Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,405 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove (5578 Views)

President Jonathan & Patience At Jomo Kenyatta Airport / Gbomo Jomo (Henry Okah's Brother) Is Arrested? / Does Jomo Gbomo Really Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by SkyBlue1: 6:48am On Jul 22, 2009
Beaf:

Thanks rookie. I'm 100% aware of Sky_blue's words, but more specially, his intent. If you have grown up in the Niger Delta, then the sort of arguments he was very forcefully making, either sound callous or wicked (please note that I am not saying he is either).

I will close by giving summary from one African NGO;
the Niger Delta is 'one of the world's most severely petroleum-impacted ecosystems and one of the top five most polluted places on the face of the Earth.' More than 1.5 million tons of oil, equivalent to one Exxon-Valdez disaster every year for 50 years, have spilled into the delta, poisoning delicate mangrove and rain forest ecosystems and destroying fishing and farming livelihoods. Constant gas flaring releases toxic chemicals into the atmosphere, causing cancer, birth defects, respiratory diseases, and acid rain so toxic it corrodes metal roofs.

‘from 1999 to date, more than 20 communities have been wiped out completely and more than 50 000 persons killed by military bullets and no one is saying anything about it.

http://www.pambazuka.org/en/category/comment/57769/print

The Niger Delta crisis has also put Nigeria on the failed states list; yes, that is how we are seen internationally. Yet we still find time to put out lame arguments in the face of overwhelming proof.

You couldn't comprehend a simple post from me and didn't see it fit to ask for clarity but you should be trusted with being able to form a reasonable view of something as developed as "intent"? Why not face the points and issues raised or just let it go instead of a developing pattern of going completely off point (personal opinion)? I never defended the federal government so no need to post on Odi Massacre, etc.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by paulwhite: 9:38am On Jul 22, 2009
People! see the writing on the wall. Somethings that should have been done a long time ago is what is being done now by MEND.We need more loud effect that will cause the rest of the world to step in this matter because it is by this moves we define our struggle for justice and equity.Infact this is the true process of rebranding Nigeria.

Remember there is no peace without war and there no cleansing without sacrifice.

MEND fire down till they(federal govt.) come to reasoning and see that they are on top not for them selves primarily but for the good and betterment of the Nigerian people.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 22, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Not sure I have ever read anywhere that in order for a country to exist in peace, the people must love each other. Violence is criminal. When one resorts to crime, one’s fight becomes null, and whatever causes existed become irrelevant.
Should we also praise the youths who turn to armed robbery and murder as well?

Arrgh!! So your argument comes from ethnic bias then? Makes sense now!

The only twisted logic we get is that which we get from people who choose to justify criminal acts claiming it is right when legally it is not. Nigeria is not a nation of twisted logic, more a nation of twisted minds – from the very people on the streets to those in leadership – everyone seems ever so willing to bend the rules when it favours him or her, but at the end of the day, the same expect fair treatment from others. How come?

Thanks Kobojunkie. I could not have responded better.

This folks are so worked up with sentiment that they are ready to justify any illegality on the part of these bandits.

For God sake!, we are not yet in a state of anarchy where everything is fair.

Even amongst criminals there should be rule of engagement.
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by youngies(m): 10:31am On Jul 22, 2009
ilugunboy:

Thanks Kobojunkie. I could not have responded better.

This folks are so worked up with sentiment that they are ready to justify any illegality on the part of these bandits.

For God sake!, we are not yet in a state of anarchy where everything is fair.
Even amongst criminals there should be rule of engagement.

In war nothing is fair.
Mend has for long proclaimed that they are at war with the FG
That is why words like 'ceasefire', 'amnesty' and 'rehabilitation' are being freely used in the quagmire
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 22, 2009
youngies:

In war nothing is fair.
Mend has for long proclaimed that they are at war with the FG
That is why words like 'ceasefire', 'amnesty' and 'rehabilitation' are being freely used in the quagmire

This is not yet a full blown war, at best it's an asymmetric war. I bet if the FG agreed to a full blown war, you will not be in a position to sit behind a computer. grin
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by simmy(m): 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2009
quote from earlier post
It is only the lazy people that always term hardworking people as arrogant. Remember the lazy world (arabs/muslims) often refer to Americans as arrogant. Yes, if being hardworking and money making oriented should be termed as arrogant, sorry, let us Igbos be such arrogant for life. It pays.

guy,,, you just made the point for gbomo whne he says u guys r arrogant. So ibos are naturally hardworking and evry1else is lazy abi? Americans are hardworking and Arabs are lazy abi? i hope you know the only part of the world at present that isnt seriously affected by the present recession is the arab world.

NB: i am neither south south or muslim nor arab
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by Nezan(m): 6:38pm On Jul 27, 2009
simmy:

quote from earlier post
It is only the lazy people that always term hardworking people as arrogant. Remember the lazy world (arabs/muslims) often refer to Americans as arrogant. Yes, if being hardworking and money making oriented should be termed as arrogant, sorry, let us Igbos be such arrogant for life. It pays.

guy,,, you just made the point for gbomo whne he says u guys r arrogant. So ibos are naturally hardworking and evry1else is lazy abi? Americans are hardworking and Arabs are lazy abi? i hope you know the only part of the world at present that isnt seriously affected by the present recession is the arab world.

NB: i am neither south south or muslim nor arab
grin grin grin
Re: Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove by WilyWily: 8:32pm On Jul 27, 2009
DaLover:

I would like to start by saying that the actions of MEND have helped the Niger delta/Nigerian nation in the following ways
-It has greatly increased the global awareness on the nigerdelta issues,
-Federating units are begining to realise that laziness and dependence on monthly oil handouts is fading is not the  way forward
-Days where of greedy Yoruba and Northerner domination of large chunks of the oil industry while nigerdeltans are pushed aside are numbered.

I am in full support of the strategy being deployed by MEND,
Please feel free to bomb where any point you feel would put pressure on the present youroba/hausa dominated federal government,
What do the crazy yoruba leaders mean by warning Mend, Lagos was developed with oil money at the same time the ND was being neglected,
These so call yoruba leaders have forgotten that yorubas dominate the Navy and Airforces presently bombing the hell out of villages in the ND, Maybe if all the yorubas in the Navy, airforce and Army were to dis-involve themselves from the ND military excecise then oil installations in the west will be left out, as if,

NigerDeltans did not at any point in history did not agree to conceed total control of oil resourses to the central government, this was done by a federal government which we all know has been controlled by Hausa/Yoruba domination. Hence if you call MEND people oil thieves, then the FG and others participation in the sharing oil money without the permission of the Nigerdeltans are also oil thieves,

MEND fighters may not be men of outstanding virtues, by our moral standards, but who do you think forms the ground soidiers in every army, certainly not those who we consider decent ones in the society,

Thank You Brother,
Our Freedom Fighters are ready to Strike any where in Nigeria, only waiting for a go ahead from our Commanders.
Days of Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani parasitic North and their Corrupt Western Nigerians are numbered.
We will keep killing their their Dirty Stinking Soldiers until they leave us alone.
MAY GOD BLESS ALL OUR FREEDOM FIGHTERS AND OUR DEAR LEADER SUPREME COMMANDER JOMO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Interactive Oil & Gas Map Of Nigeria - Lgtnigeria.com / Nigeria: From 1914 Until Date / Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.