Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,109 members, 7,835,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING (55098 Views)

Ghana's President, John Mahama Inducted Into Ovation International Hall Of Fame / President John Mahama Of Ghana In Full Military Regalia (photos) / President Magufuli Sacks Charles Kitwanga, Drunk Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by hucienda: 2:29pm On Mar 02, 2016
gratiaeo:
"You will buy fuel from black market at 250 per litre, use it to operate your generator so you can charge your phone, you are still taxed multiple times in the name of stamp duty, yet you buy data and come on Nairaland to defend this government. Where is your sense?"

Those ones aint called zombies for nothing.
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Image123(m): 2:30pm On Mar 02, 2016
Awoofawo:
Anyone looking for link can google it! for your information I am neither supporter of APC nor PDP, just want the best for my country and I am glad that I didn't vote during the election because neither Jonathan nor Buhari met the expectation/quality I am looking for in a president!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What are the qualities you are looking for?
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by yatty4emmanuel(m): 2:31pm On Mar 02, 2016
i am not suprised because, Tanzania has always being on the fast track, in tems of development,its not to be compared with most part of africa because of it founders.googgle "a brief history of julius Nyerere of Tanzania".they should have gone beyond were they are presently. compared to nigeria, people should state the obvious,we are multi ethnic set of entities with different ideology,compassed in a sphere of unchievable blantas we called oneness or dream.i think one of the best way nigeria can grow is to use spade as spade & shovel as shovel,while rake should perform it function as rake i think our problems is lack of differenciation due to much confusion that clouds our minds.
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by badonkadonk: 2:31pm On Mar 02, 2016
Awoofawo:
On November 5, 2015 Tanzania swore into office a new President. Coincidentally he is also a John.

John Magufuli is doing what has been termed the “Rwandanisation of Tanzania”. If you dont know about what Paul Kagame has done with Rwanda make Google your friend.

New Tanzania President did this in just 3 Month - AMAZING

Here are some of the things John Magufuli has done already in LESS THAN A MONTH. Not in 3 or 6 years, one month. He’s shown a clear commitment to walk the talk but not to talk and talk and talk and talk more like we do here:

1. Soon after his election, Magufuli declared there would be no celebration of Independence Day on 9 December because it would be “shameful” to spend huge sums of money on the celebrations when people were dying of cholera. Instead, the day has been set as a national day of cleanliness, and the money will go toward street¬cleaning services. He has said everybody should pick up their tools and clean their backyards.

2. After his first official visit to the Muhimbili Hospital, and seeing the horrible state it was in, he ordered over 200 million shillings marked for “parliament parties” be used to pay for beds for people lying on the floor and sharing beds.

A few days later 300 beds were delivered. He dismissed the governing board and got a new team in place, and within days the broken MRI was fixed. He also pared down his inauguration party from $100,000 to $7,000 and sent the extra money to the hospital.

3. Three days into his term, Magufuli announced a ban on all foreign travel by government officials. They have been instructed to instead make regular visits to rural areas to learn and help solve problems facing everyday Tanzanians. All tasks that required officials to travel abroad would instead be done by high commissioners and ambassadors who are already in place.

4. He has restricted all first¬ and business class travel to government officials, except the president, vice¬president and prime minister.

5. There will be no more workshops and seminars in expensive hotels when there are so many ministry board rooms available.

6. He suspended the Tanzania Revenue Authority’s chief and other officials pending investigations after a visit by Prime Minister Kassim Majaliwa to the port of Dar es Salaam found 350 containers listed in its books were missing.

7. When he had to travel 600km to Dodoma, from Dar, to officially open parliament last week, he didn’t order a private jet – instead, he chose to drive.

8. At the National Assembly in Dodoma last week he clearly sent out the message that it will not be business as usual under his leadership.

9. He promised to cut public spending, fight corruption and enhance accountability in public service. He said it is time for Tanzanians to walk the talk.

10. Magufuli reportedly told parliamentary leaders that the people of Tanzania want him to solve their problems and not make speeches.

How I wish we could learn….By Kwame Gyan

http://www.merih-news.com/2015/12/07/new-tanzania-president-did-this-in-just-3-month-amazing/#

Baba Bubu see your mate dey do wonder angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

This is exactly wat Nigerians were expecting, when they decided to settle for change..

This man has done in 3months that which the globetrotter hasn't been able to do in almost a year of been at the helm of power..

Let's call a spade a spade...

Until we do wat Jerry rawlins did in ghana, Nigerias development would take longer than expected..
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Image123(m): 2:33pm On Mar 02, 2016
multicolored:
And ours is busy touring the world. Seriously, am yet to understand this administration. God help us.

When you need help, you go and get it. What should he sit at home doing, receiving visitors or playing ludo?

2 Likes

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by buchilino(m): 2:34pm On Mar 02, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

And what are the highlights of what PDP Presidents achieved in the office within three months to warrant voting for them again?

FIRST WAT IS D DIFFERENCE BW PDP N APC, NO DIFFERENCE. PDP DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WITHIN 6 YRS, BUT 2 SAY APC IS FAR BETTER, IS LIKE LIVING IN A FANTASY WORLD
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Awoofawo(m): 2:34pm On Mar 02, 2016
Why are asking me Jamb question?! Dem tell you say I be Tanoid or APC-Zombies?
Omonigeriarere:

And what are the highlights of what PDP Presidents achieved in the office within three months to warrant voting for them again?
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Image123(m): 2:38pm On Mar 02, 2016
badonkadonk:

This is exactly wat Nigerians were expecting, when they decided to settle for change..

This man has done in 3months that which the globetrotter hasn't been able to do in almost a year of been at the helm of power..

Let's call a spade a spade...

Until we do wat Jerry rawlins did in ghana, Nigerias development would take longer than expected..

What has he done apart from cutting costs and buying 300beds? It's the same set of people that will shout dictator if Buhari bans anything. What has asceticism got to do with good governance?

2 Likes

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Leke001: 2:39pm On Mar 02, 2016
these are the ones who should be chanting change...
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Omonigeriarere: 2:42pm On Mar 02, 2016
buchilino:

FIRST WAT IS D DIFFERENCE BW PDP N APC, NO DIFFERENCE. PDP DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WITHIN 6 YRS, BUT 2 SAY APC IS FAR BETTER, IS LIKE LIVING IN A FANTASY WORLD

Nigeria practice a mono-culture economy; over-reliance on oil. The boom was enjoyed in the past six years, while the least price was experienced in the last six months.

If you want to be sincere to yourself, is it right for you to be comparing the performance of six years administration who enjoyed boom of the oil price with less than a year administration who is ruling in the time of drought?

Both of us might not be benefitting from the loots of these politicians we are defending, but we have to be objective in our analysis sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by badonkadonk: 2:43pm On Mar 02, 2016
Image123:

What has he done apart from cutting costs and buying 300beds? It's the same set of people that will shout dictator if Buhari bans anything. What has asceticism got to do with good governance?

Excuse me.. Compare his deeds with that of the globetrotter in chief?

Buhari cannot even dare cut the cost of his inauguration talkless cut the costs of anything in his itinerary..

Don't be surprised that in aso villa... Common bic biro sells for 1k if not more before the dollar debacle... Now e spose dey cost like 3k for insyd budget..

It's not so much bout how beautiful a house looks... Wat really matters is the foundation that led to the house that was built..

The globetrotter in chief promised the heavens almost a year ago.. Tell me of all wat he promised... How many has he achieved..?
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by DanjaNinja(m): 2:44pm On Mar 02, 2016
Image123:
Lol, good for him. He'd be impeached immediately if he attempted to just think of trying these in Nigeria. That's if he's not killed instead. Tanzania is a bigger country than Nigeria in landmass by the way, yet our population is about 4times their own. Our citizens are also more complex, variant, sophisticated, educated,powerful and rich. One man doesn't run things anyhow here. Our press and masses also have more freedom than theirs. We have greater economic problems than they do. And we have a different goal from them.

This is where you compleletely get it wrong. No matter how complex a nation is, as a leader, when you set the example, all others will follow. Besides, Tanzania is multi ethnic and complex society. Do u think corrupt political cabals are non existent in Tanzania?

Now tell me, what would happen if :
1. Buhari cancels all presidential foreign trips for 6months pending the improvement of the economy?

2. What would happen if Buhari visits the major hospitals in Naija just for a routine check?
(He has visited over 29 countries but not one single hospital).

3. What would happen if Buhari single handedly refuses to accept the silly billions allocated for food @ Aso Rock?

You see my point? Nobody can stop him from doing these things. But he doesn't do any of them.

What you don't understand is that as a leader, its not your words that matter, but your actions and from my humble observation, Buhari has done nothing to assure Nigerians that change is here.

Another wasted four years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by adbokus(m): 2:44pm On Mar 02, 2016
For those of you singing and shouting Buhari's name like people with hysteria, hope you can see this. I have one prayer for you all, may happenings in your lives take the Buhari dispensation pattern. Amen!...
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Omonigeriarere: 2:45pm On Mar 02, 2016
Awoofawo:
Why are asking me Jamb question?! Dem tell you say I be Tanoid or APC-Zombies?

Whether you are APC Zombies or hero-chanter TANoid is not the question: if you can do research to get these information outside Nigerian setting, I don't think there is nothing stopping you from providing us with Nigeria scenario.

1 Like

Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by famzynet: 2:45pm On Mar 02, 2016
This is what I expected Buhari to do. He is a failure so far. I regret canvassing votes for him.
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by ApexTitan(m): 2:46pm On Mar 02, 2016
emperorgoke:
Do they have much economic saboteurs as we have them in Nigeria? Do they have monster marketers as we have them in Nigeria? Are people like Dasuki, OBJ, TY Danjuma, IBB, Abdulsalam, Boko haram sponsors also in Tanzania? Just a war on corruption nd petroleum marketers politically led to worse electricity supply. Democracy is not helping, let's give Buhari a year military regime nd we will see our real economy

You are right, Tanzania is peopled by saints and angels. The government in that country does not have to contend with the vested interests of power brokers, opposition parties, labour groups and civil unions, such a thing must be a uniquely Nigerian phenomenon. They must be very lucky over there in Tanzania, in Nigeria visionary and sincere leadership is not sufficient to bring about lasting development, what we need is a dictatorship styled government where the rights of individuals are abused and societal institutions are bastardized, right?

SMH

To what length will you not go to make excuses for your leader?
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Awoofawo(m): 2:50pm On Mar 02, 2016
Young, vibrant, dynamic with sense of service for the greater good of the country, Bubu has non of these! You need the oracle to tell that he too old to handle the responsibilities that comes with the office of the president. Aside that the folks that surround him have one question mark or the other hanging over their integrity cool
Image123:

What are the qualities you are looking for?
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Awoofawo(m): 2:57pm On Mar 02, 2016
Continue to yawn rubbish! Buhari is failure so far, that's simple gospel that is inherent in my initial post!
Omonigeriarere:

Whether you are APC Zombies or hero-chanter TANoid is not the question: if you can do research to get these information outside Nigerian setting, I don't think there is nothing stopping you from providing us with Nigeria scenario.
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by shoboy9: 3:01pm On Mar 02, 2016
PR tinz I have not seen anything of substance listed. These are merely playing to the gallery. He should strengthen the institution of state so they are corruption free.
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Kingspin(m): 3:03pm On Mar 02, 2016
If change enter Nigeria we will know simple.
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by tuzle(m): 3:06pm On Mar 02, 2016
i feel bad for my country, the citizens keep on suffering while the people in government are enjoying themselves. We really need to sit down and restructure the country government
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Perryjackson(m): 3:11pm On Mar 02, 2016
at least our Buhari should learn to stay in his country
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Omonigeriarere: 3:11pm On Mar 02, 2016
Awoofawo:
Continue to yawn rubbish! Buhari is failure so far, that's simple gospel that is inherent in my initial post!

In what ways please: argument is not about opening mouth before reasoning.
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by abubkhr: 3:12pm On Mar 02, 2016
PROVACATEUR:
This is what Zombies thought Buhari will do but he has budgeted more fro state clinic than all the teaching hospitals combined

That because his predecessor is not Goodluck Ebele Jonathan aka I don't give a damn.
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by deebrain(m): 3:27pm On Mar 02, 2016
It is chicken feed compared to Kagame's work in Rwanda if you are to compare where Rwanda is coming from.

Make we dey claim "giant of Africa".... All those former war torn countries are no longer our mates in terms of economy.

Like seriously, is this the change in Nigeria that i voted for?

angry
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by 41lady(m): 3:28pm On Mar 02, 2016
kingbasil:

Keep defending the destructive change your master is dishing out. But don't lament when the negativity affects you...

Don't mind him, his brothers and sisters who have clogged people's card in Asia and send to Naija to vote for buhari have started lamenting here due to high exchange rate when they withdraw with their master card here in Asia, and people are laughing at them while they carry because of the backward change they voted in.
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by inosend: 3:31pm On Mar 02, 2016
I thank God for the life of this (Tanzanian) presido. May so many other African leaders follow suit.
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:44pm On Mar 02, 2016
Many will condemn and say lots of things to Mr President of Nigeria if he tries all this.
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by fkj950ax(m): 3:58pm On Mar 02, 2016
Are you guys sure this guy is really an African?

Someone should kindly invite him to so 2years in every African Country.

Starting with Nigeria...
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by nigerianvenom(m): 4:01pm On Mar 02, 2016
Awoofawo:
On November 5, 2015 Tanzania swore into office a new President. Coincidentally he is also a John.

John Magufuli is doing what has been termed the “Rwandanisation of Tanzania”. If you dont know about what Paul Kagame has done with Rwanda make Google your friend.

New Tanzania President did this in just 3 Month - AMAZING

Here are some of the things John Magufuli has done already in LESS THAN A MONTH. Not in 3 or 6 years, one month. He’s shown a clear commitment to walk the talk but not to talk and talk and talk and talk more like we do here:

1. Soon after his election, Magufuli declared there would be no celebration of Independence Day on 9 December because it would be “shameful” to spend huge sums of money on the celebrations when people were dying of cholera. Instead, the day has been set as a national day of cleanliness, and the money will go toward street¬cleaning services. He has said everybody should pick up their tools and clean their backyards.

2. After his first official visit to the Muhimbili Hospital, and seeing the horrible state it was in, he ordered over 200 million shillings marked for “parliament parties” be used to pay for beds for people lying on the floor and sharing beds.

A few days later 300 beds were delivered. He dismissed the governing board and got a new team in place, and within days the broken MRI was fixed. He also pared down his inauguration party from $100,000 to $7,000 and sent the extra money to the hospital.

3. Three days into his term, Magufuli announced a ban on all foreign travel by government officials. They have been instructed to instead make regular visits to rural areas to learn and help solve problems facing everyday Tanzanians. All tasks that required officials to travel abroad would instead be done by high commissioners and ambassadors who are already in place.

4. He has restricted all first¬ and business class travel to government officials, except the president, vice¬president and prime minister.

5. There will be no more workshops and seminars in expensive hotels when there are so many ministry board rooms available.

6. He suspended the Tanzania Revenue Authority’s chief and other officials pending investigations after a visit by Prime Minister Kassim Majaliwa to the port of Dar es Salaam found 350 containers listed in its books were missing.

7. When he had to travel 600km to Dodoma, from Dar, to officially open parliament last week, he didn’t order a private jet – instead, he chose to drive.

8. At the National Assembly in Dodoma last week he clearly sent out the message that it will not be business as usual under his leadership.

9. He promised to cut public spending, fight corruption and enhance accountability in public service. He said it is time for Tanzanians to walk the talk.

10. Magufuli reportedly told parliamentary leaders that the people of Tanzania want him to solve their problems and not make speeches.

How I wish we could learn….By Kwame Gyan

http://www.merih-news.com/2015/12/07/new-tanzania-president-did-this-in-just-3-month-amazing/#

Baba Bubu see your mate dey do wonder angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

God bless Tanzanians
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by Zelex9(m): 4:10pm On Mar 02, 2016
Image123:
Lol, good for him. He'd be impeached immediately if he attempted to just think of trying these in Nigeria. That's if he's not killed instead. Tanzania is a bigger country than Nigeria in landmass by the way, yet our population is about 4times their own. Our citizens are also more complex, variant, sophisticated, educated,powerful and rich. One man doesn't run things anyhow here. Our press and masses also have more freedom than theirs. We have greater economic problems than they do. And we have a different goal from them.

Finally...someone who thinks logically!..I applaud the Tanzanian president for the active start he has made to his tenure however it is weak to benchmark his "performance" (if we can call it that?) with that of Nigeria, as an illustration of effective governance.
Re: New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING by jude90(m): 4:14pm On Mar 02, 2016
gratiaeo:
"You will buy fuel from black market at 250 per litre, use it to operate your generator so you can charge your phone, you are still taxed multiple times in the name of stamp duty, yet you buy data and come on Nairaland to defend this government. Where is your sense?"
ask them o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of Adama Barrow And His Two Wives, The First Ladies / Heavy Explosion Outside Kabul Airport, Casualties Unclear - Pentagon / Joe Biden: 11 Things You Probably Don’t Know About US President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.