Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? (14033 Views)

Lady Shares Chat As Her Admirer Dies Barely 24 Hours After Chatting / How Do I Spice Up The Conversation When Chatting With A Girl / Whatsapp Mistakes Guys Make When Chatting With A Lady They Want To Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 01, 2016
I've noticed,when yhu meet a foreigner on a social media platform the are quick to point out were they are from,almost as if it'll promp yhu to worship them or feel not-up-to-their-level. sad ts. A shame really,Most times sef they point it out when the conversation has nothing to do with it,for example checkout tis conversation from a girl I sent a request to from fb,I saw a comment she made on something n twas realy smart...

Me:Hello
She:Hello there smiley (why do they like smileys so much sef)

Me: Uh..I saw yhu comment on (.........) Thought twas really smart...Tats why I sent a request...we cool?
She: sure!! Sure !! smiley ...I was just stating the obvious tho smiley smiley (she was talking about what she commented on)
Me: Yeah I know,I just enjoyed the way yhu did it...Sylvester is the name tho
She: Mine is (name withheld)
Me: smiley Nice Name...Nice dp too...yhu like volleyball I take it?...(She was holding a volleyball in her dp)
She: yeah...I was playing with my son that Day
Me: Cool..how old is he..
She: he'll be 3 by september his name is (name withheld)...Were are yhu from?
Me: Yhur asking,why?
She: Ts just Tat am from china
Me: Cool...I could tell yhu asian...I didn't see the need to know were From...How's yhur day goin?
She: Yhur African right?...Nice country
Me: Africa is not a country sad
She: just trying to be nice!
Me: No need for tat sad
She: Which country then?
She: ?

I was unfriending and blocking her while she was asking...B.itch my uncle is married to a chinese woman and when they came to Nigeria she was following him around like puppy dog,

Not only chinese people do tis Americans,indians sad even white south aficans !!...It annoys me when they do tat...There's even an Indian here on NL who thinks his country is Paradise sad....The saddening thing is Tat we give them the chance do all tis...I Read on NL sef about a Guy whose Lebanese boss slapped him here in Nigeria!! In his own country !! ...God help Nigerians sha

Lalasticlala

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 01, 2016
Unfortunately if you travel to China. They worship you like a god.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 01, 2016
Logician:
So I heard...twas annoying. sad
Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by Synzu(m): 2:33pm On Mar 01, 2016
Am I the only one who doesn't get this?

30 Likes

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 01, 2016
Synzu:
What part don't yhu get....The message am trying to get across?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by EOOJ(m): 2:40pm On Mar 01, 2016
She asked u where ur from, why didnt u answer Is it hard2 say

16 Likes

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 01, 2016
EOOJ:
She asked u where ur from, why didnt u answer Is it hard2 say
It seemed like a harmless question but I know what usually comes after the answer...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by EOOJ(m): 2:49pm On Mar 01, 2016
slyIsaac:

It seemed like a harmless question but I know what usually comes after the answer...
yeah i know but atleast u shud have given her a chance to prove herself rada dan concluding and making assumptions outta experience i guess cheesy

24 Likes

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by datola: 2:50pm On Mar 01, 2016
It's a good practice for you to state your region or where you are from when meeting a foreigner now.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by Danfuster(m): 2:55pm On Mar 01, 2016
Logician:

They worship Africans, Nigerian men especially like gods cos they desire and adore our condo coupled with our strength in bed. The new trend now is Chinese women disvirgin twice...so now you know what cock does the second.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 01, 2016
datola:

It's a good practice for you to state your region or where you are from when meeting a foreigner now.
Yeah,it is good practice,But the reason she gave me is "its just that am from china"....sad

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by BoiledHead(m): 2:56pm On Mar 01, 2016
Op you are a big fool with low self esteem.

Just see yourself. A foreigner asked where you are from you are finding an issue in that. What are you shamed of? Abeg make una free this foreigners jare

Una too get low self esteem. I have a few foreigners on my bbm and Facebook. They know I'm proudly Nigerian. And we flow well.

Be proud of you are.. when you Are proud of your fatherland you won't pick an issue when a foreigner asks where you come from. You know u are a foreigner to them right?

Dumbass

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 01, 2016
BoiledHead:
Op you are a big fool with low self esteem.

Just see yourself. A foreigner asked where you are from you are finding an issue in that. What are you shamed of? Abeg make una free this foreigners jare

Una too get low self esteem. I have a few foreigners on my bbm and Facebook. They know I'm proudly Nigerian. And we flow well.

Be proud of you are.. when you Are proud of your fatherland you won't pick an issue when a foreigner asks where you come from. You know u are a foreigner to them right?

Dumbass
Smh...I woulda said somthn but lemme just report yhu...P.s. When next yhu come on here learn the meaning of self esteem..And also learn tat ts no way related to what am trying to point out...sad

**modified**
I just read yhur comment finish sef...I also have lots of 'foreigner friends' both on social media and personally....they all know am proudly Nigerian..ts never been an issue... Its not even the issue in my thread...Am still reporting yhu thoundecided

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by BoiledHead(m): 3:04pm On Mar 01, 2016
slyIsaac:

Smh...I woulda said somthn but lemme just report yhu...P.s. When next yhu come on here learn the meaning of self esteem..And also learn tat ts no way related to what am trying to point out...sad

Mtcheew.. what are you saying?

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 01, 2016
BoiledHead:

Mtcheew.. what are you saying?

In a language yhu understand : I Will TELL FOR YOU!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by BoiledHead(m): 3:09pm On Mar 01, 2016
slyIsaac:

Mtcheew

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 01, 2016
Synzu:
Lol no ur not alone

Still dont get what op is on about undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2016
Synzu is that your twin bro shocked
Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by akike: 4:59pm On Mar 01, 2016
Very annoying

I am used to it now sad

1 Like

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by shulamitewoman(f): 5:07pm On Mar 01, 2016
I didn't see anytin wrong wif d ladie's question..she just asked a simple question..

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by gsalvatore: 5:13pm On Mar 01, 2016
I understand the clearly what the Op is saying.

"it's just that I'm from China" should be enough to understand what the Op is saying...it has nothing to do with low esteem, I even think the Op was kinda arrogant which reeks "I don't give a damn attitude".

The point is most foreigners are dumb as against how we see them...I think the woman is the person with low esteem... She first off casted her China by saying "it's just that I'm from China" like if she is stupid you'd understand that Chinese are stupid or something before she asked you where you are from.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 01, 2016
Never happened to me, Instead, they worship me cause am from Nigeria. Maybe cause am proudly 9ja

1 Like

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by Mustay(m): 6:13pm On Mar 01, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by mclaaro(f): 7:28pm On Mar 01, 2016
Logician:
that's not true. Only if they think you are a black American . They are racists, they look down on Africans

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 01, 2016
gsalvatore:
I understand the clearly what the Op is saying.

"it's just that I'm from China" should be enough to understand what the Op is saying...it has nothing to do with low esteem, I even think the Op was kinda arrogant which reeks "I don't give a damn attitude".

The point is most foreigners are dumb as against how we see them...I think the woman is the person with low esteem... She first off casted her China by saying "it's just that I'm from China" like if she is stupid you'd understand that Chinese are stupid or something before she asked you where you are from.

Finally someone with sense....
There's a boiledhead on here who thinks I lack. Self esteem

1 Like

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by jieta: 8:00pm On Mar 01, 2016
slyIsaac:

**modified**
I just read yhur comment finish sef...I also have lots of 'foreigner friends' both on social media and personally....they all know am proudly Nigerian..ts never been an issue... Its not even the issue in my thread...Am still reporting yhu thoundecided
u are behaving like a kid

u can report me as well.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 01, 2016
jieta:
u are behaving like a kid

u can report me as well.
Is tat how yhu call it...I call it 'taking the high road' bruhh ....takes a kid to know a kid tho

1 Like

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by naijagobetter(m): 8:35pm On Mar 01, 2016
Logician:
worship you ke? Or watching you prelude to devouring you as a meal, thel love black folks as a dish you know
Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 01, 2016
I do this cheesy
But it's always comes up or I'm explain' my speach/type or that I don't get somethin'.
It's ether that or be labeled "posh".
Oh an why not
Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 01, 2016
Probably cause we are not proud of our country. Mostly due to scammers everywhere .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by bebe2(f): 8:54pm On Mar 01, 2016
Na inferiority complex dey worry u.

The lady is being very nice to u, looking for things u guys have in common or conversation starter but complex no let u carry on with the chat grin grin

Are u not proud of ur country?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? by taurus21: 9:00pm On Mar 01, 2016
slyIsaac:

I noticed how you kept on spelling "you" as "yhu", I don't get it? They're both 3 lettered words why do you go ahead to spell it wrongly, please help me understand.

I apologize if you feel I'm derailing your thread.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job / The Wooing Challenge [rules & Schedule] / Funke My S£xy Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.