Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,872 members, 7,848,545 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:30 AM

The Bible Stands - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Stands (13486 Views)

Quran Testifies To The Bible: It Says It Stands Till Eternity / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Stands by Tudor6(f): 3:05pm On Jul 16, 2009
debosky:

Again, I am not claiming to be an Egyptian Anthropologist or historian with definitive knowledge of what happened where and when, but there are publications out there challenging the mainstream opinion of the biblical Exodus.

I do not expect everything to be clearly and neatly explained, but there is historical evidence that might point to a mass exodus from Egypt.  Again, as with all historical accounts, this may be looked at from different viewpoints depending on the writer. I give you an excerpt:

This exit from Egypt by the Hyksos probably included the Israelites as well. The story of the Exodus is most likely bases on the expulsion of the Hyksos from Egypt, for there is no other record of any mass exit from Egypt (Robertson 1990, 36; Halpern 1994, 89-96; Redford 1897, 150). The evidence seems to fit well with Josephus' account. Although the Egyptians saw the expulsion of the Hyksos as a great military victory, the Israelites viewed this as a great salvation victory for them. T[b]his seems similar to other events recorded in ancient history where both sides claim a great victory.[/b] Ramses II battled with the Hittites and almost lost his life, yet he calls this a great victory, but so do the Hittites. In reality it was a stalemate, so they both signed a treaty

http://www.bibleandscience.com/archaeology/exodus.htm

What is this?
Historical records like you say can be biased, people reporting events from their own favourable viewpoints.
That is where archeology comes in.
Like we are sure of ancient babylon and it's hanging gardens because in addition to different historical records, archeological evidences abound.

2million jews in a desert for 40 years is SURE to leave evidence of them having passed through.
Lack of such archeological evidence shows the bible narration as either exagerrated or outrightly false.
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:07pm On Jul 16, 2009
My contribution to the the historical facts on the Exodus can be found in the thread below as I do not wish to repeat myself over again.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=270879.0
Re: The Bible Stands by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:11pm On Jul 16, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

My contribution to the the historical facts on the Exodus can be found in the thread below as I do not wish to repeat myself over again.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=270879.0
To be fair genesis, exodus, leveticus and the first books of the bible have no single archeological evidence, not even one to be stretched.
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:24pm On Jul 16, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

To be fair genesis, exodus, leveticus and the first books of the bible have no single archeological evidence, not even one to be stretched.

You are perfectly entitled to your uninformed opinion.  I am sure you will wish that there should not be any archaeological evidence so as to consolidate your position, but for those who are sincerely and diligently seeking for the truth and facts, check the link below:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/does-archaeology-support-the-bible
Re: The Bible Stands by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:55pm On Jul 16, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

You are perfectly entitled to your uninformed opinion.  I am sure you will wish that there should not be any archaeological evidence so as to consolidate your position, but for those who are sincerely and diligently seeking for the truth and facts, check the link below:

The heart of your problem is that you keep giving us biblical websites to prove that what you are saying is true, answersingenesis for the most part of all they do never make any sense. Give us a link to a peer reviewed proof of the exodus of the Jews, it just does not exist. Go check your Natgeo guide on bibles buried secret, it was shown again just yesterday if only you had watched you would have known better than to paste those links.
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:19pm On Jul 16, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

The heart of your problem is that you keep giving us biblical websites to prove that what you are saying is true, answersingenesis for the most part of all they do never make any sense. Give us a link to a peer reviewed proof of the exodus of the Jews, it just does not exist. Go check your Natgeo guide on bibles buried secret, it was shown again just yesterday if only you had watched you would have known better than to paste those links.

I don't know why you atheists even bother about the truth or facts in the Bible.  You should rather go to your skeptics websites and read about the fantasies that you want to hear about.  The link is actually for true Bible scholars who are interested in confirming the Scriptures with the aid of the acronym SCALPS according to the link below:

Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:20pm On Jul 16, 2009
Dr. Luke (Luke 17:34-36) says the Second Coming of Jesus Christ will occur while some are asleep at night and others are working at daytime activities in the field.  This is a clear indication of a revolving earth, with day and night at the same time. -- The Evidence Bible
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:40pm On Jul 16, 2009
Here are other fascinating facts in the Bible

In the Book of Beginnings, in Genesis 16:12, God said that Ishmael (the progenitor of the Arab race), would be a "wild man . . . and every man's hand [will be] against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren."  Almost four thousand years later, who could deny that this prophecy is being fulfilled in the Arab race?  The Arabs and the Jews are "brethren" having Abraham as their ancestor.  The whole Middle East conflict is caused by their dwelling together. -- The Evidence Bible
Re: The Bible Stands by toneyb: 9:50pm On Jul 16, 2009
debosky:

Again, I am not claiming to be an Egyptian Anthropologist or historian with definitive knowledge of what happened where and when, but there are publications out there challenging the mainstream opinion of the biblical Exodus.

I do not expect everything to be clearly and neatly explained, but there is historical evidence that might point to a mass exodus from Egypt.  Again, as with all historical accounts, this may be looked at from different viewpoints depending on the writer. I give you an excerpt:

This exit from Egypt by the Hyksos probably included the Israelites as well. The story of the Exodus is most likely bases on the expulsion of the Hyksos from Egypt, for there is no other record of any mass exit from Egypt (Robertson 1990, 36; Halpern 1994, 89-96; Redford 1897, 150). The evidence seems to fit well with Josephus' account. Although the Egyptians saw the expulsion of the Hyksos as a great military victory, the Israelites viewed this as a great salvation victory for them. T[b]his seems similar to other events recorded in ancient history where both sides claim a great victory.[/b] Ramses II battled with the Hittites and almost lost his life, yet he calls this a great victory, but so do the Hittites. In reality it was a stalemate, so they both signed a treaty

http://www.bibleandscience.com/archaeology/exodus.htm

The Hyksos

The Hyksos were a group of mixed Semitic-Asiatics who settled in northern Egypt during the 18th century BC. In about 1630 they seized power, and Hyksos kings ruled Egypt as the 15th dynasty (c. 1630-1521 BC).

The name Hyksos was used by the Egyptian historian Manetho (fl. 300 BC), who, according to the Jewish historian Josephus (fl. 1st century AD), translated the word as "king-shepherds" or "captive shepherds." Josephus wished to demonstrate the great antiquity of the Jews and thus identified the Hyksos with the Hebrews of the Old Testament. Most scholars do not now support this view, though it is possible that Hebrews came into Egypt during the Hyksos period or that some Hyksos were the ancestors of some Hebrews. "Hyksos" was probably an Egyptian term for "rulers of foreign lands" (heqa-khase), and it almost certainly designated the foreign dynasts rather than a whole nation. Although traditionally they also formed the 16th dynasty, those rulers were probably only vassals of the 15th-dynasty kings. They seem to have been connected with the general migratory movements elsewhere in the Middle East at the time. Although most of the Hyksos names seem to have been Semitic, there may also have been a Hurrian element among them.

The Hyksos introduced the horse and chariot, the compound bow, improved battle axes, and advanced fortification techniques into Egypt. At Avaris (modern Tall ad-Dab'a) in the northeastern delta, they built their capital with a fortified camp over the remains of a Middle Kingdom town that they had seized. Excavations since the 1960s have revealed a Canaanite-style temple, Palestinian-type burials, including horse burials, Palestinian types of pottery, and quantities of their superior weapons.

Their chief deity was the Egyptian storm and desert god, Seth, whom they identified with an Asiatic storm god. From Avaris they ruled most of Lower Egypt and Upper Egypt up to Hermopolis directly. South to Cusae, and briefly even beyond, they ruled through Egyptian vassals. When under Seqenenre and Kamose the Thebans began to rebel, the Hyksos pharaoh Auserre Apopi I tried unsuccessfully to make an alliance with the rulers of Cush who had overrun Egyptian Nubia in the later years of the 13th dynasty (c. 1650 BC).

The Theban revolt spread northward under Kamose, and in about 1521 Avaris fell to his successor, Ahmose, founder of the 18th dynasty, thereby ending 108 years of Hyksos rule over Egypt. Although vilified by the Egyptians starting with Hatshepsut, the Hyksos had ruled as pharaohs and were listed as legitimate kings in the Turin Papyrus. At least superficially they were Egyptianized, and they did not interfere with Egyptian culture beyond the political sphere.

Source: http://history-world.org/hyksos.htm

From the above shows that the Hyksos actually ruled egypt  for about 108 years until their rule was later overthrown, this is very different from the bible narrative which does not say that the jews ruled egypt but says that the jews were slaves in egypt.
Re: The Bible Stands by debosky(m): 9:58pm On Jul 16, 2009
toneyb:

From the above shows that the Hyksos actually ruled egypt  for about 108 years until their rule was later overthrown, this is very different from the bible narrative which does not say that the jews ruled egypt but says that the jews were slaves in egypt.

Are you confused? The bible says Joseph ruled in Egypt alongside the Pharaoh (who could have been from the Hyksos, we are not given that level of detail in the bible) and many years after his death were the Israel enslaved then taken out of Egypt by Moses.

It is very possible that the Israelites were introduced to Egypt under the Hyksos and possibly left alongside them later on.

Again, there are possibilities and more questions than answers, but is it definitively evidenced that the Israelites were not in Egypt? No.
Re: The Bible Stands by toneyb: 9:58pm On Jul 16, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Answers in genesis is junk they are more interested in telling lies and deceiving people than actually telling them the truth. They do no work at all, they only formulate lies that have been discredited so many times. Answers in genesis only provide "answers" to the deluded.
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:04pm On Jul 16, 2009
Excerpts from Answers in Genesis, the atheists' nightmare:

There is plenty evidence for Israelite slavery in Egypt–the sudden disappearance of these slaves, the devastation of Egypt by the ten plagues, the destruction of the Egyptian army–if we look for it at the right time, and time is a vital element in the interpretation of ancient history.

According to the Biblical records, the Exodus occurred 480 years before Solomon laid the foundations of his temple at Jerusalem (1 Kings 6:1). This would place the Exodus about 1446 BC. God’s covenant with Abraham was 430 years earlier (Exodus 12:40, Galatians 3:16, 17) about 1850 BC. From the ages of his predecessors back to Noah, given in Genesis 12 and 13, it can be calculated that the great universal flood occurred 427 years earlier, about 2302 BC. But according to most authorities on Egyptian chronology the pyramids were built about 1550 BC, and the first dynasty of Egypt ruled about 3100 BC.23

Thus, there is a conflict between Egyptian chronology as generally interpreted and the Biblical records. Neither the first dynasty of Egypt nor the pyramids could have existed before the flood. If the Bible is historically reliable, as I believe it is, then there must be a mistake in the usual interpretation of Egyptian chronology which needs to be reduced by centuries.

The issue is clear. An acceptance of the present chronological interpretation of Egyptian history, and a rejection of the Biblical chronology, opens the door to skepticism of the rest of the early Biblical records, including the record of the Creation of the world in six days. But if Egyptian chronology can be shown to be flawed, a major obstacle to the acceptance of the Bible records is removed, and the Genesis history stands justified.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/tj/v15/i1/moses.asp
Re: The Bible Stands by toneyb: 10:12pm On Jul 16, 2009
debosky:

Are you confused? The bible says Joseph ruled in Egypt alongside the Pharaoh (who could have been from the Hyksos, we are not given that level of detail in the bible) and many years after his death were the Israel enslaved then taken out of Egypt by Moses.

It is very possible that the Israelites were introduced to Egypt under the Hyksos and possibly left alongside them later on.

Again, there are possibilities and more questions than answers, but is it definitively evidenced that the Israelites were not in Egypt? No.

No I am not confused. The link says that the Hykos kings actually ruled over egypt completely, the bible says Joseph was governor(not ruler of egypt) for some time definitely not 108 years as the link says the was the duration that the hykos kings ruled over egypt.  Their chief deity was the Egyptian storm and desert god, Seth, whom they identified with an Asiatic storm god, this is not the same with the jews of the bible that worshiped yahweh the god of the jews.
Re: The Bible Stands by toneyb: 10:15pm On Jul 16, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Excerpts from Answers in Genesis, the atheists' nightmare:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I laugh tire I wan die.

The issue is clear. An acceptance of the present chronological interpretation of Egyptian history, and a rejection of the Biblical chronology, opens the door to skepticism of the rest of the early Biblical records, including the record of the Creation of the world in six days. But if Egyptian chronology can be shown to be flawed, a major obstacle to the acceptance of the Bible records is removed, and the Genesis history stands justified.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:01pm On Jul 16, 2009
Tudór:

i laugh!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
WHAT A LAUGH! grin
YOU CHRISTIANS NO GO LAUGH ME DIE!! grin

toneyb:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I laugh tire I wan die.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lets see who is going to have the last laugh when your times are up. 

"I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear comes; When your fear comes as desolation, and your destruction comes as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish comes upon you." -- Prov.1:24-30

It has been said that the Italian dictator Mussolini, in his youth, stood on a high pinnacle and cried, "God, if you are there, strike me dead!"  When God did not bow to his dictates, Mussolini concluded that there is no God.  God did, however, answer his prayer some time later.  wink -- The Evidence Bible
Re: The Bible Stands by debosky(m): 11:06pm On Jul 16, 2009
toneyb:

No I am not confused. The link says that the Hykos kings actually ruled over egypt completely, the bible says Joseph was governor(not ruler of egypt) for some time definitely not 108 years as the link says the was the duration that the hykos kings ruled over egypt.  Their chief deity was the Egyptian storm and desert god, Seth, whom they identified with an Asiatic storm god, this is not the same with the jews of the bible that worshiped yahweh the god of the jews.

Don't be in a hurry, it would do you good to look at the thread Ola posted - other atheists did a good work showing the historical links.

I will say two things:

1. The Hyksos were Hebrew friendly and probably included the Jews, while not being made up of only Jews.

In that regard it makes sense when the bible says another king (another type of King, i.e after the Hyksos had been deposed) took over whom did not 'know Joseph' and he set about persecuting the likely remnants of the Hyksos (mostly Jews).

2. In terms of desert storm god Seth, evidence shows that the Egyptians likely 'demonised' the god of the Hyksos in an attempt to erase them from history, again, read the thread Ola posted - far more detail is there.
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47pm On Jul 16, 2009
Krayola:

Mark (1st of the Gospels), did not originally include the appearance of Jesus. It was added later. Look in your Bible for the footnote. this is what it says (check yours).

"16:8 The most reliable early manuscripts conclude the Gospel of Mark at verse 8. Other manuscripts include various endings to the Gospel. "

One of the big controversies among some Bible scholars is the last twelve verses of the Gospel of Mark.  Your Bible has a footnote indicating that the last twelve verses of Mark are disputed or were added by some later scribe.  This view comes from an excessive reliance on the Alexandrian manuscripts that were promoted by Westcott and Hort.

But it is simply not true.  There are several ways to disprove this claim.  First, in A.D. 150 Irenaeus quoted the passage in his commentary, so it must have been around in the second century.  Hippolatus, also in the second century, quoted it.

Furthermore, if the last twelve verses of Mark were omitted, the passage would end with the followers of Christ frightened and confused, which is inconsistent with the tenor of the text. -- Dr. Chuck Missler.
Re: The Bible Stands by toneyb: 11:53pm On Jul 16, 2009
debosky:

Don't be in a hurry, it would do you good to look at the thread Ola posted - other atheists did a good work showing the historical links.

I will say two things:

1. The Hyksos were Hebrew friendly and probably included the Jews, while not being made up of only Jews.

In that regard it makes sense when the bible says another king (another type of King, i.e after the Hyksos had been deposed) took over whom did not 'know Joseph' and he set about persecuting the likely remnants of the Hyksos (mostly Jews).

2. In terms of desert storm god Seth, evidence shows that the Egyptians likely 'demonised' the god of the Hyksos in an attempt to erase them from history, again, read the thread Ola posted - far more detail is there.

Fair enough, But it goes on to say that the hykos INVADE eastern Nile Delta, in the Twelfth dynasty of Egypt initiating the Second Intermediate Period of Ancient Egypt. Wikipedia says that "Manetho's account, as recorded by Josephus, of the appearance of the Hyksos in Egypt describes it as an armed invasion by a horde of foreign barbarians who met little resistance and who subdued the country by military force". He records that the Hyksos burnt their cities, destroyed temples and led women and children into slavery The bible does not say that they jews invaded egypt, it says that they came to Egypt to live because of Joseph.

It goes on to say that The Hyksos had Canaanite names, as seen in those which contain the names of Semitic deities such as Anath or Ba'al. They introduced new tools of warfare into Egypt, most notably the composite bow and the horse-drawn chariot.

Other historians say that the Hyksos used Egyptian titles associated with traditional Egyptian kingship, and took the Egyptian god Seth to represent their own titulary deity.

There is more than enough evidence to show that the bible story and that of the hyksos are not the same. All the records show some plausible connection here and there but nothing concrete to back up the exodus narrative.

From wikipedia

Various "early" Exodus dates have also been proposed, notably those which equate the Exodus story with the expulsion of the Hyksos from Egypt c.1540 BCE. This is despite obvious differences between Egyptian history in the period of the Hyksos and the story told in the Torah: the Hyksos were in Egypt for only a little over a century, against the 400 years described in the Bible, they left Egypt as defeated foreign rulers rather than as fleeing slaves, and the Pharaoh Ahmose pursued them across northern Sinai and into southern Canaan, where their arrival c.1500 BCE (if the Exodus story of 40 years of Wilderness wandering is followed - the Ahmoses's own account implies a much shorter period, and the paharoah obviously was not lost in the Red Sea) would leave a 250-year gap before the first appearance of proto-Israelite artefacts in the archaeological record. Nor does the Bible story give any impression of the fact that Egypt had more than one Pharaoh at this time, the Hyksos 15th dynasty ruling in the Delta, the native Egyptian 17th dynasty in the Nile valley to the south, with the 16th dynasty as a line of petty kings on the margin. An alternative "late" date links the Exodus with the eruption of the Aegean volcano of Thera in c.1600 BCE, on the grounds that it could provide a natural explanation of the Biblical "Plagues of Egypt" and some of the incidents of the Exodus, notably the crossing of the Red Sea. This date does not, however, coincide with the period of the Hyksos.
Re: The Bible Stands by toneyb: 11:59pm On Jul 16, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

One of the big controversies among some Bible scholars is the last twelve verses of the Gospel of Mark. Your Bible has a footnote indicating that the last twelve verses of Mark are disputed or were added by some later scribe. This view comes from an excessive reliance on the Alexandrian manuscripts that were promoted by Westcott and Hort.

But it is simply not true. There are several ways to disprove this claim. First, in A.D. 150 Irenaeus quoted the passage in his commentary, so it must have been around in the second century. Hippolatus, also in the second century, quoted it.

Furthermore, if the last twelve verses of Mark were omitted, the passage would end with the followers of Christ frightened and confused, which is inconsistent with the tenor of the text.

You guys keep propagating this LIE but non of you have ever provided any evidence to show that Irenaeus ever quoted the passage in any commentary. If Irenaeus ever did quote from it no bible will write that it does not appear in the earliest and most reliable manuscript in it's foot note. Up till now no body has ever produced the much talked about "commentary" that apologist love to claim. grin.
Re: The Bible Stands by Tudor6(f): 12:10am On Jul 17, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

"I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear comes; When your fear comes as desolation, and your destruction comes as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish comes upon you." -- Prov.1:24-30

Blah,blah,blah RUBBISH!
The god of the muslims promises to laugh at our calamity too if we don't worship, so does sango, amadioha, ogun, ifa, buddha e.t.c. The anguish/distress promised by YHVH is not peculiar to christianity, we've heard the same bullsh*t from other gods. ITS A PATHETIC ATTEMPT TO SOW FEAR IN OUR HEARTS and we're not buying! Ha ha ha grin grin

It has been said that the Italian dictator Mussolini, in his youth, stood on a high pinnacle and cried, "God, if you are there, strike me dead!"  When God did not bow to his dictates, Mussolini concluded that there is no God.  God did, however, answer his prayer some time later.  wink

Oh shut up!
Mussolini was politically murdered by men the same way jesus and his diciples where killed. Last time i checked, he wasn't killed by a mysterious blow from heaven. Try again! grin grin
Re: The Bible Stands by Tudor6(f): 12:11am On Jul 17, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Blah,blah,blah RUBBISH!
The god of the muslims promises to laugh at our calamity too if we don't worship, so does sango, amadioha, ogun, ifa, buddha e.t.c. The anguish/distress promised by YHVH is not peculiar to christianity, we've heard the same bullsh*t from other gods. ITS A PATHETIC ATTEMPT TO SOW FEAR IN OUR HEARTS and we're not buying! Ha ha ha grin grin

It has been said that the Italian dictator Mussolini, in his youth, stood on a high pinnacle and cried, "God, if you are there, strike me dead!"  When God did not bow to his dictates, Mussolini concluded that there is no God.  God did, however, answer his prayer some time later.  wink

Oh shut up!
Mussolini was politically murdered by men the same way jesus and his diciples where killed. Last time i checked, he wasn't killed by a mysterious blow from heaven. Try again! grin grin
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:17am On Jul 17, 2009
There is also another design aspect that one Dr. Ivan Panin discovered.  The structure to the passage (In The Gospel of Mark) are in segements.  The first segement (verse 9-11) are an appearance to Mary in the Garden and the disciples' unbelief; the next section (verses 11-18) which describes the appearances by Jesus Christ; the final verses (19-20) are the conclusion.

In Greek, these last twelve verses contain 175 words (7 x 25).  There are 553 letters (7 x 79).  The vowels of the letters number 294, and consonants, 259; each exact multiples of seven.  The vocabulary used consists of ninety-eight different words (7 x 7 x 2).  Eighty-four of those vocabulary words are found earlier in Mark (7 x 12); fourteen are found only here (7 x 2).  Forty-two are used in the Lord's address (7 x 6), fifty-six are not (7 x 8 ).  Each of these conditions is an exact multiple of seven.  Rather remarkable "coincidences."

The design aspect that Dr. Panin discovered cannot be accidental but deliberate.  What are the chances of these  being the product of random chance?  For a single instance, there are six chances of failing, and only one in seven of it coming out correctly.  Yet, for two conditions, that's 7 x 7, or one chance in forty-nine.  For three conditions, that is, 7 x 7 x 7, or one chance in 343.  For 4 conditions, we have one chance in 2,401.  The more constraints we put on this, the more rigid the design requirements become.  You are given 9 conditions in the description so far.  The odds that this was a result of random chance, is one chance in over 40 million!
Re: The Bible Stands by Krayola(m): 12:18am On Jul 17, 2009
@Olaadegbu . .please please please, be careful where u get information from.
Re: The Bible Stands by toneyb: 12:21am On Jul 17, 2009
Krayola:

@Olaadegbu . .please please please, be carefu here u get information from.

Are you for real? grin grin.
Re: The Bible Stands by Krayola(m): 12:22am On Jul 17, 2009
haha. . .this one that he is now using calculus to prove the Bible. . .i dey fear o
Re: The Bible Stands by toneyb: 12:36am On Jul 17, 2009
Dr william criag uses probability calculus to prove the resurrection of jesus. grin grin grin. I like evangelical christians very funny and confused bunch they are
Re: The Bible Stands by Tudor6(f): 12:43am On Jul 17, 2009
So god now hides calculus in his stories??
I laugh! Ha ha grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:58am On Jul 17, 2009
Here is another example that is mind boggling, and it may blow your skeptic mind away.  Matthew uses 42 words that are not used anywhere else in the New Testament.  Those 42 words = (7 x 6) have 126 letters, which is also an exact multiple of seven.  The Gospel of Mark, Luke, John, the epistles of James, Peter, Jude and Paul all have a unique vocabulary that is an exact multiple of seven.

Let's assume Matthew set out to do this deliberately, how would he go about it?  The only characteristic that these words share was that nobody else used them.  How would you determine these words would not be used by anyone else?  There are only two ways to do that.  Either you would have to get prior agreement with the other authors (assuming you could predict who they would turn out to be), or you would have to write your book after everyone else.  You could argue that this proves Matthew's Gospel was written last.  Except the same thing is true of the Gospel of Mark!  The Gospel of Mark also has a unique vocabulary that is an exact multiple of seven.  How did Mark arrange that?  The same thing is true of Luke and John!  Some of you may say, "The Gospel writers must have colluded!"  Well, so did James, Peter, Jude and Paul.  Each of them have vocabularies, unique to their writings, that are an exact multiple of seven.

Dr. Panin has identified 75 such heptadic constraints!  For even half of those, it would take over 1 million supercomputers over 4 million years to enumerate the alternatives. (734 = 5.4 x 1028 tries:assuming 400 million tries/second results in 4.3 x 1012 computer years)
Re: The Bible Stands by Tudor6(f): 1:14am On Jul 17, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Here is another example that is mind boggling, and it may blow your skeptic mind away.  Matthew uses 42 words that are not used anywhere else in the New Testament.  Those 42 words = (7 x 6) have 126 letters, which is also an exact multiple of seven.  The Gospel of Mark, Luke, John, the epistles of James, Peter, Jude and Paul all have a unique vocabulary that is an exact multiple of seven.

Let's assume Matthew set out to do this deliberately, how would he go about it?  The only characteristic that these words share was that nobody else used them.  How would you determine these words would not be used by anyone else?  There are only two ways to do that.  Either you would have to get prior agreement with the other authors (assuming you could predict who they would turn out to be), or you would have to write your book after everyone else.  You could argue that this proves Matthew's Gospel was written last.  Except the same thing is true of the Gospel of Mark!  The Gospel of Mark also has a unique vocabulary that is an exact multiple of seven.  How did Mark arrange that?  The same thing is true of Luke and John!  Some of you may say, "The Gospel writers must have colluded!"  Well, so did James, Peter, Jude and Paul.  Each of them have vocabularies, unique to their writings, that are an exact multiple of seven.

Dr. Panin has identified 75 such heptadic constraints!  For even half of those, it would take over 1 million supercomputers over 4 million years to enumerate the alternatives. (734 = 5.4 x 1028 tries:assuming 400 million tries/second results in 4.3 x 1012 computer years)
Oh shut up!
The original bible wasn't written in english!
I bet you wouldn't get the same values if it's considered in yoruba, aramaic, greek or latin.
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:33am On Jul 17, 2009
Tudór:

Oh shut up!
The original bible wasn't written in english!
I bet you wouldn't get the same values if it's considered in yoruba, aramaic, greek or latin.

If you had been paying attention to what I posted on #85 you would have noticed that I said in Greek, the original Greek.  No wonder you have been firing blank shots ever since and when you shoot live bullets you shoot yourself in the foot. tongue
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:40am On Jul 17, 2009
God created mathematics the language of science

The mysteries of Pi and e (the Natural log and) Euler's identity

e i pi + 1 = 0 (Euler's number or Euler's identity)

These are five constants that symbolises the four major branches of classical mathematics, which was discovered by the devout Christian named Euler.

[list]
[li]1. Arithmetic is represented by 1 and 0;[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]2. Algebra is represented by i[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]3. Geometry is represented by Pi[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]4. Analysis is represented by e[/li]
[/list]

It connects the five most important constants in mathematics (e, P[i]i[/i], i, 0 and 1) along with three of the most important mathematical operations (addition, multiplication and exponentiation).

e is also found in the Bible in a rather unusual way. The Greek alphabet has a number corresponding to each letter of its alphabet. If you take the first verse from John 1:1 in the New Testament,

in its original Greek; "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

and calculate:

The number of letters x the product of the letters divided by the number of words x the product of the words;

You end up with:
= 2.7183 x 1065

e correct to 4 decimal places.

e i Pi + 1 = 0

Pi is also found in the Bible in a rather unusual way. The Hebrew alphabet also has a number corresponding to each letter in its alphabet.

If you take the first sentence of Genesis 1:1 in its original Hebrew: "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth" = "Beresheet bara Elohim, et ha-Shamayim et ha-Eretz."

and calculate:

The number of letters x the product of the letters divided by the number of words x the products of the words = 3.1416 x 1017
= Pi correct to 4 decimal places.

e i Pi + 1 = 0

i
was proposed in the 1600's as an imaginary number and is defined as the square root of -1. It was proposed to help solve equations like x2+1=0
Today[i] i[/i], though originally proposed as an imaginary number to solve algebraic problems, is very useful in science and engineering for solving "real world" problems.

That Pi would be found to combine with the number e, and with the number i, to produce such elegant equation is like discovering that three broken pieces of pottery, each made in different countries, could be fitted together to make a perfect sphere. The finding strongly argues for a overarching "Intelligent Design" to mathematics from God.

To further discover that P[i]i[/i] can be found in Genesis 1:1, and e can be found in John 1:1 is like finding that the potter of this "perfect sphere" of mathematics signed His name and is none other than our Lord Jesus Christ !!! I am just left wondering if Jesus hid i, the square root of -1, in the Bible somewhere. Maybe in John 3:16 wink

Euler is considered among the greatest Mathematicians of all time. He was a fervent Christian who defended the Christian faith against many notorious Atheists of his day, such as Voltaire. Among his many accomplishments in higher mathematics, Euler also discovered the "most famous formula" in all of mathematics:

e iP[i]i [/i] + 1 = 0 This formula is called Euler's Number or Euler's Identity.

Euler's number has been called "the most famous of all formulas," because, as one textbook says, "It appeals equally to the mystics, the scientist, the philosopher and the mathematician."

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=c7d9831470f883b65e3d
Re: The Bible Stands by Tudor6(f): 1:49am On Jul 17, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

If you had been paying attention to what I posted on #85 you would have noticed that I said in Greek, the original Greek.  No wonder you have been firing blank shots ever since and when you shoot live bullets you shoot yourself in the foot. tongue
Shut up again!
Where the entire gospels originally written in greek
Matthew is thought to have written in hebrew, here
http://www.mail-archive.com/islamkristen@yahoogroups.com/msg79531.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye / What Will The Atheists Say After The Rapture? / Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.