Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING (55054 Views)

Ghana's President, John Mahama Inducted Into Ovation International Hall Of Fame / President John Mahama Of Ghana In Full Military Regalia (photos) / President Magufuli Sacks Charles Kitwanga, Drunk Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Awoofawo(m): 10:42pm On Mar 01, 2016
On November 5, 2015 Tanzania swore into office a new President. Coincidentally he is also a John.

John Magufuli is doing what has been termed the “Rwandanisation of Tanzania”. If you dont know about what Paul Kagame has done with Rwanda make Google your friend.

New Tanzania President did this in just 3 Month - AMAZING

Here are some of the things John Magufuli has done already in LESS THAN A MONTH. Not in 3 or 6 years, one month. He’s shown a clear commitment to walk the talk but not to talk and talk and talk and talk more like we do here:

1. Soon after his election, Magufuli declared there would be no celebration of Independence Day on 9 December because it would be “shameful” to spend huge sums of money on the celebrations when people were dying of cholera. Instead, the day has been set as a national day of cleanliness, and the money will go toward street¬cleaning services. He has said everybody should pick up their tools and clean their backyards.

2. After his first official visit to the Muhimbili Hospital, and seeing the horrible state it was in, he ordered over 200 million shillings marked for “parliament parties” be used to pay for beds for people lying on the floor and sharing beds.

A few days later 300 beds were delivered. He dismissed the governing board and got a new team in place, and within days the broken MRI was fixed. He also pared down his inauguration party from $100,000 to $7,000 and sent the extra money to the hospital.

3. Three days into his term, Magufuli announced a ban on all foreign travel by government officials. They have been instructed to instead make regular visits to rural areas to learn and help solve problems facing everyday Tanzanians. All tasks that required officials to travel abroad would instead be done by high commissioners and ambassadors who are already in place.

4. He has restricted all first¬ and business class travel to government officials, except the president, vice¬president and prime minister.

5. There will be no more workshops and seminars in expensive hotels when there are so many ministry board rooms available.

6. He suspended the Tanzania Revenue Authority’s chief and other officials pending investigations after a visit by Prime Minister Kassim Majaliwa to the port of Dar es Salaam found 350 containers listed in its books were missing.

7. When he had to travel 600km to Dodoma, from Dar, to officially open parliament last week, he didn’t order a private jet – instead, he chose to drive.

8. At the National Assembly in Dodoma last week he clearly sent out the message that it will not be business as usual under his leadership.

9. He promised to cut public spending, fight corruption and enhance accountability in public service. He said it is time for Tanzanians to walk the talk.

10. Magufuli reportedly told parliamentary leaders that the people of Tanzania want him to solve their problems and not make speeches.

How I wish we could learn….By Kwame Gyan

http://www.merih-news.com/2015/12/07/new-tanzania-president-did-this-in-just-3-month-amazing/#

Baba Bubu see your mate dey do wonder angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

448 Likes 61 Shares

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by enigstil(m): 10:48pm On Mar 01, 2016
Are u for real, this is what other African leaders should be doing. Nice one

155 Likes 11 Shares

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 01, 2016
This is what Zombies thought Buhari will do but he has budgeted more fro state clinic than all the teaching hospitals combined

310 Likes 25 Shares

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by adegunwa4real(m): 10:58pm On Mar 01, 2016
Impressive.....now, this proves that governing a country is not as difficult as our own leaders made it seems!...as a matter of fact, its time we stop voting for those above 50! angry

140 Likes 8 Shares

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Bilabong(m): 11:08pm On Mar 01, 2016
who fit copy this man life paste for buhari ?

129 Likes 8 Shares

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by divinehand2003(m): 11:11pm On Mar 01, 2016
THIS IS THE HIGH DEFINITION OF CHANGE.
I AM BEGINNING TO BELIEVE THAT THE APC's PROMISED CHANGE IS A HOAX. CHANGE NEEDS DRASTIC STEPS TAKEN, ACTION PACKED MOVES BUT NOT TRAVELLING TRAVELERS WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT TO DO WITH GOOD LEADERSHIP.

119 Likes 11 Shares

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by IdomaLikita: 11:12pm On Mar 01, 2016
I've Ben following him since his inaugration.....the man using 21st century ideas to govern his people..Tanzania has always had Politically Mature Rulers sha!

113 Likes 9 Shares

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Flexherbal(m): 11:12pm On Mar 01, 2016
All african leaders should go and learn from him.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by tuscani: 11:26pm On Mar 01, 2016
Buhari will not change, but he wants others to change

109 Likes 10 Shares

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:54pm On Mar 01, 2016
Poverty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by nnachukz(m): 11:55pm On Mar 01, 2016
Even your enemies will see your good work if you are sincere. Buhari is only living his dreamed life from our common wealth even his supporters know this but ethnicity and tribalism will never allow them to say the truth. How many countries has the Tanzanian president visited before he could bring change to his countrymen? Ours keep flying even when he can't pay salaries on time. Where on earth has a country been govern successfully by body language?

175 Likes 16 Shares

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 02, 2016
Impressive.....now, this proves that governing a country is not as difficult as our own leaders made it seems!...as a matter of fact, its time we stop voting for those above 50! Seconded!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Nobody: 12:47am On Mar 02, 2016
;

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 02, 2016
Now this is CHANGE... not some waka waka people licking from both sides of their mouth.

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by calobinna(m): 1:26am On Mar 02, 2016
This is real change not the Five naira change Buhari's been giving to us since.... Rwanda's rescue mission didn't last months but these our politicians sef, they make solvable issues difficult and they preach change... let's see about 2019. PMB avoided our presidential debate, I now see reasons he did so but I'm still up for surprises sha!

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by tomakint: 2:36am On Mar 02, 2016
Now that's an African great son and President in whom I am well pleased. Nigerians deserve the type of leaders that rule over them. Highly hypocritical and sentimental set of homo sapiens....who are fond of celebrating mediocrity. How can you have the likes of Fashola and Amaechi as ministers and you expect such a country to grow. You na never start.....

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by bidexmat(m): 4:20am On Mar 02, 2016
' ........ kon see your younger brother o! No be to deh waka like dog weh dem knack am stick for head

11 Likes

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:29am On Mar 02, 2016
Zombies Sabi avoid thread like this!!!

419 change

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Nobody: 4:39am On Mar 02, 2016
The only Nigerian version of this man is AYODELE FAYOSE. Quote me anywhere.tongue

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by duduade: 4:40am On Mar 02, 2016
And so....

Please don't compare him to ours o..

2 Likes

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by duduade: 4:41am On Mar 02, 2016
SirJeffry:
The only Nigerian version of this man is AYODELE FAYOSE. Quote me anywhere.tongue

GAWDFORBIDDDDDD..

NO BE EKITI BE THE HIGHEST IN OPEN DEFECATIONDEFECATION in NIGERIA

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by ril19(m): 4:55am On Mar 02, 2016
No. 3: he banned all foreign trips by government officials. bravo move. even john mahama of ghana did the same but i trust my lieing naija politicians, they will NEVER stop being enticed by foreign trips

19 Likes

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by gratiaeo(m): 5:01am On Mar 02, 2016
"You will buy fuel from black market at 250 per litre, use it to operate your generator so you can charge your phone, you are still taxed multiple times in the name of stamp duty, yet you buy data and come on Nairaland to defend this government. Where is your sense?"

235 Likes 37 Shares

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by jay2pee(m): 5:29am On Mar 02, 2016
This is a real leader every nation desire, and not a tourist like buubuu

5 Likes

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by M4gunners: 5:29am On Mar 02, 2016
He traveled with car instead of ordering for jet.Mehn this Man came to work not to enjoy.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by blackpanda: 5:35am On Mar 02, 2016
I didnt see anything amazing there. All this desperate hopeless wailers sha! Lubbish

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by blackpanda: 5:38am On Mar 02, 2016
ril19:
No. 3: he banned all foreign trips by government officials. bravo move. even john mahama of ghana did the same but i trust my lieing naija politicians, they will NEVER stop being enticed by foreign trips

Foreign trips are not for pleasure, else america, uk, russia etc would have banned it too. Since GEJ's tenure govt has placed embargo on frivolous trips outside d country. All trips must be justified. So stop shaming your country unnecessarily. Nigerians have this attitude of always looking down on themselves. Its wrong!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Nobody: 5:44am On Mar 02, 2016
How can buhari do this wen he hasnt obeyed d voice of Tinubu, northern cabals or sunni islamic leaders
una go old.... grin

12 Likes

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by kingbasil: 6:02am On Mar 02, 2016
blackpanda:
I didnt see anything amazing there. All this desperate hopeless wailers sha! Lubbish

Shut it there you senseless zombie...

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by blackpanda: 6:06am On Mar 02, 2016
kingbasil:

Shut it there you senseless zombie...

Lol..hateful negative wailer! You desperados can relocate to cameroun for all I care. Enemies of progress!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by menacetosociety: 6:08am On Mar 02, 2016
blackpanda:
U dey mind this IPOB cretins grin I know Tanzania like the palm of my hand!na wash

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by kingbasil: 6:10am On Mar 02, 2016
blackpanda:

Lol..hateful negative wailer! You desperados can relocate to cameroun for all I care. Enemies of progress!

Keep defending the destructive change your master is dishing out. But don't lament when the negativity affects you...

38 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of Adama Barrow And His Two Wives, The First Ladies / Heavy Explosion Outside Kabul Airport, Casualties Unclear - Pentagon / Death And Destructions On Ukraine’s Bombarded Streets (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.