Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash (56565 Views)

Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Yoruba Vs Hausa Fight In Mile 12, Lagos (Photos) / Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by free2blast(m): 11:13am On Mar 05, 2016
NoreenUG:

I will get back to the kitchen the day you grow some balls and go confront the Hausa superstars currently kicking your people's collective assses in Mile 12.
Stay there then and be waiting for balls to be grown. We deal with issues our own way and don't need advice from sons and daughters of the red mud hatred region. Why is it of concern to you anyways, have finished dealing with cattle rustlers that bleed your women and kidnap your chiefs in Enugu? Why did you ran to Lagos, you should have stayed back in the East and be ridden like a cowboy by the herdsmen. Oshi!
Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by forgiveness: 11:15am On Mar 05, 2016
Cuteamigo1:

u say Attack but let me remind you. the southerners come to the north and carry out their business without much to worry about but when a northerer Geos south he is harassed and intimidated without doing any wrong but simply because he is hausa or Muslim.
I don't support riding against traffic and that an innocent woman died because of it but the only reason this us happening is because the guy is hausa and Muslim. I wish it were igbo or Yoruba, this would have been a random accident without escalating to senseless violence which the Yoruba community of logos live and breath.

What is this one saying? undecided "because the guy is hausa and Muslim." So, because of that he is free to break traffic rules and murder people. See reasoning.

Last year, a danfo driver was almost killed before he was rescued by the police because he wanted to run away after he almost killed my colleague's brother with his bus. Guess! They are both yoruba.

So, my friend don't come here and play the victim when it is glaring the okada boy was guilty but was not ready to take responsibility.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by jude90(m): 11:17am On Mar 05, 2016
onatisi:
When fayose raised this issue last week of buhari silence on Fulani killings in the nation,many yorubas called him all sort of names even olumiliwa called him a bastard for not respecting older people,well that was because it happened in benue state ,little did they know then that in less than a week the same thing too will happen in Lagos . See where hypocrisy has gotten us,we see the faults of this government but majority of Yoruba leaders and Obas refuse to talk all because most of them belong to the president party. Smh
you just spoke my mind.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by achi4u(m): 11:18am On Mar 05, 2016
Truly, things have fallen apart and the centre could not hold again... I thought yorubas and Hausas are like brothers, why fighting each other?

1 Like

Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by free2blast(m): 11:18am On Mar 05, 2016
MrEverest:
What she told you is the absolute truth & you know it yet you choose to call her names for advising you!!!
Mr man keep you useless truth to yourselves and come back when you finish dealing with pogrom being visited on you land by the herdsmen. Blind people that want to show a man with eyes the wall...lol. Hypocrites.
Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by Agunechemba1(m): 11:18am On Mar 05, 2016
Oga u funny sha grin
Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by YorubaParapo: 11:18am On Mar 05, 2016
Cray!

The update doesn't look pretty and nice on Yorubas, especially on home turf. Ashamed right now. Some folks are just too weak and cowardly. Thank God weakness isn't a DNA thing, it is more of a subconscious thing based on environment, mentality, and upbringing. If not, I'd hate myself right now.

Lmao @ Igbos gloating and rejoicing. Random killings can't replace three million lives. Have fun.

1 Like

Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by Ebukhaldum(m): 11:20am On Mar 05, 2016
chukwudi44:

Lagos: Killings continue in Mile 12 ethnic clash

ON MARCH 5, 20164:57 AMIN NEWSCOMMENTS
By  Evelyn Usman, Bose Adelaja and Monsuru Olowoopejo

Some parts of the   Mile 12 market and environs in Kosofe Local Government Area of Lagos, yesterday, were tension-soaked  following fresh killings by armed hoodlums suspected to be from the Northern part of the country. Four persons were reported killed in the renewed midnight ethnic clash which started on Wednesday night. Saturday Vanguard gathered that in spite of the curfew imposed in the area, some armed men arrived at  the early hours of yesterday through the canal and destroyed some shops in the market. Some homeless persons sleeping in the market and adjourning streets were suspected to have been killed.

Ketu-traders
A resident, who simply gave his name as Oluwatimileyin, said: “ The Hausa men  crossed the Agilinti river with canoe and attacked residents of an estate at Isheri North, last night. They even burnt some buildings”.

Irked by the invasion, some armed  Yoruba  youths  converged close to the market in readiness for another clash at about 1pm.  The irate youths, who chanted war songs attempted to invade the market and destroy  shops belonging to  Hausa traders.  But they were dispersed by security operatives with tear gas cannisters.

Consequently, residents in the affected streets have been fleeing their abodes, following alleged threats by some Hausa youths to set their houses on fire at midnight.  Also, Hausa residents in the area have abandoned their homes for fear of being caught in the ethnic war. The popular Mile 12 market  was Thursday, turned into a theatre of war, during which no fewer than 12 persons were killed and several others injured. What started like a storm in a tea cup on Tuesday, snowballed into a big fracas two days later.

The  ongoing crisis which began with a verbal confrontation  took a violent twist  after a commercial motorcyclist  popularly called okada hit a female trader. Consequently,  the popular Mile 12 market was  shut by the state government, with curfew imposed on four neighbouring streets:  Maidan, Agilinti 1, Agilinti 2 and Oniyanrin, close to the market.

How it happened

According to eye witnesses’ account, a commercial motorcyclist from the northern part of the country who was riding against traffic  hit one of the residents, a Yoruba woman who sustained severe injuries. This attracted sympathy from co-residents, who argued that she should be taken to a nearby hospital at the expense of the rider.

The Okada rider bluntly refused the idea and called his colleagues from the same ethnic group, during which a fight ensued.  This matter was amicably settled by some community leaders. Unfortunately, the victim passed on the following day, a development that drew the anger of the woman’s friends and subsequently led to fresh crisis on Thursday.

On that Thursday most of those who became victims of the clash were commuters either going or returning from work. Sensing danger, the Okada rider’s friends and other co-okada riders from the Northern extraction re-mobilised and positioned themselves in various places wielding dangerous weapons to attack the Yoruba. The news spread such that some hoodlums took advantage of the situation by proceeding to Mile 12 market to vandalise and loot the traders’ shops.

On noticing the development, the Hausa also strategised to torch and vandalise vehicles and buildings and by the time the dust settled, no fewer than 12 lives were lost while 12 buildings, 10 vehicles and other valuable items were destroyed.

Victims’ accounts

Some of the victims, who spoke to Saturday Vanguard, condemned the belated response of the Police at Mile 12 Division. “The  Police at Mile 12 did not respond on time and when they eventually arrived the scene, they could not stop the raging war,’’ Mr Igba Andrew, one of the victims, who was badly injured  and who also had his two-year-old son  kidnapped during the incident said: “I was at home when some Hausas came with guns, broken bottles and matchetes and forcefully took my son away and up till now, his whereabouts remain unknown,”

A clergy, Pastor Adekunle Tanimowo, had his only building, church and car razed. ‘’I am left with nothing and only God can restore me. I was in the church preparing for the day’s event when my wife screamed in the house and I rushed to attend to her but to our surprise, some men were seen afar off conversing in Hausa language and we sensed danger. Without wasting time, we fled the scene with our children and while hiding somewhere, I got a call from somebody who alerted me that all our properties have been torched by the attackers.”

They left me when I spoke Hausa – Survivor

Another victim, Mr Kunle Afariogun, who escaped death by the whiskers said he ran into the hoodlums on his way back from work. ‘’Thank God I understand Hausa language, if not, only God knows what would have happened to me. I was on my way home when I ran into them and they asked me if I were an Hausa man and I answered in the affirmative. But they were not convinced and asked me to start speaking in Hausa Language which I did and they responded in Hausa Language ‘he is one of us, don’t kill him.’’’

A resident of Agilinti, Mrs Oluwakemi Ologbon, who is presently seeking refuge in Ikorodu, said she was scared to return to the area. ‘’My husband is taking refuge with his friend while I am taking refuge with my elder sister. Yesterday’s experience was a signal that Boko Haram has infiltrated Lagos and the government must act fast. Thank God I escaped with all my children but what about so many people who have lost their means of livelihood? Six buildings to my house were razed when I fled with my family but my husband decided to stay elsewhere while we all came to Ikorodu,” she said.

Residents flee homes over possible reprisal attacks

When Saturday Vanguard visited the community, it was gathered that many residents had left their homes in order to avoid been lynched by the hoodlums. A resident, Motunrayo, who spoke to Saturday Vanguard on phone said: “I have left for Mowe. And I am not the only one who has left the community. Some members of the community had gone as far as Ibadan. I don’t want to die. I believe that going to Mowe will help me evade any attack.”

On how she escaped, she said: “We moved through the bush path. And on getting to Isheri-Osun axis, we boarded vehicles to our respective locations.” Motunrayo noted that they would not return until there was strong assurance from the government and the traditional rulers of both communities that normalcy has returned.

Ambode meets traditional rulers in crisis location

Meanwhile, Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, yesterday, met with traditional leaders of Mile 12 and environs, to find ways of resolving the ongoing fracas, 24 hours after declaring curfew in the area. At the meeting held behind closed doors in Alausa Secretariat, Ikeja, sources said that Ambode who was represented by the Secretary to the State Government, SSG, Mr. Tunji Bello, asked the traditional rulers to instruct their people to sheathe their swords in order for peace to return to the community.

Saturday Vanguard gathered that the Governor assured the traditional rulers that the government was working with the security operatives to end the frequent face-off between the Hausa and Yoruba communities in the axis. In an interview with Saturday Vanguard, Baale of Maidan-Mile 12, Babatunde Ogunjobi, said that the crux of our meeting was on the ongoing crisis in Mile 12, saying “we used the opportunity to express our displeasure over the crisis rocking our community.’’

However, armed security men have been strategically positioned to ward off any reprisal attack. Saturday Vanguard gathered over 50 persons were arrested yesterday in connection with the crisis and were currently being detained at the State Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Department,SCIID. Spokesperson for the Lagos State Police Command , Dolapo Badmus, said there was no fresh killing yesterday.

She said “the police have dominated the place since Thursday. We are also assisted by the Nigerian Army. We have almost 141 people arrested in connection with the case and we will charge them to court. The suspects were arrested since yesterday (Thursday ) up to the early hours of this morning (yesterday) . Investigation is still ongoing” http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/lagos-killings-continue-in-mile-12-ethnic-clash/

can never happen in the east why simple because the ibos refused to sell their birthright to the nigerian sham !

1 Like

Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 05, 2016
what happened to yoruba thugs and gang members? This is the kind of situation where they normally show themselves.
Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by tbliss22(m): 11:20am On Mar 05, 2016
Mosh1:
see as everyone is talking as if the Hausas defeat us,I am ashamed to say this but we killed them and they came out for revenge which they were unable to achieve but were able to burn houses and church.Even the primary sch pupil they is not a Yoruba.So,because we own Lagos we should go on killing spree?

Don't waste your time jare padimi, they are just bloody idiot who don't think with their head but through anus. As a yoruba guy which I'm proud to be I don't responds to fight like fools killing people (hausa guys) just anyhow but rather solve the situation like a gentle man.

If we the yoruba's had handled every little fight that occurs on our land the way you igbos are RANTING here, will we be able to accommodate u guys in LAGOS, OGUN, OYO,ONDO and EKITI?

Keep RANTING here calling for our reprisal fight, we are not fools but peace loving TRIBE who handles any issue of pandemonium with WISDOM and not FOOLISHNESS

I've always meet IGBO guys with WISDOM, DISGNITY and RESPECT but the set of clowns here claim IGBOs are indeed a disgrace to whichever tribe they represent.

The yoruba community will always be PEACE and LAW abiding tribe if you feel BAD about that go and HUG TRANSFORMER

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by forgiveness: 11:21am On Mar 05, 2016
ari3l:

Well he didn't say anything. And he wouldn't say anything in this one, since the hausa and Fulani are winning the war.

And that was why i said, The way he will handle this case will determine the future because this no Agatu(sorry), this is SW where media is a weapon of mass destruction.

Buhari most speak against it...
Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by luvmijeje(f): 11:24am On Mar 05, 2016
CyberWolf:
You are just a shameless coward.. Had it been it's Igbos that are fighting and killing Yorubas in Lagos now, only God knows the kind of bitter stinking abuse you and your fellow goons would've lashed at Igbo nation by now angry . But here it is the hausa/fulani killing you people in your compound, you didn't deem it fit to condemn them.. You people are very very annoying and hopelessly cowards.. Same way Omenka, a famous Igbo hater ran away from NL since fulanis started slaughtering his Agatu people... Just go and hide your face in shame.. angry

You see what I'm saying! Unnecessary hatred!

Please don't quote me again o.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by phreakabit(m): 11:26am On Mar 05, 2016
[size=16pt]On a serious note sha. . .
I am not in support of these Northern Barbarians and their lack of respect for anyone non-Northern.
However, with that said, It is a common fact that you will eventually get killed by the monster you create
And that is the current fate of the Yoruba man. . . Fashola failed to deport Chadians and Malians etc, but attempted sending Igbos out of Lagos
Mr Oba wanted to throw people into the lagoon. . . Hope he still has lagoon filling blueprint in check.
As for me, being an Igbo man I am going to stay neutral on this one and just be a monitoring bystander
Enjoy!
[/size]
Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by CyberWolf: 11:27am On Mar 05, 2016
luvmijeje:

You see what I'm saying! Unnecessary hatred!

Please don't quote me again o.
Swallow the bitter truth and hide your face in shame. Why don't you tell the Hausas to respect their host?.. Oh you suddenly lost your voice.. Spits on your head.

3 Likes

Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by Cuteamigo1(m): 11:31am On Mar 05, 2016
forgiveness:

What is this one saying? undecided "because the guy is hausa and Muslim." So, because of that he is free to break traffic rules and murder people. See reasoning.

Last year, a danfo driver was almost killed before he was rescued by the police because he wanted to run away after he almost killed my colleague brother with his bus. Guess! They are both yoruba.

So, my friend don't come here and play the victim when it is glaring the okada boy was guilty but was not ready to take responsibility.
my point is the media is exploiting the love typical Nigerias like you have for sensational news. continue with your ignorance and pretence that you don't know what am saying, we will see how far it will take u.
Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by mercyville: 11:32am On Mar 05, 2016
gimakon:

Chilax,na genesis be this. I warned them on here of this Hausas, no kain insult way them no gimme for nairaland here. Today as I said it, it's how it's happening. These people are not friends to yorubas, they are not friends to anyone. Moving power back to north is to expect woes like this. Ignore this wailing on here. Igbos are thier problem, they should deal with it
Igbos small sense amazes me.Cant you see that you are still the problem.How many Hausas or Yorubas have you seen coming to brag as to how they have decimated themselves?But you have taken it upon yourselves to weep more than the bereaved.Hausa people are the easiest to kill because they live and sleep together in large numbers. and we have them on the streets doing menial jobs or begging.
What happened yesterday was
beyond anybody and you don't expect
Yorubas to begin to attack all Hausas in
Lagos when we are not savages .As much as
we don't like what happened,eye witness
testified that Hausas lost a lot of people in
the skirmishes which prompted them to
result to burning a couple of houses.The Hausa hoodlums coming in the middle of the night to burn houses are COWARDS.They do not know the art of fighting.If it were not for the alertness of the Yorubas,you would have been counting deaths in hundreds.
Yorubas don't have to prove anything.Our
record speaks volumes....Have you ever
been attacked by Yorubas even when you
run your mouth...NO...it has a reason.
As Nigeria still exists,Yoruba would still be
the tested trusted and guaranteed...

1 Like

Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by innocent1(m): 11:32am On Mar 05, 2016
Untill law enforcement agencies start. Arresting any Hausa man found with daga or any dangerious object or cham on the street, hausa's will not stop. You can imagin if an Igbo man or yoruba man is caught with daga at midnight the police will. Call them theives, but if. It were to be the Hausa's they won't even border to search them. That is the liecense given to them now we are all seeing the consequence.

2 Likes

Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by MrEverest(m): 11:33am On Mar 05, 2016
onatisi:

What do u want ambode to do? He still went clubbing yesterday night and he wont allow all these to ruin his wonderful weekend,you are all on your own. You voted a paparazzi man as a governor and you expect him to become a serious man all of a sudden
If you want ambode to take action set fire on all nightclubs in Lagos then he will come out smoking
Hahahahahahahahaha, This is classical wickedness, oga you mien o, wetin Ambode do you now, chai this is so funny.

1 Like

Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by phreakabit(m): 11:35am On Mar 05, 2016
onatisi:
When fayose raised this issue last week of buhari silence on Fulani killings in the nation,many yorubas called him all sort of names even olumiliwa called him a bastard for not respecting older people,well that was because it happened in benue state ,little did they know then that in less than a week the same thing too will happen in Lagos . See where hypocrisy has gotten us,we see the faults of this government but majority of Yoruba leaders and Obas refuse to talk all because most of them belong to the president party. Smh

[size=18pt]My friend, you drink beer?
I send you one crate![/size]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by muller101(m): 11:35am On Mar 05, 2016
What's my business. All I want to hear is emir of lagos. Sultan of ibadan. Etc.

1 Like

Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by hucienda: 11:36am On Mar 05, 2016
Na wa o.

Yoruba can not do this in the North.

Imagine wrecking havoc in someone's land and the natives can't really do anything? It's an insult of epic proportions! What gave those Hausa guys the temerity to carry-out this brawl far away from home turf? Indeed it's quite revealing.

The news is ugly and bad cos it displays in full glare and sort of confirms to Nigerians of other ethnicities that Yoruba can be sissies. That's bad on the self-esteem and pysche of the Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by jude90(m): 11:37am On Mar 05, 2016
MrEverest:
I cant but marvel at the kind of hypocrisy & cowardice you people always unabashedly put on display! Nobody is talking about strangers respecting their host again!! Irrespective of the fact that the malos are at fault here, brazenly killing, burning & destroying your properties with impunity & even threatning to wreak more havoc on your people, all you could do, "tongue in cheek" & "tail inbetween legs" is this shameful & gutless statement If it is peaceful & business minded Igbos, your Oba will start giving ultimatums & threatning lagoon but now everybody is quite & begging for peace!!! Emancipate yourself from mental slavery & cowardice~~ Bob Marley but emphasis mine.
1000 thanks to you
Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by onatisi(m): 11:38am On Mar 05, 2016
MrEverest:
Hahahahahahahahaha, This is classical wickedness, oga you mien o, Ambode do you now, chai this is so funny.
Bros that guy is just uselessly clueless,the crime rate in Lagos has more than tripled since he took over just 8 months ago and what does he do? He goes out arresting traffic offenders!!!
Hoodlums and cultists have virtually taken over Lagos and what does ambode do He simply goes clubbing every night as if all is well in Lagos state!!

1 Like

Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by free2blast(m): 11:38am On Mar 05, 2016
YourMrBoo:

Oga what concerns the issue of but in this case that you are being killed in your acclaimed land....

Thunder will scatter any conehead that will come online and tell me Lagos is owned by a tribe known for their cowardice....

Rubbish.
Anybody can kill anybody anywhere but your pint size brain is too slow to realise this. It is you that chooses to run from your village to Lagos and claim it as yours that thunder will roast. Go back to your village and stop wandering about.

1 Like

Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by onatisi(m): 11:39am On Mar 05, 2016
phreakabit:

[size=18pt]My friend, you drink beer?
I send you one crate![/size]
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by bonechamberlain(m): 11:43am On Mar 05, 2016
[quote author=iconize post=43495176][/quote]grin grin grin... bro u wan kill person o.
Re: Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash by saintkel(m): 11:44am On Mar 05, 2016
EastanPower:
On a more serios note, this is highly unacceptable. The northerners cannot be harassing southerners in the north and still come down south to harass us.

This must be frontally addressed.
Which southerners? Abeg make Yoruba people dey dia side o, u supported them to kill d Igbos now u want our support?. Anyway I support u sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Did You See The Mistake On The Ministerial List Sent To The Senator Saraki? (Pic / Buhari Reacts To Saraki's Supreme Court Judgement Over False Assets Declaration / Shi’ites Clash With El-rufai’s Convoy, Four Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.