Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

I Need Help Handling My Son! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Help Handling My Son! (10127 Views)

Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope / My Son's Birthday In Pictures. / My Son's Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Help Handling My Son! by mastermaestro(m): 1:49pm On Aug 25, 2016
Fascinating, insightful, productive, enlightening thread.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Handling My Son! by Mafio: 5:31pm On Aug 25, 2016
mastermaestro:
Fascinating, insightful, productive, enlightening thread.
Stop feeding him with sugary foods.
Re: I Need Help Handling My Son! by nathskib(f): 6:45pm On Aug 25, 2016
Op God bless you for posting this. Please don't forget the power of prayers. Always pray for him daily
Re: I Need Help Handling My Son! by JustHere2Observ(f): 10:13pm On Aug 25, 2016
6am to 7pm for a child is too much mental stress...change schools.
You should never back down when trying to make a point to a toddler, never. It only shows you are weak and that he can control you with crying and screaming.
Next time allow him cry and scream, he will become sober when he sees you are not backing down. Toddler stage is a very formative stage where a child tests his parents and his power over them. Be firm, reward good behaviors and punish wrong ones. If these do not work take him to see a psychologist.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Handling My Son! by revolt(m): 12:25pm On Aug 28, 2016
He needs his dad, that's all

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Handling My Son! by chigoizie7(m): 12:46am On Aug 29, 2016
pattybf:
it has come to the point I have to voice out. my 4yrs old son has become so sturbbon I find it difficult to handle him.

this boy doesn't listen to any scolding or threatening. I have used every way possible to talk to him to no avail. before I used to pet him, but I saw he wasn't responding well to dat. now I have to shout, threaten n beat him but d case is still the same.

u can't see him sit at a place for a moment, he is either climbing, destroying or pulling down something. I have even stopped helping him wt his homework as he will never pay attention, I have told his teacher to let him do them in class.

eating time is d same, he takes a spoon n run around n will never eat half of his food.

I am now almost d enemy of almost every mother in d compound bc of him, each time he's out playing wt other kids, it must result to fight n I have to defend him! even his younger bother is not safe around him.

I must always let him have his way, otherwise he will cry and scream all day until I get tired n let it go.

he leaves n comes back from school by school bus by 6am n comes back 6to 7pm, I was thinking of changing his school next session, since all my complains to d school hasn't changed anything, cos I think d time is too long for him. but the truth is that those hrs r my only peaceful times.

I love him a lot but the tot of his behaviour makes me very angry.

pls mothers n counsellors, who can advice me on how to tame this boy!

Those days, mum will flog us and once we start crying, she will lock us inside the children's room, so that we will have enough time to cry and scream as we wish, once we are tired, we will shut and start begging to come out. But she won't until she is satisfied. And once u are locked inside the room, that will be the time she will buy biscuit or Fanta for everyone except u. Once she opens the door, u will just see others either drinking or chewing and no one dares give u(else,the person will join u in the room)With time,we started dreading that approach of flog and lock inside, we started behaving well to avoid it.

May God punish u, that my mum will be scolding or flogging u when my papa is around, he will just take over from her, that man knows all the deadly punishments in the world, u dare not misbehave.

NB: once u stop crying, she will start coming to check up on u to make sure u are still ok, in the process, flaunting the biscuits or Fanta to ur face.

Op u need ur husband and stop calling to pet him to stop crying once the husband flogs him.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help Handling My Son! by pattybf(f): 7:03am On Aug 29, 2016
chigoizie7:

Those days, mum will flog us and once we start crying, she will lock us inside the children's room, so that we will have enough time to cry and scream as we wish, once we are tired, we will shut and start begging to come out. But she won't until she is satisfied. And once u are locked inside the room, that will be the time she will buy biscuit or Fanta for everyone except u. Once she opens the door, u will just see others either drinking or chewing and no one dares give u(else,the person will join u in the room)With time,we started dreading that approach of flog and lock inside, we started behaving well to avoid it.

May God punish u, that my mum will be scolding or flogging u when my papa is around, he will just take over from her, that man knows all the deadly punishments in the world, u dare not misbehave.

NB: once u stop crying, she will start coming to check up on u to make sure u are still ok, in the process, flaunting the biscuits or Fanta to ur face.

Op u need ur husband and stop calling to pet him to stop crying once the husband flogs him.

looks like something like this will work on him, I shall give it a try!

thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Handling My Son! by ardeypearlz(f): 12:27pm On Aug 29, 2016
Tocheagle:
Many are praying to be in ur shoes . Simply tie him to ur back all day long and dance atilogu . D boy go sleep

This though!! grin grin
Re: I Need Help Handling My Son! by toprealman: 6:46pm On Aug 30, 2019
pattybf:
it has come to the point I have to voice out. my 4yrs old son has become so sturbbon I find it difficult to handle him.

this boy doesn't listen to any scolding or threatening. I have used every way possible to talk to him to no avail. before I used to pet him, but I saw he wasn't responding well to dat. now I have to shout, threaten n beat him but d case is still the same.

u can't see him sit at a place for a moment, he is either climbing, destroying or pulling down something. I have even stopped helping him wt his homework as he will never pay attention, I have told his teacher to let him do them in class.

eating time is d same, he takes a spoon n run around n will never eat half of his food.

I am now almost d enemy of almost every mother in d compound bc of him, each time he's out playing wt other kids, it must result to fight n I have to defend him! even his younger bother is not safe around him.

I must always let him have his way, otherwise he will cry and scream all day until I get tired n let it go.

he leaves n comes back from school by school bus by 6am n comes back 6to 7pm, I was thinking of changing his school next session, since all my complains to d school hasn't changed anything, cos I think d time is too long for him. but the truth is that those hrs r my only peaceful times.

I love him a lot but the tot of his behaviour makes me very angry.

pls mothers n counsellors, who can advice me on how to tame this boy!

Introduce him to music and sports. He is hyperactive.
Re: I Need Help Handling My Son! by Nekky5(f): 7:12pm On Aug 30, 2019
I feel your pains madam but you have to calm down.most children about his age bracket are like that.I would advice you checkmate the kind of cartoon network he watches.trust me most of them tend to affect children in the negative.His school and the type of peers around him could be affecting him too.You also should try and bond well with them now because the home front is the primary form of socialization before extending to the formal setting which is the school system. Let me be spiritual now of which I feel should not be neglected. Tell God to help you in child parenting.He gave you that child and He knows how best to fix all the 'broken walls' .our children are exposed to different things especially at school but it takes the grace of God and much work from the parents to get it right.finally never out of anger open your mouth to say negative words against him rather always bless him and prophesy into his life. It will turn out well.
Re: I Need Help Handling My Son! by frozen70(f): 4:20pm On Aug 31, 2019
Pls take your a child to a family you trust and let him leave with then during holidays if you can't allow him to be schooling from their house.

When he is of age for secondary school, put him in a Catholic boarding home, he will come out reformed and gently
Re: I Need Help Handling My Son! by kayzat: 8:00am On Sep 02, 2019
pattybf:

looks like something like this will work on him, I shall give it a try!

thanks.

Good morning pattbf, how's our little champ doing now? I hope things are much more better with him? Regards to the whole family
Re: I Need Help Handling My Son! by pattybf(f): 9:25am On Sep 02, 2019
kayzat:

Good morning pattbf, how's our little champ doing now? I hope things are much more better with him? Regards to the whole family

Good morning. Oh wow, our thread is up again!

Oh yes, he is growing older coolbut I cant say he has changed that much. but i am channelling d energy to sports activities. Other times, he engages in watching cartoon.

Even his younger bro has joined him. Haven't been easy coping with d two active men grin

But d Lord has been my strength.

Thanks .

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Handling My Son! by kayzat: 11:46am On Sep 02, 2019
pattybf:

Good morning. Oh wow, our thread is up again!

Oh yes, he is growing older coolbut I cant say he has changed that much. but i am channelling d energy to sports activities. Other times, he engages in watching cartoon.

Even his younger bro has joined him. Haven't been easy coping with d two active men grin

But d Lord has been my strength.

Thanks .

Just don't relent and with time and as he's growing up he will be shedding those habits.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Punish My Husband For Betraying My Love / Accessories For Wife/spouse : Family / My Brother Want To Marry A Widow With Three Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.