Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know (52735 Views)

Nigerian Christians Protesting In Akure Against Killings In Benue And Others / Why Do Nigerian Christians Avoid Naming Their Children Jesus? / Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by TruthHurts1(m): 11:05am On Mar 06, 2016
Silent104:

D thing is u dnt even undstnd wat u re serving. U re a Christian jst bcox u were born in it. *Hypocrisy*

Here are 25 interesting but important differences..
Jesus says; "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." (Matthew 5:14)
Muhammad said "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who
disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every
fingertip of them." (Qur'an 8:12)
" Fight everyone in the way of Allah and kill those who disbelieve in
Allah." Muhammad (Ibn Ishaq 992)
Jesus says God loves everyone.(John 3:16)
Muhammad said Allah does not love those who reject Islam. (Qur'an
30:45, 3:32, 22:38)
Jesus says "He who lives by the sword will die by the sword." (Matthew
26:52)
Muhammad said "I have been commanded to fight against people till
they testify that there is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad is the
messenger of Allah" (Muslim 1:33)
Jesus stops the stoning of an adulterous woman and says “Let he who is
without sin cast the first stone."(John 8:7)
Muhammad said Stone women for adultery.(Muslim 4206)
Jesus and God, the father says "Thou shalt not steal." (Matthew 19:18)
(Exodus 20:15; Deuteronomy 5:19)
Muhammad allows stealing from unbelievers. (Bukhari 44:668, Ibn Ishaq
764)
Jesus says "Thou shalt not bear false witness." (Matthew 19:18)
Muhammad Permitted lying, deceit and al taqyyiah. (Sahih Muslim 6303,
Bukhari 49:857)
Muhammad Owned and traded slaves. (Sahih Muslim 3901)
Jesus neither owned nor traded slaves.
Muhammad beheaded 600 to 900 Jewish men and boys (Sahih Muslim
4390)
Jesus healed the sick, feed the hungry and gave life to the dead.
Jesus preached forgiveness and peace. (Matthew 18:21-22, 5:38) and
says "If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other
also." (Matthew 5:39)
Muhammad preached retaliations and murdered those who insulted him.
(Bukhari 56:369, 4:241) and said "If then anyone transgresses the
prohibition against you, Transgress ye likewise against him" (Qur'an
2:194)
Jesus says "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of
God" (Matthew 5:9)
Muhammad said Jihad in the way of Allah elevates one's position in
Paradise by a hundred fold. (Muslim 4645)
Jesus was celibate. He conquered this carnal human body.
Muhammad Married 13 wives and kept numerous sex slaves.
(Bukhari 5:268, Qur'an 33:50)
Muhammad slept with a 9-year-old child. (Sahih Muslim 3309, Bukhari
58:236)
Need I say more
Jesus saved a woman from being stoned for adultery, he also healed
several women from sickness etc
Muhammad ordered the murder of women. (Ibn Ishaq 819, 995)
Jesus says "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
"(Matthew 5:5)
Muhammad said "O you who believe! Fight those of the unbelievers who
are near to you and let them find in you hardness." (Qur'an 9:123)
Jesus ordered no military campaigns, nor offered any approval of war or
violence.
Muhammad Ordered 65 military campaigns and raids in his LAST 10
years. (Ibn Ishaq )
Muhammad Killed captives taken in battle.(Ibn Ishaq 451),-hope u
remember about the 900 jews boys and women who opposed him etc
Jesus never killed anyone nor asked for the killing of anyone.
Muhammad encouraged his men To Molest enslaved women. (Abu Dawood
2150, Qur'an 4:24)
Jesus never encouraged rape and never enslaved women.
Muhammad lived like a king and demanded captured slaves and a fifth
of all other loot taken in war.(Qur'an 8:41)
Jesus says "The Son of Man came not to be served, but to
serve." (Matthew 20:28)
Muhammad was never tortured, but tortured others. (Muslim 4131, Ibn
Ishaq 436, 595, 734, 764)
Jesus suffered torture, but never tortured anyone.
Muhammad said "And fight them until there is no more persecution and
religion is only for Allah" (Qur'an 8:39)
Jesus says "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute
you" (Matthew 5:44)
Jesus healed a blind man (Mark 8:28)
Muhammad blessed the brutal murder of a half-blind man (al-Tabari
1440)
Muhammad Ordered a slave to build the very pulpit from which he
preached Islam. (Bukhari 47:743)
Jesus washed his disciples feet. (John 13:5)
Jesus says the Greatest Commandment is "Love God and love thy
neighbor as thyself." (Matthew 22:34-40)
Muhammad’s greatest Commandments? "Belief in Allah and Jihad in His
cause" (Muslim 1:149)
Muhammad demanded the protection of armed bodyguards, even in a
house of worship (Qur'an 4:102)
Jesus chastised anyone attempting to defend him with force. (John
18:10-12)
Jesus demanded nothing for himself and Died without possessions.
Muhammad got fat, was poisoned by a woman whom he collected her
goat meat and ate, suffered for 4 years and then died, a wealthy man
from what was taken from others in war or demanded from others in
tribute.
Jesus was crucified himself.
Muhammad advocated crucifying others.
(Qur'an 5:33, Muslim 16:4131)

and finally,

I want you to recall their dying words…..who looks like he died with hate
in his heart and who looks like he died with love in his.
Lets take a look;
Jesus said , “Father forgive them, for they know not what they are
doing.” Luke 23:34:

While Muhammad spoke the following words while dying, “ May Allah
curse the Jews and Christians.” Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 8, Number
427:
Narrated ‘Aisha and ‘Abdullah bin ‘Abbas: When the last moment of the
life of Allah’s Apostle came he started putting his ‘Khamisa’ on his face
and when he felt hot and short of breath he took it off his face and
said , “May Allah curse the Jews and Christians for they built the places
of worship at the graves of their Prophets.”

Muslims don't believe that Jesus paid the price for the sins of those who
accept his message and also accept him as lord and savior (Christians)
but yet their hadith teaches them this;
Sahih Muslim 6666--Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: No
Muslim would die but Allah would admit in his stead a Jew or a Christian
in Hell-Fire.
And this,
Sahih Muslim 6668--Allah's Messenger [said]: There would come people
amongst the Muslims on the Day of Resurrection with as heavy sins as a
mountain, and Allah would forgive them and He would place in their
stead the Jews and the Christians.

I have to warned Muslims that Christians and Jews can't take away their sins. . We don't have that power. they were lied to.
Only Christ can do this, only he can take sins away.

Preach the gospel and highlight these differences(if it is safe to todo so) when u interact with Muslims. .

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by Cutehector(m): 11:06am On Mar 06, 2016
kaziblake:
Op thanks a bunch.

I'm tired of going to church,they have really fustrated me.
become a free thinker na
Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by Codyt(m): 11:07am On Mar 06, 2016
In summary Humanity has lost its essence. lipsrsealed angry
Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by jesuspikinjp(m): 11:08am On Mar 06, 2016
hungryboy:
I still remember working for one contractor like that were dey too like quote Bible for every situation, that man paid us the worst wage we have ever earned, and he treated us badly too,
Since that day, i no dey judge human being again based on how many Bible or Quoran him carry for him Motor, or his ability to quote bible verses or recite the Quoran off hand,

Those ones wicked pass devil himself. They have the biggest bible in the church. Hypocrites

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by kaziblake(f): 11:08am On Mar 06, 2016
Cutehector:
become a free thinker na
Nop.
I believe in God and I accept him.

I will praise and worship God at home.
Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by truly: 11:10am On Mar 06, 2016
Horlufemi:

Islam is worse. Fundamental Islam is an affront to humanity.
You clearly don't know the history of Christianity
Teasers - doctrine of discovery; Spanish inquisition, Vietnam war
Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by AroOkigbo(m): 11:11am On Mar 06, 2016
binsanni:
End time relligion. Am proud being a muslim

So a muslim can place a comment on a "Christian" topic?
#proudlyachristian

Now tell me which adherents of all the other world religions that kill Christians more than the muslims?
#religionofpeaceindeed

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by DrayZee: 11:12am On Mar 06, 2016
kimond101:

Every prophets mentioned in the monotheistic religions used this Way of saying thanks or praying to GOD, the postures use is also beneficial when you are at a mediated state of mind (also it improves your respiratory functions which is miraculous) since this question is specific on Jesus, in Islamic context we believe he worshipped GOD in this way, as Muslim believes he was not lord himself as there is one God! However prior to Jesus many prophets before him prayed in this way. Since the modern alternatives being adapted into the Christian faith this way of praying may not have been highly interpreted or used as Islam brought the 5 times prayer system where muhammad constantly used the same posture for his prayers.

However, please see below references to illustrates the same :

These are some of the Prophets whom GOD blessed. They were chosen from among the descendants of Adam, and the descendants of those whom we carried with Noah, and the descendants of Abraham and Israel, and from among those whom we guided and selected. When the revelations of the Most Gracious are recited to them, they fall prostrate, weeping." – Qur’an English Translation [19:58]

"And he (Jesus) went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." - New Testament (Matthew 26:39)

"And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid." - New Testament (Matthew 17:6)

"And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying," - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Genesis 17:3)

"Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Genesis 17:17)

"And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped." - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Exodus 34:cool

“And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell upon their faces: and the glory of the LORD appeared unto them.” - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Numbers 20:6)

"And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, Separate yourselves from among this congregation, that I may consume them in a moment. And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Numbers 16:20-22)

And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the LORD with [their] faces to the ground. - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Nehemiah 8:6)

"And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Joshua 5:14)

"And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Ezekiel 9:cool

"And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD." - Old Testament (Tanakh) (2 Chronicles 20:18)

"And it came to pass, when I prophesied, that Pelatiah the son of Benaiah died. Then fell I down upon my face, and cried with a loud voice, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou make a full end of the remnant of Israel?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Ezekiel 11:13)
I no fit finish dis epistle.
But thanks for your contribution.
Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by oluwafreshkid(m): 11:14am On Mar 06, 2016
ROCKHARDDK:
KuliKuli kpon kan ti di naira kan. Una go talk oun te ri lobe te fi wa iru sowo.
Wa ro owo
Not iru (locust bean)
Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by IamJose(m): 11:15am On Mar 06, 2016
Prove it
*Religion vs Christ*
"Religion teaches that you need to earn your way to
Heaven by doing good works, Jesus teaches that you
can never be good enough to earn your way to
Heaven by doing good works, that the only way to get to Heaven is to trust him as your Lord and Savior.
Religions are man made, and the opinions of any
man, or group, are as of no authority over any other man or group, but Jesus christ is from God.Strictly speaking, the doctrin of Christ is not a RELIGION, but a relationship with God..."
#Shalom#
@Iamjose

3 Likes

Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by charlesucheh(m): 11:19am On Mar 06, 2016
SUPERPACK:
i think christianity should revert to the use of the old testament because the new testament have given people soft landing for their sins. Time has come for us to start using::
1. an eye for an eye.
2. kill and be killed
3. curse God and die
4. Commit adultery or fornication and face the music.
extreme time require extreme measures.
sound more of like[b] SHARIA[/b] to me

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by TruthHurts1(m): 11:19am On Mar 06, 2016
Christianity is the Religion of the Logos (the Greek for "word", "reason", "meaning", or "intelligence."

From the beginning, Christianity has understood itself as the religion of the Logos, as the religion according to reason... It has always defined men, all men without distinction, as creatures and images of God, proclaiming for them...the same dignity.

In this connection, the Enlightenment is of Christian origin and it is no accident that it was born precisely and exclusively in the realm of the Christian faith....It was and is the merit of the Enlightenment to have again proposed these original values of Christianity and of having given back to reason its own voice...

Today, this should be precisely [Christianity's] philosophical strength, in so far as the problem is whether the world comes from the irrational, and reason is not other than a 'sub-product,' on occasion even harmful of its development—or whether the world comes from reason, and is, as a consequence, its criterion and goal.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by Silent104: 11:19am On Mar 06, 2016
TruthHurts1:

You mean you're proud of terrorism, poverty, illiteracy and backwardness?

A female professor from the renowned Al-Azhar University in Cairo, Egypt, says that Muslim men are allowed by Allah to rape non-Muslim women in order to “humiliate” them. Professor Suad Saleh made the bold claims while being interviewed on Al-Hayat TV. The professor says that the rape is allowed during times of “legitimate war” between Muslims and their enemies.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2713829/female-islamic-professor-says-allah-allows-muslims-to-rape-non-muslims-in-order-to-humiliate-them-video/
Dat's y i keep callin u folks hypocrites. U blieve virtually everything u hear as long as it's abt Islam, jst 2 suit ur myopic minds. Dat's y d whites had it easy brain washing u all. *it's a pity*
Islam is d true religion of God. Satan has swore 2 mislead ppl in d world, & dat's wat he has done 2 u folks.
Organizations, groups, individuals has 4 long been criticizin Islam, makin it 2 luk bad so u wil keep on wit d wrong way u re.
Jesus is nt god, neither is he a son of god. Jesus is a servant of God.
There's no God but Allah and Muhammad s.a.w is his servant and messenger

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by kareemkamil(m): 11:20am On Mar 06, 2016
Well, the problem of this country lying on, religion, ethnicity & .political destruction. Imagine a pastor, called him self bishop, been romance politicians up and down. If a man of God are hidden under evil spirit, to b operating. we knows a lot things as went rong in this country. We can see how pastors are patronising Aso Rock, which very very bad. They we not tell them truth.
Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by truly: 11:21am On Mar 06, 2016
TruthHurts1:

427:

in Hell-Fire.
And this,

I have to warned Muslims that Christians and Jews can't take away their sins. . We don't have that power. they were lied to.

Preach the gospel and highlight these differences(if it is safe to todo so) when u interact with Muslims. .

Christianity accounts for the largest number of people killed in the name of any religion
Your record in this regard stands eternal!!

You pass by a church, it is always : "die by fire, die by fire!!!"
Children are being murdered all over Nigerian because they are "witches" and we know the Bible says

Thou shall not suffer a witch to live

And who took away the sins of those who died before Jesus came to the World?
You are also being lied to

God is merciful
Yet he could not just tell Abraham - "go, I forgive you"
God had to kill an innocent third party for the sin of Jesus
pure lie!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oang5Lr76fM

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by phanshark(m): 11:22am On Mar 06, 2016
kimond101:
11. Not worshipping God the way the Bible prescribed

Nehemiah 8New International Version (NIV)

1 all the people came together as one in the square before the Water Gate. They told Ezra the teacher of the Law to bring out the Book of the Law of Moses, which the Lord had commanded for Israel.

2 So on the first day of the seventh month Ezra the priest brought the Law before the assembly, which was made up of men and women and all who were able to understand. 3 He read it aloud from daybreak till noon as he faced the square before the Water Gate in the presence of the men, women and others who could understand. And all the people listened attentively to the Book of the Law.

4 Ezra the teacher of the Law stood on a high wooden platform built for the occasion. Beside him on his right stood Mattithiah, Shema, Anaiah, Uriah, Hilkiah and Maaseiah; and on his left were Pedaiah, Mishael, Malkijah, Hashum, Hashbaddanah, Zechariah and Meshullam.

5 Ezra opened the book. All the people could see him because he was standing above them; and as he opened it, the people all stood up. 6 Ezra praised the Lord, the great God; and all the people lifted their hands and responded, “Amen! Amen!” Then they bowed down and worshiped the Lord with their faces to the ground.

7 The Levites—Jeshua, Bani, Sherebiah, Jamin, Akkub, Shabbethai, Hodiah, Maaseiah, Kelita, Azariah, Jozabad, Hanan and Pelaiah—instructed the people in the Law while the people were standing there. 8 They read from the Book of the Law of God, making it clear[a] and giving the meaning so that the people understood what was being read.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every prophets mentioned in the monotheistic religions used this Way of saying thanks or praying to GOD, the postures use is also beneficial when you are at a mediated state of mind (also it improves your respiratory functions which is miraculous) since this question is specific on Jesus, in Islamic context we believe he worshipped GOD in this way, as Muslim believes he was not lord himself as there is one God! However prior to Jesus many prophets before him prayed in this way. Since the modern alternatives being adapted into the Christian faith this way of praying may not have been highly interpreted or used as Islam brought the 5 times prayer system where muhammad constantly used the same posture for his prayers.

However, please see below references to illustrates the same :

These are some of the Prophets whom GOD blessed. They were chosen from among the descendants of Adam, and the descendants of those whom we carried with Noah, and the descendants of Abraham and Israel, and from among those whom we guided and selected. When the revelations of the Most Gracious are recited to them, they fall prostrate, weeping." – Qur’an English Translation [19:58]

"And he (Jesus) went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." - New Testament (Matthew 26:39)

"And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid." - New Testament (Matthew 17:6)

"And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying," - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Genesis 17:3)

"Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Genesis 17:17)

"And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped." - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Exodus 34:cool

“And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell upon their faces: and the glory of the LORD appeared unto them.” - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Numbers 20:6)

"And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, Separate yourselves from among this congregation, that I may consume them in a moment. And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Numbers 16:20-22)

And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the LORD with [their] faces to the ground. - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Nehemiah 8:6)

"And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Joshua 5:14)

"And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Ezekiel 9:cool

"And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD." - Old Testament (Tanakh) (2 Chronicles 20:18)

"And it came to pass, when I prophesied, that Pelatiah the son of Benaiah died. Then fell I down upon my face, and cried with a loud voice, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou make a full end of the remnant of Israel?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Ezekiel 11:13)
. They don't worship god the way they should,but god still speak 2 them & answers there prayers,protect them 4rm those that claim 2 know god. they are at peace with everybody but not with those that claim 2 know god, cause those that say they know god don't show that they know god, cause they claim 2 know god, but by there fruit they(Christian's)know that those people don't know god as they claim. You have your own & i have my own, (lakumdi lakumdi wali iddini) pls run ur race i run my race.LET NO MAN TROUBLE ME 4 I BEAR THE MARK OF CHRIST. hv a peace full day ahead & God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by misreal(m): 11:23am On Mar 06, 2016
Kutunban:
I wish to recommend a section with strict terms and conditions for members of the Christian faith share ideas and comment so that other religion members will not post mockery comments about Christianity. It should be strick for Christians just like the Muslim section.

Like if you agree
Share if you don't agree
i agree with you,but i still dont understand why it has not been created yet.such threads that bashes only helps to strengthen my faith because i av encountered the God of the bible.what abt baby xtians,it will only dampen their faith..oga seun do something oh,if you can give sexuaity a place on nairaland,it is high time u gave xtians a place on this forum.
Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 06, 2016
herald9:

Please what's the title of this song?
Holy Ghost - A$AP ROCKY

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 06, 2016
well written.
Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by firstking01(m): 11:26am On Mar 06, 2016
SUPERPACK:
i think christianity should revert to the use of the old testament because the new testament have given people soft landing for their sins. Time has come for us to start using::
1. an eye for an eye.
2. kill and be killed
3. curse God and die
in the old testament, there was nothing like grace, it was sin and be stoned to death but jesus came and introduced grace, but unfortunately some christians are taking it for granted...if we were to live by the law of a tooth for a tooth and an eye for an eye, i bet you woulda died long a go, so, God knows what He was doing...
Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by kimond101: 11:26am On Mar 06, 2016
phanshark:
. They don't worship god the way they should,but god still speak 2 them & answers there prayers,protect them 4rm those that claim 2 know god. they are at peace with everybody but not with those that claim 2 know god, cause those that say they know god don't show that they know god, cause they claim 2 know god, but by there fruit they(Christian's)know that those people don't know god as they claim. You have your own & i have my own, (lakumdi lakumdi wali iddini) pls run ur race i run my race.LET NO MAN TROUBLE ME 4 I BEAR THE MARK OF CHRIST. hv a peace full day ahead & God bless you.

No one is fighting with you sir.
To you is your religion and to me is mine.
Do have a blessed day aswell. God bless you abundantly.
Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by BodyKiss(m): 11:26am On Mar 06, 2016
SUPERPACK:
1. an eye for an eye.
2. kill and be killed
3. curse God and die

Just tell us you're a terrorist.
Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by phanshark(m): 11:28am On Mar 06, 2016
TruthHurts1:

764)
4390)
Need I say more
violence.
years. (Ibn Ishaq )
1440)
tribute.

and finally,

Lets take a look;

427:

in Hell-Fire.
And this,

pls brother i will like 2 know you & tap 4rm your vast knowledge pls
Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by Dinobi77: 11:28am On Mar 06, 2016
Mind u op, no one can kill Christianity. The one that worries me most is "my church is better than others", truly, this brings division in Christianity. We all should know that the body of Christ(Christianity) isnt divided but one. The apostles of old all worked together for the growth of the churches the. Peter who was head of the church never claimed to be above other, neither did Paul who worked n preached more than other apostles bragged about it, but all to the unification of the church. But what do we ve today? divison, hatred towards one another.
Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by Silent104: 11:29am On Mar 06, 2016
TruthHurts1:

764)
4390)
Need I say more
violence.
years. (Ibn Ishaq )
1440)
tribute.

and finally,

Lets take a look;

427:

in Hell-Fire.
And this,

Dat's y it's very hard 4 u 2 knw d truth, ur mind & thoughts re far away 4rm it. U hv been mislead. U keep seeing Islam as a threat, bt dat's nt wat it is.
ISLAM, THE TRUE RELIGION OF GOD

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by gabriplane(m): 11:29am On Mar 06, 2016
GloryIsaac:
Op, thats the clear truth.. esp. no 10, thats why islam is the fastest growing religion, there is no denomination amongst them....

And also ignorance is a major player in this, people are making the wrong decisions b'cos of it.
Islam is the fastest growing religion because they have higher birthrate compared to Christians....so the reason u mentioned is not associated with their growing population

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by mary36(f): 11:35am On Mar 06, 2016
The bible says is not all that called in my name that will entend into the kingdom of God but for those who are heart broken to them I will receive, christianity is a religion one thing everyone need to ask is are all that gose to church are born again have they receive christ. As they lord and personal saviour thatss the question we should be asking, let not the doings of the unbeleiever drive u away from the way of God and please no one should hold that as an excuse because God is not a respecter of any person if God wants to cast his wrath upon any man that disobeyed Him He will without seeking permission from anyone
Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by TruthHurts1(m): 11:35am On Mar 06, 2016
truly:

Who took away the sins of those who died before Jesus came to the World?

God is merciful
pure lie!!!

The truth is that the day I decide to set low standards for myself is the day I become a muslim. Being a muslim is absurdly easy. You can gratify your lust by marrying 4 wives and keeping concubines. You are even allowed to have intimacy slaves.

A Christian however can only have one wife and even looking at another woman with lust is considered adultery.

Matthew 5:28

But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Islam promotes vindictiveness and victim mentality (us against everyone else). It advocates the killing of one's enemies.

The Bible on the other hand asks us to love our enemies:

Matt 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them that persecute you.

Which religion has set higher standards? Judge for yourself.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by phanshark(m): 11:35am On Mar 06, 2016
truly:

Christianity accounts for the largest number of people killed in the name of any religion
Your record in this regard stands eternal!!

You pass by a church, it is always : "die by fire, die by fire!!!"
Children are being murdered all over Nigerian because they are "witches" and we know the Bible says

Thou shall not suffer a witch to live

And who took away the sins of those who died before Jesus came to the World?

God is merciful
pure lie!!!

on yourown (oyo) that is a mystery that god have heding 4 aegis that christ in us the hope of glory. god bless you
Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by onetrack(m): 11:39am On Mar 06, 2016
Is it any surprise that we see more and more atheists and non-religious types?

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know by TruthHurts1(m): 11:39am On Mar 06, 2016
Silent104:

Dat's y it's very hard 4 u 2 knw d truth, ur mind & thoughts re far away 4rm it. U hv been mislead. U keep seeing Islam as a threat, bt dat's nt wat it is.
ISLAM, THE TRUE RELIGION OF GOD

If you like you can follow MuhamMAD and his 9 wives and sex slaves. I have chosen Jesus and HE gives me peace, joy and tranquility. That is more than enough for me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Masquerade Uses Statue Of Jesus Christ For His Performance. See Reactions / When You Try To Take A Selfie In Church (Photo) / South African Pastor 'Heals' Woman's 'Vagina Pimples' With His Shoe (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.