Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much (24660 Views)

10 Things To Never Say To Your Boss / Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs / 5 Occupations That Receive The Highest Number Of Insults In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by cartoonday(m): 1:41pm On Mar 01, 2016
Insults no dey gum 4 body abeg!!!
Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by oglalasioux(m): 1:42pm On Mar 01, 2016
yusufadebayo02:
Imagine you just got a new job and your salary is ₦850,000 monthly but your New Boss insults you too much and call you all sought of names…. You can Imagine!
What would you do?

I'll use my salary prudently and invest. Wetin concern fowl with tooth brush?
Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by anigbajumo(m): 1:43pm On Mar 01, 2016
Looking at the comments here,people dnt value their dignity and personalty anymore as far as money is involved. Like seriously,our Leaders has changed our orientation......

1 Like

Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by kevoh(m): 1:44pm On Mar 01, 2016
Would you prefer the insult of being jobless at home and when your neighbours return they will be asking you if NEPA brought light that day or beg you to help pay NEPA bills or simply collect your 850k with your boss's insult?
Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by asalimpo(m): 1:45pm On Mar 01, 2016
Op, at 850k/month, you could retire in 10-15yrs, never having to work again. If so, you saved or bought back 20-15 years of working life! Would 20yrs (or 15yrs) be worth all the verbal insults you get?
Note: theyre other humans like you who receive severe abuse for no fault of theirs because they're poor.
I'ved witnessed all of these:
A bikeman who gets flogged by an angry military officer.
For no fault of his.

A bottled drinks seller, who has all her goods confiscated by state enforcers.(typical occurence).

an okrika seller, made to do squats,shirtless, in public. By mopo , as people pass by. (very humiliating,i tell you)

A landlord who evicts a tenant in the middle of the night,throwing his things out.
etc.
These people endure insults just to survive yet you're gripping over verbal insults which is making you rich.
If you quit out of pride, you are saying that 10/15/20 yrs of your time is worth less than the pain of your boss insult.
Is it?

1 Like

Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by Emmacolinho(m): 1:47pm On Mar 01, 2016
[quote author=julyb post=43375492]To whom much is given.Mugh is expected .most likely u overrate yourself. your performance is below expectations. just bear the insult so u can learn and secure the job
Julyb making sense lyk Nelson mandela. D way dat u been talking won maa kpe e Elder
Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by seangy4konji: 1:49pm On Mar 01, 2016
His insults wi be like praise in my ears.

It would be like Kanye west giving me mad lyrics from a gold digger track.

Love ur insult bitch but bitch better pay my money.
Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by northvietnam(m): 1:50pm On Mar 01, 2016
I can be receiving hot slap every morning for 850k per month..

Devide 850 by 30 days , u will know how much u make in a day just for an ordinary insult.
Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by ichommy(m): 1:54pm On Mar 01, 2016
deanoffaculty:
850k? I will just draw a daily roaster of Insults and give it to him. Any day he forgot to insult me, I will send a reminder......'Boss, have you insulted me today?' grin grin
Insult is better than sack letter.......

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by haywhy59(m): 1:55pm On Mar 01, 2016
I will take d insult ooo... Even if he forgot to insult me in a day, i will go meet like boss u av nt insulted me today...
Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by asalimpo(m): 1:58pm On Mar 01, 2016
anigbajumo:
Looking at the comments here,people dnt value their dignity and personalty anymore as far as money is involved. Like seriously,our Leaders has changed our orientation......
bros, there's always a price tag.
It would be foolish to pass up N9m+/ year because of verbal/not physical insult, when you don't have any assurance of making half of that, by quiting.
Dignity that only inflates, the mind is vanity. Forget it.
If he/she quits, for say a 200k/job assuming she's lucky enough to find one, she'll have to work, 3 extra times longer to make what she was making before. Will her pride make up the difference?
Or should she endure, save up, and quit, working 3 times less than the next best alternative? Which is wiser?
Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 01, 2016
hero2000:

A very wise contribution! People don't understand that a person is more important than money. Most comments are of the view that as far money is gotten to hell with dignity and self worth. Imagine a person even asked to save as much as he can while there SO THAT he can start dishing out the insults when he owns his own business.

My dear, I have a few questions to ask you:

1. Does this boss insult every other person in your grade level?
2. If No, have sat down to identify the reason(s) for the insults?
3. Have you tried to tell him/her that the way she talks to you is not palatable to you?

Even if there is a weakness or incompetence on your part,resorting to insults is SO SO WRONG. It just shows his/her lack of leadership capacity. You may need guidance or even proper sanctions not insults.

If you are matured enough(note that we are all maturing) you may even feel sorry for the boss. He might have been regularly abused by his former bosses or even parents. So she feels that is the normal way to interact.

My advise? stay there until you feel you can't take it anymore or endure it until you move to another dept or so. Bottom line: If you decide to leave because you can't take the insult anymore, it is not necessarily a wrong step.

Money answereth all things bros, so because of insults, you quit your job, have you considered the family left behind to feed? Humble yourself and tolerate if possible find a better way to communicate with your boss so that the insults becomes less and who knows your boss might even get tired of insulting you one day.
Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by skedy1(m): 2:08pm On Mar 01, 2016
mebad:
Grow a thick skin to the insult until another better paying job comes .

Thick skin

That's way too far bro. Let the insults keep pouring on my bare skin!!

Na alert sure pass!
Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by domwas2(m): 2:12pm On Mar 01, 2016
Hmmm Pple can do anything for money

I respect myself more than anything in life, anywhere I find myself if am not happy no amount will let me stay .
I remember shoving my last good paying job into my boss ass* when I realized he never see anything good in d staff till today he respect we are friend now on WhatsApp
Even my present job my boss know me, he always put please in everything he want to say.

People will never respect or value u bcs u never respect bor value urselfitself

What's the use or meaning of life when u never happy at where u spend most of ur time and but smile to d bank...pple like that don't live long to spend the money,
Happiness is more than money

2 Likes

Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by anigbajumo(m): 2:13pm On Mar 01, 2016
asalimpo:

bros, there's always a price tag.
It would be foolish to pass up N9m+/ year because of verbal/not physical insult, when you don't have any assurance of making half of that, by quiting.
Dignity that only inflates, the mind is vanity. Forget it.
If he/she quits, for say a 200k/job assuming she's lucky enough to find one, she'll have to work, 3 extra times longer to make what she was making before. Will her pride make up the difference?
Or should she endure, save up, and quit, working 3 times less than the next best alternative? Which is wiser?

Bro,it seems u dnt understand the content of my comments ver well.I said," our Leaders has changed our orientation "....If their is enough alternatives' ,what will it stop someone to shun that job nd seek for another one....Bt our Leaders dnt provide conducive environment for us...

1 Like

Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by deanoffaculty: 2:16pm On Mar 01, 2016
vfactor:

Your current situation is very bad. I understand.
On the contrary, it's not very bad and am grateful to God. If not for the grace of God sustaining Nigerians, Is the current situation not more than bad?
Wait ooo! @Vfactor,is your salary above #850k? Cos you dey form chairman like Dangote.... undecided undecided
Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by asalimpo(m): 2:20pm On Mar 01, 2016
anigbajumo:

Bro,it seems u dnt understand the content of my comments ver well.I said," our Leaders has changed our orientation "....If their is enough alternatives' ,what will it stop someone to shun that job nd seek for another one....Bt our Leaders dnt provide conducive environment for us...
ok, I get you now.
Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by Uten9z(m): 2:21pm On Mar 01, 2016
Are u sure is insult or molestation,cus I don't think ur being paid 850k to get insults in some1s amusement if getting all tinz ryt at work unless u fall short of expectations and some1 beta was sacked for u even if the MG's choice was laid off. besides insult don't kill.
Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by SkinnyDude(m): 2:23pm On Mar 01, 2016
Walexz02:
Nonsense! No more dignity and self worth among our people again! angry everyone worship money and that's why our society is deteriorating undecided
na you be dignity.. and when he's sacked, and becomes helpless. then goes to you for help, you will ignore him and label him 'lazy azz'
Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 01, 2016
...i will tell him to add flogging it smiley

1 Like

Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by emenideen(m): 2:29pm On Mar 01, 2016
If, for example, boss calls me a goat always. I'd simply find d nearest court/registry and effect a name change.
Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by Julietcutie(f): 2:33pm On Mar 01, 2016
deanoffaculty:
850k? I will just draw a daily roaster of Insults and give it to him. Any day he forgot to insult me, I will send a reminder......'Boss, have you insulted me today?' grin grin
Insult is better than sack letter.......
lol u just made me laugh like mumu now inside Bank... lwkm

1 Like

Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by eminent007(m): 2:34pm On Mar 01, 2016
jashar:
Insults don't pay the bills; money does. cheesy. Ignore the insults and work hard as long as the money is paid on time without stories that touch. grin

Even Jesus the Christ was insulted, so who you be? cheesy

I tire for the guy oo.
Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by eminent007(m): 2:35pm On Mar 01, 2016
Walexz02:
Nonsense! No more dignity and self worth among our people again! angry everyone worship money and that's why our society is deteriorating undecided

Make una come see Lai brethren ooo.
Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by DABACON(m): 2:41pm On Mar 01, 2016
He must insult o or else e no go rest for im office. 850k ehhhh 8.5million in 10 months ...abeg make e add slap make the money increase go 1 m

2 Likes

Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by deanoffaculty: 2:42pm On Mar 01, 2016
Julietcutie:

lol u just made me laugh like mumu now inside Bank... lwkm

grin grin grin....

Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by deanoffaculty: 2:43pm On Mar 01, 2016
DABACON:
He must insult o or else e no go rest for im office. 850k ehhhh 8.5million in 10 months ...abeg make e add slap make the money increase go 1 m
grin grin grin...lol!
Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by vicolurin(f): 2:44pm On Mar 01, 2016
will continue receiving d insults till i get d job of 1.5 million salary
Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by Debola69(m): 2:44pm On Mar 01, 2016
yusufadebayo02:
Imagine you just got a new job and your salary is ₦850,000 monthly but your New Boss insults you too much and call you all sought of names…. You can Imagine!
What would you do?

*Runs to the podium...Grabs mic*

Huh? ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME??

850K? Abeg how many companies pay that much these days?

Anyway, lemme show you how it works. See ehn?

Salary - N850,000.00k per month or about N28,300.00K a day (Assuming he punishes me by working every facking day)

Cost of Special Shisha per day - N400

Cost of Fresh Strawberry Flavoured Yoghurt per day - N1000

Cost of quality time at The Cave night club per day - N8,000

COST TOTAL - N9,400.00K

Now Salaray per day minus Cost Total - N28,300 - N9,400 = .......*drum roll* I AM N18,900.00K RICHER EVERY FACKING DAY.

Abeg i need this kind of job.

GIVE IT TO ME!

*Drops mic*
Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by DABACON(m): 2:46pm On Mar 01, 2016
eminent007:

Make una come see Lai brethren ooo.

You can not really define yourself until when you get hold of real money. Who you really are will suffice when $10 million dollars suddenly lands ur account compare to ur $20
Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by alaskido(m): 2:49pm On Mar 01, 2016
Men, in this country where there are no jobs. Where Buhari has turned normal men and women into mad people. Please bear the insults so long as you keep on receiving your bank alerts. Whenever he insults you just smile and thank him. grin grin
Re: You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much by Julietcutie(f): 2:51pm On Mar 01, 2016
deanoffaculty:
grin grin grin....
grin amen lol @d pix

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff / Adamawa Policeman Weeps As He Is Dismissed From Service For Wrongdoing (Video) / 7 Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.