Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,669 members, 7,820,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING (55072 Views)

Ghana's President, John Mahama Inducted Into Ovation International Hall Of Fame / President John Mahama Of Ghana In Full Military Regalia (photos) / President Magufuli Sacks Charles Kitwanga, Drunk Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by adegunwa4real(m): 12:04am On Mar 03, 2016
phineboy1pimple:

What's the population of Tanzania? What's the land mass like? How many ethic groups make up the people of Tanzania? Answer all these and relate it to that of OUR BELOVED country Nigeria....

We should try to appreciate "EFFORTS" and what we have no matter how little.... #SAIBABA#

Nay...perhaps you should answer this...how close is Tanzania's economics to ours? When you answer this, I'll answer your questions
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by DanjaNinja(m): 1:49am On Mar 03, 2016
Image123:

Buhari halved his salary for instance, who followed?
There is absolutely no sense in cancelling all presidential foreign trips for 6months, they are not going there to play or sight see. They are moving around asking for help, meeting over loans, foreign investment, security details, oil markets and prices, recovering Nigeria's wealth etc. These are all necessary visits that are yielding and will still yield good fruits in time to come. It is foundational work, or you think sending emails and chatting on whatsapp is what will do the work?
Buhari does not need to visit hospitals, though i remember him at one during a boko haram attack sometimes last year. He is not a doctor, and he is paying ministers and other government workers to do that. His work is mainly administrative and his budget is yet to be approved, which ties his hands to an extent. What exactly is happening in hospitals that you think he needs to start visiting, is he a miracle man or what?
The money allocated to feeding in Aso Rock is not up a billion, quit the lying(exaggeration).
It is too early to conclude the outcome of the first four years of the current government.

There is absolutely no sense in cancelling all presidential foreign trips for 6months, they are not going there to play or sight see. They are moving around asking for help, meeting over loans, foreign investment, security details, oil markets and prices, recovering Nigeria's wealth etc. These are all necessary visits that are yielding and will still yield good fruits in time to come. It is foundational work, or you think sending emails and chatting on whatsapp is what will do the work?

you got me laughing at the bolded. "They are not going there to sight see". Really? Lol. Let us objectively walk through your comment.

They are moving around asking for help,
What help is he seeking? Technical, political or military? Have you forgotten his trip to USA seeking military help? What good did that yield?
Before you ask for help, figure out the solution to your problems, implement those solutions and if all options fail, feel free to ask for help.
In this case, where are the local solutions Buhari and his team has offered?

meeting over loans
Did you see the 2016 budget? if you can ask for N322,421,971 to link a cable to the drivers’ restroom at the presidential villa, request to spend another N213,873,953 for linking of a cable from Guest House No 9,evidently, then you have no business seeking for loans.

foreign investment
getting foreign investment is not rocket science. You want foreign investment? Simple, create clear cut economic policies, tax/financial incentives and a safe environment. Then watch your FDI increase. This is simple economics. However, given the lack of clear cut economic policies that we currently have, dont expect any foreign investment.

security details, oil markets and prices,
Security is a local problem. The earlier we realise nobody will help us fight Boko Haram, the better for us all. Find out the root cause of the problem and implement a solution. Thats all it takes. Realistically, it might not be this simple but generally, those are the requirements.

And oil market/prices? - So you think Buhari has any influence over the price of Brent or Light sweet crude. angry angry

The Hospitals
The reason i brought up the hospitals was because according to the O/P's article, the Tanzanian president - John Magufuli apparently made an impromptu visit to the largest hospital in Tanzania, i watched the video myself. What he saw was an eye opener - Patients on the floor, non functional hospital equipments and the usual dose of African inefficiencies. I say african cos funds were allocated for these services yet non was functional. Now, I agree with you that the job of the president is to create policies and delegate tasks accordingly to the ministers. Nonetheless, occasionally, as the president, you need to step out and actually observe the implementation of your policies. Sitting in Aso Rock or travelling over the world is not acceptable in this situation. You might think this is unnecessary but that visit to the tanzanian hospital led to unprecedented improvements - the head of the hospital was fired, more beds were bought, equipments that were not functional all became operational. You see the difference? In summary, it is not enough to create policies, get your ass up and monitor the implementation of the policies. Doing this sends a very clear message that "inefficiency will not be tolerated".

2 Likes

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by ApexTitan(m): 2:45am On Mar 03, 2016
Image123:

Buhari halved his salary for instance, who followed?
Buhari does not need to visit hospitals, though i remember him at one during a boko haram attack sometimes last year. He is not a doctor, and he is paying ministers and other government workers to do that. His work is mainly administrative and his budget is yet to be approved, which ties his hands to an extent. What exactly is happening in hospitals that you think he needs to start visiting, is he a miracle man or what?
The money allocated to feeding in Aso Rock is not up a billion, quit the lying(exaggeration).
It is too early to conclude the outcome of the first four years of the current government.

If you had only made the slightest of efforts to cross check what you so vehemently defended.

People like you keep making excuses for poor leadership even when you don't gain anything other than having your ego investments sustained.

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by K114: 3:17am On Mar 03, 2016
That is a president taking action., Taking the bull by its horn. Action is better than words
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Image123(m): 4:39am On Mar 03, 2016
ApexTitan:

If you had only made the slightest of efforts to cross check what you so vehemently defended.

People like you keep making excuses for poor leadership even when you don't gain anything other than having your ego investments sustained.

For a millisecond, i feared i was wrong after my gragra and boldness(lol), only for you to support my views with picture. Your picture is saying what i said, that costs have been cut compared to previous budgets. There's no billions allocated to feeding. Please be objective, this is very clear to see.
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Holarmide(m): 5:51am On Mar 03, 2016
Enough of all this. If Nigerians can vote me in as President of Nigeria, I promise to do this. But wait a minute. Na ssce i get o.
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Image123(m): 9:43am On Mar 03, 2016
DanjaNinja:

you got me laughing at the bolded. "They are not going there to sight see". Really? Lol. Let us objectively walk through your comment.

They are moving around asking for help,
What help is he seeking? Technical, political or military? Have you forgotten his trip to USA seeking military help? What good did that yield?
Before you ask for help, figure out the solution to your problems, implement those solutions and if all options fail, feel free to ask for help.
In this case, where are the local solutions Buhari and his team has offered?

Thank you for your attempt at objectivity. it is a very rare feature/attempt from anti-Buhari people. He is seeking all kinds of help, economic, political, security, investment, information, repatriation, diplomatic etc. Nigeria was totally on the brinks and virtually a pariah state. he's tried to restore some dignity to us in the committee of nations. Nigeria has gained her respect and relevance back slowly and surely. His trip to the US was not just for military, howerver, if you have been conversant with the news, you would have heard that the US gave us some of their weapons, asides the $5million(or so) they initiallly gave us to combat boko haram. Recently also, they have sent soldiers to help the MNJTF with logistics at the areas where the boko haram is still believed to be in. France and other countries have also helped with money and logistics. they are even training our soldiers to speak French so as to ensure communication with neighbouring soldiers.
The local solutions Buhari and his team gave was to take the military base from Abuja to Bornu state, rally round the neighbouring countries(Chad, Niger, Cameroun and Benin) to restrategise the fight, with Nigeria now LEADING the MNJTF instead of the former methods that obtained, where Nigeria soldiers were running away from boko haram and mercenaries from South Africa were the ones doing their job, then soldiers from Chad and Niger were coming into Nigeria anytime they wanted to help us fight boko haram, while boko were pillaging our barracks and mutiny was growing in the army. Now, Nigeria(NA) is in charge of Nigeria, MNJTF is incharge of border areas and working together with logistics. Chad President is no longer our big brother come to our rescue. Boko haram has been subdued so far and even their resort to suicide bombing insurgency has been very subdued.

meeting over loans
Did you see the 2016 budget? if you can ask for N322,421,971 to link a cable to the drivers’ restroom at the presidential villa, request to spend another N213,873,953 for linking of a cable from Guest House No 9,evidently, then you have no business seeking for loans.
The budget is a huge embarrassment, even to Buhari. i even did a thread criticizing it as far back as January 14, long before the massive media criticisms it received. Even at that, we do need loans, though maybe not as much as we intend to borrow. It's a budget in TRILLIONS, not millions. We need loans so that we can operate with bulk money, and so that we don't have to rely on an unstable oil price and revenue. And he needs to go and ask as many as he can and not just put hopes in one basket. He's asked WorldBank, China, EU etc. These are not things that are effected via twitter or BBM.

foreign investment
getting foreign investment is not rocket science. You want foreign investment? Simple, create clear cut economic policies, tax/financial incentives and a safe environment. Then watch your FDI increase. This is simple economics. However, given the lack of clear cut economic policies that we currently have, dont expect any foreign investment.

Textbook economics are not exactly what will solve our problems. NOI kept giving us textbook figures about FDI, GDP, GUP rubbish that had no significant positive effect on the common man. We don't need wind/chaff foreign investment where foreigners dominate our stock exchange and JP Morgan moves billions out of our country in a day. We need investors who will build businesses, create employment, invest capital in building estates, roads, railways, factories, malls, industries etc. i wonder what you mean by clear cut economic policies. i guess clear cut means devaluing the naira. And as long as we insist on NO DEVALUATION, we will continue to be considered as not having clear cut balderdash. It is very clear we are devaluing the currency, it is very clear the government intends to focus on agriculture and mining to grow the economy and create jobs. It is very clear the government hopes to increase electricity generation in thousands of megawatts, to build roads and massive housing projects. What could be more clear cut? Do you need Buhari's ATM pin or Adeosun's token so that you can clearly see?

security details, oil markets and prices,
Security is a local problem. The earlier we realise nobody will help us fight Boko Haram, the better for us all. Find out the root cause of the problem and implement a solution. Thats all it takes. Realistically, it might not be this simple but generally, those are the requirements.

And oil market/prices? - So you think Buhari has any influence over the price of Brent or Light sweet crude. angry angry

He's not going out to get soldiers. We need weapons, we need information that we do not have. Also, terrorism is a global fight/problem. It is not local. We need to rebuild cities, towns and communities. These are things that developed countries and bodies like Bill Gates Foundation, WorldBank etc can help with. Educating the locals, giving them incentives, training our people, project management and achieving results in quality time.
On oil markets, we need people to BUY our crude and not just rely on few customers. The US was our biggest customer but they drastically reduced their patronage. China also has their own customers. So he needs to re-establish agreements with some of these countries. Would be nice to get Japan in our market for instance. On crude price, i thought as you did too that he did not have any influence as Nigeria did not have any much say(at least this time last year). But he's been meeting all these OPEC people recently with Kachukwu, and i think Kachukwu is OPEC president or so, or at least former OPEC President. Meeting Iran, Qatar, Saudi Arabia over oil prices is not a useless thing to do. If things go well, prices may stabilise to around $50 per barrel(so said Kachukwu recently). i don't know how, i'm just telling you some of the things he's doing/trying to do travelling around.

The Hospitals
The reason i brought up the hospitals was because according to the O/P's article, the Tanzanian president - John Magufuli apparently made an impromptu visit to the largest hospital in Tanzania, i watched the video myself. What he saw was an eye opener - Patients on the floor, non functional hospital equipments and the usual dose of African inefficiencies. I say african cos funds were allocated for these services yet non was functional. Now, I agree with you that the job of the president is to create policies and delegate tasks accordingly to the ministers. Nonetheless, occasionally, as the president, you need to step out and actually observe the implementation of your policies. Sitting in Aso Rock or travelling over the world is not acceptable in this situation. You might think this is unnecessary but that visit to the tanzanian hospital led to unprecedented improvements - the head of the hospital was fired, more beds were bought, equipments that were not functional all became operational. You see the difference? In summary, it is not enough to create policies, get your ass up and monitor the implementation of the policies. Doing this sends a very clear message that "inefficiency will not be tolerated".

The conditions of our hospitals are not an eye-opener to us, they are things we know and the President knows. He does not have to go the hospital to know. And his budget is not ready BTW. i believe the tempo of work will greatly increase as soon as the budget is approved by the NASS. Then is where he can inspect or delegate people to inspect and commission etc. i am sure the Buhari government has bought more than 300beds for hospitals and IDPs since inauguration. These are not headline news, Nigeria is not Ekiti state, even though Tanzania is bigger than Nigeria(apologies to my ekiti people). The tanzanian president's visit and sacks is similar to what we initially called Buhari's body language. He's also done his own fair share of sackings and replacements. Customs, FIRS, DSS, EFCC for instance have not remained the same, though we still want more and refined improvement. Let's wait for the NASS to approve, then come back to reassess IMPLEMENTATION and monitoring after 3-4 months.

1 Like

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by hush15: 11:43am On Mar 03, 2016
Awoofawo:
On November 5, 2015 Tanzania swore into office a new President. Coincidentally he is also a John.

John Magufuli is doing what has been termed the “Rwandanisation of Tanzania”. If you dont know about what Paul Kagame has done with Rwanda make Google your friend.

New Tanzania President did this in just 3 Month - AMAZING

Here are some of the things John Magufuli has done already in LESS THAN A MONTH. Not in 3 or 6 years, one month. He’s shown a clear commitment to walk the talk but not to talk and talk and talk and talk more like we do here:

1. Soon after his election, Magufuli declared there would be no celebration of Independence Day on 9 December because it would be “shameful” to spend huge sums of money on the celebrations when people were dying of cholera. Instead, the day has been set as a national day of cleanliness, and the money will go toward street¬cleaning services. He has said everybody should pick up their tools and clean their backyards.

2. After his first official visit to the Muhimbili Hospital, and seeing the horrible state it was in, he ordered over 200 million shillings marked for “parliament parties” be used to pay for beds for people lying on the floor and sharing beds.

A few days later 300 beds were delivered. He dismissed the governing board and got a new team in place, and within days the broken MRI was fixed. He also pared down his inauguration party from $100,000 to $7,000 and sent the extra money to the hospital.

3. Three days into his term, Magufuli announced a ban on all foreign travel by government officials. They have been instructed to instead make regular visits to rural areas to learn and help solve problems facing everyday Tanzanians. All tasks that required officials to travel abroad would instead be done by high commissioners and ambassadors who are already in place.

4. He has restricted all first¬ and business class travel to government officials, except the president, vice¬president and prime minister.

5. There will be no more workshops and seminars in expensive hotels when there are so many ministry board rooms available.

6. He suspended the Tanzania Revenue Authority’s chief and other officials pending investigations after a visit by Prime Minister Kassim Majaliwa to the port of Dar es Salaam found 350 containers listed in its books were missing.

7. When he had to travel 600km to Dodoma, from Dar, to officially open parliament last week, he didn’t order a private jet – instead, he chose to drive.

8. At the National Assembly in Dodoma last week he clearly sent out the message that it will not be business as usual under his leadership.

9. He promised to cut public spending, fight corruption and enhance accountability in public service. He said it is time for Tanzanians to walk the talk.

10. Magufuli reportedly told parliamentary leaders that the people of Tanzania want him to solve their problems and not make speeches.

How I wish we could learn….By Kwame Gyan

http://www.merih-news.com/2015/12/07/new-tanzania-president-did-this-in-just-3-month-amazing/#

Baba Bubu see your mate dey do wonder angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

That's in three Months? Awesome.

Left ti Bubu, that's a 3 year project.....
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by ApexTitan(m): 2:19pm On Mar 03, 2016
Image123:

For a millisecond, i feared i was wrong after my gragra and boldness(lol), only for you to support my views with picture. Your picture is saying what i said, that costs have been cut compared to previous budgets. There's no billions allocated to feeding. Please be objective, this is very clear to see.

The amount earmarked for feeding in Aso Rock this year is about N445.49 million. It is lower than the amount for last year which was N526.17 million.

The overall budget for the state house however is N18.1 billion. That's over N10 billion more than the previous administration budgeted for the same Aso Rock last year. See this link - http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/195903-buhari-to-spend-more-than-jonathan-on-presidential-villa-to-spend-less-on-food.html.

At the end of the day what has happened is that they've reduced only a subset but increased the total... any you are happy with it and even trying to justify it? Let's stop making excuses for poor leadership.
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Image123(m): 3:07pm On Mar 03, 2016
ApexTitan:

The amount earmarked for feeding in Aso Rock this year is about N445.49 million. It is lower than the amount for last year which was N526.17 million.

The overall budget for the state house however is N18.1 billion. That's over N10 billion more than the previous administration budgeted for the same Aso Rock last year. See this link - http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/195903-buhari-to-spend-more-than-jonathan-on-presidential-villa-to-spend-less-on-food.html.

At the end of the day what has happened is that they've reduced only a subset but increased the total... any you are happy with it and even trying to justify it? Let's stop making excuses for poor leadership.

Mr, we have still said the same thing, the budget for food was reduced. BTW, your link shows nothing except the homepage of premiumtimes so nothing to see there. i told someone that the money allocated to feeding in Aso Rock is not up a billion, and to quit the lying(exaggeration). Now, you sidestep that after falsely accusing me of not cross checking. i know already and have issues with the budget, i also did a thread on that so it is not news. However, it is no opportunity to lie or exaggerate. Nobody has tried to justify THE BUDGET, it has not even been approved or spent. What i have stated is that Buhari has also done his cutting of costs in the last 9months, cutting costs of frivolous spending is not alien or only seen in Tanzania. Even Buhari agrees that his budget is not okay, and he said he will punish people for it etc, so why will i say the budget is okay. Obviously, even when it is passed, he will likely not allow some of the things in it. But we are talking about so far, the previous months.
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by ApexTitan(m): 6:20pm On Mar 03, 2016
Image123:

Mr, we have still said the same thing, the budget for food was reduced. BTW, your link shows nothing except the homepage of premiumtimes so nothing to see there. i told someone that the money allocated to feeding in Aso Rock is not up a billion, and to quit the lying(exaggeration). Now, you sidestep that after falsely accusing me of not cross checking. i know already and have issues with the budget, i also did a thread on that so it is not news. However, it is no opportunity to lie or exaggerate. Nobody has tried to justify THE BUDGET, it has not even been approved or spent. What i have stated is that Buhari has also done his cutting of costs in the last 9months, cutting costs of frivolous spending is not alien or only seen in Tanzania. Even Buhari agrees that his budget is not okay, and he said he will punish people for it etc, so why will i say the budget is okay. Obviously, even when it is passed, he will likely not allow some of the things in it. But we are talking about so far, the previous months.

There you go again giving excuses for this administration, it either that or you are setting the bar really low for your own reasons - Buhari's so-called cost cutting, as of now, has the appearance of a farce. And this is bad for someone who was touted as frugal and cost conscious.

I will concede the point about drawing your attention to the reduction of the amount for feeding in the state house but even that is given away again when the total sum for Aso Rock is considered. No unbiased person will offer to present that aspect as an example of cost cutting when that amount is retaken more than a dozen times over in other parts of the same budget for the state house.

The main issue we are all talking about is that it is very possible for any (sincere) leader to make significant savings in how an administration is run. We have seen this in some measure with the Tanzanian president. Buhari hasn't done anything tangible in this regard, lets admit it instead of making excuses for him.

BTW see the proper link for my previous post here http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/195903-buhari-to-spend-more-than-jonathan-on-presidential-villa-to-spend-less-on-food.html
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by CriticalThought: 7:49pm On Mar 03, 2016
ashjay001:

Bro, u no get case! How is the party not in power supposed to have access to loot? With the rate of media coverage, I don't think any petition against an APC chieftain, will be swept under any carpet!

PMB has dared all and sundry to bring petitions with evidence and see if he won't act! Or u expect them to indict themselves?

By the way, Jona wasn't insulted throughout! He was given too much leeway, and he comfortably hanged himself! I voted him as with many of my friends n acquitances. I can remember n direct u to all my social media rants during d Yar'Adua health saga. We believed so much in his capabilities, dared to dream of a Nigeria of our dreams coming to be at his hands. We jubilated from Lagos to Kaduna at his victory!

PMB has been on the ballot since 2003, no southerner looked at him twice! Even OBJ n Jona(1st term) was preferred to him. Yet, it shows the level of Jona's ineffectual buffoonism to make PMB a winner!

And, that's what baffles me about wailers like u; u don't mind wallowing with pigs due to ethnic bigotry, sentiments and unbelievable immorality!

Everyone is free to criticise PMB, its when u start comparing him to that loser(he couldn't win a race in which he had a six years advantage), that I rage!

Tell me where I compared GEJ to PMB, I will wait. Also, tell me where and why you think I am a wailer?

I don't support PDP or APC

What I cannot stand is APC supporters that are quick to yell wailer and all the other ethnic jingoism they can drum up when someone calls this administration out on its BS

How many campaign promises have been fulfilled by this administration. Anyways I digress, my point is. APC folks should stop acting like we have not seen this film before

if PMB wants to go after those associated with PDP for their alleged crimes, that's all well and good but lets not pretend like there aren't a lot of bad eggs in power in APC, even if evidence is hard to come by, the least this administration can do is to reduce the influence of those bad eggs, something this administration has failed to do so far
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Image123(m): 9:02pm On Mar 03, 2016
ApexTitan:

There you go again giving excuses for this administration, it either that or you are setting the bar really low for your own reasons - Buhari's so-called cost cutting, as of now, has the appearance of a farce. And this is bad for someone who was touted as a frugal and cost conscious.

I will concede the point about drawing your attention to the reduction of the amount for feeding in the state house but even that is given away again when the total sum for Aso Rock is considered. No unbiased person will offer to present that aspect as an example of cost cutting when that amount is retaken more than a dozen times over in other parts of the same budget for the state house.

The main issue we are all talking about is that it is very possible for any (sincere) leader to make significant savings in how an administration is run. We have seen this in some measure with the Tanzanian president. Buhari hasn't done anything tangible in this regard, lets admit it instead of making excuses for him.

BTW see the proper link for my previous post here http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/195903-buhari-to-spend-more-than-jonathan-on-presidential-villa-to-spend-less-on-food.html

There's no excuse, nobody is referring to the budget but you. Everyone agrees that the budget is disappointing including Buhari. i did a thread against it and still stand on my views expressed in the thread. However, someone said over a billion is to be spent on feeding which i called a lie and exaggeration. We're not talking about Tanzania budget but the first three months of governance. And i stand by my point that Buhari's first nine months have also had its fair share of sacking, body language and cost cutting. Focus on these, not on arguing with what we both agree on.
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by free13: 9:51pm On Mar 03, 2016
crixtex:
How can buhari do this wen he hasnt obeyed d voice of Tinubu, northern cabals or sunni islamic leaders
una go old.... grin
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by ashjay001(m): 4:16pm On Mar 04, 2016
CriticalThought:

Tell me where I compared GEJ to PMB, I will wait. Also, tell me where and why you think I am a wailer?

I don't support PDP or APC

What I cannot stand is APC supporters that are quick to yell wailer and all the other ethnic jingoism they can drum up when someone calls this administration out on its BS

How many campaign promises have been fulfilled by this administration. Anyways I digress, my point is. APC folks should stop acting like we have not seen this film before

if PMB wants to go after those associated with PDP for their alleged crimes, that's all well and good but lets not pretend like there aren't a lot of bad eggs in power in APC, even if evidence is hard to come by, the least this administration can do is to reduce the influence of those bad eggs, something this administration has failed to do so far

U claimed, GEJ was insulted throughout his tenure, a false claim, which makes u sound like a GEJ/PDP apologist(wailer/IPOB).

With all d corruption happening in Judiciary, Legislative, Executive and all govt n private enterprise, where really do u think he can start? Short of total removal of d entire leadership structure(which will be termed dictatorial), he can only take little inadequate steps. We can only pray, its enough.

APC- All Progressives Congress, a group of politicians who claim to what to deviate from the status quo. Let's give them a chance and watch them so hard, they find it difficult to continue robbing us blind.

PMB gave d Legislative so much room, they actually carried out a budget verification, without just passing that rubbish after getting cash filled ghana-must-go bags.

The Judiciary is trying to find its feet, after being released from the shackles of govt interference.

Seriously, PMB is not d norm!
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by DanjaNinja(m): 10:18pm On Mar 06, 2016
Image123:

Thank you for your attempt at objectivity. it is a very rare feature/attempt from anti-Buhari people. He is seeking all kinds of help, economic, political, security, investment, information, repatriation, diplomatic etc. Nigeria was totally on the brinks and virtually a pariah state. he's tried to restore some dignity to us in the committee of nations. Nigeria has gained her respect and relevance back slowly and surely. His trip to the US was not just for military, howerver, if you have been conversant with the news, you would have heard that the US gave us some of their weapons, asides the $5million(or so) they initiallly gave us to combat boko haram. Recently also, they have sent soldiers to help the MNJTF with logistics at the areas where the boko haram is still believed to be in. France and other countries have also helped with money and logistics. they are even training our soldiers to speak French so as to ensure communication with neighbouring soldiers.
The local solutions Buhari and his team gave was to take the military base from Abuja to Bornu state, rally round the neighbouring countries(Chad, Niger, Cameroun and Benin) to restrategise the fight, with Nigeria now LEADING the MNJTF instead of the former methods that obtained, where Nigeria soldiers were running away from boko haram and mercenaries from South Africa were the ones doing their job, then soldiers from Chad and Niger were coming into Nigeria anytime they wanted to help us fight boko haram, while boko were pillaging our barracks and mutiny was growing in the army. Now, Nigeria(NA) is in charge of Nigeria, MNJTF is incharge of border areas and working together with logistics. Chad President is no longer our big brother come to our rescue. Boko haram has been subdued so far and even their resort to suicide bombing insurgency has been very subdued.

The budget is a huge embarrassment, even to Buhari. i even did a thread criticizing it as far back as January 14, long before the massive media criticisms it received. Even at that, we do need loans, though maybe not as much as we intend to borrow. It's a budget in TRILLIONS, not millions. We need loans so that we can operate with bulk money, and so that we don't have to rely on an unstable oil price and revenue. And he needs to go and ask as many as he can and not just put hopes in one basket. He's asked WorldBank, China, EU etc. These are not things that are effected via twitter or BBM.

Textbook economics are not exactly what will solve our problems. NOI kept giving us textbook figures about FDI, GDP, GUP rubbish that had no significant positive effect on the common man. We don't need wind/chaff foreign investment where foreigners dominate our stock exchange and JP Morgan moves billions out of our country in a day. We need investors who will build businesses, create employment, invest capital in building estates, roads, railways, factories, malls, industries etc. i wonder what you mean by clear cut economic policies. i guess clear cut means devaluing the naira. And as long as we insist on NO DEVALUATION, we will continue to be considered as not having clear cut balderdash. It is very clear we are devaluing the currency, it is very clear the government intends to focus on agriculture and mining to grow the economy and create jobs. It is very clear the government hopes to increase electricity generation in thousands of megawatts, to build roads and massive housing projects. What could be more clear cut? Do you need Buhari's ATM pin or Adeosun's token so that you can clearly see?

He's not going out to get soldiers. We need weapons, we need information that we do not have. Also, terrorism is a global fight/problem. It is not local. We need to rebuild cities, towns and communities. These are things that developed countries and bodies like Bill Gates Foundation, WorldBank etc can help with. Educating the locals, giving them incentives, training our people, project management and achieving results in quality time.
On oil markets, we need people to BUY our crude and not just rely on few customers. The US was our biggest customer but they drastically reduced their patronage. China also has their own customers. So he needs to re-establish agreements with some of these countries. Would be nice to get Japan in our market for instance. On crude price, i thought as you did too that he did not have any influence as Nigeria did not have any much say(at least this time last year). But he's been meeting all these OPEC people recently with Kachukwu, and i think Kachukwu is OPEC president or so, or at least former OPEC President. Meeting Iran, Qatar, Saudi Arabia over oil prices is not a useless thing to do. If things go well, prices may stabilise to around $50 per barrel(so said Kachukwu recently). i don't know how, i'm just telling you some of the things he's doing/trying to do travelling around.

The conditions of our hospitals are not an eye-opener to us, they are things we know and the President knows. He does not have to go the hospital to know. And his budget is not ready BTW. i believe the tempo of work will greatly increase as soon as the budget is approved by the NASS. Then is where he can inspect or delegate people to inspect and commission etc. i am sure the Buhari government has bought more than 300beds for hospitals and IDPs since inauguration. These are not headline news, Nigeria is not Ekiti state, even though Tanzania is bigger than Nigeria(apologies to my ekiti people). The tanzanian president's visit and sacks is similar to what we initially called Buhari's body language. He's also done his own fair share of sackings and replacements. Customs, FIRS, DSS, EFCC for instance have not remained the same, though we still want more and refined improvement. Let's wait for the NASS to approve, then come back to reassess IMPLEMENTATION and monitoring after 3-4 months.

Bro, this is what Nigeria needs. Intelligent discourse without ethnic sentiment.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of Adama Barrow And His Two Wives, The First Ladies / Heavy Explosion Outside Kabul Airport, Casualties Unclear - Pentagon / Michelle Obama Describes Her Family's Daily Routine During Coronavirus Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.