Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job (14029 Views)

LADIES! What Job Or Profession Of A Man Can Make You Not Date Or Marry Him?? / My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by MBG4Real(m): 6:53pm On Feb 12, 2011
My friend is getting frustrated day after day. He is a graduate of Sociology. He has been trying to get a good job before getting married. He keeps getting jobs that pay very little and he has no money to start a good business. His current job pays only =N=17,000 per month.

My friend is getting old and he knows it. He will turn 33 by July. His current girl friend refused to marry him when he proposed to her last month.

What would the poor boy do?
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by 190: 6:55pm On Feb 12, 2011
keep praying and working harder

trying to get other jobs, nigeria is really finished
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 12, 2011
I wouldn't marry him either.

But I would wait for him when he's financially ready, then we can get marry.

The process itself is a lot of expensive not to talk of our day to day living. tongue

But unlike the girl, I wouldn't turn him down, I would encourage him to get serious, and keep looking for work.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by hackney(m): 7:07pm On Feb 12, 2011
The man read sociology.
He might get a job in abuja (something to do with politics undecided )
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by MBG4Real(m): 7:10pm On Feb 12, 2011
rokiatu:

I wouldn't marry him either.

But I would wait for him when he's financially ready, then we can get marry.

The process itself is a lot of expensive not to talk of our day to day living. tongue

But unlike the girl, I wouldn't turn him down, I would encourage him to get serious, and keep looking for work.

But age is not on his side. He told me he is 33 but I know he is up to 35.  What happens if he turns 40 and the  good job refuses to come.

190:

keep praying and working harder

trying to get other jobs, nigeria is really finished

I have told him to be praying also. @190  put him in your own prayers too.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by MrCork17: 7:14pm On Feb 12, 2011
MBG4Real:

My friend is getting frustrated day after day. He is a graduate of Sociology. He has been trying to get a good job before getting married. He keeps getting jobs that pay very little and he has no money to start a good business. His current job pays only =N=17,000 per month.

My friend is getting old and he knows it. He will turn 33 by July. His current girl friend refused to marry him when he proposed to her last month.

What would the poor boy do?

Open a Karate Schoool! wink
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by 190: 7:18pm On Feb 12, 2011
MBG4Real:

I have told him to be praying also. @190  put him in your own prayers too.

OK, whats his name so i can start a 5 day prayer harvest on him grin grin
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Atreides(f): 7:20pm On Feb 12, 2011
No i wouldn't.
This country ehn. . Smh. SUcking the hope and dreams out of young and hungry people.
Maybe we'll do our own Tahrir square very soon.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by MMM2(m): 7:21pm On Feb 12, 2011
ur signature in NL should be a word of encouragement 2 him.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by MBG4Real(m): 7:30pm On Feb 12, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Open a Karate Schoool! wink

@Mr, Cork, this is not a joke. A brother is in a precarious situation here.
He can't teach Karate cause he didn't learn that.

190:

OK, whats his name so i can start a 5 day prayer harvest on him grin grin

His name is John
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by deniyor: 7:31pm On Feb 12, 2011
He should dump the girl when he gets the good job.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 12, 2011
^^^ shocked
no,i wouldnt marry him, but i wouldnt turn him down either
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by 190: 7:38pm On Feb 12, 2011
bhusayor:

^^^ shocked
kiss kiss kiss
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Atreides(f): 7:41pm On Feb 12, 2011
bhusayor:

^^^ shocked
So what would you do?
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Evagreenfields: 7:53pm On Feb 12, 2011
bhusayor:

^^^ shocked
wats the point in giving him false hope and then u move on @ ur convinence?
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Evagreenfields: 7:53pm On Feb 12, 2011
bhusayor:

^^^ shocked
wats the point in giving him false hope and then u move on @ ur convinence?
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by pwiz(m): 8:03pm On Feb 12, 2011
OP send is CV may be i cn be of help
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 12, 2011
Evagreenfields:

wats the point in giving him false hope and then u move on @ your convinence?
Atreides:

So what would you do?

For him to have proposed to me,we must have come a long way together,and i wouldnt turn him down because of his salary (provided he is very hardworking ,optimistic and all other qualities i want are still in place).Moreover  he is a graduate,so all hope is not lost,
 2ndly,i'm not giving him false hope,i wont go anywher,i just wouldnt want to be in a marriage where one of the basics is lacking 'financial security'
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Evagreenfields: 8:13pm On Feb 12, 2011
p.wiz:

OP send is CV may be i cn be of help
cn i send mine too?
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Evagreenfields: 8:25pm On Feb 12, 2011
bhusayor:

For him to have proposed to me,we must have come a long way together,and i wouldnt turn him down because of his salary (provided he is very hardworking ,optimistic and all other qualities i want are still in place).Moreover  he is a graduate,so all hope is not lost,
 2ndly,i'm not giving him false hope,i wont go anywher,i just wouldnt want to be in a marriage where one of the basics is lacking 'financial security'
ur kinda contradicting urself.anyways wat happens when age is not on ur side?
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 12, 2011
In a situation like this,it depends on what you want and the guy in question,i mean the other qualities he has.I can still be in a relationship with him hopin and encouraging him that things will get better but i wont venture into marriage without financial security,@least to an extent,certain things have to be in place before marriage sets in, and to your question,even if age is not on my side,i wouldnt just leave him and then go for go for an already made man who i dont knw much about
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by degubi(m): 8:58pm On Feb 12, 2011
When my brother got married he was earning N15,000 but his wife was supportive even though she was not working as well, today they are doing well and my brother has a good job that pays well. Yoiur friend is a graduate with a lot of prospect, he needs to continue to believe as well as look for those opportunities that will bring the break he longs for. I do not blame the lady its not easy seeing beyond the present but if she is supportive in every way so much can really happen for him.

Nigeria is such a ridiculous country.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by no1madman(m): 9:00pm On Feb 12, 2011
Opportunists plenty here!. . .am not surprised at all.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by MrsChima(f): 9:03pm On Feb 12, 2011
No. I wouldn't have marry Mr. Chima without a job. I don't care what kind of job a man has to do to support his family. I don't need a rich man but I sure the hell don't need a poor man.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Dsense(m): 10:51pm On Feb 12, 2011
OP.
Tel him to work harder and to try another girl . . . . .Tha girl is never his girl.
Atleast the dude still got a job,though little wages but still something . . .Why are some women like this?
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Natudu: 10:58pm On Feb 12, 2011
Na wa o! What is the place of love in this relationship? Isn't real love supposed to be supportive and ''blind''?

Now for proper naija sense. If na me, i go bone the girl continue dey find work. Wen i get beta work, me go look for beta girl join.

Dis kain chic wey no wan marry ur friend sake of say im no hol. Na beta girl be dat? What if ur guy coins emaciate tomorrow, dis kain girl no go remove leave am?

Abeg, leave mata for mathaias. How many people get better job for naija now sef. Abi una no dey hear of minimun wage eh? Una think say na for newspaper e dey exist?
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by MBG4Real(m): 11:13pm On Feb 12, 2011
p.wiz:

OP send his CV may be i cn be of help

Give me your email.

bhusayor:

In a situation like this,it depends on what you want and the guy in question,i mean the other qualities he has.I can still be in a relationship with him hopin and encouraging him that things will get better but i wont venture into marriage without financial security,@least to an extent,certain things have to be in place before marriage sets in, and to your question,even if age is not on my side,i wouldnt just leave him and then go for go for an already made man who i dont knw much about

If you can't say yes, what is the need of hanging around. You want to be a "fair weather friend". Since you believe that things can get better for him, why don't you provide the support until things gets better. You are a fake.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by martho(m): 11:55pm On Feb 12, 2011
If she can't marry him now,then she's not good enough 4 him.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by boy1(m): 12:06am On Feb 13, 2011
Make she Bleep off! she's fake!
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by MBG4Real(m): 7:41am On Feb 13, 2011
undecided^^^ I said so.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by boy1(m): 11:13am On Feb 13, 2011
^^He should worry less and take more action
When he makes d money,i'll tell him how 2 treat dat fake thing called girlfriend.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by MBG4Real(m): 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2011
tongue
lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married / How To Attract Rich Men In Nigeria / Narrate To Us Your Sex Escapades As A Corper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.