Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Xtians, Pls Explain This? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Xtians, Pls Explain This? (2972 Views)

All Xtians Come In: Questions No Atheist Will Answer / Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? / Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by ifenes(m): 4:34pm On Mar 04, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Is this the Ifeness I know long ago? This guy has really changed

Where did you know me from?
Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:12pm On Mar 04, 2016
ifenes:

Where did you know me from?

Nairaland of course.

Back then, you were very polite and choose your words carefully in every argument. This brought respect to your person. But now, you are just bitter, throw insult here and there. What went wrong?
Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by malvisguy212: 11:10pm On Mar 04, 2016
FOLYKAZE:
Christ is not essentially Jesus. Christ is from the word chi which the Yoruba people call Ori or simply consciousness.

On a general note, Christ mean the annoited or chosen one. This is a title and not necessary refer to Jesus. Even though Christians to interchange the word Christ for Jesus, Jesus is not the only annoited person.

And yes, ye are Gods.
the different between jesus and the rest anointed king, it was God, Himself who anointed jesus, All other kings were anointed by prophets/priest.
Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by ifenes(m): 12:21am On Mar 05, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Nairaland of course.

Back then, you were very polite and choose your words carefully in every argument. This brought respect to your person. But now, you are just bitter, throw insult here and there. What went wrong?

Examples please. Calling him a fool is no insult. As you can see we were only fooling around. Perhaps different cultures could be the reason you think I'm not polite. I did not grow up seeing laying on the floor to greet others. Put your hands forward and say hello is fine.
Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:06am On Mar 05, 2016
malvisguy212:
the different between jesus and the rest anointed king, it was God, Himself who anointed jesus, All other kings were anointed by prophets/priest.

Ogbeni take your lies to those who do not understand bible.

God himself choosed and annoited Israel as a nation of priest. Even Jesus called them the chosen ones. So tell us sir, are these chosen ones or annoited ones not Christ? Are they different from Jesus?
Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by malvisguy212: 8:19am On Mar 05, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Ogbeni take your lies to those who do not understand bible.

God himself choosed and annoited Israel as a nation of priest. Even Jesus called them the chosen ones. So tell us sir, are these chosen ones or annoited ones not Christ? Are they different from Jesus?
I need verse were God anoint israel.
Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:34am On Mar 05, 2016
malvisguy212:
I need verse were God anoint israel.

Psalm 105:15 reading from NIV;

New International Version
"Do not touch my anointed ones; do my prophets no harm."

The question to raise there is who are the anointed ones? How do we define anointed ones?

Some actually mistook annointed ones in that context as pastor, kings or judges. Well, the bible will provide the actual answer here.

Reading from the same verse from a different version.

New Living Translation
"Do not touch my chosen people, and do not hurt my prophets."

We got to know that the anointed ones are the chosen people. And by definition, anointed one is the same as chosen one. Now the question that rise after is who are the chosen people?

Deuteronomy 7:6
New International Version
For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.

Isaiah 44:1
But now, listen to me, Jacob my servant, Israel my chosen one.

A very similar verse is Deuteronomy 14:2. In 1 Chronicles 16:13, Israel is called "His chosen ones": David wrote Psalm 33:12; 105:6, 43. And Isaiah records these words from the Lord: Isaiah 41:8-9; 43:10,20; 44:1. In Isaiah 48:12, the Lord refers to them as "My called." And Daniel calls them "His chosen people" (Daniel 11:15). From the above, it can be seen that the phrase, "chosen people" definitely applied to Israel.
Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by MuttleyLaff: 3:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
MizJanet:
You can lie Sha, the bold reveal u as a fraudster, u ain't making any sense!

OVER ALL not some within rom 9:5
As earlier said this is just your typical ''m.o.''
This is another of your phantom Bible contradictions
and you pursuing a mistaken belief and misguided line of thought that Romans 9:5 ever included God in OVER ALL

Romans 9:5 is saying that the actions of the patriarchs (i.e. the fathers as in Abraham, Isaac and Jacob aka Israel) and their descendants up to believers are ALL influenced OR led by Christ

Why you are so bent of trying to put together two verses (i.e. Romans 5:9 and 1 Corint 11:3) that are contextually unsuitable for each other?

There no contradiction but you inventing one and being bent on making mischief again
Again, nitpicking, just for mere nitpicking sake, is not healthy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christians,was The Gospel Account Of Matthew Divinely Inspired? / 10 Countries That Banned Christmas / There Is No End To This World : Life Goes On Forever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.