too. And don't u eva tink the punishment is only metted on de bride cause de groom won't be happy wen he looks @ the wedding pics later and see his wife wearing black . So if u are a christian abide by de rules and stop crying fowl like de world is agaist women. Abide by de rule or quite and become an atheist no body will query u

You are the one embarrassing yourself

Take time to Google white wedding gownundecided
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by blackpanda: 12:13pm On Feb 28, 2016
FrankValency:
U ppl should stop saying centuries for God sake, the church itself is almost becoming a a failed institution. My aunt wedded in this church abt 6 years ago with 7 months pregnancy and she wore white, I guess it was because her husband was so rich or maybe the rule has those it was meant for separately. And what d hell is 30k paid for wedding fee for? Hmm, most churches are money making institutions now. SMH for some ministers of God as they claim. And I don't see the above case as for nication, haba,2 months after trad wedding. How many of u will keep to that,tell urselves d truth.

Your comment is neither here nor there. I dont understand what you saying, at all!
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
grin She knew. Yea or Nay grin
That her hubby sha lipsrsealed
Lwkmh cheesy
Funny undecided cool
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by dannywil03: 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
Hi, you did not tell us whether the groom is a member of the church or not because you cannot punish a non member. They can only punish their own.
If the couple believes in the doctrines of the church they should be able to wait untill the right time even if they are not going to be punish.
So practice what the word said... marriage is honourable bit bet undefile
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Ghost447(m): 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
gist4kidsblog:

Celebration of marriage in the church is not by force, but if you have willfully chosen to celebrate your marriage in the church, then you must follow the rules and regulations of the church. Consequently your case is hereby dismissed for lack of merit and accordingly I award the sum of six hundred thousand Naira against you. Sign: Hon. Judge of the masses. 28-02-2016
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
thorpido:
He is married and should begin to live with his wife.They do not need a church wedding again if they choose to.

Shame?Guy you need to know I've got the glory of God in my life.No shame here bro,absolutely no shame.

I guess I misunderstood u... Pele
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by ayusco85(m): 12:19pm On Feb 28, 2016
daretodiffer:

I don't need to know yousmiley

I believe sex is a thing of the mind. Pre marital sex does not guarantee good sex in marriage because people change.

change hw? care to expantiate?
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
ayusco85:

change hw? care to expantiate?

Do you actually think marriage guarantees a good sex life? smiley.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by sarutobie(m): 12:27pm On Feb 28, 2016
CoolSmithz:

Say whatever you wanna say,
How will you feel if your children fluctuate your orders because their teacher said so
One thing with you all that claim to be more "Christian" than others is your inability to back up your claims and doctrines from the number one authority of Christendom which is the Bible.. I have asked you lot where in the Bible such doctrine existed among the early Christians and nobody could show me..I will not let myself be yoked by doctrines which my spirit and the Bible does not agree with..

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by oluxy(m): 12:29pm On Feb 28, 2016
Why do ladies and men disturb thierselves abt white wedding? what is white wedding pls when I could not find it in the Bible or Qur'an.

I know know of paying of bride price in traditional weddings.

let to men, do pay bribe price and pack into my house but ladies wud want white wedding because of afefeyeye (show urself ) to frmd n post on facebook, instagram etc.

let them keep facing it na..
to me, my wife must get belly bfor I pay her bride price.. u have ur opinion on.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by mary36(f): 12:30pm On Feb 28, 2016
No one has the right to question God authority, u that quoted bible did the bible mension the type of marriage ceremony Jesus attended, and was rubecca pregnant b4 her traditional marriage day anyone that want to be celebrated should keep her holy even if u hv been doing it b4 two month to ur wedding try to keep urself holy so that the enemy will nt use it to trap u, u people should stop blaming the church for her wrong doing, in my church AGC the wedding will be cancel an the two of them will be suspended till forder notice
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by ehisendowed: 12:30pm On Feb 28, 2016
gist4kidsblog:

No one forced you to get married there....you gotta abide by there rules...when you were doking yourselves before marriage what were you think? God don catch una
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by sarutobie(m): 12:36pm On Feb 28, 2016
Reference:

You've struck the key here. '...how many of you will wait 2 months after traditional wedding' ....before making babies. What this means by extension is that God and His church are just an appendage to your life and ways. If it be so, let it be so in totality. Then why go to God again crying for approval since His church doesn't matter....whx? is it because it is 'traditional' to close 'the case' in church 'wearing white'? Man and his rebellious ways. To most God means nothing so let them leave Him alone. Afterall He is western.
I don't know about you but to me I am convinced in my spirit that when a couple are blessed by both parents and have carried out the marriage rites(paying of dowry)..then they are lawfully married before men and before God! That is what MY Bible tells me..
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by wiloy2k8(m): 12:36pm On Feb 28, 2016
nonsense girl ranting ..... my church wnt wed dem
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Amhappy(f): 12:37pm On Feb 28, 2016
The major problem with this law is that she is punished for getting pregnant not for fornication. So in that case you are free to fornicate but not to get pregnant. Laws should be wholesome so I think this law should be amended to include both parties and most importantly discourage sex before wedding not pregnancy. I'm Catholic and they do it in my church too and I dislike it. For me the better punishment is to hold a private wedding for them instead of a public one. Few priest do that in my church though. In that case both will bear the blunt.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by ayusco85(m): 12:38pm On Feb 28, 2016
daretodiffer:

Do you actually think marriage guarantees a good sex life? smiley.

marriage guarantees an approved sex life, without guilt or fear of retribution. but u need to knw ur partner is sexually active before u marry. am not saying keep fuckinggg everyday. more like test run
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by sarutobie(m): 12:40pm On Feb 28, 2016
ehisendowed:

No one forced you to get married there....you gotta abide by there rules...when you were doking yourselves before marriage what were you think? God don catch una
You guys have continuously failed to answer this question, what is marriage? When is a marriage lawful? Was anybody ever wedded in the synagogues? Any indication of such in the Bible?

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Localamos(m): 12:43pm On Feb 28, 2016
Michellla:
religious extremists

No one is forcing you to have a church wedding. Traditional and court rites are enough. But if you must wed in a church, then you have to follow their rules - no sex before marriage. It's that simple.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by SIRRDIQ(m): 12:43pm On Feb 28, 2016
the man of God is busy joining three people.....
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by thorpido(m): 12:44pm On Feb 28, 2016
daretodiffer:

You mean the Western rules of the churchundecided. African churches need to be reformed in that aspect.

Lets start from here:

What makes a marriage a holy union before God?
I want biblical references.

There's nothing like western or african churches.The church started in the west as God chose to have it and as long as there is nothing in there to demean africans,I don't have a problem with that.
A marriage is a holy union before God when it is consumated without the bed defiled.
I Corinthians 7:1-2 says Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me:it is good for a man not to touch a woman.Nevertheless,to avoid fornication,let every man have his own wife,and let every woman have her own husband.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by sarutobie(m): 12:45pm On Feb 28, 2016
Amhappy:
The major problem with this law is that she is punished for getting pregnant not for fornication. So in that case you are free to fornicate but not to get pregnant. Laws should be wholesome so I think this law should be amended to include both parties and most importantly discourage sex before wedding not pregnancy. I'm Catholic and they do it in my church too and I dislike it. For me the better punishment is to hold a private wedding for them instead of a public one. Few priest do that in my church though. In that case both will bear the blunt.
You have foresight! It is because of such rules and doctrines that apostle Paul warned the early Christians to be mindful..because such rules leave loopholes for Christians to sin and coverup their sin..how can you justify 'punishing' a couple who got 5the blessing of their parents,paid the dowry and all other rites before having sex and getting pregnant...but allow the other couple just because there was no pregnancy? Why not start conducting virginity tests then?
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Taiwo20(m): 12:46pm On Feb 28, 2016
If them lyk let them ask us to wear 7 colors, e no concern me....

It the 30k part that am not comfortable with... 30k for what, after all the tithe and offering....
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Localamos(m): 12:49pm On Feb 28, 2016
sarutobie:

You guys have continuously failed to answer this question, what is marriage? When is a marriage lawful? Was anybody ever wedded in the synagogues? Any indication of such in the Bible?

For a marriage to be legal, It MUST be done in the court/local govt marriage registry. Any other form of rite is simply for traditional, religious or social values. Even the registry has its own requirements. You muddy meet the requirements before the join you. So why the fuss overchurch requirements? If you're not cool with them, then don't go to church. Simple.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by sarutobie(m): 12:49pm On Feb 28, 2016
mary36:
No one has the right to question God authority, u that quoted bible did the bible mension the type of marriage ceremony Jesus attended, and was rubecca pregnant b4 her traditional marriage day anyone that want to be celebrated should keep her holy even if u hv been doing it b4 two month to ur wedding try to keep urself holy so that the enemy will nt use it to trap u, u people should stop blaming the church for her wrong doing, in my church AGC the wedding will be cancel an the two of them will be suspended till forder notice
Hehehehehehehe some Christians and double standard..wait let me get you correctly, you can fcuck each other until two months to the wedding..then present yourself to the altar? And in your mind you will be more "holy" than the other couple's who got pregnant? Such brazen hypocrisy..

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by mekuilis(m): 12:50pm On Feb 28, 2016
gist4kidsblog:

Premarital sex or pregnancy has to stop...its against church doctrine. There the church is on the right part. As for you,go and get pregnant too before wedding, na green gown you go wear so. See as you get moral dey yan dust. shame!
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by sarutobie(m): 12:56pm On Feb 28, 2016
Localamos:

For a marriage to be legal, It MUST be done in the court/local govt marriage registry. Any other form of rite is simply for traditional, religious or social values. Even the registry has its own requirements. You muddy meet the requirements before the join you. So why the fuss overchurch requirements? If you're not cool with them, then don't go to church. Simple.
I said lawful not legal..I chose my words carefully..a marriage that is witnessed and accepted by the families of both man and woman is lawful before men and before God that is my point.. A court wedding is a legal marriage before the government..I will consent to a church wedding because of my woman..but NOBODY can make me feel guilty for knowing my wife after paying her dowry and getting the blessings of both families..
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by dioman: 12:58pm On Feb 28, 2016
thorpido:
Stop promoting fornication
It is not compulsory to get married in church.Noone will force you to.If you decide to get married in church then you ought to do the right thing.You ought to know (and should know) that pregnancy is not allowed so why bring the pregnancy there?
Have you traditional marriage and go to the registry,chikena..

The church should look beyond pregnancy test, virginity test should be encourage...

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by virginboy1(m): 12:58pm On Feb 28, 2016
thorpido:
The church's primary responsibility is not to sponsor weddings.It is the responsibility of those getting married and their families.However,some churches(more especially groups in church)have sponsored weddings.

Guy,if you are a teacher collecting N30k as salary and you plan to wed,I'm interested in you.You can send me a PM and we work together to plan your wedding.
lolzzzz. Funny you. "I just use that as an illustration"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ex-Prostitute In Uganda Brings Condoms To Church After Her Deliverance / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) / Stephanie Otobo Shows Money Apostle Suleman Paid Her Via Statement Of Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.