Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,364 members, 7,815,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction (21126 Views)

Nigerians React To President Buhari's Return In Funny Tweets / Soyinka And Femi Falana Reacts To Ese's Abduction. Read What They Said / Alleged Cadet Assault: Where Is Keyamo And Falana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by erusen: 1:00pm On Mar 08, 2016
kumakunta:

Pls what prophesy did they make about Jesus?
And whose sin did Jesus died for? Pls don't generalize. He died for you christians, Fine.

Or who died for the sins of those that repented before the coming of christ?
they prophesyed a messiah,check the old testament or the Torah note they were written thousand of years before the Quran was even imagined and make sure your check its fulfillment in the new testament as,question number two:first the people who lived before Christ are liken to people who have never heard the gospel in their lives,they will be judge based on their conscience,they are not imputed sin under the law,pre-christ Jews who followed the law are also judged under the law see Romans 2:14-16,from moses to isaiah they all prophesy a new gospel a new convernant,why the mosaic laws tell you the does and doesn't you can't actually obey the law fully because you are imperfect so why the hipocracy.next let introduce you the gospel of grace (the new convanant )which teaches that the religious laws can't save you because you are imperfect.be honest to yourseft are truly faithful to the dos and donts in your holy text,kindly Google search the the gospel and and read up the first site you see (www.amwi.net)that is the gospel of grace

1 Like

Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by kumakunta: 1:00pm On Mar 08, 2016
egobetatoday:

The southern muslims are quickly seperated from the northerners. Do you know why? Because they are not as hostile as the northerners towards christians. e.g religious riots. You may want argue for them but thats the truth. i was severally stoned in kano as a corper for being a christian with parents of the children looking and laughing. what impression do you think i will have of islam?
Do you know that the northerners where happy when Boko haram started bombing churches until they started bombing mosques too? dont know if you are a northerner but thats what we know and it didnt help islam's image. what about this issue of Ese and yunusa. Read thru all the threads, you will be surprised at comments like 'there is nothing wrong in what yunusa did'; 'thank God Ese has been taking from buruku drinking men'. what impression do you think people will have of islam with such comments? only few people condemned the act.
We say end times when pastors/christians do evil because Jesus already FOREWARNED US that in the END TIMES people will be lovers of them selves and listed other evils they will do in end time. we are not supporting the evil rather reminding ourselves of what has been said. i will personally have questioned my faith in the bible if some Christian/pastors dont do the evils they do because it means Jesus prophesized something that never happened. i hope you understand what i mean.
You said the Muric where against the crime commited by Yunusa,they even came up with Quranic verses to show it? they wdre not against the crime. i will paraphrase what they said ' Soyinka disagreed with a professor of Islamic Eschatology and Director of Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC),
Ishaq Akintola, WHO CLAIMED THAT ISLAM HAS NO AGE BARRIER IN MARRIAGE'. Akintola is simply saying muslims can marry a 3 yr old girl. like i said in the earlier post, the words muslims use tell us if they are for or against the crime. Most are being sympathetic towards yunusa and thats why people insult islam. People married early in the olden days. dont see why he should insist that its not a crime as at today considering the constitution of nigeria. is yunusa not a nigerian? well, Prof Akintola did the most damage to your religion by saying such.
What Akintola said is not anyway wrong,there is no age restrictions to Islamic Marriages. The question Soyinka should ask is why did Akintola make such statement.

In Islam before you can marry a girl,four things needs to be in place
1. The consent of the girl
2. The consent of the parents
3.in a stage of puberty
4 payment of dowry

So please tell me,which of these did Yunusa followed? Yunusa is just a criminal if found guilty.
And you will agree with me that we have girls of 15yrs already into prostitution,some have even commited abortions more than 3times before getting to 16. So what Islam says is that instead of having such unGodly scenario,its better the girl is married out.
Getting married at tender age of 15 is a matter of choice,just as sleeping around with older men at same age also a matter of choice.

And am surely Akintola himself wouldn't give her daughter out in marriage before 18yrs. Like I said,its a matter of choice.
Since you know there's Huge difference between most northern muslims and the south,why then do you people prefer to hold on to the religious lifestyle of the north in expense of the south? Maybe because your people derives more pleasure from that corner.

So many factors are involved in the way the northerners reacts to religion..Number one is Illiteracy coupled with exposure and inbuilt aggressiveness. These are not what Islam Teaches us,but what we have withing most of the northern populace.
I schooled in ABU zaria,and I know how some muslim families shielded some of us the students from ethnic attacks after the 2011 elections. They didn't ask for our religion nor tribe,they just took us in and fed us for one week and few days. In my heart I knew that is what Islam should be about,not aggressiveness and intolerance.
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by musicwriter(m): 1:00pm On Mar 08, 2016
erusen:
hey u told to check your site latter for the story of the oba of Benin that was never told,please kindly drop the link

It was published since last week!. Check the site for: The true history of slavery and slave acquisition in Africa at www.africason.com

It's not just about the kings and obas, but something deeper.
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by egobetatoday: 1:06pm On Mar 08, 2016
kumakunta:

Please how do you condemn them? By calling them fake,rejecting them as being part of christians?

The Muric has come out to condemn the act of Yunusa,so many Islamic scholars in the north also came out to condemn BH terrorism. But do they get the shield needed from the government? NO. Or haven't you heard of Islamic scholars killed and mosques bombed due to their preaching against BH?

You christians are good at separating crimes commited by your members from your religion but quickly call out Islam when same is being done by a muslim.. so when we argue,we don't argue for the actor,we argue for Islam.
What makes it seem as if we supporting the actor is because we tend to bring out similar crime committed by a christian of which your people quickly act in denial.

MURIC came out, partly condemning and partly supporting him. They said THAT MUSLIMS CAN MARRY A GIRL OF ANY AGE. They are invariably saying 'just release yunusa now, he has done no wrong, a muslim can marty a girl of any age for crying out loud!'. They have forgotten that this law may be binding on muslim to muslim, not muslim to christian. And also, if a muslim reports it , it instantly becomes a crime because under the nigerian constitution no religion is superior.
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by kumakunta: 1:13pm On Mar 08, 2016
erusen:
they prophesyed a messiah,check the old testament or the Torah note they were written thousand of years before the Quran was even imagined and make sure your check its fulfillment in the new testament as,question number two:first the people who lived before Christ are liken to people who have never heard the gospel in their lives,they will be judge based on their conscience,they are not imputed sin under the law,pre-christ Jews who followed the law are also judged under the law see Romans 2:14-16,from moses to isaiah they all prophesy a new gospel a new convernant,why the mosaic laws tell you the does and doesn't you can't actually obey the law fully because you are imperfect so why the hipocracy.next let introduce you the gospel of grace (the new convanant )which teaches that the religious laws can't save you because you are imperfect.be honest to yourseft are truly faithful to the dos and donts in your holy text,kindly Google search the the gospel and and read up the first site you see (www.amwi.net)that is the gospel of grace

And what makes you think JESUS was the messiah being mentioned..Remember before Jesus left he also said someone will come after him and he will preach from the deserts. I forgot,you people call him holy spirit.
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by femliany(m): 1:20pm On Mar 08, 2016
kilode100:
Aisha Buhari is 44yrs, her first child is 28yrs, do the math..
16yrs.uhmmmm wicked tribe.

Na their way...

Change is here o..
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by egobetatoday: 1:23pm On Mar 08, 2016
kumakunta:

What Akintola said is not anyway wrong,there is no age restrictions to Islamic Marriages. The question Soyinka should ask is why did Akintola make such statement.

In Islam before you can marry a girl,four things needs to be in place
1. The consent of the girl
2. The consent of the parents
3.in a stage of puberty
4 payment of dowry

So please tell me,which of these did Yunusa followed? Yunusa is just a criminal if found guilty.
And you will agree with me that we have girls of 15yrs already into prostitution,some have even commited abortions more than 3times before getting to 16. So what Islam says is that instead of having such unGodly scenario,its better the girl is married out.
Getting married at tender age of 15 is a matter of choice,just as sleeping around with older men at same age also a matter of choice.

And am surely Akintola himself wouldn't give her daughter out in marriage before 18yrs. Like I said,its a matter of choice.

it's not up to Soyinka to ask. It is actually Akintola who should be 'smart' enough to add the four cases under which marriage is permissible in Islam to a minor and ALSO ADD THAT SINCE YUNUSA DID NOT FULFIL ANY OF THE CASES HE SHOULD BE MADE TO FACE THE LAW. Like someone i know will say 'SAY WHAT YOU MEAN, AND MEAN WHAT YOU SAY'. lol.
He said something, we believed it, how do you want us to:
1) KNOW what he didnt say i.e. the 4 cases you added
2)authomatically BELIEVE what we didnt hear him say
will you criticise us for what he said or what he forgot to add?
IF you are asked a question during the exam and you decide to answer just part of the question and leave the others unanswered, will it be wrong if the teacher marks only what he sees on you paper even though you know the remaining part but refused to write it?
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by egobetatoday: 1:37pm On Mar 08, 2016
kumakunta:

And what makes you think JESUS was the messiah being mentioned..Remember before Jesus left he also said someone will come after him and he will preach from the deserts. I forgot,you people call him holy spirit.

He will preach from the desert? pls can u quickly tell me where that was written in the bible e.g Galatians 24:1-3 it says"......."

You are right, thats the Holy Spirit.
Read John 14 : 16- 17, Jesus called it SPIRIT not DESERT
Read John 15: 26, Jedus also called it SPIRIT OF TRUTH not desert.
Read John 16: 13 " When the SPIRIT OF TRUTH comes..."
pls where did you get that 'DESERT' thing from. i want to learn!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by erusen: 1:44pm On Mar 08, 2016
kumakunta:

who wrote that bible?Isaiah prophesyed a wilderness preacher who will come before jesus,did Mohammed come before Jesus?hell no,so who is the mystery messager?yea that's right(john the baptist)the man who is said to prepare the way of the lord(Jesus)now Jesus i said someone will come before me.1.he shall make you understand the gospel2.he shall be a comforter (heck Mohammed didn't comfort nobody he only fought wars said Allah didn't allow two religions in Arabia)killed Jews captured people if that is the creator idea of a comforter then Bleep the creator,the new testamament didn't talk about about Mohammed so u guys stated claiming it was corrupted,even the Torah didn't prophesy the Mohammed is it corrupted as well?and one more thing, the bible didn't talk about the new comer having a relationship with any desert.
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by erusen: 1:49pm On Mar 08, 2016
musicwriter:

It was published since last week!. Check the site for: The true history of slavery and slave acquisition in Africa at www.africason.com

It's not just about the kings and obas, but something deeper.
man that's deep,well am still in a conflicting state I will process all this information in time being
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by kumakunta: 1:50pm On Mar 08, 2016
egobetatoday:

it's not up to Soyinka to ask. It is actually Akintola who should be 'smart' enough to add the four cases under which marriage is permissible in Islam to a minor and ALSO ADD THAT SINCE YUNUSA DID NOT FULFIL ANY OF THE CASES HE SHOULD BE MADE TO FACE THE LAW. Like someone i know will say 'SAY WHAT YOU MEAN, AND MEAN WHAT YOU SAY'. lol.
He said something, we believed it, how do you want us to:
1) KNOW what he didnt say i.e. the 4 cases you added
2)authomatically BELIEVE what we didnt hear him say
will you criticise us for what he said or what he forgot to add?
IF you are asked a question during the exam and you decide to answer just part of the question and leave the others unanswered, will it be wrong if the teacher marks only what he sees on you paper even though you know the remaining part but refused to write it?
But in the statement Issues by Muric,he actually said Yunusa should be made to face the law..
What Akintola said about no age limit in Marriage in Islam is just like sayign there's freedom of speech. But deep in your thinking you know there's still punishment for Libel and Slander.. but all you hear is freedom of speech.
Soyinka being a linguist,i expect him to understand better what Akintola mean by that statement. Yes there's no limit to marriage but common sense should tell you not to a girl below puberty.
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by kumakunta: 1:53pm On Mar 08, 2016
erusen:
who wrote that bible?Isaiah prophesyed a wilderness preacher who will come before jesus,did Mohammed come before Jesus?hell no,so who is the mystery messager?yea that's right(john the baptist)the man who is said to prepare the way of the lord(Jesus)now Jesus i said someone will come before me.1.he shall make you understand the gospel2.he shall be a comforter (heck Mohammed didn't comfort nobody he only fought wars said Allah didn't allow two religions in Arabia)killed Jews captured people if that is the creator idea of a comforter then Bleep the creator,the new testamament didn't talk about about Mohammed so u guys stated claiming it was corrupted,even the Torah didn't prophesy the Mohammed is it corrupted as well?and one more thing, the bible didn't talk about the new comer having a relationship with any desert.
Ok..Now stick to your religion and I will stick with mine..See you on Judgement day. Till then PEACE.
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by kumakunta: 1:55pm On Mar 08, 2016
erusen:
Your mind is made up of what you read and believe,same as mine..Now stick to your religion and I will stick with mine..See you on Judgement day. Till then, PEACE.
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by erusen: 2:17pm On Mar 08, 2016
kumakunta:

Your mind is made up of what you read and believe,same as mine..Now stick to your religion and I will stick with mine..See you on Judgement day. Till then, PEACE.
okay I will stick,about judgement day don't worry about me(I be fine with the God I will fine).u sound angry any way PEACE.
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by BeClever: 2:23pm On Mar 08, 2016
Agubushmenyo:
People will jump Into this thread and post all sorts of silly things now!! But before then, let me point out instances and leave the rest for Observations!

1) Ebonyi pastor Rapes 13yrs old girl
2) Rev King burns church member
3) Lagos pastor defiles 14yrs old girl
4) Pastor sleeps with 3 girls from the same family

Now before you Include Buhari and Castigate APC and Insult muslims, let me quote Jesus Christ from another dimension....

"The Religion that is perfect, let them be the first to cast a stone"

In every religion, we have Idiots!!

But avoid the Fallacy of generalization

God Bless the President!!

So for your mind now, you have made some sense abi?

Check yourself, you said something about E_diots, right?
OK, keep checking who the e_diot is..
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by kumakunta: 2:24pm On Mar 08, 2016
erusen:
okay I will stick,about judgement day don't worry about me(I be fine with the God I will fine).u sound angry any way PEACE.
Naah,why should I? It was time for my prayer,so had to leave the chat. PEACE.
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by erusen: 2:26pm On Mar 08, 2016
kumakunta:

Naah,why should I? It was time for my prayer,so had to leave the chat. PEACE.
okay bro have a nice day
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by egobetatoday: 2:30pm On Mar 08, 2016
kumakunta:

But in the statement Issues by Muric,he actually said Yunusa should be made to face the law..
What Akintola said about no age limit in Marriage in Islam is just like sayign there's freedom of speech. But deep in your thinking you know there's still punishment for Libel and Slander.. but all you hear is freedom of speech.
Soyinka being a linguist,i expect him to understand better what Akintola mean by that statement. Yes there's no limit to marriage but common sense should tell you not to a girl below puberty.

ok
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by omocheche(f): 2:38pm On Mar 08, 2016
Even if she is not no wahala it is fine let stop thelis even in our society by taking side with the wrong thing people do.
HughWilliams:

Stop spreading lies and misinformation.. Aisha was over 18yrs when she got married to Buhari
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by jantavanta(m): 2:39pm On Mar 08, 2016
Is religion a means for someone to satisfy their depravity at the expense of the life of another person, while feeling good about it?
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by glossy6(f): 3:13pm On Mar 08, 2016
kumakunta:

Please how do you condemn them? By calling them fake,rejecting them as being part of christians?

The Muric has come out to condemn the act of Yunusa,so many Islamic scholars in the north also came out to condemn BH terrorism. But do they get the shield needed from the government? NO. Or haven't you heard of Islamic scholars killed and mosques bombed due to their preaching against BH?

You christians are good at separating crimes commited by your members from your religion but quickly call out Islam when same is being done by a muslim.. so when we argue,we don't argue for the actor,we argue for Islam.
What makes it seem as if we supporting the actor is because we tend to bring out similar crime committed by a christian of which your people quickly act in denial.

Yes I've heard them preach and say that Yunusa abi Inuwa followed his heart and that a war against BH is a war against the North. QED
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by glossy6(f): 3:18pm On Mar 08, 2016
kumakunta:

So the muric statement need an interpretation abi?
fa fa fa foul.. in Zebrudaya's voice
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by peaceloveworld2: 3:22pm On Mar 08, 2016
Ese: Demand For Justice And Prosecution Of Martin Ayankola, The Enemy Of Islam

glossy6:

Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by peaceloveworld2: 3:22pm On Mar 08, 2016

https://www.nairaland.com/2978006/ese-demand-justice-prosecution-martin

glossy6:

Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by peaceloveworld2: 3:23pm On Mar 08, 2016
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 08, 2016
Agubushmenyo:
People will jump Into this thread and post all sorts of silly things now!! But before then, let me point out instances and leave the rest for Observations!

Now before you Include Buhari and Castigate APC and Insult muslims, let me quote Jesus Christ from another dimension....

all this thing u list no one will tell u they did it in jesus name or that jesus told them to do it . .but a muslim wil cal god and say allah told him to rape a non believer ..god is great they say as they behead 1
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by hero2000: 4:09pm On Mar 08, 2016
kilode100:

Na their way...

Change is here o..

I was curious of the claim so I checked. You are wrong. She was born 1971(45yrs) and married 1989. 1989-1971 is 18yrs. So she was 18 when she wedded PMB.

Unless you are insinuating that Baba impregnated her before marriage. Please let us check facts before we tarnish people's image.

God save you say no be 1984 of Decree 4 we dey. You for don hear am. Lol!
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by glossy6(f): 4:53pm On Mar 08, 2016
peaceloveworld2:

https://www.nairaland.com/2978006/ese-demand-justice-prosecution-martin

All I see in this thread you quoted is stewpidity at the extreme. Just show me where the Muric condemned it.
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 08, 2016
StOla:

So the only truth is your own lie that helps your false argument?

Am sure u did not click the link. Continue to believe your lies, maybe they will become true someday
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by OBAGADAFFI: 5:58pm On Mar 08, 2016
Agubushmenyo:

1) Ebonyi pastor Rapes 13yrs old girl- he was arrested
2) Rev King burns church member -he was arrested and sentence to death
3) Lagos pastor defiles 14yrs old girl -he was arrested
4) Pastor sleeps with 3 girls from the same family -he was arrested

No christian in will ever justify criminality

1 Like

Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by Afroconnect: 6:41pm On Mar 08, 2016
They have a craving for dem babies...lol,how depraved can humanity get.
Re: Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction by ihatesycophant(m): 9:31pm On Mar 08, 2016
kilode100:

Na their way...

Change is here o..
Aisha born 17th February, 1971
Aisha married to General Buhari 2nd December, 1989
Aisha is today 45-year old
On the 2nd December, 1989, Aisha Halilu nee was 18-year old three months to her 19 years birthday

If Buhari is a pedophile, then Captain Matthew Ekeinde is also a pedophile because he married Omotola Ekeinde at the age of 18

Omotola born 7th February, 1978
Omotola married to Captain Matthew Ekeinde 23rd March, 1996
Omotola is today 38-year old
On 23rd March, 1996, Omotola Jolade nee was 18-year old, one month

according to the constitution of Nigeria based on the child right, a girl of 18 years old is no more a child but an adult and can be given in marriage. And to God will have it, just 2014, the Nigeria adult age was pegged to 17 and not 18.

If google is your friend, you would have googled this info and not lead others to ditch and also clear your ignorance and hate for Buhari.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Arewa Youths Should Be Put In Chains And Flogged Very Hard - Femi Fani-kayode / How Buhari Destroyed The APC Dream / Buhari: Don’t Campaign For Tenure Extension, I’ll Leave Office In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.