Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,701 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port (30500 Views)

Ikpeazu Starts The Reconstruction Of Faulks Road Aba / Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos / Proposed Obuaku Seaport In Abia Will Open Up Igboland To International Trade. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by betterABIAstate: 10:39am On Feb 28, 2016
Ikpeazu starts clearing roads leading to the site of the port, NTA visited the site for report, the site is just 23nautical miles from the ocean. This port will boast economic activities in abia and Nigeria at large.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by betterABIAstate: 10:39am On Feb 28, 2016
More pics of the blue river

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by betterABIAstate: 10:41am On Feb 28, 2016
More

4 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by Redoil: 10:44am On Feb 28, 2016
Northerners what are you waiting for boohary for tell ur politicians to wake up and do thesame so as to create job for the teeming youth and automatic almajiri footsoldier

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 28, 2016
This Abia governor is working.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by izuch(m): 10:48am On Feb 28, 2016
Adaure4ever:
This Abia governor is working.

Says who?

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by YourMrBoo: 10:51am On Feb 28, 2016
That's awesome....
Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by AustineE1: 10:52am On Feb 28, 2016
It is a welcomed development and i wish my amiable governor Obiano of Anambra state and other South East governors can key into this project,this must be taken into priority as an Igbo project.
We must try to call out other interest groups in South East to join hands and make this port project a reality.
Chukwu gozie umuigbo!

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by kenny987(f): 10:55am On Feb 28, 2016
This kind of project calls for serious regional collaboration as well as inputs from our established private business men and women! This is the emancipation we need. It must start from within us while we press home our demands on other fronts.

God bless my homeland, the land of the rising sun!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by Ogbuefi2020: 11:00am On Feb 28, 2016
Seems like being in opposition is better. SE governors waking up

18 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by asha80(m): 11:25am On Feb 28, 2016
betterABIAstate:
Ikpeazu starts clearing roads leading to the site of the port, NTA visited the site for report, the site is just 23nautical miles from the ocean. This port will boast economic activities in abia and Nigeria at large.
op you dey work with nta? This one you are with the crew..i was expecting a link yo this story

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by omonnakoda: 11:30am On Feb 28, 2016
Is this for import or export.People better wake up the import party is over

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by DankemzI(m): 11:38am On Feb 28, 2016
Ikpaezu my main man.
This Man will be the best performing governor watch out for Abia State kiss
How I wish my Gov. Udom Emmanuel will stop licking Akpabio's ass

6 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by Deltagiant: 11:39am On Feb 28, 2016
While Ikpeazu holds to this noble vision, It would be nice he engage in a wide consultation with SE stake holders at home and in diaspora. Igbos in diaspora are very keen about an Obuaku port and are ready to support. This is a capital intensive project of which a Build-Operate-Transfer arrangement could also be helpful.

Ikpeazu should also consult his kinsman at the estuary, King Dandeson, Jaja of Opobo. This port site is nearer to the ocean than PH. The oldest commercial sea route in Eastern region. King Jaja was actually arrested on this route.

That said, how do we ascertain that the clearing of the road was for port construction and not to facilitate tourism at the blue river?

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by francondu: 11:41am On Feb 28, 2016
DankemzI:
Ikpaezu my main man.
forget those lies of godfatherism any governor that wants to work will work

14 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by DankemzI(m): 11:46am On Feb 28, 2016
francondu:
forget those lies of godfatherism any governor that wants to work will work

How will you work when money meant for development is diverted to Godfathers||
Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by Marcelini(m): 11:49am On Feb 28, 2016
The River looks beautiful.

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by asha80(m): 11:52am On Feb 28, 2016
DankemzI:
Ikpaezu my main man.
he has to lick it well Na to perform lol...seems you are in the know in what happens in aks govt house

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by omonnakoda: 12:00pm On Feb 28, 2016
Marcelini:
The River looks beautiful.
You are right it is a wondrous site though I believe it could be better developed as a high value Marina with prime value waterfront properties for Tourism and a nearby airport. I do not get this bizarre fixation with a seaport

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by ruggedboy01: 12:04pm On Feb 28, 2016
Enemies of progress will soon invade this thread grin cheesy

Turn it to tribal war zone sad angry

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 28, 2016
omonnakoda:
You are right it is a wondrous site though I believe it could be better developed as a high value Marina with prime value waterfront properties for Tourism and a nearby airport. I do not get this bizarre fixation with a seaport

Are you surprised? The Nigerian government always love to do things because it sounds great. undecided. They just don't care about more practical and sustainable alternatives.sad

Personally, I think he wants a SE seaport to compete with Lagos seaport.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by LadyExcellency: 12:06pm On Feb 28, 2016
omonnakoda:
Is this for import or export.People better wake up the import party is over

Raw materials, heavy metals, chemicals and hardware are needed for industrial production, manufacturing and designs.

13 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by omonnakoda: 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2016
daretodiffer:

Are you surprised? The Nigerian government always love to do things because it sounds great. undecided. They just don't care about more practical and sustainable alternatives.sad

That is not a rational way to make decisions

Besides our people do not ask questions such as
What exactly is he building

At what cost
Where is the money coming from?

A few photographs will deceive the simple minded but there are questions that need to be asked

I really do not know whether there are no people with an understanding of geography.
Rivers are not the sea and their sources of water are limited and can dry up and do dry up. even when they do not dry up their levels vary very widely. No ships will be going to Obuaku any time soon .He should focus on what is real

I can imagine 1 -10 km of Marina along that waterfront

6 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by omonnakoda: 12:15pm On Feb 28, 2016
LadyExcellency:

Raw materials, heavy metals, chemicals and hardware are needed for industrial production, manufacturing and designs.
I agree and you think those can be brought in through Obuaku. Is that reality or sentiment? The truth is this is a misguided dig at the great enemy "Lagos" . If the SE does not want to go through Lagos then invest in a seaport in Akwa Ibom or Bayelsa.
Also invest in Shipping companies because right now the existing shipping companies only want to go to Lagos.
We here Orji Kalu boasting all the time that he is President of World Ship owners why does he not send his numerous ships to Calabar and Onne and Port Harcourt

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 28, 2016
daretodiffer:

ain't competition gud 4 our economy?

5 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 28, 2016
omonnakoda:
That is not a rational way to make decisions

Besides our people do not ask questions such as
What exactly is he building

At what cost
Where is the money coming from?

A few photographs will deceive the simple minded but there are questions that need to be asked

I really do not know whether there are no people with an understanding of geography.
Rivers are not the sea and their sources of water are limited and can dry up and do dry up. even when they do not dry up their levels vary very widely. No ships will be going to Obuaku any time soon .He should focus on what is real

Welcome to Nigeriasmiley. I think the blame should also go to our students and higher institutions. They are in better positions to come out and challenge mo.ronic projects and educate the public.

Rivers can only handle a limited or specific vessels. Another wasteful projects: (

4 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
tooco:

Where is the competition?
Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by omonnakoda: 12:23pm On Feb 28, 2016
tooco:
Rational competition is very good but how rationa is this simple questions hopefully we can get some answers

What is he building
How much will it cost
Where is the money coming from
Who are the contractors
When will construction Finish

There should be that level of transparency
When leaders start to lie to their people and they believe them there is problem.
Our constitution is clear NO ONE can build a PORT without the FG (NPA) approval. I do not recall that information being in the public domain
SO whatever he is building I very much doubt it is a Port

4 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 28, 2016
omonnakoda:
Rational competition is very good but how rationa is this simple questions hopefully we can get some answers

What is he building
How much will it cost
Where is the money coming from
Who are the contractors
When will construction Finish

There should be that level of transparency

Add pollution to your listsmiley
Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by Liberty90: 12:24pm On Feb 28, 2016
S
Re: Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port by LadyExcellency: 12:24pm On Feb 28, 2016
omonnakoda:

I agree and you think those can be brought in through Obuaku. Is that reality or sentiment?

It has happened before when the heavy metal bars used for the construction of Aba Power Station were transported by the river instead of across the feeble Imo River bridge between Rivers state and Abia State.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Emmanuel Fayose Involved In Motor Accident Along Abuja Road (Photos) / Meet Princess Elizabeth Bright, The Youngest Councillor In The UK / Who Was The President Of Nigeria When You Were Born?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.