Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,002 members, 7,835,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! (55360 Views)

You Cannot Be Dating A Lady And Not Be Willing To Support Her - Allison Hyacinth / My Fiancee Is Not Trustworthy, She Had Sex With Her Ex Boyfriend / Bride Shaves Her Head At Her Wedding To Support Her Terminally Ill Groom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by chas22: 9:58am On Mar 07, 2016
My bro, pls u don't really need to talk to her now, just cm up with an emergency, u know she is up financially. Then the choice is urs, but remember life is full of challenges, u will need her little token one day
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by DeRay98(m): 10:00am On Mar 07, 2016
My Dear Op, ladies no dey change until she no fit find husband again, run for your future peace and prosperity sake, run run run. You do not have the power to change anybody. Leopards don't change their skin. that her mindset is deeply rooted and she go show you shege if you put her for house. that conversation you all had was God arranged to expose her to you. Tomorrow when you go dey cry about her attitude, she go tell you shebi you say na so she be before you marry her.
This attitude is very common in nowadays girls, many of them get hard-rock hearts. While you are still fresh from service, "plenty fish dey river"
RUN! RUN!! RUN!!!

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by micca: 10:00am On Mar 07, 2016
4get that she just said that 2 poll ur leg
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Zelex9(m): 10:01am On Mar 07, 2016
Ruuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by shoboy9: 10:03am On Mar 07, 2016
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CHANGE HER. only God can change. If he says go ahead then continue the relationship otherwise do not bind yourself to a woman you can't live with and expect God to get you out of it. No! .
but whether you leave or stay let her know how selfish and unchristian she is. so her blood is not on your head. but also bear in mind that most ladies are like this. Many will miss heaven because of materialistic attitudes. you can share proverbs 31 with her. All the best.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by nefertitiram: 10:10am On Mar 07, 2016
She don talk her own. Better match up or run.

Cos u can never change a human being, esp a full grown adult

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by slysteel: 10:11am On Mar 07, 2016
You are wasting your time, she wont change, some of us have been down that road before, you will grow to hate her if you marry her, trust me, you will remember I said this today

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 07, 2016
DonCortino:
Its not late for you yet, God has just used her friend to expose the type of wife she will be. Read the handwriting on the wall!
@ OP: deyemia, read the writing on the wall son, READ THE WRITING ON THE WALL!
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by kennyloon: 10:12am On Mar 07, 2016
just drop her lyk a SHIT because a Virtue woman is a supportive wife...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by meshack15: 10:13am On Mar 07, 2016
And if after this she is still standing on her stupid idealogy,dump her, if you continue with her and marry her,she will show you pepper and tells you she has made her mind known to you when you were both dating.

2sexycom:
Bro, I would have said dump her but having grown wiser, it is not the best to end a relationship on the basis of one's imperfection, hence the need to mould someone into a better being. That is the reason for our co-existence as humans, leaving them better than you met them.

There is no complete package anywhere.

You need to sit her down and talk to her at length. Let her know where you stand and what you feel about her words. She may not likely change but your conscience would be clear that you tried.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Mom007(f): 10:13am On Mar 07, 2016
Aww. Bro, on her behalf pls no vex. Na small pikin dey do her. Those are just childish talks. No woman who loves her husband and kids will have money somewhere and her family is in need and she says she won't help. In fact she will go and borrow. Life and marriage will teach her that. Had you said she was a mature lady who should know better and is still talking like this, I would have said run.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Cutehector(m): 10:16am On Mar 07, 2016
Deyemia, ur village witches will succeed if after you have finished reading all these comments and still go ahead in marrying her!

The ball is nw in your court.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Joy1706(f): 10:17am On Mar 07, 2016
Sheybi you guys like carrying 'head of house' on your head like a karaoke. Carry the household responsibilities 100 percent without complaining na. Abi head of house na 4 mouth. She's a very submissive woman sha. OP don't let go of her. She will submit and let you lead her esp. In all financial matters. She will stroke ur ego by making u feel like the man, by letting u handle all the responsibilities 100 percent. You should be happy o.
Ok. I dey find trouble but na true o

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by halfricanadian(f): 10:18am On Mar 07, 2016
ourchoice:
‎@deyemia read and read carefully:

The number 1 mistake many guys make with ladies is this: out of fear not to lose a lady they feel is heaven and earth to them, they don't tell the lady their own value....principle, dos and don'ts...they swallow their words so as not to make the lady angry.

This is what desperate guys do! Guys who feel their destiny is tied to one lady!

Guys who feel without a particular lady, their life will quench!

Guys who feel if they don't get a particular lady, that means they won't find another beautiful, good lady again.

Such guys are losers!

It is high time guys stop being desperate about women! Tell any lady u are dating and plan to marry what u want and don't want and if she's not okay with it, let her go!

Guys who accept everything a lady tells them are losers and ladies don't find such guys attractive!

Don't beg any lady to stay with you; that's very wrong and abnormal!

Shine like a star in your finances....put in your best to succeed financially and don't make women your priority in life.

Love is a fallacy created by manipulative people just to manipulate people they want to cage!

There is nothing like true love!

No man can love a woman the same way the woman loves her!

No woman can love a man the same way the man loves her!

What people call love is always skewed and unbalanced; either one partner is giving more than the other to hold the so-called love, which makes it a fallacy.

Marriage is not just about love, but a contract of agreement of mutual understanding between two people who agree to help each other become better and achieve their individual goals, vision and dreams.

If the only thing a woman u want to marry plans to contribute in your life and marriage contract with her is sex and the result of sex- children, then you don't need marriage but babymama or contract mother.

Flee while there's still time for you....don't ever marry a girl because u feel her family is rich (cos I hear u mention that her mum is rich) because u will regret marrying such a girl! 

A girl's family wealth if not big enough to give u political contracts and connections worth millions‎ is a waste....they will only milk you dry and leave u regretting marrying their daughter!
Its ur type dat sees a woman as a domestic object

No onr is dragging ego with u

With d way u are bhaving trust me u will marry a wring lady who will pretend and den spill her sef after marriage to walk for ur wealth

A responsible lady cant b with a man like u only a gold digger and a prostitute who knos wat she is after

So a man dar shows love to a woman is a loser

Remember d woman who was stoned cos she committed adultery is JESUS a loser to av showned her love wen others never did?

A man like u is wat d bible calls A FOOL
YOU CAN NEVER ATTRACT A GOOD WOMAN

You say dont show a woman love yet u want her to share d rest of her life with u

No woman will beg a man THAT TREATS HER LIKE TRASH SHE DOESNT EVEN WANT SUCH A MAN TO BEG HER A BETTER RICHER MAN TO TREAT HER BETTER IS OUT THERE JUST THE WAY SHE IS NOT THE ONLY EXISTING GOOD GIRL SO ARE YOU NOT THE ONLY EXISTING RICH GOOD GUY OUT THERE DUDE WAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND

NO COME HERE THEY INTIMIDATE LADIES RUBBISH GOOD NONSENSE!!!!!!!
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Koinzino(m): 10:18am On Mar 07, 2016
it would be irrational for u to dump her tho.. but if u cannot change her mind set, this is wat u Will do... invite her to yr place, make her feel loved, bang the hell out of her, dump her sorry ass and go ahead with her friend... that girl no get sense

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by sniper77(m): 10:20am On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:
The Person I Intend To Marry Just Told Me This!!!

Dear Nairalanders,

I've come again to hear your views about this issue.... especially married "Egbons"

So it all started like this, My new fiancee and I just finished a sunday service and I was about going to drop her at home when one of her single friends asked if she could join us which we agreed.

On our way they started talking all wife stuffs sharing their views on a marriage and shii, then one thing led to a financial topic where my fiancee started saying she can never support a husband financially, that a man should be a man and take all responsibilities of every penny to be spent, that the reason she's working is to be able to afford all the things she wants that all the responsibilities of the household is for the husband shocked. I acted cool at first.

Her friend was even saying that she doesnt like to be a liability that at least it should not be the man's responsibility 100% that the wife should be able to support financially, My fiancee outrightly disagreed with her saying support doesnt have to be financial from the wife, that it could be through prayers.

I couldnt keep mute anymore I had to ask her "what does it mean when people say supportive wife? " she replied she doesn't know, that she's sure it doesnt have to be financial.

At some point when the friend had already alighted, I asked what if the man is building a house and needs immediate support for just window frames, she said never!

She even said if she has money in the bank and their is no food at home, we will all drink Garri.

Now here are the facts,
-We got introduced through match making,
-there are some good things about her that is worth consideration.
-I dont think she has dated before because she obviously has no experience whats so ever when it comes to relationship behaviours. she's "efikko" kind of.
-This her ideology seems deep rooted in her upbringing and family., her mum is rich.

My Challenge is,
Should I stick around and try to change that ideology or just move on because I am sure it's a destructive ideology.

You have to continue your search for a wife. The life partner that you need is not within your reach yet.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by ugotuf(m): 10:22am On Mar 07, 2016
@OP, only the Holy Spirit can change men. That kind of mindset is a NO NO for every man, no matter how infatuated they may be. You better advice yourself now because a broken courtship is better than a broken marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Smartguy001(m): 10:23am On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:

Dear Nairalanders,

I've come again to hear your views about this issue.... especially married "Egbons"

So it all started like this, My new fiancee and I just finished a sunday service and I was about going to drop her at home when one of her single friends asked if she could join us which we agreed.

On our way they started talking all wife stuffs sharing their views on a marriage and shii, then one thing led to a financial topic where my fiancee started saying she can never support a husband financially, that a man should be a man and take all responsibilities of every penny to be spent, that the reason she's working is to be able to afford all the things she wants that all the responsibilities of the household is for the husband shocked. I acted cool at first.

Her friend was even saying that she doesnt like to be a liability that at least it should not be the man's responsibility 100% that the wife should be able to support financially, My fiancee outrightly disagreed with her saying support doesnt have to be financial from the wife, that it could be through prayers.

I couldnt keep mute anymore I had to ask her "what does it mean when people say supportive wife? " she replied she doesn't know, that she's sure it doesnt have to be financial.

At some point when the friend had already alighted, I asked what if the man is building a house and needs immediate support for just window frames, she said never!

She even said if she has money in the bank and their is no food at home, we will all drink Garri.

Now here are the facts,
-I dont think she has dated before because she obviously has no experience whats so ever when it comes to relationship behaviours. she's "efikko" kind of.
-This her ideology seems deep rooted in her upbringing and family., her mum is rich.

My Challenge is,
Should I stick around and try to change that ideology or just move on because I am sure it's a destructive ideology.

Bros make I jst tell u d truth dat girl na d beginning of ur downfall if u jst marry her...imagine !!! she even has oda hidden behavior u r yet to find out self

shocked

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by deyemia: 10:25am On Mar 07, 2016
Koinzino:
it would be irrational for u to dump her tho.. but if u cannot change her mind set, this is wat u Will do... invite her to yr place, make her feel loved, bang the hell out of her, dump her sorry ass and go ahead with her friend... that girl no get sense

I don't think I want to do this at this
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by emerged01(m): 10:27am On Mar 07, 2016
She needs to go through counselling. Her orientation about marriage in terms of financial assistance need to change.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by capitolarena(m): 10:30am On Mar 07, 2016
Choi. ..madam you too sabi book
Estharfabian:
grin
Not Only is Her mentality Archaic, It's Outrightly Irrational, Pathetic and dumb.

LoL!grin

So! The Only thing she'd bring to the table is her Pûssy? Baby Making machine?
I wouldn't Call her A Wife. I'd call her A Parasitic Being.
Coz Last time I checked, the holy book stated as thus:

"God assigned the married woman the responsibility of being a helpmate to her husband ( Genesis 2:18 , 20)." Not just some fûck mate, baggage or a baby producing machine.

...Trust me, You don't want such woman in your house!
Coz money for maggi, salt, tissue paper, pad, matchboxes would be on You.

Well, except she changes that fûcked up mentality she's got. tongue
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by AbarisFather(m): 10:34am On Mar 07, 2016
A Guy who was jobless got married 2 a banker,despite his fears and several advices that it's not good to marry without a job. Every month the girl would give the guy her full salary of N135k after removing her tithe. The guy would give the wife N20k 4 personal upkeep
and the guy determined what happened to the remaining money. This happened for 3 Good years. There was happiness in d family and d wife never refused to do her primary home duties for that 3 years,
despite wrong advice from friends that 'you can't be paying the bills and still be doing all the wok'.There was a particular month d guy used about N70,000 2travel frm state to state for different interviews. He finally got a job with a good firm in
Port-Harcourt. His salary was N800,000
monthly 4 a start. He bought his first car (a brand new) for N4.5m, he gave d wife the car key,& continued to take public transport to work for about 2yrs.
Then he bought the 2nd car for N6million, took d key of d first car & gave his wife the keys of the 2nd car. They eventually moved into their own house after few yrs.
One day, d wife was looking 4some documents. She stumbled on a file neatly hidden, when she opened it, she saw her wedding picture when she was very slim in d first page of the file. She then saw dat d document 2 the purchase of the land and every other thing in the
house were all written in her name! At d last page was the husband's wedding picture and a note written by him:
''MY WIFE IS ALL I HAVE GOT. NOT EVEN THIS HOUSE WORTH N24M AT THE TIME I BUILT IS MINE''. Tears started to roll down her eyes. This couple got married in
True LOVE still exists till this day. Are you sure the Love you have for ur partner can be compared to this one you just read?
No matter what, remember u chose each other. It doesn't matter who puts food on d table or who pays d bills. Always know that, NO CONDITION IS PERMANENT.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 07, 2016
So, what happens when you are going through a rough patch and cannot pay for your children school fees? She would not pay? What happens if you have a little issue in your business where your cash flow has temporarily stopped... she would not help you out?

What is the point in getting married to her then?

deyemia:

Dear Nairalanders,

Now here are the facts,

My Challenge is,

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by deyemia: 10:37am On Mar 07, 2016
AbarisFather:
A Guy who was jobless got married 2 a banker,despite his fears and several advices that it's not good to marry without a job. Every month the girl would give the guy her full salary of N135k after removing her tithe. The guy would give the wife N20k 4 personal upkeep
and the guy determined what happened to the remaining money. This happened for 3 Good years. There was happiness in d family and d wife never refused to do her primary home duties for that 3 years,
despite wrong advice from friends that 'you can't be paying the bills and still be doing all the wok'.There was a particular month d guy used about N70,000 2travel frm state to state for different interviews. He finally got a job with a good firm in
Port-Harcourt. His salary was N800,000
monthly 4 a start. He bought his first car (a brand new) for N4.5m, he gave d wife the car key,& continued to take public transport to work for about 2yrs.
Then he bought the 2nd car for N6million, took d key of d first car & gave his wife the keys of the 2nd car. They eventually moved into their own house after few yrs.
One day, d wife was looking 4some documents. She stumbled on a file neatly hidden, when she opened it, she saw her wedding picture when she was very slim in d first page of the file. She then saw dat d document 2 the purchase of the land and every other thing in the
house were all written in her name! At d last page was the husband's wedding picture and a note written by him:
''MY WIFE IS ALL I HAVE GOT. NOT EVEN THIS HOUSE WORTH N24M AT THE TIME I BUILT IS MINE''. Tears started to roll down her eyes. This couple got married in
True LOVE still exists till this day. Are you sure the Love you have for ur partner can be compared to this one you just read?
No matter what, remember u chose each other. It doesn't matter who puts food on d table or who pays d bills. Always know that, NO CONDITION IS PERMANENT.

WHAT A LOVELY THING TO HAPPEN TO ANYONE!!!
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Heineken(m): 10:44am On Mar 07, 2016
Estharfabian:
grin
Not Only is Her mentality Archaic, It's Outrightly Irrational, Pathetic and dumb.

LoL!grin

So! The Only thing she'd bring to the table is her Pûssy? Baby Making machine?
I wouldn't Call her A Wife. I'd call her A Parasitic Being.
Coz Last time I checked, the holy book stated as thus:

"God assigned the married woman the responsibility of being a helpmate to her husband ( Genesis 2:18 , 20)." Not just some fûck mate, baggage or a baby producing machine.

...Trust me, You don't want such woman in your house!
Coz money for maggi, salt, tissue paper, pad, matchboxes would be on You.

Well, except she changes that fûcked up mentality she's got. tongue
Chai girls like that can make the man commit suicide mbok.. Gt one girl like that during my Nysc period.. God... This girl can demand ehn... Even as she bin dey work o.. Babe please give me money for pad today, tomorrow na hair... Them no tell me before I run.. Them no dey tell blind man say rain dey fall na. She called me recently sef telling me how far say make I marry her.. I told her it's a taboo to marry early in my family.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by UmecheMoses(m): 10:47am On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:
[b]The

My Challenge is,

Bros run for your life....thank me later...... Is she heebooo?

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Saintgeo: 10:49am On Mar 07, 2016
BRO one of your legs is in the river checking the depth please don't take in the other one

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Emasel(m): 10:49am On Mar 07, 2016
Timely revelation bro, the choice is yours.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Jhayeahsam01(m): 10:50am On Mar 07, 2016
chaiii in this era of apc when all things don cost... even locust beans seller they claimed dollar rise affect emm goods

broo take her to bro tb joshua for separation prayer..

if you eventually marry her

heaven and hell you nogo see either enter cox you done experience greater hell from wife
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by ioi74(m): 10:56am On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:

Dear Nairalanders,

Now here are the facts,

My Challenge is,

brother please let her go.. she already has a mind set and it's dangerous.. I know that if a wife can't support her husband financially then it's a disaster.. my friend is in a similar situation where the wife with holds money.. it might be difficult for you to let go of her but brother marriage isn't dating, it's a long term commitment.. trust me, I have been married for over 10years ..

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by OfficialIYANU(m): 10:57am On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:

Dear Nairalanders,

Now here are the facts,

My Challenge is,

May be a hard-to-change Ideology but bro if you cannot (or she cannot) willingly change, be careful. They do not teach how to love!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 07, 2016
If you need her to support you, you are no head at all.

I am not against the woman spending but once she starts to spend, u av become equals in the marriage.

share payment, share house chores, share everything.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Heartbroken Nigerian Soldier Laments As His Girlfriend Secretly Marries / My Wedding Pictures! / Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.