Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port (30548 Views)

Ikpeazu Starts The Reconstruction Of Faulks Road Aba / Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos / Proposed Obuaku Seaport In Abia Will Open Up Igboland To International Trade. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by hammerT: 8:20pm On Feb 28, 2016
Biafrarep:
I get your point but most parts of river niger especially from Lokoja upwards is not navigable all year round in fact it literaly dries up during dry season but the Obuaku is navigable all year round & is very close to the sea unlike river niger that has rapids & falls in some sections. Obuaku is viable & feasible with determination.

If it is another River Port and dredging? Forget it!

We need a world class deep Seaport. The SS/SE need about 5 or 6 viable Deep Seaport for our growing population and industrialisation.

Obuaku should be out on the sea and connected by a beautiful multi suspension bridge with train tracks that will come through that River into a 10 lane express way all the way to Enugu, Kogi and Benue.

Then we are talking. Ndiigbo look at grand project in Lagos, Abuja, Akwa Ibom. We cannot continue with mediocre. This is why I love Obiano, everything he does is excellent or he wont do it at all.

Let all our states come together and plan for this project. We need it.
Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by DeTrickster(m): 8:42pm On Feb 28, 2016
THIS IS SO FUNNY!
YOU NIGERIANS ARE PURE SIMPLETONS YOUR COUNTRY IS TRYIN TO DEVELOP AND YOU TURNING IT INTO A TRIBAL WAR SO MYHOPIC SO VERY AFRICAN. WHEN AFRICA UNITES AS A RACE THE REST OF THE WORLD WILL QUIVER IN FEAR OF THE GIANT SHE CAN BE

3 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
Building a riverport or whatever name it goes by anywhere inland Nigeria at this point would be irrelevant, economically wasteful and perhaps even unattainable, what the whole of south east and south south Nigeria should be pushing for is the development of a deep commercial seaport on the long virgin shoreline of akwaibom. Those comparing ph/onne and calabar ports to Lagos are not being honest to themselves too, these other ports are seriously underdeveloped and intentionally rendered uneconomical for business, and the reason reeks with political undertones. Locating a second national port in the south would not stop Lagos or take away the city's potentials, we just need to stop being sectarian and start seeing beyond our noses.
Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by Marcelini(m): 9:32pm On Feb 28, 2016
engrkenny:
Building a riverport or whatever name it goes by anywhere inland Nigeria at this point would be irrelevant, economically wasteful and perhaps even unattainable, what the whole of south east and south south Nigeria should be pushing for is the development of a deep commercial seaport on the long virgin shoreline of akwaibom. Those comparing ph/onne and calabar ports to Lagos are not being honest to themselves too, these other ports are seriously underdeveloped and intentionally rendered uneconomical for business, and the reason reeks with political undertones. Locating a second national port in the south would not stop Lagos or take away the city's potentials, we just need to stop being sectarian and start seeing beyond our noses.

Akwa Ibom sea port is a good idea, and Ndiigbo support it and wish our Akwa Ibom good neighbors all the best in the world.

But Obuaku sea port is a necessity for obvious reasons to Ndiigbo.

Obuaku can exist side by side with the one at Akwa Ibom.

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by Marcelini(m): 9:40pm On Feb 28, 2016
"Those comparing ph/onne and calabar ports to Lagos are not being honest to themselves too, these other ports are seriously underdeveloped and intentionally rendered uneconomical for business, and the reason reeks with political undertones"

Good points, by the way. cool
Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by paramakina202: 10:07pm On Feb 28, 2016
I wish this is true but I doubt Ikpeazu sincerity concerning this project.Mean time fingers crossed!
Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by bennexboy(m): 10:31pm On Feb 28, 2016
omonnakoda:
You are being childish.
We occupy the same space and spend the same money and you are in our Lagos .
A port may develop at Obuaku but it won't be a seaport that will be with the approval of the Nigerian state only

So you're saying the Nigerian state cannot and will not approve the establishment of a sea port in Obuaku?Categorically? Please explain your reasons for such a conspicuously tribalistic statement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by ernecy(m): 10:51pm On Feb 28, 2016
AustineE1:
It is a welcomed development and i wish my amiable governor Obiano of Anambra state and other South East governors can key into this project,this must be taken into priority as an Igbo project.
We must try to call out other interest groups in South East to join hands and make this port project a reality.
Chukwu gozie umuigbo!
I concur, this is our project. That's the mentality we need to prosper as a people and a nation.
Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by 2undeee(m): 11:31pm On Feb 28, 2016
Redoil:
Northerners what are you waiting for boohary for tell ur politicians to wake up and do thesame so as to create job for the teeming youth and automatic almajiri footsoldier

U still dey village so u no knw waitin dey go on for north na Una Governors dey copy northern governors because dey have been given dere people dividends of democracy since d year 50
Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by Nobody: 5:48am On Feb 29, 2016
AustineE1:
It is a welcomed development and i wish my amiable governor Obiano of Anambra state and other South East governors can key into this project,this must be taken into priority as an Igbo project.
We must try to call out other interest groups in South East to join hands and make this port project a reality.
Chukwu gozie umuigbo!
it's just the way out. .previous governors have dragged the south east and south south aback for too long...
Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by kettykin: 6:23am On Feb 29, 2016
omonnakoda:
You are being childish.
We occupy the same space and spend the same money and you are in our Lagos .
A port may develop at Obuaku but it won't be a seaport that will be with the approval of the Nigerian state only
Some of the comments I see and hear on nairaland simply depicts some Nigerians as cursed
Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 29, 2016
omonnakoda:
Is this for import or export.People better wake up the import party is over
i

Lagos port, is it for Import or Export, you know the answer ?

Let the port come first.

When we get to the bridge, we will cross it.
Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 29, 2016
daretodiffer:

Are you surprised? The Nigerian government always love to do things because it sounds great. undecided. They just don't care about more practical and sustainable alternatives.sad

Personally, I think he wants a SE seaport to compete with Lagos seaport.

Your last sentence reeks of hate and cheap comparism.

Its like saying Enugu internatiinal airport was established by Stella Oduah just to compete with Lagos international airport. Empty right ?

Now, list the economic benefits of a Marina in Nigeria viz a viz a seaport as stated by the person you quoted. The marina i know in calabar is only a recreational centre and museum. Even the popular TINAPA is at less than 5% utilization.
Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 29, 2016
omonnakoda:
That is not a rational way to make decisions

Besides our people do not ask questions such as
What exactly is he building

At what cost
Where is the money coming from?

A few photographs will deceive the simple minded but there are questions that need to be asked

I really do not know whether there are no people with an understanding of geography.
Rivers are not the sea and their sources of water are limited and can dry up and do dry up. even when they do not dry up their levels vary very widely. No ships will be going to Obuaku any time soon .He should focus on what is real

I can imagine 1 -10 km of Marina along that waterfront

Drinking panadol on another man's headache.

Stop fidgeting.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 29, 2016
Marcelini:

Akwa Ibom sea port is a good idea, and Ndiigbo support it and wish our Akwa Ibom good neighbors all the best in the world.

But Obuaku sea port is a necessity for obvious reasons to Ndiigbo.

Obuaku can exist side by side with the one at Akwa Ibom.

Bro it's just impracticable for now, as big as Bonny river is, as close as it is to the ocean, it's still having serious challenges hosting the small jetties on it. We need a seaport, just that I can't even totally understand our south south brothers and what they stand for.
Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by myplaydiary: 2:02am On Mar 16, 2017
betterABIAstate:
Ikpeazu starts clearing roads leading to the site of the port, NTA visited the site for report, the site is just 23nautical miles from the ocean. This port will boast economic activities in abia and Nigeria at large.
Every Igbo man should support this project like it was being built in his community.
Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by omonnakoda: 5:03pm On Apr 14, 2021
Ha makate?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Ahmed Indimi's Parents / Akeredolu Welcomes Green Africa Airways Into Ondo (photos) / Message From Professor Yemi Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.