Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,921 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction (21127 Views)

Nigerians React To President Buhari's Return In Funny Tweets / Soyinka And Femi Falana Reacts To Ese's Abduction. Read What They Said / Alleged Cadet Assault: Where Is Keyamo And Falana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 08, 2016
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by nbright: 9:46am On Mar 08, 2016
Two idiot men
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 08, 2016
HughWilliams:

Stop spreading lies and misinformation.. Aisha was over 18yrs when got married to Buhari

lie to justify bubu.. its APC legacy...

check dz wiki page and do the math

it says 18Yrs... which is still a lie..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aisha_Buhari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by larrytorch(m): 9:46am On Mar 08, 2016
Yunusa must be punished !
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by ThatNova(m): 9:47am On Mar 08, 2016
blind group
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by Fkforyou(m): 9:47am On Mar 08, 2016
Prof is making more sense than bruce....
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 08, 2016
Agubushmenyo:
People will jump Into this thread and post all sorts of silly things now!! But before then, let me point out instances and leave the rest for Observations!

1) Ebonyi pastor Rapes 13yrs old girl
2) Rev King burns church member
3) Lagos pastor defiles 14yrs old girl
4) Pastor sleeps with 3 girls from the same family

Now before you Include Buhari and Castigate APC and Insult muslims, let me quote Jesus Christ from another dimension....

"The Religion that is perfect, let them be the first to cast a stone"

In every religion, we have Idiots!!

But avoid the Fallacy of generalization

God Bless the President!!

lol.. dont misquote Jesus please....

and Christianity is not a religion....

its a relationship with Christ....

9 Likes

Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by freecocoa(f): 9:49am On Mar 08, 2016
Please help me tell them o.

Religion has done more harm than good.
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by ZombieNation: 9:49am On Mar 08, 2016
What Soyinka fails to see or state is that Islam isn't a religion but a pseudo political cult which has taken a depraved and dubious doctrine and made it divine.

You can't take out the core tenants of Islamic Sharia law from a Muslim. This is why every muslim in the national assembly will rally behind any bill that promotes the adoption of sharia law and islamic culture into our constitution.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by freecocoa(f): 9:49am On Mar 08, 2016
sexyexcalibur:

lol.. dont misquote Jesus please....

and Christianity is not a religion....

its a relationship with Christ....

The confusion, smh.
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 08, 2016

is it possible to be Righteous and Unrighteous at the same time? Religion believes so. Followers justify their inadequacies in sound judgment by quoting God. "If God and his prophets are okay with it; so am I."

(Black) Africa has suffered the most from the glaring, insufferable demerits of Religion. worshiping God has its disadvantages as much as we like to make so much noise about the good parts. We must learn to recognize that our very nature is an off-shoot of our creator. we make claim he exists as a divinity above human understanding - yet he continues to demonstrate the same inadequacies we exhibit year-in year-out.

(Black) Africans are infinitely wicked and their capacity for good is founded on selfish conditions. We are patent Hypocrites (the fair majority)

1 Like

Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by successbuchi32(m): 9:50am On Mar 08, 2016
IykeChukz:
Hello, to them that are aiding and abetting zombies practicing a demonic religion, read the paraphrased below....

"Soyinka disagreed with a professor of Islamic Eschatology and Director of Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC), Ishaq Akintola, who claimed that Islam has no age barrier in marriage."

Now when they say ONE GOD, I doubt....
I am with you!
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by nijabazaar: 9:50am On Mar 08, 2016
I think that it is now imperative for the Islamic council to meet together and change the now archaic doctrines of the Koran.....remember their was a time when d catholic church burn witches and heretics, such was custom then way back in d dark ages...but over d years the churches dogma was amended to adapt to the modern age......Islam needs to modify it self for this century.....least it dies off.

because the prophet (may peace be unto him) married a 12 year old ( this was really paedophilia) does not mean that desert practice should be prevalent at this age.

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by kumakunta: 9:52am On Mar 08, 2016
Noooo,let them keep displaying their arrogance,sillyness and double standard.
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by chernest2002: 9:52am On Mar 08, 2016
The law of sharia is above Nigeria constitution, one Nigeria for northerners only.
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by GuyfawkesAB(m): 9:52am On Mar 08, 2016
Ishaq Akintola is just an over-zealous bigot who always want to compel everyone to see things his way. We remember his time @ Unilorin. It's saddening that he could come out to justify the actions of Yunusa in the name of religion. Can he give out his own 12 year old daughter in marriage?

Religiously blinded Sycophants and Bigots

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by idee91: 9:52am On Mar 08, 2016
sexyexcalibur:

u must b stupid , trying to justify child marriage ... gosh...
I'm not justifying shi.t, give me a concrete proof that she was married out as a child. You don't need to call me stup.id please

1 Like

Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by AnanseK(m): 9:55am On Mar 08, 2016
neolboy:
God help our society from Islam

I the lagos case of children abduction , all the abductors were Christian including one Pastor. Yunusa who eloped with Ese is not an imam but all blame his religion for the crime. Can we now safely say that Christianity is the cause of the girls abduction? The religion was fully represented by a supervising Pastor. It was in fact a religious conspiracy that's why only a Muslim police officer could mobilize and lead a successful rescue team. You should ask God to help you against your corrupt religion.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 08, 2016
Unfortunately a seed of Islam has been sown inside poor Ese. And this seed will germinate and grow in Bayelsa.
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by IJOBA2: 9:55am On Mar 08, 2016
IS ISHAQ AKINTOLA REALLY A UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by Gaskia: 9:55am On Mar 08, 2016
idee91:
What yinusa did was wrong and criminal. But when you make the issue sound like its the custom of muslims, then uv got it all wrong. Elephantic bigots everywhere on nairaland

My brother I feel your concern about the generalization but I feel that though the child-sex-abuse saga is not a doctrinal Islamic tenet, over 90% of the culprits have been found to be Muslims and as such it is easy to belief that the Islamic community encourage this heinous practice, may be against the Prophets actual teachings.
People are reacting to what the see or hear the Islams do and not what they should do.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by kumakunta: 9:56am On Mar 08, 2016
nijabazaar:
I think that it is now imperative for the Islamic council to meet together and change the now archaic doctrines of the Koran.....remember their was a time when d catholic church burn witches and heretics, such was custom then way back in d dark ages...but over d years the churches dogma was amended to adapt to the modern age......Islam needs to modify it self for this century.....least it dies off.

because the prophet (may peace be unto him) married a 12 year old ( this was really paedophilia) does not mean that desert practice should be prevalent at this age.
Did I hear you say Islam 'dies off'? Whatever it is you drinking you better stop it. How old was Mary when she was betrothed to Joseph and how old was she when she gave birth to Jesus?

NB; the Quran is not an ordinary text,it cants be amended.
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by Sanchez01: 9:58am On Mar 08, 2016
Agubushmenyo:
People will jump Into this thread and post all sorts of silly things now!! But before then, let me point out instances and leave the rest for Observations!

Now before you Include Buhari and Castigate APC and Insult muslims, let me quote Jesus Christ from another dimension....

Interesting. The instances you cited now, tell me, is the Christian community celebrating them or otherwise? Are they presently walking freely among us? Yerima claimed his action is encouraged by his religion. Did any of the above believe or say the same? You know there is a problem when a handful of people with common practice tow the same line. This is no Islamophobia but a revelation of the sickening practice of abduction and forceful conversion of minors. And to think that Islamic clergymen ensure these girls go through the process of conversion by making them recite whatever is enough to say a lot is wrong with the Islamic belief. Let's not even go far, it happens here on Nairaland. A forceful tag of "I believe prophet" whoever shows up on people's profile once you comment on Islamic threads. Perhaps it is a way of saying Islam as a religion is feeble. You don't force people to believe what you believe and you don't force people to worship what you worship. A lot is wrong with Islam as a religion. Just so you know, Christianity is not a religion; it's a way of life. Study Christ and act like Him. That is what it means. I love Muslims but hate the approach of Islam towards several subject matters.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by Kutunban: 10:01am On Mar 08, 2016
I totally agree with Prof. Soyinka assertion about punishing those engaged in child marriage (Abuse).
I totally agree with him that constitution is superior to any religious faith in Nigeria.

#ProtectOurGirlChild

1 Like

Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by kumakunta: 10:02am On Mar 08, 2016
idee91:

And she is doing fine in life..... Oooops, i almost 4got she's even ur 1st lady
She's just being silly.. I bet you she's not even a virgin and with higher probability of been disvirgined before the age of 16.
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by flokii: 10:04am On Mar 08, 2016
buh Criminality & Religion have always been padis in Nigeria na..

or how do you explain CAN president involved in arms purchase?

notable and respected church pastors/overseers collecting billions (7 or so) from a fisherman to persuade church members to vote

sote one come out talk say d defeat of one party is Light prevailing over darkness... SHAMELESS lots

and d list goes on and on...

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by kumakunta: 10:04am On Mar 08, 2016
neolboy:
God help our society from Islam
God help our babies from pastors (Christian Leaders).

1 Like

Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by StOla: 10:04am On Mar 08, 2016
sexyexcalibur:

lie to justify bubu.. its APC legacy...

check dz wiki page and do the math

it says 18Yrs... which is still a lie..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aisha_Buhari

So the only truth is your own lie that helps your false argument?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by nijabazaar: 10:04am On Mar 08, 2016
everydayperson:
When some sections of Society consider God/Allah (or whatever alias he goes by) a depraved bastard with egotistic maniacal tendencies well documented over the centuries - you will find 10 times the number of people rushing out red-eyed and angry; fully in support of this sort of behavior.

is it possible to be Righteous and Unrighteous at the same time? Religion believes so. Followers justify their inadequacies in sound judgment by quoting God. "If God and his prophets are okay with it; so am I."

(Black) Africa has suffered the most from the glaring, insufferable demerits of Religion. worshiping God has its disadvantages as much as we like to make so much noise about the good parts. We must learn to recognize that our very nature is an off-shoot of our creator. we make claim he exists as a divinity above human understanding - yet he continues to demonstrate the same inadequacies we exhibit year-in year-out.

(Black) Africans are infinitely wicked and their capacity for good is founded on selfish conditions. We are patent Hypocrites (the fair majority)

I abhors religiosity my self but u would quite agree that somehow it helps to meld society together. its like an experiment that man together with civil rule, throws at himself...

religion fosters civilization including agriculture.....in times of great peril, peeps seek closure in religion...it gives man the fortitude to trudge on regardless of what nature throws at him..

in their bid to capture the gods mating season and the position of celestial bodies, the Mayans build temples and developed a calendar.

in their bid to conserve nature , certain African societies cordons off certain fauna and flora from everyday use...

in d same bid to conserve they eat their elderly dead to preserve land space and retain the spirit energy of the deceased back into the society...

contrary to our arguments against religion, it actually fosters science
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by kumakunta: 10:05am On Mar 08, 2016
Agubushmenyo:

Even mary wasn't upto 16 when she gave birth to Jesus.
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by kumakunta: 10:06am On Mar 08, 2016
sexyexcalibur:

u must b stupid , trying to justify child marriage ... gosh...
Are you a virgin? Are you married?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Impounded Ballot Papers Are Not Real and Not Thumbprinted Says Kano State Police / President Buhari Meets Security Chiefs In Abuja / Jonathan Visits Emir Of Ilorin During PDP Campaign Rally In Kwara State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.