Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! (1623 Views)

Boyfriend Said He Left Social Media Because He's Found Everything With Her / My Boyfriend Said His Father Like To Fvck Me! I'm Confused. / My New Boyfriend Said He Is A Cultist, What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by Born2Freak(f): 5:45am On Mar 08, 2016
I couldn't believe my ears when he said it to me. I have been dating for a year now with this guy.

I am slightly more financially stable than him and I take care of myself very well. I was just discussing generally about marriage and he got a little bit annoyed and said that I should propose to him since I like to do everything myself.

Is it because I like to buy him gifts and I don't wait for him to spend money on me? Help me out on this one.
Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by Nobody: 5:48am On Mar 08, 2016
what's the big in woman proposing to man??
Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by Cutehector(m): 5:49am On Mar 08, 2016
grin babe u r playing a fast one on him na.. so tell us the truth! When a lady discusses abt marriage with her boyfrnd too soon, she is either desperate or hideous...

Look, you are not d one to bring up the marriage discussion, dats his job! Period! So he has every right to create Dat drama..

For those wanting to quote me, just knw this, my Fvck went out.

1 Like

Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by Nobody: 5:50am On Mar 08, 2016
As u said,u r more financial stable than him but that's not the key to a man's heart..do not involve ur money to ur relationship otherwise it wud look like u buying his love & that piercing his ego..

Juz chill & laid back..let him do his thing & don't let him feel he is under pressure.

4 Likes

Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by KingRex1(m): 5:52am On Mar 08, 2016
Cutehector:
grin babe u r playing a fast one on him na.. so tell us the truth! When a lady discusses abt marriage with her boyfrnd too soon, she is either desperate or hideous...

Look, you are not d one to bring up the marriage discussion, dats his job! Period! So he has every right to create Dat drama..

chop knuckle! Well said
Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by SMARTKOSSY: 5:58am On Mar 08, 2016
No big deal...this is change era
Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by Ahmed0336(m): 6:15am On Mar 08, 2016
KashyBaby:
As u said,u r more financial stable than him but that's not the key to a man's heart..do not involve ur money to ur relationship otherwise it wud look like u buying his love & that piercing his ego..

Juz chill & laid back..let him do his thing & don't let him feel he is under pressure.
a swear you get sense if no be because i don marry i for marry you undecided
Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by Nobody: 6:18am On Mar 08, 2016
Ahmed0336:
a swear you get sense if no be because i don marry i for marry you undecided

Huh! Saaaaaaay what? shocked
Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by Born2Freak(f): 6:19am On Mar 08, 2016
Cutehector:

Okay. I disagree. Isn't marriage meant for 2 people? Why can't I bring up the marriage discussion

3 Likes

Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by yrret: 6:19am On Mar 08, 2016
He said well, go ahead and propose.

Afterall, ladies of this generation are seriously fighting for gender equality.

Everything these days is all obout ladies;

soon men will be regarded as second class being with amout of pressure ladies are mouting for equality.

As if man no dey get problem too..

Mtcheeew..

2 Likes

Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by Nobody: 6:22am On Mar 08, 2016
[quote author=Cutehector post=43575401] grin babe u r playing a fast one on him na.. so tell us the truth! When a lady discusses abt marriage with her boyfrnd too soon, she is either desperate or hideous...

For those wanting to quote me, just knw this, my Fvck went out.[/quote).
Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by Born2Freak(f): 6:22am On Mar 08, 2016
KashyBaby:

I don't oppress him or put him under pressure. I don't think that I have ever made it an issue with money. I always tell him before I get anything and he is usually okay with it.
Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by Born2Freak(f): 6:24am On Mar 08, 2016
yrret:
He said well, go ahead and propose.

Afterall, ladies of this generation are seriously fighting for gender equality.

Everything these days is all obout ladies;

soon men will be regarded as second class being with amout of pressure ladies are mouting for equality.

As if man no dey get problem too..

Mtcheeew..

Take it easy, please. A woman can propose but our Nigerian culture does not allow it
Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by Nobody: 6:24am On Mar 08, 2016
Go ahead and don't forget to pay his bride price too.

1 Like

Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by Born2Freak(f): 6:25am On Mar 08, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Go ahead and don't forget to pay his bride price too.

Should I also make him pregnant? lol
Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by Nobody: 6:26am On Mar 08, 2016
Born2Freak:

I don't oppress him or put him under pressure. I don't think that I have ever made it an issue with money. I always tell him before I get anything and he is usually okay with it.

For u it cud not be an issue but what abt him? U shud ask him what's the real issue why he told u that u shud better be the one to propose since this is what u wanted to happen..
Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by Nobody: 6:27am On Mar 08, 2016
Ok, but there is madness going on that what a man can do, a woman can do better. So u can even do the better proposal than the guy self

who run the world .......... Girls

3 Likes

Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by nwakibe: 6:27am On Mar 08, 2016
There's nothing wrong in that. You are even lucky he asked you to do that.
Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by Ab025(m): 6:29am On Mar 08, 2016
Born2Freak:

Okay. I disagree. Isn't marriage meant for 2 people? Why can't I bring up the marriage discussion

Since you can bring up the discussion even when ur man hasn't brought it up, then why don't you just go ahead and propose to him??

Maybe You think because you are more financially stable, you should take the lead and bold steps right??

I support him, you must propose to him or forget it!!

2 Likes

Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by Nobody: 6:34am On Mar 08, 2016
Born2Freak:

Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by Nobody: 6:38am On Mar 08, 2016
Ab025:

Since you can bring up the discussion even when ur man hasn't brought it up, then why don't you just go ahead and propose to him??

Maybe You think because you are more financially stable, you should take the lead and bold steps right??

I support him, you must propose to him or forget it!!
Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by lakesguy(m): 6:54am On Mar 08, 2016
olihilistic:
what's the big in woman proposing to man??
I wonder o my Bro...
Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by Cutehector(m): 7:17am On Mar 08, 2016
nma24:
I don't see anything bad in a woman proposing to man. Its kinda cute and defies the archaic social expectations. I wonder when we Nigerians will drop this cultural and moral shackles and open up our minds to new developments
did u even read waht she wrote? He asked her to propose to him na.. she was highly furious.. u r just twisting the whole thing!
Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by Cutehector(m): 7:22am On Mar 08, 2016
Born2Freak:

babe read my comments again! U brought it up too soon.. I wrote Dat didn't I? I ddnt say d girlfrnd shouldt bring it up, ur problem was Dat u brought it up too soon! There is time for everything abeg. U dnt hav to rush into marriage na, it's something Dat takes a careful study. Instead u should make him see reasons why he should put a ring on ur finger instead of forcing him to see reasons why he should dump u.
Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by 9ja4show: 7:24am On Mar 08, 2016
KashyBaby:

Then why do you expect us guys to involve money in it..rubbish
Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 08, 2016
lakesguy:
I wonder o my Bro...
if girl propose to me I go do shakara small sha
Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by halfricanadian(f): 7:28am On Mar 08, 2016
Propose na pls buy chanel hand ker chief should incase he cries

Cos na who dey recieve ring they cry pass embarassed grin
Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by Pumpkin34(f): 7:52am On Mar 08, 2016
Just let him be maybe he's feeling intimidated.

1 Like

Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 08, 2016
9ja4show:

Then why do you expect us guys to involve money in it..rubbish

Lol...as if u have money to spend on ur chic... u got a big mouth with empty pocket.

1 Like

Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by 9ja4show: 8:07am On Mar 08, 2016
KashyBaby:

Lol...as if u have money to spend on ur chic... u got a big mouth with empty pocket.

I didn't know you were dangote's daughter biitch
Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 08, 2016
9ja4show:

I didn't know you were dangote's daughter biitch

before u called someone a bitch remind urself who the hell are u? U so loud trying to defend ur lousy ego & an old broke ass nigga with a big mouth...

Truth hurts tho! And besides u even "share" ur own quotes..that's disgusting.
Re: Madness! My Boyfriend Said I Should Propose To Him! by 9ja4show: 8:20am On Mar 08, 2016
KashyBaby:

before u called someone a bitch remind urself who the hell are u? U so loud trying to defend ur lousy ego & an old broke ass nigga with a big mouth...

Truth hurts tho! And besides u even "share" ur own quotes..that's disgusting.

I am sure you are very ugly and broke who depend on guys for a living

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Treat A Lady / Help Answer This Urgent Question On Blood Oath. / Freaky Fun Friday:my Obituary Will Not Read “obo Lo Pa” [na Puna Kill Am}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.