Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With (3157 Views)

Lady Visits A Guy At His Hostel, Crowd Of Guys Wait Outside To HAIL HIM (pics) / Real Reason Women Play Hard To Get Or Seem Not Interested / Why Is It That Girls Don't Play Hard To Get Or Sleep With Anymore Nowadays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by fernandoc(m): 4:32pm On Mar 03, 2016
There is always this misconception among our young Nigerian ladies of today that playing ‘hard to get’ is the sure way of identifying a guy who truly desires and cherishes them. This notion is not only fallacious, it also stands on a sinking foundation! There are guys who would play along with you to the end just to ‘get down with you’ and eventually show you the EXIT SIGN when it is time for them to take a leave It doesn’t matter the method you use in playing the so-called ‘hard to get’. If you like, do it in a Chinese style or Zimbabwean style!!! Dat nor be dia concern!!!

On a serious note, that a guy doesn’t have time to start running after you like a kindergaten child doesn’t mean he never desired you or liked you in sincerity. Different strokes for different folks, they say Below are the types of guys that find it difficult to tolerate ‘hard to get’ in romantic affairs:
1) Intelligent guys

These set of guys find it difficult to tolerate all the unnecessary rigmarole that comes with a lady playing hard-to-get. Do you think an intelligent person doesn’t know he is? You cannot be the one to tell him; he knows it. He probably has some real brain-storming stuffs to do that can create wealth and help others as well other than chasing you up and down the road or calling your line several times without any response on daily basis!
2) Ambitious guys

When I say ‘ambitious’, I’m not talking of guys who wake up in the morning with huge wraps of indian hemp in their hands with loud talk of ‘I go hammer, I go hammer’!!! I mean guys who have concrete dreams and are working towards it. They probably won’t have time to chase you here and there when they know they have lot and lot of work to do. There’s a difference between chasing women and dating a girl; you probably don’t expect the latter to slow down his dreams! He might need you sincerely; he doesn’t want to chase women.

1 Like

Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by falconey(m): 4:33pm On Mar 03, 2016
Hard to get for where? even bad guys are scarce not to talk of the type of guys you listed.

they are now playing easy to get especially those above 27.
Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by endoski: 4:35pm On Mar 03, 2016
seen
Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 03, 2016
Actually most intelligent people do not think they are intelligent.

1 Like

Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by lilmax(m): 4:40pm On Mar 03, 2016
Guys like me

I don't find it attractive, its time wasting
Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by chigoizie7(m): 4:40pm On Mar 03, 2016
Play hard to get with me and watch me go after your younger sister.

Did I actually say that?

1 Like

Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 03, 2016
Lol...what about men? They also do this "playing hard to get" game & I don't get it why? tongue
Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by shamsuRana(m): 4:57pm On Mar 03, 2016
YourMain:

But how ?

1 Like

Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by shamsuRana(m): 4:58pm On Mar 03, 2016
fernandoc:
There is always this misconception among our young Nigerian ladies of today that playing ‘hard to get’ is the sure way of identifying a guy who truly desires and cherishes them. This notion is not only fallacious, it also stands on a sinking foundation! There are guys who would play along with you to the end just to ‘get down with you’ and eventually show you the EXIT SIGN when it is time for them to take a leave It doesn’t matter the method you use in playing the so-called ‘hard to get’. If you like, do it in a Chinese style or Zimbabwean style!!! Dat nor be dia concern!!!

On a serious note, that a guy doesn’t have time to start running after you like a kindergaten child doesn’t mean he never desired you or liked you in sincerity. Different strokes for different folks, they say Below are the types of guys that find it difficult to tolerate ‘hard to get’ in romantic affairs:
1) Intelligent guys

These set of guys find it difficult to tolerate all the unnecessary rigmarole that comes with a lady playing hard-to-get. Do you think an intelligent person doesn’t know he is? You cannot be the one to tell him; he knows it. He probably has some real brain-storming stuffs to do that can create wealth and help others as well other than chasing you up and down the road or calling your line several times without any response on daily basis!
2) Ambitious guys

When I say ‘ambitious’, I’m not talking of guys who wake up in the morning with huge wraps of indian hemp in their hands with loud talk of ‘I go hammer, I go hammer’!!! I mean guys who have concrete dreams and are working towards it. They probably won’t have time to chase you here and there when they know they have lot and lot of work to do. There’s a difference between chasing women and dating a girl; you probably don’t expect the latter to slow down his dreams! He might need you sincerely; he doesn’t want to chase women.

An additional,is guys that have apparently nothing to lose in life.
Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 03, 2016
shamsuRana:

But how ?

Because the more you know the more questions that arise. And the more questions that arise the more you realise you do not know. So intelligent people have more things that they do not know and the world does not know. And unlike non intelligent people they can't just google the answers and be satisfied. Leaving them feeling not as intelligent as "normal" people.

So mo' intelligence mo' problems cheesy

1 Like

Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by shamsuRana(m): 5:13pm On Mar 03, 2016
YourMain:

Because the more you know the more questions that arise. And the more questions that arise the more you realise you do not know. So intelligent people have more things that they do not know and the world does not know. And unlike non intelligent people they can't just google the answers and be satisfied. Leaving them feeling not as intelligent as "normal" people.

For you to put up this kind of response,you must be one intelligent person as well.

Knowledge is an endless ocean,a bottomless pit.it's seekers are constantly being challenged into trying to exhaust it,but without ever reaching satisfaction.

I would want to agree with your fact that "intelligent ones don't really think they are such".
Yea.it's just a sign of humility,and a way to keep arrogance from guiding them,but they know that they know alot.And will not hesitate to put forth their intelligence any day,anytime. wink

Thanks for your piece though.

1 Like

Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 03, 2016
YourMain:
Like?
Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 5:33pm On Mar 03, 2016
YourMain:

This is crap angry

so Einstein didn't know he was smart? tell me something undecided
Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 03, 2016
undecided So they would not be needing women one day.

One girl don play hard to get for you sotey u kon vex open thread. Pele o
Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 03, 2016
cheesy nonsense.They will if they over 27 wink
Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 03, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:

This is crap angry

From the words of shakesphere himself "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."

Geniuses like Einstein do not think they are geniuses, they can't answer the questions they themselves have. Einstein never regarded himself as a genius.

1 Like

Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by Lessonteacher(f): 5:46pm On Mar 03, 2016
YourMain:
true! They are usually very humble
Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 03, 2016
YourMain:

From the words of shakesphere himself "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."

Geniuses like Einstein do not think they are geniuses, they can't answer the questions they themselves have. Einstein never regarded himself as a genius.
Quick question,what was Einsteins greatest "achievement"?
I don't know much about the dude.
But you do.
Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 5:53pm On Mar 03, 2016
YourMain:

ur throwing in too many terms, which though similar, differ quite a bit.

wise, genius, intelligence

I maintain that Einstein knew he was intelligent, but maybe never saw himself as either wise or being a genius.

When you've built on basic logic skills in life, together with a certain amount of discipline, intelligence follows, genius follows with a total dedication to one's craft and wisdom only comes from God.
Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by Lessonteacher(f): 6:05pm On Mar 03, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:

This is crap angry

real intelligence,like that of Einstein takes place at subconscious level...
Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 6:07pm On Mar 03, 2016
Lessonteacher:
real intelligence,like that of Einstein takes place at unconscious level...

no, that it iss real genius that takes place at that level, not basic or advanced intelligence.
Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 03, 2016
These qualities are all embedded in me.
Nairaland gehs una dey hear? If I ask you out just say: I concur
Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 03, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:

ur throwing in too many terms, which though similar, differ quite a bit.

wise, genius, intelligence

I maintain that Einstein knew he was intelligent, but maybe never saw himself as either wise or being a genius.

When you've built on basic logic skills in life, together with a certain amount of discipline, intelligence follows, genius follows with a total dedication to one's craft and wisdom only comes from God.

Lol.

No. You think you're intelligent it's cause you know things people don't know. Having basic logic skills doesn't make you intelligent. If you knew 1 + 1 is 2 you wouldn't consider yourself intelligent.

Einstein never thought himself intelligent. He spent his life trying to find answers to things he doesn't know. He didn't know things. He died not knowing things. I'm sure you can google it! Ugh.
Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 03, 2016
QueenValerie:
But you do.

Lol I don't know haha. I don't know what he considered his greatest achievement.
Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 03, 2016
YourMain:
Most of them. And those are the ones in their late teens and above. geniuses below 15 are the worst, they humble brag all the damn time. I was one of them. and now, if I look back at how I behaved then, I always face palm.

QueenValerie:
But you do.
General Relativity.

I'm not sure if you saw the thread about gravitational waves that made front page a few days/weeks earlier. He predicted those waves 100 years ago. of course, That's just my opinion, other physicist think that his study of photo-electricity is.
Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 03, 2016
Teempakguy:
Most of them. And those are the ones in their late teens and above. geniuses below 15 are the worst, they humble brag all the damn time. I was one of them. and now, if I look back at how I behaved then, I always face palm.

General Relativity.

I'm not sure if you saw the thread about gravitational waves that made front page a few days/weeks earlier. He predicted those waves 100 years ago. of course, That's just my opinion, other physicist think that his study of photo-electricity is.

Then yall must not be geniuses tongue
Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 03, 2016
YourMain:

Then yall must not be geniuses tongue
LOL. cheesy
come to quora. they're all there. They're actually quite smart. but they're so young, they haven't faced real problems. most of them are at the top of their classes effortlessly. they're admired by everyone for being so brilliant. so they get proud. but then, when they clock around fifteen. which is around the time you go to university, the real problems and challenges come. and eventually, they start to see themselves as actually dumber than everyone else.

At least, that's how the transformation works.
Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 6:25pm On Mar 03, 2016
YourMain:

Lol.

No. You think you're intelligent it's cause you know things people don't know. Having basic logic skills doesn't make you intelligent. If you knew 1 + 1 is 2 you wouldn't consider yourself intelligent.

Einstein never thought himself intelligent. He spent his life trying to find answers to things he doesn't know. He didn't know things. He died not knowing things. I'm sure you can google it! Ugh.

yes, knowing that 1+1 equals 2, does make the both of us somewhat intelligent.

for instance, how many dogs do you know that can do simple additional? there's a reason humans are referred to as intelligent species, yet the lowly ant is deemed wise for it's organizational skills.

back to humans for a sec, I hope you know that there are humans out there that can't do simple arithmetic, one of the basic building blocks for advanced intelligence, like in remote villages and so on.

however, since humans are innately intelligent species, those referred to above who lack the basic building blocks for advanced intelligence, would obviously still acquire intelligence in minute forms, but such wouldn't even measure up to the world's standard today for being seen to be intelligent.

anywho rant over, whew undecided
Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by Lessonteacher(f): 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:

no, that it iss real genius that takes place at that level, not basic or advanced intelligence.
i meant subconscious not unconscious.. If u say say ,though, i think its hard to be consciously highly intelligent
Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 03, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:

yes, knowing that 1+1 equals 2, does make the both of us somewhat intelligent.

for instance, how many dogs do you know that can do simple additional? there's a reason humans are referred to as intelligent species, yet the lowly ant is deemed wise for it's organizational skills.

back to humans for a sec, I hope you know that there are humans out there that can't do simple arithmetic, one of the basic building blocks for advanced intelligence, like in remote villages and so on.

however, since humans are innately intelligent species, those referred to above who lack the basic building blocks for advanced intelligence, would obviously still acquire intelligence in minute forms, but such wouldn't even measure up to the world's standard today for being seen to be intelligent.

anywho rant over, whew undecided

Lol. Okay. Relating back to the OP. So if a guy knows 1 + 1 = 2 he's suddenly intelligent. Hahahahahhahahahahahahahhaa. Stop. What even ? How many humans do you know that can track drugs with their nose ? Ooooooooh wow. And according to lots of recent researches dolphins and whales are smarter than humans...

Sigh. Not being able to do basic arithmetic doesn't make you unintelligent. No one ever said that! Jeez! Intelligence: the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.
Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 6:58pm On Mar 03, 2016
Lessonteacher:
i meant subconscious not unconscious.. If u say say ,though, i think its hard to be consciously highly intelligent

why not, from the conscious to the subconscious, back to the conscious, in till you become a beast unconsciously smiley

1 Like

Re: LADIES: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play ‘hard-to-get’ With by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 03, 2016
YourMain:

Lol I don't know haha. I don't know what he considered his greatest achievement.
You try though wink

Thanks teempakguy

(1) (2) (Reply)

MUST READ:5 Important Things You Should Knw Before Marrying An Igbo Girl (photo) / 7 Girls Celebrate National BF Day By Posting Photos Of The Same Nigerian Boyfrie / Heartbreaking Video Trending On Twitter With The Tag #hurtbae

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.