Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,110 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. (70789 Views)

Man Dies After Consuming 1000mg Of Tramadol In Benue State / JSS Student Who Took 10 Tablets Of Tramadol Dies In Abia / NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by MoneypassGod(m): 1:31pm On Mar 06, 2016
G
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by shamecurls(m): 1:31pm On Mar 06, 2016
Its also a major cause of accidents on our roads cos if you mix it with petrol, You car electronics, gas pedal and brake will stop working on top speed and such car will head for the rocks. It intoxicates car engines.

1 Like

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Demily(m): 1:31pm On Mar 06, 2016
interstin :Pinterstin
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Hendrixtzee(m): 1:32pm On Mar 06, 2016
every single OD drug was a hit back to back. from tramadol to codeine to diazepam to methylphenidate... Cannabinol ti take over. #StayOffDrugs

2 Likes

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by ElPere(m): 1:34pm On Mar 06, 2016
Tramdol na small where Refnol and coco dey!! Abeg preach maybe one day them go hear.
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by kay29000(m): 1:36pm On Mar 06, 2016
I still have never tried this drug as a sex enhancer before. It seems a lot of people now use it. I am good naturally, and if I meet a girl that's super sex crazy, one bottle of Big Stout will bring out the beast in me.

5 Likes

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by ladyF(f): 1:36pm On Mar 06, 2016
Opiate dependency is real!
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Bsc(m): 1:36pm On Mar 06, 2016
Fulani herdsmen abuses it most...if u see a herdsmen in a chemist in local community in the North...na tramadol him come buy....

2 Likes

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by barcaboi(m): 1:37pm On Mar 06, 2016
a FGC Ilorin student died this year taking tramador; he wanted to get strong to win the school race....young boys abuse this drugs and its sad....what's the way forward??

2 Likes

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by mazizitonene(m): 1:38pm On Mar 06, 2016
PMBisaterrorist:
Sporting gijon vs athletic bilbao
Tip : home clean sheet No
Odd : 1.20

Sassuolo vs ac milan
Tip : away clean sheet No
Odd : 1.40

Mainz vs darmstadt
Tip : away clean sheet NO
Odd : 1.20

Crystal palace vs liverpool
Tip : home clean sheet No
Odd : 1.25

Total odd : 2.52
one of the effects of tramadol posting tnz on the wrong thread grin

30 Likes

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by abduldope(m): 1:40pm On Mar 06, 2016
why tramadol ?? wen their is royphnol mtchwww
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Goridoe(m): 1:41pm On Mar 06, 2016
McCarlito post=43520054[b:
]Ordinary Cough syrup is abused and the price still keeps getting higher and higher[/b]... talk less of Tramadol..... angry angry angry
Most parents don't have access to Coughlin Syrub for their kids because boys dey drink am say e dey high... Come be say na tramadol abi na tramol

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by dyn1800: 1:41pm On Mar 06, 2016
I've accidentally found myself abusing the use sometimes back ...... the itching effect is horrible
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Goridoe(m): 1:43pm On Mar 06, 2016
barcaboi:
a FGC Ilorin student died this year taking tramador; he wanted to get strong to win the school race....young boys abuse this drugs and its sad....what's the way forward??

lol one even enter well for ilorin (unilorin arena).. nigga don use tramo wella wan con go fetch water, naso the water fetch ahm instead inside well sad.. i hate dat tramo ehn. pipu con dey say na (10naira times 10) 100naira drug kill ahm ... ayama angry

7 Likes

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by sweetcocoa(f): 1:43pm On Mar 06, 2016
Drug abuse is the new cool.

May lucifer deliver us.
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by PMBisaterrorist(f): 1:46pm On Mar 06, 2016
mazizitonene:
one of the effects of tramadol posting tnz on the wrong thread grin

LoLzz na mistake jor
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Leopantro: 1:47pm On Mar 06, 2016
Here are the side effects of Tramadol. Note ask yourself, do you really want to abuse this drug

Constipation (24-46%)
Nausea (24-40%)
Dizziness (10-33%)
Vertigo (26-33%)
Headache (18-32%)
Somnolence (7-25%)
Vomiting (9-17%)
Agitation (7-14%)
Anxiety (7-14%)
Emotional lability (7-14%)
Euphoria (7-14%)
Hallucinations (7-14%)
Nervousness (7-14%)
Spasticity (7-14%)
Dyspepsia (5-13%)
Asthenia (6-12%)
Pruritus (8-11%)
1-10%
Diarrhea (5-10%)
Dry mouth (5-10%)
Sweating (6-9%)
Hypertonia (1-5%)
Malaise (1-5%)
Menopausal symptoms (1-5%)
Rash (1-5%)
Urinary frequency (1-5%)
Urinary retention (1-5%)
Vasodilation (1-5%)
Visual disturbance (1-5%)
<1%
Abnormal gait
Amnesia
Cognitive dysfunction
Depression
Difficulty in concentration
Dysphoria
Dysuria
Fatigue
Hallucinations
Menstrual disorder
Motor system weakness
Orthostatic hypotension
Paresthesia
Seizures
Suicidal tendencies
Syncope
Tachycardia
Tremor
FREQUENCY NOT DEFINED
Abnormal electrocardiogram (ECG)
Angioedema
Bronchospasm
Flushing
Hypertension
Hypotension
Myocardial ischemia
Palpitation
Urticaria
Withdrawal syndrome

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Omexonomy: 1:47pm On Mar 06, 2016
dominique:
This could be the reason why kidney, liver diseases and cancers are on the rise. So many drugs are being abused. When I was much younger you just can't stroll into a pharmacy and get certain drugs without a written prescription. Nowadays where roadside chemists peddling fake drugs are the norm, I doubt if such rule can hold any water.
which part of the planet did you grow up for over the counter prescription is a thing of nigeria since time immemorial

1 Like

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by comradee1248: 1:51pm On Mar 06, 2016
Coolguy89:
its very baad cos am an ex victim of it,and i thank God for my life now
I m right now an addict I've been looking for escape but can't find any, pls how did u succeed? for me leaving it just like that is not possible unless professionally treated

3 Likes

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by onatisi(m): 1:51pm On Mar 06, 2016
Montaque:
When I visited one north western state in Nigeria, I came across drug abusers as it concerns this tramadol.
Some even smoke iron sponge.
I just wondered how man has abused the good nature of creation. God will help us.
Happy Sunday
I have been hearing horrible stories about how northerners are drug abusers . Someone said they sniff shoe gums and stuffs like that. Abeg pls give us first hand info

1 Like

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by onatisi(m): 1:53pm On Mar 06, 2016
comradee1248:
I m right now an addict I've been looking for escape but can't find any, pls how did u succeed? for me leaving it just like that is not possible unless professionally treated
Go to church ,tell them to tie you down for one week , observe fasting and prayers for 7 days .believe me you wont even think about it again .

2 Likes

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Horlaz(m): 1:55pm On Mar 06, 2016
coollabman:
Tramadol is an opiod pain medication used to treat moderate to moderately severe pain. When taken as an immediate-release oral formulation, the onset of pain relief usually occurs within about an hour. Tramadol is a type of strong opiod that works on the nervous system and brain to reduce the feel of pain. There are many different forms, strengths and brands of tramadol. Some forms and brands start working quickly to ease the pain, while others release the tramadol they contain more slowly, over several hours, to provide a constant and more even pain control. These are called ”modified-release” and often have ‘XL’ ‘SR’ or ’24hr’ in front of the brand name.

Why is tramadol abused?

Apart from its pain relieving effects, tramadol has been discovered to give a feeling of euphoric high when taken in large quantity. When opiods like tramadol are mixed with alcohol, it increases the effects of the alcohol.
Toyosi Ogunjobi, a 19-year-old public secondary school student in Lagos, who is into the abuse of the drug told The Nation that he mixes tramadol with alcohol when he wants to engage in manual labour. He claims it allows him to work harder and longer but that if he takes the mixture without working, it weakens him.

Gabriel Oladoye, a 21 year-old undergraduate of the University of Agriculture, Abeokuta also admits to abusing tramadol. To him, tramadol serves as an aphrodisiac. He says he normally takes the drug few minutes before sex and it enables him last longer and perform better in bed.

Bode, a 27 year-old liquor seller says mixing tramadol with Bullet alcohol drink helps him last longer during intercourse, since he normally suffers from premature ejaculation. He shared an experience in which he engaged in intercourse all night with a commercial sex worker after taking tramadol with ‘Bullet’. He said they had marathon sex all night, but confessed that he had to visit the clinic during the day, when he began experiencing pains on his manhood. The doctor, after checking him up for infections, warned him to desist from such medications and marathon sex, as he was lucky not to have ruptured his tissues.

Effects of tramadol abuse

Although tramadol is an over-the-counter medication, its abuse can cause some undesirable effects similar to those of other opiates, such as dizziness, weakness, sleepiness, insomnia, headache, shaking, heartburn, panic attacks, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation, itching, sweating and dry mouth.

According to Adekunle Adeseye of Ariset Medical Hospital, tramadol belongs to a family of analgesic and it is actually a synthetic opiod. He said it can lead to addiction like other opiods such as morphine, cocaine and the rest. Some of its other side-effects include light-headedness, serious vomiting and even sedation, as it is narcotic in nature.

Dr. Jude Okonkwo, a medical practitioner at Medicare Hospital Ota, added that overdosing on the drugs can make some people experience difficulty in breathing; and that once addicted to the drugs, abusers won’t be able to function well without the drug, as it has neurological side-effects.

Asked to confirm the claims that the drug has aphrodasic effects and also gives extra strength, Dr. Okonkwo said “Those claims could be true, as it is a narcotic. It heightens the senses, but its effects vary from persons to persons. Abusing the drug has more” negative effects than any perceived positive.
He advised that abusers-turned addicts should stop and youths who take it for recreation because of its euphoric effect should stop as well; as drugs should only be taken on doctor’s prescription.

When asked how the increase in tramadol abuse can be curbed, he advised that parents and guardians should tutor their wards more on the hazards of drug abuse. He also wants the government to place serious sanctions and restrictions on the use of the medication.

www.thenationonlineng.net/the-use-and-abuse-of-tramadol/
bt may them help guys find another beta drug wey go replace tramol nw wey no go gt side effect now

2 Likes

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 06, 2016
I was once and addict to it but now I don't even know where they sell it agin

3 Likes

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by opeoluwa20(m): 1:56pm On Mar 06, 2016
I want to own a rehab centre, in 8 years time because most youth by then would have become mara

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by onatisi(m): 1:58pm On Mar 06, 2016
opeoluwa20:
I want to own a rehab centre, in 8 years time because most youth by then would have become mara
Is the addiction rate as alarming as that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 06, 2016
Not so bad, whatever u want to take , take in moderation.

1 Like

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by skilfulnat: 2:01pm On Mar 06, 2016
xpensivNas:
D day I tried it, I knew d Lord is good.... If I hear trama.... I go pick race

All d time
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Godswillnwaoma(m): 2:01pm On Mar 06, 2016
dancok:
Not so bad, whatever u want to take , take in moderation.
stop encouraging them, drugs will always Remain drugs.

2 Likes

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Korrection(m): 2:02pm On Mar 06, 2016
with all these stated here then Tramadol is simply poisonous.....
Leopantro:
Here are the side effects of Tramadol. Note ask yourself, do you really want to abuse this drug

Constipation (24-46%)
Nausea (24-40%)
Dizziness (10-33%)
Vertigo (26-33%)
Headache (18-32%)
Somnolence (7-25%)
Vomiting (9-17%)
Agitation (7-14%)
Anxiety (7-14%)
Emotional lability (7-14%)
Euphoria (7-14%)
Hallucinations (7-14%)
Nervousness (7-14%)
Spasticity (7-14%)
Dyspepsia (5-13%)
Asthenia (6-12%)
Pruritus (8-11%)
1-10%
Diarrhea (5-10%)
Dry mouth (5-10%)
Sweating (6-9%)
Hypertonia (1-5%)
Malaise (1-5%)
Menopausal symptoms (1-5%)
Rash (1-5%)
Urinary frequency (1-5%)
Urinary retention (1-5%)
Vasodilation (1-5%)
Visual disturbance (1-5%)
<1%
Abnormal gait
Amnesia
Cognitive dysfunction
Depression
Difficulty in concentration
Dysphoria
Dysuria
Fatigue
Hallucinations
Menstrual disorder
Motor system weakness
Orthostatic hypotension
Paresthesia
Seizures
Suicidal tendencies
Syncope
Tachycardia
Tremor
FREQUENCY NOT DEFINED
Abnormal electrocardiogram (ECG)
Angioedema
Bronchospasm
Flushing
Hypertension
Hypotension
Myocardial ischemia
Palpitation
Urticaria
Withdrawal syndrome

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 06, 2016
Kutunban:
Good have mercy on our generation

I dont understand whatchu tryna say bro..

@OP... Tramadol is really the trend now.. Even Refnol AKA Rocchi.. These drugs can turn one into an addict... It makes one skip during a conversation, heightens Brain activity and gives some kinda supercool Strength(According to Active Users tho)...

I've used it in the past, and i must confess that it can get you addicted..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) / To Gain Weight, What Medicine Can I Use? / Christabel Dies After Plastic Surgery, Friends Confront Doctor (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.