Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Xtians, Pls Explain This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Xtians, Pls Explain This? (2946 Views)

All Xtians Come In: Questions No Atheist Will Answer / Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? / Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? (2) (3) (4)

Xtians, Pls Explain This? by MizJanet(f): 1:31pm On Mar 02, 2016
This verse said Christ is God over ALL, . You know what that means?

"To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ, who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen." - Rom 9:5 ESV

Now, it's shocking to read the below verse contradicting Christ as God over all... How? Read this

"The head of Christ is God " 1Corint 11:3,

Its either Romans 9:5 quoted above lied, cos a God over ALL can never have a head/authority he is subjected to as seen here..

LOL, another Bible contradiction?

Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by NaijaStarGist: 1:40pm On Mar 02, 2016
Pastors come to NL on Sundays. You should've waited.
Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by tpiar: 3:46pm On Mar 02, 2016
Dont behead people.
Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by Amberon11: 3:52pm On Mar 02, 2016
How many times do we explain this?

I thought you were an atheist. These things to the carnal mind mean nothing. read the first chapter of the book of john.
Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by MizJanet(f): 7:57pm On Mar 02, 2016
Amberon11:
How many times do we explain this?

I thought you were an atheist. These things to the carnal mind mean nothing. read the first chapter of the book of john.
Looking for an escape route ?,no way !
Pls explain those two verses or do you admit its contradictory ?

Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by ayoku777(m): 1:50am On Mar 03, 2016
MizJanet:
This verse said Christ is God over ALL, . You know what that means?

"To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ, who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen." - Rom 9:5 ESV

Now, it's shocking to read the below verse contradicting Christ as God over all... How? Read this

"The head of Christ is God " 1Corint 11:3,

Its either Romans 9:5 quoted above lied, cos a God over ALL can never have a head/authority he is subjected to as seen here..

What is contradictory about the verses?

All it proves is that Jesus is God, but He also has a God -the Father. And the scriptures clearly attest to this.

See this;

Psalm 45v6 - Thy throne, O GOD, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.

7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, THY GOD, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Can you see this verses?

One God is anointing another God, and the God anointing is the God of the one being anointed.

The God being anointed is Christ (the anointed one); while the God anointing is the Father.

So Jesus is God but He also has a God -the Father. And Jesus Himself confirmed that.

John 20v17 -...but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend UNTO MY FATHER, and your Father; AND TO MY GOD, and your God.

Rev 3v12 -Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

So Jesus is God, but the Father is also His God.

When the scripture says "Jesus is God over all", that "all" is referring to creation and all created things. It doesn't include the Father.

See this;

1Cor 15v27 -For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted which did put all things under him.

The verses you quoted show that Jesus is God, but He also has a God -the Father. And that is made clear in many verses of the scriptures. No contradiction there.

Shalom

Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by facheux: 3:43am On Mar 03, 2016
The xtian 3 headed god is very weak. It only takes a few rusty nails to kill it. Pathetic .

Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by MuttleyLaff: 4:53am On Mar 03, 2016
MizJanet:
This verse said Christ is God over ALL,.
You know what that means?
Yes, know what that means,
but seriously doubt, you know, what that means

MizJanet:
Yeah, God over the patriarchs and all aforementioned up to and within Rom 9:5

MizJanet:

"The head of Christ is God" 1 Corint 11:3
It's you who needs to read 1 Corint 11:3 again,
and if read slow and loud, then you'll realise this barking up the wrong tree

But I want you to realize that Christ LEADS every man, and the man LEADS the woman, and God LEADS Christ, is what 1 Corint 11:3 is saying

God the Father, is the only one not LED by anyone
Christ doesnt LEAD God the Father

MizJanet:
Romans 9:5 said Christ, is the head of the patriarchs, the head of the Israelites and believers. He is the head of ALL these previously mentioned. (i.e. Christ LEADS them all)
The head of Christ, however, is God, just as beautifully reaffirmed in 1 Corint 11:3, where it stated that Christ is LED by God

MizJanet:
Nah, no, not another Bible contradiction, that's just your ''m.o.''
This is another of your phantom Bible contradictions
and you pursuing a mistaken belief and misguided line of thought that it is another Bible contradiction
Nitpicking, just for mere nitpicking sake, is not healthy

Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:38am On Mar 03, 2016
Christ is not essentially Jesus. Christ is from the word chi which the Yoruba people call Ori or simply consciousness.

On a general note, Christ mean the annoited or chosen one. This is a title and not necessary refer to Jesus. Even though Christians to interchange the word Christ for Jesus, Jesus is not the only annoited person.

And yes, ye are Gods.

Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by ifenes(m): 10:52am On Mar 03, 2016
A male dominated society created religion. A period when women were required to be silent. Today we see those ideas as barbaric.

Emperor Constantine employed over 700 scholars to create the Bible. All of them had different opinions on how they should portray puppet Jesus. That has been the source of today's christian confusion. However, slaves never ask question. They accept it and teach their innocent kids the same lies.

Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by MizJanet(f): 12:07pm On Mar 03, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
Yes, know what that means,
but seriously doubt, you know, what that means

Yeah, God over the patriarchs and all aforementioned up to and within Rom 9:5

It's you who needs to read 1 Corint 11:3 again,
and if read slow and loud, then you'll realise this barking up the wrong tree

But I want you to realize that Christ LEADS every man, and the man LEADS the woman, and God LEADS Christ, is what 1 Corint 11:3 is saying

God the Father, is the only one not LED by anyone
Christ doesnt LEAD God the Father

Romans 9:5 said Christ, is the head of the patriarchs, the head of the Israelites and believers. He is the head of ALL these previously mentioned. (i.e. Christ LEADS them all)
The head of Christ, however, is God, just as beautifully reaffirmed in 1 Corint 11:3, where it stated that Christ is LED by God

Nah, no, not another Bible contradiction, that's just your ''m.o.''
This is another of your phantom Bible contradictions
and you pursuing a mistaken belief and misguided line of thought that it is another Bible contradiction
Nitpicking, just for mere nitpicking sake, is not healthy

You can lie Sha, the bold reveal u as a fraudster, u ain't making any sense! OVER ALL not some within rom 9:5
Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by MizJanet(f): 12:27pm On Mar 03, 2016
ayoku777:

What is contradictory about the verses?

All it proves is that Jesus is God, but He also has a God -the Father. And the scriptures clearly attest to this.

See this;

Psalm 45v6 - Thy throne, O GOD, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.

7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, THY GOD, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Can you see this verses?

One God is anointing another God, and the God anointing is the God of the one being anointed.

The God being anointed is Christ (the anointed one); while the God anointing is the Father.

So Jesus is God but He also has a God -the Father. And Jesus Himself confirmed that.

John 20v17 -...but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend UNTO MY FATHER, and your Father; AND TO MY GOD, and your God.

Rev 3v12 -Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

So Jesus is God, but the Father is also His God.

When the scripture says "Jesus is God over all", that "all" is referring to creation and all created things. It doesn't include the Father.

See this;

1Cor 15v27 -For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted which did put all things under him.

The verses you quoted show that Jesus is God, but He also has a God -the Father. And that is made clear in many verses of the scriptures. No contradiction there.

Shalom

All this twisting and whining doesn't appeal to commonsense , you said Jesus have a God this automatically means he can't be God over ALL (or don't you know God over ALL means supreme being? ) Something is wrong with ur Bible at Romans 9:5,

Am not surprised though

Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:06pm On Mar 03, 2016
MizJanet:

All this twisting and whining doesn't appeal to commonsense , you said Jesus have a God this automatically means he can't be God over ALL (or don't you know God over ALL means supreme being? ) Something is wrong with ur Bible at Romans 9:5,

Am not surprised though

I think you have made up your mind here. You seriously dont want to listen to the other people argument but only here to ridicule, heat up argument and lash out on the christians.

Ayoku stated that there are many Gods. He could believe in the trinity but I see that as polytheism. He acknowledge that Jesus is God but there is still another God which is supreme. Apostle Paul stated in 1 Cor 8:5 that there are many God both in heaven and earth. Even Jehovah himself acknowledge that there are other Gods.

Now, the problem here lies in the word 'all'. The all there does not mean totality of both the heaven and earth. All there is simply the church or total believers
Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by ayoku777(m): 1:52pm On Mar 03, 2016
MizJanet:

Am not surprised though

Let me give you this advice. Always use biblical language to interprete biblical words and sentences.

Look through the bible to get an idea of how a word was used in scripture to understand its true interpretation. Not your own opinion of what the word should mean.

When scripture uses the word "ALL", it always excludes and exempts the Father.

For instance, when scripture says;

ALL things were made by him (Jesus)... John 1v3

Does that "ALL" include the Father? Did Jesus make the Father too? Ofcourse not!

The Father begat the Son, so the Son didn't make the Father. The "ALL things" that Jesus made definitely excludes the Father.

Look at this also, when scriptures says;

1Cor 15v27 -For he (the Father) hath put all things under his (Jesus) feet. (Words in bracket mine)

When the Father put ALL things under Jesus' feet, did that include Himself? Did the Father put Himself under the feet of Jesus too? Ofcourse not!

The "ALL things" put under Jesus' feet excludes and exempts the Father. And the scriptures made that clear.

1Cor 15v27 -...But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that HE IS EXCEPTED which did put all things under him.

Can you see that?

So when scripture says, Jesus is God over all; that excludes the Father, who is the MostHigh God, and infact the God of Jesus Himself as I showed you earlier.

Jesus is God over all creation and created beings, because He created them all. But the Father is still His God.

Use biblical application and usage of words to interprete the meaning of biblical words and sentences. Not your opinion of what the word should mean. "God over ALL" excludes the Father, who is the MostHigh God.

Shalom
Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by MizJanet(f): 3:38pm On Mar 03, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

I think you have made up your mind here. You seriously dont want to listen to the other people argument but only here to ridicule, heat up argument and lash out on the christians.

Ayoku stated that there are many Gods. He could believe in the trinity but I see that as polytheism. He acknowledge that Jesus is God but there is still another God which is supreme. Apostle Paul stated in 1 Cor 8:5 that there are many God both in heaven and earth. Even Jehovah himself acknowledge that there are other Gods.

Now, the problem here lies in the word 'all'. The all there does not mean totality of both the heaven and earth. All there is simply the church or total believers

FOLYKAZE thanks, I admire ur contribution. But as u indicate above the problem lies in the word ALL.

GOD over all indicates the Supreme being or highest authority. For example at Ephesians 6:4, the verse said the Father is God over all... Does this not indicate supremacy? If so why do xtians have to Change the meaning of God over all at Romans 9:5,?
Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by MizJanet(f): 3:51pm On Mar 03, 2016
ayoku777:

Let me give you this advice. Always use biblical language to interprete biblical words and sentences.

Look through the bible to get an idea of how a word was used in scripture to understand its true interpretation. Not your own opinion of what the word should mean.

When scripture uses the word "ALL", it always excludes and exempts the Father.

For instance, when scripture says;

ALL things were made by him (Jesus)... John 1v3

Does that "ALL" include the Father? Did Jesus make the Father too? Ofcourse not!

The Father begat the Son, so the Son didn't make the Father. The "ALL things" that Jesus made definitely excludes the Father.

Look at this also, when scriptures says;

1Cor 15v27 -For he (the Father) hath put all things under his (Jesus) feet. (Words in bracket mine)

When the Father put ALL things under Jesus' feet, did that include Himself? Did the Father put Himself under the feet of Jesus too? Ofcourse not!

The "ALL things" put under Jesus' feet excludes and exempts the Father. And the scriptures made that clear.

1Cor 15v27 -...But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that HE IS EXCEPTED which did put all things under him.

Can you see that?

So when scripture says, Jesus is God over all; that excludes the Father, who is the MostHigh God, and infact the God of Jesus Himself as I showed you earlier.

Jesus is God over all creation and created beings, because He created them all. But the Father is still His God.

Use biblical application and usage of words to interprete the meaning of biblical words and sentences. Not your opinion of what the word should mean. "God over ALL" excludes the Father, who is the MostHigh God.

Shalom

Okay

But This is not a matter of what I think but what is written

Laughs**, if u advice us to use biblical meanings, what does God over all at eph, 6:4, mean,?

Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:00pm On Mar 03, 2016
ifenes:
A male dominated society created religion. A period when women were required to be silent. Today we see those ideas as barbaric.

Emperor Constantine employed over 700 scholars to create the Bible. All of them had different opinions on how they should portray puppet Jesus. That has been the source of today's christian confusion. However, slaves never ask question. They accept it and teach their innocent kids the same lies.

Royal Jester , it is generaly believed by conspiracy theorists like you that the Anunnaki taught man hierarchy, misogyny, violence, greed, slavery, debt and war that featured genocide and weapons of mass destruction.

By the way , have you found the origin of the anunnaki , the gods you worship

Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by ayoku777(m): 4:33pm On Mar 03, 2016
MizJanet:

Okay

But This is not a matter of what I think but what is written

Laughs**, if u advice us to use biblical meanings, what does God over all at eph, 6:4, mean,?

Eph 6v4 -And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

That's Eph 6v4. There's no "God over all" there. Unless you made a mistake in the verse you quoted.

Shalom
Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by MizJanet(f): 4:40pm On Mar 03, 2016
ayoku777:

Eph 6v4 -And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

That's Eph 6v4. There's no "God over all" there. Unless you made a mistake in the verse you quoted.

Shalom

Its
Eph 4:6
Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:54pm On Mar 03, 2016
MizJanet:

FOLYKAZE thanks, I admire ur contribution. But as u indicate above the problem lies in the word ALL.

GOD over all indicates the Supreme being or highest authority. For example at Ephesians 6:4, the verse said the Father is God over all... Does this not indicate supremacy? If so why do xtians have to Change the meaning of God over all at Romans 9:5,?

I think all there is simply the nation of men, or church, or believers.

It does not necessary mean Jesus is the supreme God
Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by ifenes(m): 11:49pm On Mar 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Royal Jester , it is generaly believed by conspiracy theorists like you that the Anunnaki taught man hierarchy, misogyny, violence, greed, slavery, debt and war that featured genocide and weapons of mass destruction.

By the way , have you found the origin of the anunnaki , the gods you worship

I am light years ahead of you when it comes to knowledge. A person who knows nothing talks like you. In the future you will remember I told you are bible gods are were ancient astronauts.
Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:03am On Mar 04, 2016
ifenes:

I am light years ahead of you when it comes to knowledge. A person who knows nothing talks like you. In the future you will remember I told you are bible gods are were ancient astronauts.

Empty vessels make the loudest noise . You are an empty vessel and you'll remain one - making raucous noise over trivial matters . There is no proof aliens exist . And you cannot provide the origin of 'ancient astronauts' and for the fact your puny-brained head got messed up by wack conspiracy theorists' websites and youtube videos , speaks volume of your personality .

Again , ifenes provide details about the origin of the anunnakis and "ancient astronauts" or admit you are a jester .
Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by asalimpo(m): 9:08am On Mar 04, 2016
MizJanet:

Am not surprised though

You are just an atheist looking to score cheap points. Since you know the bible is contradictory and false, from one verse (see your logic), why dont you let it be.
Instead of cheaply feigning curiosity?

First , since you are trying to debunk the bible, let me ask you
,What is the modus ,according to the bible, for interpreting /critiquing a bible related question?
Science,engineering,mathematics,Law,Music all have standard ways of critiquing related questions. E.g in mathematics, a statement that ends in a contradiction is automatically false.
In science, if it cannot be observed physically, subject to the five senses,its not valid subject matter.
So, for you as an outsider to put down the bible as false without conforming to it's method of enquiry , is sheer foolery.
What is the m.o for interpreting bible verses? Let's start from there.

Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by Ramon92: 12:15pm On Mar 04, 2016
They defend one contradiction or a fictuos story with another contradiction and another fictuos story- all in the same book. That speaks volumes. If only Christians really know the origin of their holy book..

Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by MrIyke222(m): 12:59pm On Mar 04, 2016
facheux:
The xtian 3 headed god is very weak. It only takes a few rusty nails to kill it. Pathetic .

Woe unto ur cannal mind.
As long as u do not hv wot it takes 2 undstand d tins of God which is d spirit of God tru righteousnes, dey wil akawys rmain a plain shit 2 u.

And 4 ur empty head's undstnding, Chris was not killd by d nail, and if He had really died, u nd i wount b xisting 2day.
Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by ifenes(m): 2:00pm On Mar 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Empty vessels make the loudest noise . You are an empty vessel and you'll remain one - making raucous noise over trivial matters . There is no proof aliens exist . And you cannot provide the origin of 'ancient astronauts' and for the fact your puny-brained head got messed up by wack conspiracy theorists' websites and youtube videos , speaks volume of your personality .

Again , ifenes provide details about the origin of the anunnakis and "ancient astronauts" or admit you are a jester .

You are a fool
Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:47pm On Mar 04, 2016
ifenes:

You are a fool

Did the anunnaki teach how to say that ? cheesy While you were having speech lessons , did they reveal their origin ?

Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by ifenes(m): 2:50pm On Mar 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Did the anunnaki teach how to say that ? cheesy While you were having speech lessons , did they reveal their origin ?

smiley Our goal is to be fully human. You are getting there wink
Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:56pm On Mar 04, 2016
ifenes:

smiley Our goal is to be fully human. You are getting there wink

No my goal is the transformation into immortality . Being human is a limitation . You are not smart at all cheesy
Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by ifenes(m): 3:00pm On Mar 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

No my goal is the transformation into immortality . Being human is a limitation . You are not smart at all cheesy

You think you who pay tithes is smarter grin grin grin

You can achieve immortality by being yourself for once.
Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:10pm On Mar 04, 2016
ifenes:

You think you who pay tithes is smarter grin grin grin

I pay tithes according to God's commandment .

You can achieve immortality by being yourself for once.

Stop talking none sense abeg . If the above was a joke jes stopit
Re: Xtians, Pls Explain This? by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:23pm On Mar 04, 2016
ifenes:

You are a fool

Is this the Ifeness I know long ago? This guy has really changed

How To Identify The Spirit Of Nebuchadnezzar / Once Shaved Always Shaved? - Paul Ellis / Testimonies Of An Atheist

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90