Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,871 members, 7,810,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove (5577 Views)

President Jonathan & Patience At Jomo Kenyatta Airport / Gbomo Jomo (Henry Okah's Brother) Is Arrested? / Does Jomo Gbomo Really Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by kristos(m): 8:37am On Jul 20, 2009
i often hesitate to comment on the niger delta struggle and militancy, but there are some salient points that needs to be considered:
1. kidnapping potential investors and fellow citizens, does it help the niger delta agitation?

2. Bombing oil installations and spilling oil on your land , how does it affect the people in Government?

3. Making the niger delta region unsafe for habitation, does it affect Yaradua?

4. The ransome gotten from kidnapping and the money gotten from oil bunkering, what has MEND used it to do for those people they are agitating for?

I doubt the so called objectives of MEND and i think they are not totally representing the wishes of the niger delta people.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by SkyBlue1: 11:48am On Jul 20, 2009
Beaf:

When you are quoted and caught pants down, you deny your own words straight away as sarcasm! shocked shocked shocked
You want to dance on two sides of the fence.
Hmmmm. The death of Saro Wiwa. . . "There was the Odi massacre with the loss of 2500 men, woman, children and babies. Odi was razed to the ground".

Your two faced words below only show that you are unhappy with MEND because you probably live in PH and would rather have them attack Abuja.

What I typed is there for all to see, if you couldn't get the sarcsm linked to the obvious and intentional farce of armed struggle for every single problem in Nigeria even non functioning traffic lights as was purposely insinuated by me to highlight the ridiculousness of the situation then I can't help you. I feel no need to justify myself to you. Why did you only highlight the so called proposition I stated? Why did you not highlight the "how embarassing" or the sentence I put even previous to that which would obviously have shown I was being sarcastic? Its a pity all you could come up with was "you must be living in port harcourt" when you know nothing about me or where I am for that matter, instead of facing the points raised and reading to comprehend. All in all, as I said earlier, I already saw where this was going and saw the futility a few posts earlier. Please don't feel the need to respond to my posts I just don;t think I am in any way going to be interested anymore, I am not interested in arguement for the sake of it. Have a nice day.  smiley
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Nezan(m): 1:28pm On Jul 20, 2009
What is MEND really agitating for? To share in the oil money thieving, I guess undecided undecided
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Beaf: 1:29pm On Jul 20, 2009
Nezan:

What is MEND really agitating for? To share in the oil money thieving, I guess undecided undecided
di ode wen?
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 20, 2009
Sky Blue:

What I typed is there for all to see, if you couldn't get the sarcsm linked to the obvious and intentional farce of armed struggle for every single problem in Nigeria even non functioning traffic lights as was purposely insinuated by me to highlight the ridiculousness of the situation then I can't help you. I feel no need to justify myself to you. Why did you only highlight the so called proposition I stated? Why did you not highlight the "how embarassing" or the sentence I put even previous to that which would obviously have shown I was being sarcastic? Its a pity all you could come up with was "you must be living in port harcourt" when you know nothing about me or where I am for that matter, instead of facing the points raised and reading to comprehend. All in all, as I said earlier, I already saw where this was going and saw the futility a few posts earlier. Please don't feel the need to respond to my posts I just don;t think I am in any way going to be interested anymore, I am not interested in arguement for the sake of it. Have a nice day. smiley

I don't think he gets it. Just ignore the post.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2009
often hesitate to comment on the niger delta struggle and militancy, but there are some salient points that needs to be considered:
1. kidnapping potential investors and fellow citizens, does it help the niger delta agitation?

2. Bombing oil installations and spilling oil on your land , how does it affect the people in Government?

3. Making the niger delta region unsafe for habitation, does it affect Yaradua?

4. The ransome gotten from kidnapping and the money gotten from oil bunkering, what has MEND used it to do for those people they are agitating for?

I doubt the so called objectives of MEND and i think they are not totally representing the wishes of the niger delta people.

Your post is quite nice I enjoyed the question you posted, I’m from the Niger delta region and I’d love to answer your questions through my own view.

1. In as much as I don’t support the idea of kidnapping, but we have to agree that the act helped in bringing out the plight of the Niger delta to the awakening of the whole world, its so unfortunate that the act has been hijacked by criminals, but if you take a look outside Nigeria, you’d notice that kidnapping has been a means of airing out the plight of a people with a cause even the pirates of Somalia who kidnap sailors would tell you it is an act to draw the attention of the world to their plight, they suffer from ships who dump waste on their coastlines and also due to the instability of the country foreign seamen fish on their territories without regards to their sovereignty and they cant compete with these foreigners, Hamas kidnaps Israelis, the IRA did kidnap British soldiers, FARC rebels in Columbia kidnap government officials and foreigners as part of getting their desired attention. If not for these acts you probably would not have known that the Niger delta region suffers from untold hardship and that this struggle has been on even before the Biafran debacle.

2. The president is complaining that he would not be able to execute the 2009 budget in totality, this is due to the fact that less barrels of oil is being exported out due to the activities of the militants, now bombing those installations results to these, it’s a way to a means of getting the federal government to face the reality of the Niger delta situation and addressing it once and for all, with less money in the coffers of the government the less money they loot.

3. Its every governments right to provide security for its people its an indices of good governance if the fed govt cant provide that if this was a serious country its enough to get the electorate to kick the government out but trust Naija it might not affect Yar’adua but it affects the economy and when the economy is hurt the federal government is hurt maybe that would make them sit up and address the issues at stake.

4. Oil bunkering my dear is not perpetrated by these militants they just act as errand boys for the men in power who are really the ones in charge as for ransom gotten from kidnapping that I cant tell where its been used but I have never heard of them using it for the people they claim to fight for but they are always quick to tell you they use it to procure more arms for their struggle.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Kobojunkie: 3:54pm On Jul 20, 2009
babasoty:

Your post is quite nice I enjoyed the question you posted, I’m from the Niger delta region and I’d love to answer your questions through my own view.

1. In as much as I don’t support the idea of kidnapping, but we have to agree that the act helped in bringing out the plight of the Niger delta to the awakening of the whole world, its so unfortunate that the act has been hijacked by criminals, but if you take a look outside Nigeria, you’d notice that kidnapping has been a means of airing out the plight of a people with a cause even the pirates of Somalia who kidnap sailors would tell you it is an act to draw the attention of the world to their plight, they suffer from ships who dump waste on their coastlines and also due to the instability of the country foreign seamen fish on their territories without regards to their sovereignty and they cant compete with these foreigners, Hamas kidnaps Israelis, the IRA did kidnap British soldiers, FARC rebels in Columbia kidnap government officials and foreigners as part of getting their desired attention. If not for these acts you probably would not have known that the Niger delta region suffers from untold hardship and that this struggle has been on even before the Biafran debacle.

Has the actions of MEND really helped the people in the delta?

babasoty:
2. The president is complaining that he would not be able to execute the 2009 budget in totality, this is due to the fact that less barrels of oil is being exported out due to the activities of the militants, now bombing those installations results to these, it’s a way to a means of getting the federal government to face the reality of the Niger delta situation and addressing it once and for all, with less money in the coffers of the government the less money they loot.

The president is speaking of amnesty but at the end of the day not much is still being said about the PLIGHT of the people in the Delta.

babasoty:

3. Its every governments right to provide security for its people its an indices of good governance if the fed govt cant provide that if this was a serious country its enough to get the electorate to kick the government out but trust Naija it might not affect Yar’adua but it affects the economy and when the economy is hurt the federal government is hurt maybe that would make them sit up and address the issues at stake.

Even the latest crisis did not cause the president to do much, what makes you think this will?

babasoty:

4. Oil bunkering my dear is not perpetrated by these militants they just act as errand boys for the men in power who are really the ones in charge as for ransom gotten from kidnapping that I cant tell where its been used but I have never heard of them using it for the people they claim to fight for but they are always quick to tell you they use it to procure more arms for their struggle.

Oh boy!!
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by rookie(m): 8:26pm On Jul 20, 2009
Quote from: Beaf Today at 04:53:44 AM
Quote from: Sky Blue on Yesterday at 08:32:44 AM
If you don't fully understand what someone posted there is no shame in asking for clarity, again completely OP (off point). Firstly, not everybody will agree with you that MEND is credible hence if some might find hero or freedom fighters more beffiting a suitable comparison, allow others who will likely see comparisons with armed robbers as more beffitting to hold their own views.

With regards to your statement of the "second part in bold" as you refer to it, I would just leave it as this: the sarcasm was lost on you. The point I was trying to make was, do we now wait for formation of armed struggles for every single darn thing?

When you are quoted and caught pants down, you deny your own words straight away as sarcasm! Shocked Shocked Shocked

@ Beaf - while i thought you had a few good points, I'd have to say that i'm astonished you missed the "sarcasm" in Sky_blue's response to Obeledu's argument -
Quote from: Obeledu, July 18, 2009, 02:51 PM
If MEND can invest some of the money they made from stolen crude in some of their wards or even local government, i bet you they will win peoples support, not this mindles destruction of environment.

With all due respect, let me advice that moving forward you read posts in entirety to avoid embarrassments as such.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Nezan(m): 11:05am On Jul 21, 2009
Beaf:

di ode wen?
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 21, 2009
Has the actions of MEND really helped the people in the delta?
before the struggle of mend and other militant groups the people of the region have been crying out, saro wiwa cried out and was silenced, jasper adaka boro too but he was also silenced, we have come to realise that what would bring this issue out for the world to see and profer solutions is not just dialogue alone but also armed struggle, if it was dialogue do you think the fg would have given a hoot about the issue, as you can notice the armed struggle has brought the plight of the people to lime light so i believe the aim of mend either way has helped brought this burning issue to limelight.
Even the latest crisis did not cause the president to do much, what makes you think this will?

this is the first step i believe with a dwindling economy due to the shortage of crude for export and related to the destruction by mend everyone would sit up to address the issues at stake because it affects the both of us.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by DaLover(m): 2:30pm On Jul 21, 2009
I would like to start by saying that the actions of MEND have helped the Niger delta/Nigerian nation in the following ways
-It has greatly increased the global awareness on the nigerdelta issues,
-Federating units are begining to realise that laziness and dependence on monthly oil handouts is fading is not the way forward
-Days where of greedy Yoruba and Northerner domination of large chunks of the oil industry while nigerdeltans are pushed aside are numbered.

I am in full support of the strategy being deployed by MEND,
Please feel free to bomb where any point you feel would put pressure on the present youroba/hausa dominated federal government,
What do the crazy yoruba leaders mean by warning Mend, Lagos was developed with oil money at the same time the ND was being neglected,
These so call yoruba leaders have forgotten that yorubas dominate the Navy and Airforces presently bombing the hell out of villages in the ND, Maybe if all the yorubas in the Navy, airforce and Army were to dis-involve themselves from the ND military excecise then oil installations in the west will be left out, as if,

NigerDeltans did not at any point in history did not agree to conceed total control of oil resourses to the central government, this was done by a federal government which we all know has been controlled by Hausa/Yoruba domination. Hence if you call MEND people oil thieves, then the FG and others participation in the sharing oil money without the permission of the Nigerdeltans are also oil thieves,

MEND fighters may not be men of outstanding virtues, by our moral standards, but who do you think forms the ground soidiers in every army, certainly not those who we consider decent ones in the society,
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Ibime(m): 2:45pm On Jul 21, 2009
DaLover:

I would like to start by saying that the actions of MEND have helped the Niger delta/Nigerian nation in the following ways
-Federating units are begining to realise that laziness and dependence on monthly oil handouts is fading is not the way forward
-Days where of greedy Yoruba and Northerner domination of large chunks of the oil industry while nigerdeltans are pushed aside are numbered.

Please feel free to bomb where any point you feel would put pressure on the present youroba/hausa dominated federal government,
What do the crazy yoruba leaders mean by warning Mend, Lagos was developed with oil money at the same time the ND was being neglected,
These so call yoruba leaders have forgotten that yorubas dominate the Navy and Airforces presently bombing the hell out of villages in the ND, Maybe if all the yorubas in the Navy, airforce and Army were to dis-involve themselves from the ND military excecise then oil installations in the west will be left out, as if,

NigerDeltans did not at any point in history did not agree to conceed total control of oil resourses to the central government, this was done by a federal government which we all know has been controlled by Hausa/Yoruba domination. Hence if you call MEND people oil thieves, then the FG and others participation in the sharing oil money without the permission of the Nigerdeltans are also oil thieves,

MEND fighters may not be men of outstanding virtues, by our moral standards, but who do you think forms the ground soidiers in every army, certainly not those who we consider decent ones in the society,

GBAM!!!
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 21, 2009
DaLover:

This type of mindset from supposedly educated and moderate people from Niger Delta is what is fuelling this crisis and until we clear our minds and understand and appreciate the fact that this struggle have no tribal marks, we will not make any headway to resolve it.

Grandstanding like the one above will rather bring more untold hardship on the teeming masses of N/D, because when the push come to shove, it is in their backyard that the battle will be fought.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by citizenY(m): 3:43pm On Jul 21, 2009
FOOD FOR THOUGHT, IF TAMIL TIGERS CAN FAIL IN SRI LANKA, I DO NOT SEE ANY SUCCESS IN WHAT MEND IS DOING. BUT THEN, THE GOVT
GO THE EXTRA MILE AND ENSURE THAT, CUMULATIVE/ COLLATERAL DAMAGE IS REDUCED TO THE BAREST MINIMUM. SUSTAINED HOSTILITIES
CAN ONLY PROLONG THE HARDSHIP AND DELAY THE DEVELOPMENT THAT MEND WANTS.

REMEMBER, TAMIL TIGERS HAD TERRITORY, PATRIOTIC FOLLOWERS AND WERE RUNNING SOCIAL SERVICES JUST LIKE ANY GOVERNMENT AND
WERE FIGHTING ON LAND, SEA AND IN THE MINDS OF SRI LANKANS.THEY FABRICATE THEIR WEAPONRY ALSO.

I HAVE NOT EVEN SEEN SIGNS OF A ROBIN HOOD IN MEND AND NEITHER HAVE I SEEN A GENERAL MARSHAL IN YAR'ADUA. THIS LAME DUCK GOVERNMENT
NEEDS HELP AND THEY HAVE MURDERED SLEEP BY THE SENSELESS RIGGING AND MANIPULATION OF THE ELECTORAL PROCESS. BY SO DOING, THEY HAVE
DENIED NIGERIA THAT MIX OF RESOURCEFULNESS, DIVERSITY ,CREDIBILITY IN ALL LEVELS OF GOVERNMENT.

OUR POLITICIANS MUST ENSURE THAT THIS MATTER IS RESOLVED OR ELSE, 2011 WILL BE TOUGH.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Kobojunkie: 3:50pm On Jul 21, 2009
DaLover:

-Days where of greedy Yoruba and Northerner domination of large chunks of the oil industry while niger deltans are pushed aside are numbered.

I appreciate your choosing to respond to that question in the way you did, but I still do not see how what you have stated above translates into the reality of the people of the delta today. You have yet to state how this is actually HELPING the people of the Niger Delta. There plight remains the same. When MEND finally takes down the economy, the Niger Deltans will certainly not be immune to the problems that arise as a result.

I think over the years, we have learnt that global awareness does not necessarily translate into positive CHANGE for people. I mean the lessons Burma, Somalia, Sudan, Zimbabwe should serve as examples.

That we have been laden with dingbats as politicians does not been we should turn to criminal behaviour to gain justice in our situation. We all know it never ends well for any involved.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by nex(m): 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2009
I don't blame these people. It is because Fashola did not bomb Bayelsa state back. They forget that in practising the true federalism they are fighting for, a state has the right to defend itself against foreign enemies and to Lagos state, we Niger Deltans are foreigners.

Look at the rubbish that pork brained terrorist is spewing with confidence. Let them go and bomb an installation in Sokoto state and see what will happen to them. The bloody cowards keep punishing our own people and the friends and supporters of our people yet they claim to be freedom fighters. Whose freedom? The only people that are free from of being kidnapped, free to live their daily lives without fear of being bombed or contaminated with chemicals from bombed pipeline, free from rampaging cultists killing in the streets and drawing danger to their lives are still the people of the North.

If they claim that the plan of the North is to oppress and deprive us, then I see no reason why the Caliphate should not rest now because MEND is carrying on where they left off.

How many times have the Hausas agitated against Southerner and gone to start bombing the Fulani in Sokoto or the Kanuris in Maiduguri?

My greatest fears have been confirmed. We are mad!
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by youngies(m): 5:47pm On Jul 21, 2009
nex:

I don't blame these people. It is because Fashola did not bomb Bayelsa state back. They forget that in practising the true federalism they are fighting for, a state has the right to defend itself against foreign enemies and to Lagos state, we Niger Deltans are foreigners.

I never knew Fashola has an army or a militia undecided
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Beaf: 6:01pm On Jul 21, 2009
nex:

~~~

Damn!
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by nex(m): 6:06pm On Jul 21, 2009
Okay O! So you were not there when Tinubu was agitating for state police? When he could not get that, he recruited some area boys and ex-OPC members, gave them green uniforms and called them KAI. He recruited some more, gave them yellow on oxblood and called them LASTMA, there are others he gave pink uniforms, white on green uniforms etc. All of these are under state command.

Which militia? Fashola has a MILITARY!
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by DaLover(m): 6:11pm On Jul 21, 2009
@ilugunboy
What exactly is grandstanding?
This government(and the rest of nigeria) have proven beyond reasonable doubt that the only language understood is violence, the facts speak for them selves,

Maybe you prefer me to write fairly tales about how all ethnic groups will one day dance around a camp fire, clap hands and sing kumbaya

The truth is that Nigeria exist only because of oil and not because we love each other.

MEND have resorted to use violence to apply pressure that years of patience, conferences etc could not make the rest of nigeria see,

I agree that there is a risk Nigeria may end up like somalia, ethopia etc, but it baffles me why people will blame the hopeless youths violently agitating for their rights as the cause of this, instead of those who created the enviroment of injustice and unfairness,

Deep down in your hearts we know that the ruling class of hausa and yoruba elite r not ready to change the status quo, the hausa r determining the public sector oil contracts and resourses from Abuja and the yorubas, the private sector oil economy from lagos,

In this nation of twisted logic, Someone even had the guts to ask y Asari dobubo should be wealthy from oil in his backyard, when we have people like otedola, obj, sultan to mention a few that have raked in billions from the same oil,

Is it fair?
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Beaf: 6:31pm On Jul 21, 2009
rookie:

When you are quoted and caught pants down, you deny your own words straight away as sarcasm! Shocked Shocked Shocked

@ Beaf - while i thought you had a few good points, I'd have to say that i'm astonished you missed the "sarcasm" in Sky_blue's response to Obeledu's argument - .

With all due respect, let me advice that moving forward you read posts in entirety to avoid embarrassments as such.

Thanks rookie. I'm 100% aware of Sky_blue's words, but more specially, his intent. If you have grown up in the Niger Delta, then the sort of arguments he was very forcefully making, either sound callous or wicked (please note that I am not saying he is either).

I will close by giving summary from one African NGO;
the Niger Delta is 'one of the world's most severely petroleum-impacted ecosystems and one of the top five most polluted places on the face of the Earth.' More than 1.5 million tons of oil, equivalent to one Exxon-Valdez disaster every year for 50 years, have spilled into the delta, poisoning delicate mangrove and rain forest ecosystems and destroying fishing and farming livelihoods. Constant gas flaring releases toxic chemicals into the atmosphere, causing cancer, birth defects, respiratory diseases, and acid rain so toxic it corrodes metal roofs.

‘from 1999 to date, more than 20 communities have been wiped out completely and more than 50 000 persons killed by military bullets and no one is saying anything about it.

http://www.pambazuka.org/en/category/comment/57769/print

The Niger Delta crisis has also put Nigeria on the failed states list; yes, that is how we are seen internationally. Yet we still find time to put out lame arguments in the face of overwhelming proof.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Ibime(m): 7:05pm On Jul 21, 2009
nex:

Look at the rubbish that pork brained terrorist is spewing with confidence. Let them go and bomb an installation in Sokoto state and see what will happen to them. The bloody cowards keep punishing our own people and the friends and supporters of our people yet they claim to be freedom fighters. Whose freedom? The only people that are free from of being kidnapped, free to live their daily lives without fear of being bombed or contaminated with chemicals from bombed pipeline, free from rampaging cultists killing in the streets and drawing danger to their lives are still the people of the North.

If they claim that the plan of the North is to oppress and deprive us, then I see no reason why the Caliphate should not rest now because MEND is carrying on where they left off.

How many times have the Hausas agitated against Southerner and gone to start bombing the Fulani in Sokoto or the Kanuris in Maiduguri?

Dnex, will you stop spitting bunkum?. . . . and stop using "we" like you are part of Niger-Delta. . . . you are not Naija-Delta and have never been, so stop acting like an insider, you bloody impostor  grin. . . . . I understand Bini boys dey kidnap pass PH boys now sef. . . . so which part of your Bini boys have anything to do with MEND?
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by BlackRevo: 8:29pm On Jul 21, 2009
Beaf:

Thanks rookie. I'm 100% aware of Sky_blue's words, but more specially, his intent. If you have grown up in the Niger Delta, then the sort of arguments he was very forcefully making, either sound callous or wicked (please note that I am not saying he is either).

I will close by giving summary from one African NGO;
the Niger Delta is 'one of the world's most severely petroleum-impacted ecosystems and one of the top five most polluted places on the face of the Earth.' More than 1.5 million tons of oil, equivalent to one Exxon-Valdez disaster every year for 50 years, have spilled into the delta, poisoning delicate mangrove and rain forest ecosystems and destroying fishing and farming livelihoods. Constant gas flaring releases toxic chemicals into the atmosphere, causing cancer, birth defects, respiratory diseases, and acid rain so toxic it corrodes metal roofs.

‘from 1999 to date, more than 20 communities have been wiped out completely and more than 50 000 persons killed by military bullets and no one is saying anything about it.

http://www.pambazuka.org/en/category/comment/57769/print

The Niger Delta crisis has also put Nigeria on the failed states list; yes, that is how we are seen internationally. Yet we still find time to put out lame arguments in the face of overwhelming proof.

Can someone tell me any part of nigeria that is facing even up to 5 percent of the above problems?

I think it is time mend changes from federalism to outright secession.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 21, 2009
Smasher

@dreamara, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala hails from Ogwashiuku, Delta state(Niger Delta) so dont claim she is an Igbo person.

Ogwashiuku itself is an Igbo word

Igbo is not a geopolitical zone, the word represents a tribe and the language spoken by it.

There are Igbos in delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Benue
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by fayahsoul: 9:37pm On Jul 21, 2009
MEND should know better than to fight for a so-called "true federalism" in nigeria of all places. lol.

How can they still want to be a part of an entity that seeks to eat them whole?

What happened to the aburi accord? even though the breach and dumping of that accord was done 40 yrs ago by a military regime, we can see that those same irredeemable monkeys of yesteryears still run things but now they are disguised in civilian attire.

Nothing has change. Faces change but the game remains the same. In fact things are much worse now.

The struggle is not just one of resource control but one of survival and self-preservation.

Do you know what it will take to restructure nigeria into a so-called true federal system?
Please, nigeria can't even conduct a simple free and fair election takless of true federalism.

MEND should join the movement for secession and sovereignty if you want a future for your children. Nigeria is a lost cause. period
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by papaejima: 10:27pm On Jul 21, 2009
i have been reading what people posts here and they are simply dis-heartning.ethnic bigots have hijacked this forum and NL and turned it into a very unhealthy place.NL have lost its shine,brilliance and allure cos of pple who thinks that they know when infact they dont know their dicks from their penis.someone all in the name of posting or looking for something to say actually posted that the igbos have anything to do with MEND`s bombing of the atlas cove in lagos,he also alluded that the owner of the newspaper that broke the news is an igbo man. conclusion- igbos`conspiracy to cause problems between the FG and ND.someone else was vocal in asking what the contributions of the igbos has been in the animal kingdom called nigeria before independence and till date.so i see NL as a waste of my time.pple who doesnt know u will want to insult u,foreigners will claim to be nigerians and be heaping insults on u. bt the funniest part of it is that of the igbos trying to create problems btw fg and nd militants.what kind of brain will come up with that kind of thought if not a deranged and sick mind. it reminds me of the Abacha regime then and a man called Wada Nas, aka the minister for NADECO. anything that ever happend in nija then was blamed on NADECO.That is what "many emergency delta lovers on NL" are doing to the igbos and biafra. i dont have the time to be part of something as childish and stupid as this.am outa here.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by okokomeji: 11:43pm On Jul 21, 2009
fayahsoul:

MEND should know better than to fight for a so-called "true federalism" in nigeria of all places. lol.

How can they still want to be a part of an entity that seeks to eat them whole?

What happened to the aburi accord? even though the breach and dumping of that accord was done 40 yrs ago by a military regime, we can see that those same irredeemable monkeys of yesteryears still run things but now they are disguised in civilian attire.

Nothing has change. Faces change but the game remains the same. In fact things are much worse now.

The struggle is not just one of resource control but one of survival and self-preservation.

Do you know what it will take to restructure nigeria into a so-called true federal system?
Please, nigeria can't even conduct a simple free and fair election takless of true federalism.

MEND should join the movement for secession and sovereignty if you want a future for your children. Nigeria is a lost cause. period

@Fayahsoul or Fatalsaboteur
Since MEND has publicly re-affirmed you that no secession plans, would you get over it please? If you want to bring your secession war, you better bring it now and get your twice beaten; rather than climbing MEND as your ladder to achieve your quixotic dreams. I laughed my ass-off, when I saw in the news; some "OGOGORO" sunken-ass looking outlaws who called themselves Biafrans, waving Biafailed flags at Obama. He just looked at them and snubbed. I was shocked not to see bigger-ass pot bellies among them, all I see was hungers with gaunt looks and tussle hairs; these are people who had a misplaced priority and a bunch of strong cowards (who save minutes and waste their precious hours).
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Kobojunkie: 1:07am On Jul 22, 2009
DaLover:

The truth is that Nigeria exist only because of oil and not because we love each other.
Not sure I have ever read anywhere that in order for a country to exist in peace, the people must love each other.
DaLover:

MEND have resorted to use violence to apply pressure that years of patience, conferences etc could not make the rest of nigeria see,
Violence is criminal. When one resorts to crime, one’s fight becomes null, and whatever causes existed become irrelevant.

DaLover:

I agree that there is a risk Nigeria may end up like somalia, ethopia etc, but it baffles me why people will blame the hopeless youths violently agitating for their rights as the cause of this, instead of those who created the enviroment of injustice and unfairness,
Should we also praise the youths who turn to armed robbery and murder as well?

DaLover:

Deep down in your hearts we know that the ruling class of hausa and yoruba elite r not ready to change the status quo, the hausa r determining the public sector oil contracts and resourses from Abuja and the yorubas, the private sector oil economy from lagos,

Arrgh!! So your argument comes from ethnic bias then? Makes sense now!

DaLover:

In this nation of twisted logic, Someone even had the guts to ask y Asari dobubo should be wealthy from oil in his backyard, when we have people like otedola, obj, sultan to mention a few that have raked in billions from the same oil,
Is it fair?
The only twisted logic we get is that which we get from people who choose to justify criminal acts claiming it is right when legally it is not. Nigeria is not a nation of twisted logic, more a nation of twisted minds – from the very people on the streets to those in leadership – everyone seems ever so willing to bend the rules when it favours him or her, but at the end of the day, the same expect fair treatment from others. How come?
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by fayahsoul: 4:59am On Jul 22, 2009
okokomeji:

@Fayahsoul or Fatalsaboteur
Since MEND has publicly re-affirmed you that no secession plans, would you get over it please? If you want to bring your secession war, you better bring it now and get your twice beaten; rather than climbing MEND as your ladder to achieve your quixotic dreams. I laughed my ass-off, when I saw in the news; some "OGOGORO" sunken-ass looking outlaws who called themselves Biafrans, waving Biafailed flags at Obama. He just looked at them and snubbed. I was shocked not to see bigger-ass pot bellies among them, all I see was hungers with gaunt looks and tussle hairs; these are people who had a misplaced priority and a bunch of strong cowards (who save minutes and waste their precious hours).

MASSOB has way more physical, financial and human assets than MEND but dullards like u fail to overstand that looks can be deceiving.

I hope that u and the likes of u keep on taking biafrans as a joke because it's all done to our advantage as we build strenght.

And don't forget that there are many biafran indigenes in niger-delta so either part or all of ND is coming with us. grin

A lot of biafrans are currently in collaboration with MEND behind the scenes. . .their spokes man is igbo.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by fayahsoul: 5:05am On Jul 22, 2009
For the rest of you spiteful nigerians who think biafrans and MASSOB are a "terrorist" group here is a message from the UN:

UN Resolution A/61/295 states:

Article 2
Indigenous peoples and individuals are free and equal to all other peoples and individuals and have the right to be free from any kind of discrimination, in the exercise of their rights, in particular that based on their indigenous origin or identity.

Article 3
Indigenous peoples have the right to self-determination. By virtue of that right they freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development.

Article 4
Indigenous peoples, in exercising their right to self-determination, have the right to autonomy or self-government in matters relating to their internal and local affairs, as well as ways and means for financing their autonomous functions.

Article 5
Indigenous peoples have the right to maintain and strengthen their distinct political, legal, economic, social and cultural institutions, while retaining their right to participate fully, if they so choose, in the political, economic, social and cultural life of the State.

Article 6
Every indigenous individual has the right to a nationality.

I rest my case.

Long live the land of the rising sun
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by okokomeji: 5:50am On Jul 22, 2009
fayahsoul:

MASSOB has way more physical, financial and human assets than MEND but dullards like u fail to overstand that looks can be deceiving.

And don't forget that there are many biafran indigenes in niger-delta so either part or all of ND is coming with us. grin

A lot of biafrans are currently in collaboration with MEND behind the scenes. . .their spokes man is igbo.

Jokes of no fun! It will be my joke of the day. Biafailed coming to clame a land on Western territory? Why you people always Biafailed Kobo wise and Nigerian naira foolish. I hope you act fast. Remember, God naturally divided us with water, as “Abokis” in Benue and Taraba already contained all the eastern land by ¾ you want to cross to the west? You make sure you dig mass grave and a lot of obituaries before you leave your eastern jungles ooo.
Anything Igbos want to do with MEND they should do it, you don't have to really snitch on your people, we are always ready.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by fayahsoul: 6:42am On Jul 22, 2009
okokomeji:

Jokes of no fun! It will be my joke of the day. Biafailed coming to clame a land on Western territory? Why you people always Biafailed Kobo wise and Nigerian naira foolish. I hope you act fast. Remember, God naturally divided us with water, as “Abokis” in Benue and Taraba already contained all the eastern land by ¾ you want to cross to the west? You make sure you dig mass grave and a lot of obituaries before you leave your eastern jungles ooo.
Anything Igbos want to do with MEND they should do it, you don't have to really snitch on your people, we are always ready.

God divided what? Igbos/biafrans were in the west prior to yoruba invasion so in fact that your oduduwa land is ours.

Biafran territory include: Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo. Then, there are Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River and Rivers as well as the Igbo speaking local government areas of Delta State. Ijaws are alwayz welcome to join is they so choose. A governing structure has already been agreed upon and our government is in exile.

And you loud mouthed cowards are not ready for us. if u were you wouldn't be scared shitless about the biafran movement
. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pat Utomi Officially Declares To Run As A Presidential Candidate In 2011 / Fg To Construct New Roads And Expand "trunk A" Roads Across Nigeria / Lagos To Get 60 Ferries As Fashola Inspects Prototype In Australia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.