Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,489 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove (5579 Views)

President Jonathan & Patience At Jomo Kenyatta Airport / Gbomo Jomo (Henry Okah's Brother) Is Arrested? / Does Jomo Gbomo Really Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by remoranger(m): 7:37pm On Jul 18, 2009
god help us
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Eziachi: 8:05pm On Jul 18, 2009
drossy:

i cannot understand why every political thread goes tribalistic!!!!     we complain about the older generation but we cant learn from their mistakes!!!  i hate tribalism, every tribe has its issues but to generalise people is crazy. i hate to say this but, i support MEND to the bone , i hope they drop the tribal remarks though!  we cannot judge them on the same scale and not accuse the FG of same crimes. people have become so used to FG and its evil that they have suddenly become right and MEND wrong. in as much as killings are not right but they are a means to an end. Pole have become so used to the naija way that it has become the right way!! but somehow, i wish some attacks should go to our niger delta leaders sha, but i remember bringing this argument before chris ekiyor -IYC president, a while ago  as doctors in UBTH.his answer was that when the ijaw community was fighting alams over his embezzlement,the govt protected him to the bone! when the militant leaders swore to destroy him after his tenure ,he became more pro-ijaw agitating for resource control.immediately EFCC went up against him, using the same documents that were submitted previously which the govt threw out!

My good friend you asked a very valuable question indeed. The reason is that 99.99% of the so called Nigerians believed in their tribes or nation first before Nigeria.
But they tend to pretend otherwise. But people like me don't know how to pretend painting a rosy future of Nigeria when we knew that Nigeria died far back at child birth but been kept unburied by the greed toward the crude oil the elite are sharing.
If that oil finish tonight, I will bet my house that, Nigeria will not exist the next day. It's a big fact
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Beaf: 8:53pm On Jul 18, 2009
@ sky blue and a-town

Who say's MEND doesn't build amenities like schools? Stop expounding ignorance with confidence.

As to wether MEND is doing the right thing by violent attacks, what happened to Saro Wiwa and many like him? MENDhave found the right formula because the govt is suddenly realising that ND slavery needs to end.

Like babasoty said, some people are so used to bearing the brunt of bad govt that they fail to realise that there can be better. People get conditioned into thinking that the abnormal is normal.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by elchux: 8:56pm On Jul 18, 2009
those who fought the igbo man and those that are happy that biafra is yet to materialise , are more sad than ever cuz the igbo man is still waxing strong despite all odds. pls leave the igbo man outta niger delta problem. the igbo man will forever remain a mystery to them all.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by okokomeji: 9:11pm On Jul 18, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Jomo Gbomo spoke eloquently. I like the aspirations and I sincerely believe they can succeed with a few adjustments . . .political tweaking so to speak.
Afam:

The Igbos were arrogant and proud? Sounds more like envy and jealousy here. Saro Wiwa benefited from scholarships, it was alleged that an Ijaw name suggested the name Biafra and Gen Effiong who was Ojukwu's second in command was not an Igbo man.

I guess he expects an Igbo man who got an education to act and behave like an uneducated person and expects an Igbo man that worked hard to make money in business to trek to anywhere he wants to instead of buying a car because some people will feel and think that he is proud and arrogant.

It is this type of envy and jealousy that inhibits one to achieve his potential in life.

Gbomo just said Igbos are arrogant and proud, he didn’t insult Biafrans in General. All the Biafrans who put theirs on the floor and carry MEND’s issues on their heads, it’s time to let go; Gbomo says he believes in One Nigeria, not like insatiable souls like Biafrans (I guess you might be mad, because that defeats your separatist mission) ha ha sorry the game is over (I believe in one Nigeria too). Gbomo, maybe you had forgotten that the same Biafrans besieged and invaded your land and had a dozen of your people butt-nakedly parading the streets and forced in reciting (“Biafrans would win in the name of Jesus, Biafrans would win in the name of Jesus, Biafrans would win in the name of Jesus, Biafrans would win in the name of Jesus, Biafrans would win in the name of Jesus. If I lie, just pull it up on YOUTUBE (just type Biafra’s war).
I heard you talking about education? Education who? You are going to let me put on my Yoruba bourgeoisie, besides remember that Niger Delta is part of Western territory.
Before independence, Naija only had 60 institutions and 45 of them are from West. You can flaunt your education to the people in the east or up north, not west where you will get your butt kicked!
If Yoruba talks now, you will play race card of Marginalization.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Beaf: 9:57pm On Jul 18, 2009
okokomeji:

Gbomo just said Igbos are arrogant and proud, he didn’t insult Biafrans in General. All the Biafrans who put theirs on the floor and carry MEND’s issues on their heads, it’s time to let go; Gbomo says he believes in One Nigeria, not like insatiable souls like Biafrans (I guess you might be mad, because that defeats your separatist mission) ha ha sorry the game is over (I believe in one Nigeria too). Gbomo, maybe you had forgotten that the same Biafrans besieged and invaded your land and had a dozen of your people butt-nakedly parading the streets and forced in reciting (“Biafrans would win in the name of Jesus, Biafrans would win in the name of Jesus, Biafrans would win in the name of Jesus, Biafrans would win in the name of Jesus, Biafrans would win in the name of Jesus. If I lie, just pull it up on YOUTUBE (just type Biafra’s war).
I heard you talking about education? Education who? You are going to let me put on my Yoruba bourgeoisie, besides remember that Niger Delta is part of Western territory.
Before independence, Naija only had 60 institutions and 45 of them are from West. You can flaunt your education to the people in the east or up north, not west where you will get your butt kicked!
If Yoruba talks now, you will play race card of Marginalization.

Niger Delta has never been part of "Western territory" (whatever that means). You are just one of those ignorant people who believe that Niger Delta people are somehow Yoruba speaking awon Igbo. Sorry we don't speak Yoruba and we ain't Igbo.
Please don't involve Niger Delta people in your tribal wars.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by okokomeji: 10:09pm On Jul 18, 2009
Beaf:

Niger Delta has never been part of "Western territory" (whatever that means). You are just one of those ignorant people who believe that Niger Delta people are somehow Yoruba speaking awon Igbo. Sorry we don't speak Yoruba and we ain't Igbo.
Please don't involve Niger Delta people in your tribal wars.
@Beaf
I know you so much, you are Biafran, you forgot we had argument before of this forum, so be quiet and this is not Biafran war issues (me suo nu)!
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Ehoi: 10:19pm On Jul 18, 2009
Mr Gbomo and MEND are hitting some home truth about Nigeria that many of us would love to deny. It seams MEND is busy bringing out the dirts that we have swept under the carpet in the last 40 years. Jeez, its filthy.

I like reading Mr Gbomo's interview because its always filled with humour and truth. What got my attention in this interview is when he was asked if MEND wants federalism or breakup. He says the niger delta wants federalism because they would also want to enjoy the riches, hardwork and mineral resources of other regions. That was so funny if you know what he means. grin
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Bialegend(m): 10:25pm On Jul 18, 2009
All you guys are making empty noise. Lagos is never a Yoruba city, after all Igbos are more in number in Lagos than the so called Yorubas. NNPC is a government property and not Yoruba or Lagos property, so MEND is right and will continue to be right in bombing any government property including NNPC anywhere they are situated in nigeria. If Yorubas are angry, let OPC travel to Niger Delta and search for any cocoa house there to bomb. Nonsense!!!
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by princeparis(m): 11:25pm On Jul 18, 2009
Let us not confuse criminality with heroism. Somebody mention that MEND built school(s). Is it in his back yard. MEND and Jomo Gbomo are common criminals. Period. Anini is even better. He robbed the rich and give to poor. The market women in Benin can attest tn this. How many schools has MEND and its leadership built or scholarships they've given out. Where are the roads and hospitals they have built with the oil bunkering billions. If they have provided some basic ammenities to their communities, i would have believe their cause to be genuine but instead their leaders are buying and building houses all over Port Harcourt and Warri. Riding Hummer jeeps and choice cars. Living like Kings. This guys are just businessmen, they saw kidnapping and other acts of terror as the means to an end. Easy and heavy dollars. They should be called by their names, TERRORIST AND CRIMINALS. Shikena. Freedom fighters my foot.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by SkyBlue1: 11:33pm On Jul 18, 2009
Beaf:

@ sky blue and a-town

Who say's MEND doesn't build amenities like schools? Stop expounding ignorance with confidence.

As to wether MEND is doing the right thing by violent attacks, what happened to Saro Wiwa and many like him? MENDhave found the right formula because the govt is suddenly realising that ND slavery needs to end.

Like babasoty said, some people are so used to bearing the brunt of bad govt that they fail to realise that there can be better. People get conditioned into thinking that the abnormal is normal.

I really don't want to get into an online tussle and I doubt it would happen because I don't do such but please learn to read other people's post before commenting, it is quite irritating when people throw up fiction that is non existent in your post. Why not point out in any of my posts whereby I berrate MEND or demand of MEND to build ammenities and use the money to better their communities? When have I claimed MEND build or do not build schools as you claim? Please highlight in any of my posts (which have remained unaltered by the way) where I have made the way MEND spends the money they get from illegal bunkering to develop their communities the main issue? Anyways, I feel I know where this thread is heading and I am not interested so have a nice day all  smiley.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Kobojunkie: 11:51pm On Jul 18, 2009
prince paris:

Let us not confuse criminality with heroism. Somebody mention that MEND built school(s). Is it in his back yard. MEND and Jomo Gbomo are common criminals. Period. Anini is even better. He robbed the rich and give to poor. The market women in Benin can attest tn this. How many schools has MEND and its leadership built or scholarships they've given out. Where are the roads and hospitals they have built with the oil bunkering billions. If they have provided some basic ammenities to their communities, i would have believe their cause to be genuine but instead their leaders are buying and building houses all over Port Harcourt and Warri. Riding Hummer jeeps and choice cars. Living like Kings. This guys are just businessmen, they saw kidnapping and other acts of terror as the means to an end. Easy and heavy dollars. They should be called by their names, TERRORIST AND CRIMINALS. Shikena. Freedom fighters my foot.

e get as e be oooo!!!!!

I remember back in the days, Anini and his gang used to have press releases as well where they tell all those living in fear of them "THE TRUTH" and why their cause was just. lol
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Beaf: 12:40am On Jul 19, 2009
@Sky Blue

In fairness to you, I was too hard; I too do not relish tussles for the sake of ego.
Nevertheless, not having knowledge of an issue can lead to one making statements that are on the dangerous side. I cannot speak for MEND, but it is widely spread knowledge that MEND do indeed feel an obligation to provide for the ignored, forgotten and enslaved people in the creeks. This puts them in exactly the opposite light to the first set of bolded items in the quote from you below.

In the 2nd set of bolded items, you advocate the formation of NGO's. This is your second instance of ignorance (there are more); in this case, it expresses itself as insensitivity (though from your words I do not believe that you are insensitive).
Niger Delta NGO organisers and founders have been routinely harassed, jailed and murdered. The most successful, Ken Saro Wiwa, an exponent of non-violence as well as intellectual of World renown was executed despite intercession from the UN, Common Wealth and well meaning countries. Saro Wiwa won both the Right Livelihood Award and Goldman Environmental Prize; yet he was executed, what sort of NGO are you ignorantly advocating?
There was the Odi massacre with the loss of 2500 men, woman, children and babies. Odi was razed to the ground.
There is only so much stretch in a rubber band.
The youth, who have seen their peaceful fathers killed while their babies are poisoned by pollution, have expressed themselves violently; and for once, their voice has been heard. . . Coincidence? Why should they stop?

Because they are not an NGO or Government or even a "progressive movement" in terms of develolment and are therefore under no obligation to do so. Kind of like expecting an armed robber to steal and use the money to go and build a "motherless babies home" . Such expectations though seemingly innocent and coming from a genuine place in my view only shows how cowardly Nigerians have become.So we have to wait for an armed group of people to come save us before we do anythng in that country? How embarassing. Why don't we start groups like "Movement for the Materialisation of Power Supply", "Movement for the Dualisation of Lagos Benin Express", "Movement for the Particulation of Justice", "Movement for the Manifestation of Water Supply", etc? I would have found your point valid and relevant if this was an NGO, or a non violent movement, or something along those lines; but expecting a militant group to fix the woes of the country in what is meant to be a "democratic" setting? Are we fighting communist or a military dictator? Shame!

Learn about Ken Saro Wiwa here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Saro-Wiwa
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by smasher1(m): 1:37am On Jul 19, 2009
@dreamara, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala hails from Ogwashiuku, Delta state(Niger Delta) so dont claim she is an Igbo person.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by okokomeji: 2:20am On Jul 19, 2009
Ehoi:

Mr Gbomo and MEND are hitting some home truth about Nigeria that many of us would love to deny. It seams MEND is busy bringing out the dirts that we have swept under the carpet in the last 40 years. Jeez, its filthy.

I like reading Mr Gbomo's interview because its always filled with humour and truth. What got my attention in this interview is when he was asked if MEND wants federalism or breakup. He says the niger delta wants federalism because they would also want to enjoy the riches, hardwork and mineral resources of other regions. That was so funny if you know what he means. grin

Gbam! They (Biafrans) not gonna like him anymore, it's sometimes bitter to say the truth. But does he give a f.uck about them anywhere? Definitely no.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by fayahsoul: 3:15am On Jul 19, 2009

I support MEND if and only if they are fighting for secession/sovereignty/self-determination.

But if they want to remain part of nigeria then fuc.k em. Nigeria and nigerians are cursed. period.

long live the land of the rising sun

Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Nobody: 3:18am On Jul 19, 2009
as God lives, fayahsoul, his mentors and all his disciples are cursed. period.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by samparian(m): 4:05am On Jul 19, 2009
fayahsoul:

I support MEND if and only if they are fighting for secession/sovereignty/self-determination.

But if they want to remain part of nigeria then fuc.k em. Nigeria and nigerians are cursed. period.

long live the land of the rising sun

Dude, arent you Nigerian?? You're living within the "cursed" land, part of the "cursed" folks grin grin grin
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by oyinda3(f): 4:48am On Jul 19, 2009
the way things are going. another guerrilla group will spring up soon.
naija is already in chaos and these mend ppl are just making things worse. imagine their aim is to destroy naija economy. wth
and then they say they want to remain with naija to enjoy it's resources and potentials. what contradiction.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by SkyBlue1: 8:32am On Jul 19, 2009
Beaf:

@Sky Blue

In fairness to you, I was too hard; I too do not relish tussles for the sake of ego.
Nevertheless, not having knowledge of an issue can lead to one making statements that are on the dangerous side. I cannot speak for MEND, but it is widely spread knowledge that MEND do indeed feel an obligation to provide for the ignored, forgotten and enslaved people in the creeks. This puts them in exactly the opposite light to the first set of bolded items in the quote from you below.

In the 2nd set of bolded items, you advocate the formation of NGO's. This is your second instance of ignorance (there are more); in this case, it expresses itself as insensitivity (though from your words I do not believe that you are insensitive).
Niger Delta NGO organisers and founders have been routinely harassed, jailed and murdered. The most successful, Ken Saro Wiwa, an exponent of non-violence as well as intellectual of World renown was executed despite intercession from the UN, Common Wealth and well meaning countries. Saro Wiwa won both the Right Livelihood Award and Goldman Environmental Prize; yet he was executed, what sort of NGO are you ignorantly advocating?
There was the Odi massacre with the loss of 2500 men, woman, children and babies. Odi was razed to the ground.
There is only so much stretch in a rubber band.
The youth, who have seen their peaceful fathers killed while their babies are poisoned by pollution, have expressed themselves violently; and for once, their voice has been heard. . . Coincidence? Why should they stop?

Learn about Ken Saro Wiwa here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Saro-Wiwa

If you don't fully understand what someone posted there is no shame in asking for clarity, again completely OP (off point). Firstly, not everybody will agree with you that MEND is credible hence if some might find hero or freedom fighters more beffiting a suitable comparison, allow others who will likely see comparisons with armed robbers as more beffitting to hold their own views.

With regards to your statement of the "second part in bold" as you refer to it, I would just leave it as this: the sarcasm was lost on you. The point I was trying to make was, do we now wait for formation of armed struggles for every single darn thing? Hence the mock movements like "Movement for the Dualisation of Lagos Benin Road", etc. Again, please if you do not understand there is no shame in asking for clarity. I threw out a challenge to you to point out where in my post I was making how MEND chooses to spend the money obtained from illegal oil bunkering the fundamental issue and to be honest you failed miserably because I never made such the issue and I challenge you to find such in any of my posts.
Your second paragraph just threw up issues that were irrelevant to the discussion and post you berrated.

Instead what I have been saying is that there are injustices and things to fix, the system IS fundamentally flawed, things need to change, BUT MEND has no credibility to me because they continue undergoing expeditions that affect the very poor and people IN their area while the very rich aren't really affected and the Abuja they seem to so despise because it was apparently built with oil money, the Abuja that is the seat of power of the federal government they claim to be fighting remains in tact hence seeming quite cowardly and more of hooliganism than a glorious "movement" on their part. What I am doing now i hate doing it because I am basically repeating things I have said because you failed yo go back and comprehend my previous posts or ask for clarity which if anything is courteous and shows you are actually not arguing just for the sake of it.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by sley4life(m): 9:19am On Jul 19, 2009
The truth about the attack has been revealed. I support MEND in their action because the FG are taking the ND for fools. Yar' adua should sit up
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by FerrariGP: 9:46am On Jul 19, 2009
In a lot of ways i agree with the ideas put forward by Skyblue and A-town,
while the federal govt should sit up and do things right, MEND should also contribute their own quota to the development of their area,
afterall they are heavily involved in oil bunkering and make good proceeds from kidnapping as well,
they can copy the ibos who form associations raise to funds for the development of their villages,
even when the federal govt is doing things correctly as expected, individuals and groups are supposed to contribute to the development of their areas as well,
but to show full seriousness, MEND needs to strike close to the guys in power, eg, kidnapp the child of a senator, or yardull's child, blow up part of the sentae or something more purposeful not just increasing the rate of unemployment in the ND.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by fayahsoul: 2:20pm On Jul 19, 2009
samparian:

Dude, arent you Nigerian?? You're living within the "cursed" land, part of the "cursed" folks grin grin grin

Nigeria has no land. Nigeria is an artificial creation that was constructed out of thin air by white devils in collusion with black devils. Nigeria is a foreign organization that acquired the "legal" right and authority to operate, exploitatively, on native lands through a fake social contract that turned the natives into property.

Nigeria has no real or concrete land or existence of its own. Nigeria and nigerians are artificial persons. It is not possible to be an efik-nigerian or urhobo-nigerian or ibibio-nigeria e.t.c because nigeria is a nation and efik, urhobo and ibibio etc are also nations therefore one cannot be a member of 2 nations under the guise of a nation-state.

If nigeria really had a land then MEND's attack in lagos won't be perceived as an attack on the yoruba. When one claims to be a nigerian one must forfeit their ancestral heritage and sovereignty. To be a nigerian is to be in a delusional state of mind where an illusion is accepted as real. So when i say fuc.k nigeria and nigerians i'm refering to that artificial social construct that came into being in 1914 along with those artificial persons whom are state property.

I am a biafran living in bondage in nigeria.

Long live the land of the rising sun
!
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by princeparis(m): 2:54pm On Jul 19, 2009
@fayahsoul. Have you forgotten you were defeated. It is due to the magnamity of the Nigerian state you are not living in a POW or Concentration camp. So SHUSH.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by fayahsoul: 3:12pm On Jul 19, 2009
prince paris:

@fayahsoul. Have you forgotten you were defeated. It is due to the magnamity of the Nigerian state you are not living in a POW or Concentration camp. So SHUSH.

You can kill a revolutionary but you can't kill a revolution. . .
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by morganpat: 5:51pm On Jul 19, 2009
Hello All,
Having kept quite for a long time on issues concerning the Igbo nation and the rest of the so called "Nigerian people",i have decided to make my own comments on the the current Niger Delta struggle and the Federal Governments' Amnesty offer.Reference to the precolonial era, the Igbo's are the most progressive people in this part of the world.
This particular trait made Igbo's significant in the midst of other tribes around them and it has invariably brewed envy and jealousy in recent times. Owing to the intelligence and political nature of the Igbo's which made it difficult for the colonial masters to penetrate and rule the igbo's like other tribes in Nigeria to day,they instigated this envy and jealousy in the minds of other tribes against the igbo tribe. The indirect rule which they applied in other places didn't work out for them in igboland if not for the introduction of education. The Igbo's from inception didn't not buy the idea of the one country made up of incompatible tribes but were cowed into it by the amalgamation of the northern and southern protectorate by the Lord Fredrick Lugard in 1914. Having identified the igbos as the most vibrant,intelligent,smart and brave people, the whites were not comfortable with these traits and as such supports every action to suppress the progress of any igbo led course. These trait was significant in the life of Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe and co who worked to secure the present Nigeria from the hands of the colonial masters.
Having noted some salient points, i would like to make my comment on the issue of Niger Delta agitation for resource allocation and control and the issue of sabotage the Igbo's suffered in the hands of the so called Niger Deltans during the Biafran war.
Reference to Fredrick Forsight's witnesses to the foreign influences during the war and the self confession of the Igbo's betrayal by Niger Deltans by Elechi Amadi in his book "SUNSET IN BIAFRA". It was the intention of the rest of Nigeria that Igbo's be wiped of the surface of the earth,but that was aborted. If anyone feels that Igbos are arrogant because we work hard and make the wealth,that person is making a big mistake. Igbos are industrious, innovative,intelligent,exploratory,adventurous and so on. No one in Nigeria today that knew what happen between 1967 and 1970 would imagine the type of progress and achievement that have taken place round the whole igboland ,Nigeria,and the world.
Igbos have impacted positively to the development of this entity Nigeria even when they are not recognized and marginalized because of the War.
Is it in sports,commerce,manufacturing,aviation,shipping etc, we are excelling.
The Biafran was a fall out injustice meted on the igbos and still they did not first but fought in defence. Igbo has lost faith in the Nigerian nation in terms of equality and the so called federalism in principle, and has decided to cut their own cake wherever others are cutting theres.
I wish to emphatically note that Niger Delta is suffering their sabotage on the igbo's and will continue as far as igbos of today are concerned because they were decieved by Nigeria with peanuts,today Bakassi has been ceded to Cameroun because they want to wipe off igbos.
As far we igbo's are concern, we are happy,we are not arrogant but resourceful and industrious.
We are on the watch to witness how Niger Delta would fight their mini war and control their so called resources. Amnesty will not solve the problem of militancy and criminality in that region.
Niger Delta is just realizing what the Igbos saw before 1960 and they have to leave with it,almost all the Igbo states has discovered oil.

Our brothers in the Niger Delta do not regret ur mistakes because this is the beginning and another war will not be the option because it will be more devastating than the civil war of 1967. Lets ask our leaders to be sincere and develop our different areas.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 19, 2009
? ? ?
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Agbero1: 2:45am On Jul 20, 2009
NIce responses from Mr Jomo

Please where is MEND head office, i want to join. grin
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Beaf: 4:53am On Jul 20, 2009
Sky Blue:

If you don't fully understand what someone posted there is no shame in asking for clarity, again completely OP (off point). Firstly, not everybody will agree with you that MEND is credible hence if some might find hero or freedom fighters more beffiting a suitable comparison, allow others who will likely see comparisons with armed robbers as more beffitting to hold their own views.

With regards to your statement of the "second part in bold" as you refer to it, I would just leave it as this: the sarcasm was lost on you. The point I was trying to make was, do we now wait for formation of armed struggles for every single darn thing?

When you are quoted and caught pants down, you deny your own words straight away as sarcasm! shocked shocked shocked
You want to dance on two sides of the fence.

Sky Blue: Your second paragraph just threw up issues that were irrelevant to the discussion and post you berrated.
Hmmmm. The death of Saro Wiwa. . . "There was the Odi massacre with the loss of 2500 men, woman, children and babies. Odi was razed to the ground".

Your two faced words below only show that you are unhappy with MEND because you probably live in PH and would rather have them attack Abuja.
Sky Blue: I keep on asking when MEND will attack Abuja and by so doing, really shake up the federal goverment and show that they mean business, while potentially quickening the progress being sought in terms of correcting some of the injustices.
Sky Blue: Again, MEND, have you forgotten the way to Abuja?
Sky Blue: the issue has been the credibility of MEND. For me they still have a lot to answer for. The simple truth is that Port Harcourt has been unsafe for quite a while now as a result of the insecurity created by MEND.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Kobojunkie: 5:03am On Jul 20, 2009
Is it too much to ask that people spend time reading to understand what is typed ?? jeeezzz!!!
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Beaf: 5:12am On Jul 20, 2009
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Kobojunkie: 5:21am On Jul 20, 2009
Oh boy!!! here comes the usual !!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Abubakar Rimi Was Shot Death / Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps / How Obasanjo’s Third Term Agenda Affected Nigeria – Daniel !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.