Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,827 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! (7555 Views)

I Desperately Need A Job, Not After The Pay / Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! / Should I Include Every Job I Hold On My CV? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Joecares: 6:29am On Mar 10, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
your number isnt correct. Anyway if you are interested simply come with one passport photograph, one copy of your CV and one page application letter stating why you should get the job. You must be there by 9-10am latest tomorrow. Edit your number and I will contact you via whatsapp on full details
Sorry ma dont think i can meet up with that time cause i live very far but will appreciate if you can reschedule me for a later time or tomorrow. More so, the address of the place in lekki has not been written ma. Will appreciate if u can elp me with getting this job ma u can contact me on 08033061058.
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Malcolmx12: 6:41am On Mar 10, 2016
Neroski:
I am in Asaba too.pls can I send my CV?
sure
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by engrhorla(m): 7:35am On Mar 10, 2016
chezok:
Please fellow nairalanders, help me in evaluating my CV. cry

I need a Job. cry cry

#Frustrated cry cry cry

cc: Lalasticlala, uboma, davide470 Frontpage will be much appreciated.

Can I av ur email address? I can help u edit and re-arrange ur CV
Don't be frustrated
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by okitz4(m): 7:41am On Mar 10, 2016
engrhorla:

Don't be frustrated

hello sir, can I send u my CV too? desperately need ur help....
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Benjom(m): 8:48am On Mar 10, 2016
This may be of help to you. It's comprehensive with a sample:

www..com/complete-step-step-guide-writing-successful-cv/
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Blaizeless: 9:25am On Mar 10, 2016
This in noteworthy. I love this family called nairaland. Will be forever grateful for touching people's lives through timely information disseminationAnd knowledge.
One word for this is God's love.

Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by teadrake(m): 11:52am On Mar 10, 2016
This thread is undoubtedly, a fascinating one.
God bless all the contributors thus far. Personally, I learnt greatly.

Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by jashar(f): 12:22pm On Mar 10, 2016
....from what I've read so far, at least 2 job offers have come.

It's really not about the CV in my humble opinion.

Some people with fascinating and awesome CVs are yet to get jobs.

God dey

Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Mizzzbeee(f): 12:26pm On Mar 10, 2016
Joecares:

Sorry ma dont think i can meet up with that time cause i live very far but will appreciate if you can reschedule me for a later time or tomorrow. More so, the address of the place in lekki has not been written ma. Will appreciate if u can elp me with getting this job ma u can contact me on 08033061058.
Hello Joecares I will contact you via whatsapp
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by engrhorla(m): 1:42pm On Mar 10, 2016
okitz4:

hello sir, can I send u my CV too? desperately need ur help....

OK fine...u drop ur email address.

And I'll mail u and u reply with ur CV

Hope u understand?

God bless
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Joecares: 1:52pm On Mar 10, 2016
Mizzzbeee:

Ok thanks in anticipation ma.
This thread i must say is the most beneficial of all. I've been through coursera today will go through alison wen i charge my laptop and to mizzbee ur awesome thanks so much will be xpecting ur rep ma.
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Gebbson007(m): 2:09pm On Mar 10, 2016
go back 2 Ur village tl dem to giv u Ur legit CV ,d 1 u re carrying around has been jujulised

Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by tunbebes(f): 2:22pm On Mar 10, 2016
Richy4:
I will not lie to you my dear it is kind of dry.... You really need to standout from the crowd..... You really need to let the employer know that u got something interesting to offer to them.... First u let them know who u are and what u wanted...

Your CV is good but it lacks profile... who are you and what do you want/ objective

EXAMPLE OF PERSONAL PROFILE

"I am driven and energetic finance graduate, seeking a position where I can engage
my experience, skills and studies to make a positive and productive contribution to the workplace.

Having completed a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, I have gone on to establish myself professionally in roles across finance, as well as Acting as an AD HOC Staff at the Independent Elec......

Across these roles I have demonstrated that I am an effective, reliable performer with
sound communication, organizational and people skills. With a solid work ethic and
desire to excel I believe I am also someone who does not shy away from going above
and beyond the requirements of a role to do it well."

Please write something like this after you have finished your Address..... It kind of summarised who you are.....and some of the things u can offer.....
Good luck dear

Wow...I never knew one could write this after the address...
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by tunbebes(f): 2:25pm On Mar 10, 2016
Chigorkizz:
You failed to include your achievements.

make provision for Selected achievements.

Please,how can one include his or her achievements in d CV
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by tunbebes(f): 2:27pm On Mar 10, 2016
engrhorla:

Don't be frustrated

Please,can you help me too embarassed
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by engrhorla(m): 2:32pm On Mar 10, 2016
tunbebes:

Please,can you help me too embarassed

Ok..send ur mail
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 10, 2016
jashar:
....from what I've read so far, at least 2 job offers have come.

It's really not about the CV in my humble opinion.

Some people with fascinating and awesome CVs are yet to get jobs.

God dey

Yeah..... Right.

2 pity driven offers.

That's the best the OP could get!

The best job are wrestled for, not given out of Pity!!!

Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Richy4(m): 2:39pm On Mar 10, 2016
tunbebes:

Wow...I never knew one could write this after the address...

every country got their ways of writing CV... but you need to stand out from the crowd....

Just try google..... and spice things up....The more you exaggerate your degree and what u can offer, the better...It's all about marketing yourself....That is what CV is all about

You know how you watch TV and you saw an advert of a fine girl that bath with a soap....and they said the soap was what made her look so lovely....U and I knows the answer right.... but we have to still give that soap a trial.... that's also how good CV WORKS

Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by tunbebes(f): 2:49pm On Mar 10, 2016
Benjom:
This may be of help to you. It's comprehensive with a sample:

www..com/complete-step-step-guide-writing-successful-cv/

May Jah bless you...Thanks
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by tunbebes(f): 2:55pm On Mar 10, 2016
MaziOmenuko:
Felliw zikite,

Many important points have been made already, I know you are taking note.

Your CV is virtually empty. Nothing to show that you even have a basic skills of computer apprecation; Microsoft word, excell and PowerPoint. Didn't you do afrihub at unizik (I did).

Now, visit coursera.org and check out all the courses they offer there. Enroll for any one you feel is inline with your field.
Visit Alison.com and enroll for Project Management. It is completely free with a certificate once you score above 75% in the final assessment. also enroll for financial management, risk management and any other management course you can find in alison.com.

Within 2wks, you will have at least 4 certifications that can spice up your CV.
Stop wasting your data on Nairaland and Facebook.

May Jah bless you...thanks. Are there any free online certification on communication skills
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by 1mavin(m): 3:07pm On Mar 10, 2016
pls i need a CV sample sent to my mail --> mavinhakeem@gmail.com Tnks
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Benjom(m): 3:09pm On Mar 10, 2016
tunbebes:

May Jah bless you...Thanks

You're welcome.
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by jashar(f): 4:06pm On Mar 10, 2016
DMeanMan:

Yeah..... Right.

2 pity driven offers.

That's the best the OP could get!

The best job are wrestled for, not given out of Pity!!!

Pity or not, it's a job. Most people that get jobs through 'man know man', isn't it pity?
Let her start from somewhere abeg.

Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by tunbebes(f): 4:26pm On Mar 10, 2016
MaziOmenuko:

You don't need international recognition for free courses; you pay thru your nose for online courses from internationally recognised institution.

Having said that, you can visit coursera.org and alison.com.

For coursera, they offer courses directly from foreign universities. If you pay for their project that follows the course, your certificate will have the name of the university in it and it is internationally recognised. Payment ranges from $30 to $150 (which is stl very okk).

Alison.com gives you free courses; after completing and passing the course, you will pay for the certificate if you need it, otherwise, you will be given a free statement of accomplishment which is still valid.

You print it out and include it in your CV.

Bro I checked coursera now and I was asked to pay $75 for a project mgt course,I tot it's free...Please ,how do i go about the free online course?
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 10, 2016
jashar:

Pity or not, it's a job. Most people that get jobs through 'man know man', isn't it pity?
Let her start from somewhere abeg.

Yeah!

Justapose your bad idea with a shittyy one to make yours look great!

That's the way to go!

Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Tbells91(f): 5:03pm On Mar 10, 2016
engrhorla:

Don't be frustrated

I'll like to send mine too.. Pls
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Tbells91(f): 5:18pm On Mar 10, 2016
Mizzzbeee:

Are there still openings?
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Tbells91(f): 5:20pm On Mar 10, 2016
engrhorla:

Ok..send ur mail

I've sent you an email, pls reply so that I can send my cv. Bello Faridah
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by jashar(f): 5:29pm On Mar 10, 2016
DMeanMan:

Yeah!

That's the way to go!

kiss continue grin
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by MaziOmenuko: 6:45pm On Mar 10, 2016
tunbebes:

Bro I checked coursera now and I was asked to pay $75 for a project mgt course,I tot it's free...Please ,how do i go about the free online course?

I mentioned that the cost ranges from $30 to $150 if you are interested in having their trackeable certificate which comes with the name of the institution on it. If not, you can proceed and do the course free. You won't get the final capstone project and will only get a statement of accomplishment after the course.

Allison offers project management free of charge. You can do that one. Ensure you update your LinkedIn profile with the courses as soon as you are done with it.

Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by MaziOmenuko: 6:48pm On Mar 10, 2016
DMeanMan:

Yeah!

That's the way to go!

I like you already.

Don't be surprised all these offers she's getting here will end up being multilevel networking jobs or low-level marketing/sales.
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by danielsunky(m): 7:39pm On Mar 10, 2016
I have gained from this

6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae / College Of Nursing And Health Sciences, Obohia-ndoki, Abia State Vacancy / Halliburton Test Questions Here (1)