Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,970 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . (8112 Views)

Superman Soldier Spotted In North East Battle Ground / Distance From Daura To Ogoniland / How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by asha2: 6:03pm On Jul 19, 2009
Moreover landownership in a corrupt Nigerian city such as Abuka is not a measure of success but rather a measure of how much the Igbos have benefitted from the slicing and dicing of the national cake by engaging themselves in corrupt dealings.

I hope Ruben Abati is listening.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by LadyT(f): 6:03pm On Jul 19, 2009
Did any of you guys read the article?
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by NegroNtns(m): 6:25pm On Jul 19, 2009
I thank you No2 and LadyT for taking time and spending effort to read the article.  No one can read this article, understand it and still come down hard on Yorubas for the way we have always kept Igbos at a suspicious and safe distance, not wanting any close intimacy with them.  Neither can one blame the Hausas, after reading this article, in the manner in which they lost their sensibilities and went on rampage to avenge the savage killing of their kinsmen. . . athough their own retaliation in some instances were quite extreme.

I came in contact with this document a while back. . . but I did not think it was appropriate for this forum.  However, recent events here have convinced me to believe that the Igbos are just as arrogant today as they were in the 60s.  God forbid that they should again assume control of key political positions as they did in 60s, then we all would indeed be history.  My children need to know who their fellow countrymen are and my grand children need to know too and their children. . .and down history lane I ned to pass it on.

Nuzo and Ibime,  I will respond to your points in due time. . . you know me, I have answers for you. . .but this is not it.  

Igbos are quick to point to the occassion in Kaduna where it was reported that in the counter coup of July 66, Hausa men murdered pregnant Igbo women cutting the baby out of the mother.  Hey, now we know where they learnt the tactic. . .from the Igbos.  We also know now why it was only done in Kaduna, even though the counter coup was nationwide.  The Igbo coup plotters sent to assassinate Ademulegun in Kaduna in January 66 were also instructed to kill his pregnant wife.  For months after the bloodshed, the room was left intact as evidence to show what the barbaric Igbos did to a woman with child in her womb.  So when the Hausas in Kaduna started their own carnage few months afterward they used that same method in an unfortunate and unforgiving way to murder pregnant Igbo women.  Very sad. . . very sad!!  So Igbos should never have no legitimate right to whine to yorubas about victimization.  No, you victimized yourselves, . . The Ademulegun's case is a good but one example out of many.

The saliva you spit up. . . its coming back down to hit you in the face!!

This post is not tribalist. . . it is just the plain truth.  I did not challenge just Igbos to debate me on its merit, I challeged Hausa and Yoruba as well.  Anyone want to debate me on this topic, I am ready but you must firstread the article or I will defer your question or concern to an appropriate time out of the topic.

Again, No2. . . I watched and followed your responses. . . I am proud of you standing tall to the arrogance of barbaric souls.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by Afam(m): 7:14pm On Jul 19, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Again, No2. . . I watched and followed your responses. . . I am proud of you standing tall to the arrogance of barbaric souls.

Arrogance of barbaric souls? Hmm, coming from someone claiming not to be tribalistic and still ready to blame a race (the Igbo people) for what a few military men did. You may be proud of people that even kill innocent people just to assuage your ego or to help in increasing the hatred you have for a people.

Only tribal and ethnic bigots would shamelessly blame a whole ethnic group for the actions of military men and only God knows the type of hatred such people would imbibe in their children and grand children.

One good thing that has come out of this post is that people are at least making known their hatred instead of hiding them. Well done!
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by congoshine(m): 7:29pm On Jul 19, 2009
While everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion on /view of history,my question to the poster is. . . .WHAT'S THE POINT ?? 
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by Ibime(m): 7:39pm On Jul 19, 2009
I cant believe Negro Nuts is spitting such buffoonery. . . . I may agree that Nzeogwus coup was probably tribalistic. . . . but what that has to do with the general Igbo populace is beyond me. . . . and was the counter-coup against Ironsi et al not sufficient retribution?. . . . .yet, this braggat is here justifying the progroms. . . . and failing to draw a distinction between the counter-coup which occured in July '66 and the state-directed progroms which happened in September '66. . . .
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by Afam(m): 7:56pm On Jul 19, 2009
Ibime:

I cant believe Negro Nuts is spitting such buffoonery. . . . I may agree that Nzeogwus coup was probably tribalistic. . . . but what that has to do with the general Igbo populace is beyond me. . . . and was the counter-coup against Ironsi et al not sufficient retribution?. . . . .yet, this braggat is here justifying the progroms. . . . and failing to draw a distinction between the counter-coup which occured in July '66 and the state-directed progroms which happened in September '66. . . .

I tire ooo. This is deep seated hatred that the guy is letting off his chest after many years. Only God knows the damage such hatred has done to him.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by AloyEmeka9: 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2009
congoshine:

While everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion on /view of  history,my question to the poster is. . . .WHAT'S THE POINT ?? 
The point here is to propagate the anti igbo agenda and maintain it's steady flow as long as possible. If not, tell me why Biafra is coming up again after it has been beaten to death in nairaland. None of the progenitors of these threads are yet to ascertain whether the military actions of few igbos[since Delta igbos suddenly became igbo only in this case] should be used to judge igbos even though there were Yorubas that took part in the queue[apparently, the Yorubas heard that their kinsmen will be murdered yet they refused to inform them and went ahead with it]. If that is the case then, we should all hate hausas for the actions of IBB and Abacha. We should also hate Yorubas for the actions of Obasanjo especially in the ethnic cleansing of ijaws from Odi.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by Abagworo(m): 8:09pm On Jul 19, 2009
Hatred for Igbos is baseless.even if most of 1966 coup plotters were igbos,does the average igboman at home know much or even benefit from them?igbos have little interest in politics.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by AloyEmeka9: 8:18pm On Jul 19, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

I thank you No2 and LadyT for taking time and spending effort to read the article.  No one can read this article, understand it and still come down hard on Yorubas for the way we have always kept Igbos at a suspicious and safe distance, not wanting any close intimacy with them.  Neither can one blame the Hausas, after reading this article, in the manner in which they lost their sensibilities and went on rampage to avenge the savage killing of their kinsmen. . . athough their own retaliation in some instances were quite extreme.
Who said we didn't read the article?. I read it and just like every argument, there are two sides of the story. You obviously haven't read counter articles written by proigbo Biafran activists. Most of the claims like Zik heard it and stayed put abroad is hearsay because you don't know until Zik tells you for sure. It's like how people give accounts of michael jackson after his death because apparently, they are 'his' friends even though they have an agenda.   Now I ask you as a learned person, is Biafra and ethnic bigotry the problem in Nigeria?. Since Yorubas and hausas touch igbos with a 10 foot pole, should they be better off if igbos are separated from them?. Many Yoruba statesmenn have been murdered lately during elections, are the heinous igbos also responsible for that? If not, should the Yoruba ethnic group  hold the tribe responsible for those killings ransom and excommunicate them?

I came in contact with this document a while back. . . but I did not think it was appropriate for this forum.  However, recent events here have convinced me to believe that the Igbos are just as arrogant today as they were in the 60s.  God forbid that they should again assume control of key political positions as they did in 60s, then we all would indeed be history.  My children need to know who their fellow countrymen are and my grand children need to know too and their children. . .and down history lane I ned to pass it on.
Igbos ruled Nigeria pre Biafran war, is the post Biafran leadership better than the pre Biafran era?. From you statement above, you are comfortable with the way our govt is handling our business in Nigeria starting with every non igbo official in the govt?. At least you are a learned man and I think education broadens the mind and gives us the ability to ignore certain things. If you believe your mind is developed more than a 5th grader, shouldn't you be mobilizing Nigerian youths for a better leader irrespective of tribe or religion so they can have a better tomorrow than the ones we have instead of propagating division towards ethnic lines?. You think your hatred for igbos is not mutual from your likes on the other side?. And stop speaking for the hausas, irrespective of the continuous wars between us, their presence in the east is more beneficial to igbos because they invest more than the Yorubas that will always initiate tribalism and suspicion in everything.

So Igbos should never have no legitimate right to whine to yorubas about victimization.  No, you victimized yourselves,  . . The Ademulegun's case is a good but one example out of many.
Igbos have never said in their life before that Yorubas victimize them, they claim was that they betrayed them. There is a difference between the two words.

The saliva you spit up. . . its coming back down to hit you in the face!!
Thank you for a nice props into one Nigeria and divided we shall fall. And thank God over 90% of Hausas and Yorubas do not reason like you. So, why worry.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by lelele: 8:37pm On Jul 19, 2009
@all
Please since wen did yorubas start 2 create hate posts on dis forum? please stop dis, everyone knos we are Nigeria's peacemaker ( we are 2 enligthened for all this rubbish). Please so wat if awolowo did somtin in 1966( who cares ??) lets live and move on, develop ourselves, go 2 d rite skools and position ourselves for the right opportrunities in naija ( listen if u dnt do well in uni, no one employ u just cos u are yoruba). Evry1 knos dat wat we care abt is personal development, so get yrsef totally into dat and 4get Igbo or Hausa or yoruba talk ( Bak 2 wok now pls). Ise ya omo yoruba ise ya.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by AloyEmeka9: 8:40pm On Jul 19, 2009
lelele:

@all
Please since wen did yorubas start 2 create hate posts on dis forum? please stop dis, everyone knos we are Nigeria's peacemaker ( we are 2 enligthened for all this rubbish). Please so wat if awolowo did somtin in 1966( who cares ??) lets live and move on, develop ourselves, go 2 d rite skools and position ourselves for the right opportrunities in naija ( listen if u dnt do well in uni, no one employ u just cos u are yoruba). Evry1 knos dat wat we care abt is personal development, so get yrsef totally into dat and 4get Igbo or Hausa or yoruba talk ( Bak 2 wok now pls). Ise ya omo yoruba ise ya.
I will buy you a drink next time I see you. 5 stars.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by olabukola: 9:06pm On Jul 19, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Dont Be decieved,
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by LadyT(f): 9:31pm On Jul 19, 2009
From reading the article it is clear and apparant that Jan 15th Coup was no Igbo officers alone there were also Yorubas there.

BUT Ironsi should have acted when he had the chance. But he also had other ideas once he had taken power thru the wrong means. There was no betrayal if you ask me people decided to do what would benefit them!

At the end of the day its the normal igbo men and women who suffered because of the acts of a stupid few.
Sadly some igbo army nutcases decided to speak for the masses. Hausas got pissed off and fought back. It somehow became a Hausa and Igbo thing. The real innocents were the civilians.

The amount of miscommunication involved in the whole mess was unreal I mean seriously!
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by ikeyman00(m): 9:43pm On Jul 19, 2009
Quote from: No2Atheism on Today at 10:05:43 AM
Yep i know and i agree with your views about the fact that problem runs deeper. The point i am trying to make is that Igbos started the blood letting amongst the tribes. Before that times it was more or less just socio-political rivalry.

What happened in 1966 completely changed the face of the game, from merely socio-political to pure outright bloodletting via the use of the military.

Like someone rightly asked, "are you aware of 1953 riots in Kano?" or are just picking from the date it suits you to condemn the Igbos.
Let us even suppose that the 1953 riots did not happen, would it be right for a sane being rope an entire tribe into the 1966 coup? Or are you just trying so hard to to hang the Igbos for reasons you are yet to make clear?

Quote from: No2Atheism on Today at 10:05:43 AM
You are confusing me with some other people.

Maybe its because you are not steady and clear with your facts just like most Igbo bashers on Nairaland. Your point and direction keep changing from one comment to another.

I do not hate the igbos otherwise i would not have joked that i could marry one. Remember i willing choose to live amongst Igbos even when i had the choice not to

Since it is a joke, it is even a good reason to believe that you hate the Igbo for nothing.
However, whether you choose to marry, live, love, hate, kiss the Igbos. Trust me on this; most Igbos wont lose sleep over that.

I am not against Biafra, what i am against is the victim card the igbos tend to play (which has now been shown to be unfounded cus they started the blood letting themselves in 1966)

No, it started as far back as 1948 with the Yorubas and 1953 with Hausas. Please take your time to find out the causes.

I have said countless number of times that Yorubas (including me) do not care if Igbos secede or not, its the corrupt leaders that are against that of which Igbos are also part of the corrupt leaders so stop deceiving urself into thinking that Yorubas are the ones stopping ur considering that Igbos have participating and benefitting from the sharing of the national cake with little or nothing to show for it either in terms of Biafra or in terms of development in Igbo land.

This is a big fat lie. The lie started way back after Aburi accord.
On the other statement, you sound as if the Yorubas and the Hausas who have benefitted more from the national cake have more to show for it in terms of development in their lands.

The issue here is that Igbos have started to repeat the same mistakes Biafra war, and 1966 whereby they are seeking to achieve their aim by any means possible without regards to the fact that its not possible to do so considering that no Ethnic group would sit down and watch their own interests trampled upon by Igbos.

As much as I will love to see a prosperous and fair Nigeria, I want to know your interest that will be trampled upon if Biafra comes alive?
And who told you that the proponents of Biafra are singing war like the old Biafra?

I do not seek your respect, hence it is of no consequence to me, people that know me on the religious threads no that i am not one that shies away from saying the truth even if its not in my own personal interest to do so

Dont worry about that, it is part of my home training to respect those who tell you to your face how much they hate you even with credible reasons or even reasons they are guilty of. It is my choice and not your choice.
As for your religion; those who know me know that I dont give a shit about the hypocrisy abound in it. In other words, I dont give a damn what you feed your gullible flock.

The truth in this case is that Igbos bleeped up in 1966 end of story. Does that mean Hausa did not mess up later on also , nope. Does that also mean Yorubas did not mess up later on also, nope.

How many Igbos are you talking about here and how does this number translate to the thinking of the the entire Igbos?

The point of discussion in this case is the event of 1966 how it has come to shape Nigerian history till then

The only point evident in this discussion is how much people hate the Igbos of which Igbos dont give a hoot about. Just give justice and fair play and the rest of nigeria can continue live their lives in hatred

more like it nuzu
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by AloyEmeka9: 9:45pm On Jul 19, 2009
olabukola:

Dont Be decieved,
It wouldn't hurt to buy him a drink for what he said. Why should I suspect he is setting a trap for me?. For what reason?
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by ikeyman00(m): 9:45pm On Jul 19, 2009
igbo haters this is obviously aint workin

that ve only put the poster in tight corner

Your precious reply is highly anticipated!!

hey poster take u time

i bet u never picture this precipipations abi
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by lelele: 10:03pm On Jul 19, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

I will b w8in 4 dat drink my brother, infact more dan w8ing, bt seriously 4get all those politicians, those guys are all the same they wuld trade their family for the contracts they get 4rm each otha, nt 2 talk of tribes. We r talkin abt people who use their kinsmen for rituals, so lets nt get it twisted ( dey dnt care abt us). Have u ever seen a politician's son engagin in tribal exchanges ( cos wen u r a member of d cabal u r loyal 2 d cabal, are we so quick 2 4get d roles hausa and igbos played in Obasanjo's 3rd term bid) or dnt we kno how D slow Yar'adua has bin quick 2 trade Ribadu and El-rufai( d peeps who worked 2 get him elected tirelessly ) for cheap criminals like Ibori and Odilli. Listen those guys are nt as intelligent as us, so lets stop insultin our own intelligence and 4get all dis puerile and infantile arguments. lets move on, presently i am ashamed i lived with Ghanians wen i first came 2 d Uk, and i used 2 boast dat we r d giants, bt look at our poor and nt 2 blessed neighbors, those guys are taking sure and steady steps( small small d snail is outrunning d lion in dis race ooooo) come next year lets get Yar'adua out and get a vibrant person in. we r dying as a country, very soon we wuld hav nothing 2 depend on. Please lets do it rite ( we r d future )
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by asha2: 10:13pm On Jul 19, 2009
lelele:

I will b w8in 4 dat drink my brother, infact more dan w8ing, bt seriously 4get all those politicians, those guys are all the same they wuld trade their family for the contracts they get 4rm each otha, nt 2 talk of tribes. We r talkin abt people who use their kinsmen for rituals, so lets nt get it twisted ( dey dnt care abt us). Have u ever seen a politician's son engagin in tribal exchanges ( cos wen u r a member of d cabal u r loyal 2 d cabal, are we so quick 2 4get d roles hausa and igbos played in Obasanjo's 3rd term bid) or dnt we kno how D slow Yar'adua has bin quick 2 trade Ribadu and El-rufai( d peeps who worked 2 get him elected tirelessly ) for cheap criminals like Ibori and Odilli. Listen those guys are nt as intelligent as us, so lets stop insultin our own intelligence and 4get all dis puerile and infantile arguments. lets move on, presently i am ashamed i lived with Ghanians wen i first came 2 d Uk, and i used 2 boast dat we r d giants, bt look at our poor and nt 2 blessed neighbors, those guys are taking sure and steady steps( small small d snail is outrunning d lion in dis race ooooo) come next year lets get Yar'adua out and get a vibrant person in. we r dying as a country, very soon we wuld hav nothing 2 depend on. Please lets do it rite ( we r d future )
Where you not the same person bashing in igbo thread
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by AloyEmeka9: 10:22pm On Jul 19, 2009
lelele:

True and very much true. The echelons in all the ethnic groups formed a Paris Club among themselves, throw tribal jargon to touts like Negrontns to deal with while they seat back and party with each other while quenching their thirst with champagne even though Negro Nations that helps them foster tribal politics can hardly afford pure water. These tribalists are what Fela called zombie. You can hardly pay your child's school fees, no energy, no future, no social security yet somebody is talking about politics along ethnic lines. The same thing that produced the Dafur, sierra leone, liberia etc in Africa. Of what good will it do to me if Yorubas and hausas languish in poverty in Nigeria and I expect them to reason that way about igbos because since a Yoruba man is stuck in this obodo Nigeria with me, nothing stops the angry ones to shoot me one day while robbing me. A hungry man is an angry man, if black people can think beyond themselves for once, they will know that it's even  threat for a neighboring nation to be poor while the other one is rich[check US/Mexico wahala]. Even if we have Biafra today, my wiush will be for Nigeria to do well because if they don't Biafra will spend the rest of her life dealing with illegal immigrants and same goes for Nigeria if Biafra fails. If I am assured a Sudanese or Russian native  will put Nigeria on the right path as a president, i will not hesitate to vote him in at the expense of my own twin brother.
Enough of these ethnic nonsense and jagbantis.

Question to negroNatns:

Obasanjo stole $16BN energy bill for himself and his family, did you get a share of that money even though you are his kinsman?. Did he even provide jobs for people from his village with his loot?. Did your hausa brothers who love you very much give you a share of IBB's $12BN loot or is IBB having fun alone with it?. Of what use is the presidency to your ethnic group?
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by lelele: 11:23pm On Jul 19, 2009
asha 2:

Where you not the same person bashing in igbo thread
I dnt kno d appropr8 respons 2 dis, cos i gave an unreserved apology, okay i made a joke in bad taste bt den b4 u guys even came wit yr guns blazing i said sry and if u read d posts well i always said one Nigeria, bt den i guess u r always gonna hold it against me if u want 2 ( Bt if it makes any difference sorry once again)

Aloy.Emeka:

True and very much true. The echelons in all the ethnic groups formed a Paris Club among themselves, throw tribal jargon to touts like Negrontns to deal with while they seat back and party with each other while quenching their thirst with champagne even though Negro Nations that helps them foster tribal politics can hardly afford pure water. These tribalists are what Fela called zombie. You can hardly pay your child's school fees, no energy, no future, no social security yet somebody is talking about politics along ethnic lines. The same thing that produced the Dafur, sierra leone, liberia etc in Africa. Of what good will it do to me if Yorubas and hausas languish in poverty in Nigeria and I expect them to reason that way about igbos because since a Yoruba man is stuck in this obodo Nigeria with me, nothing stops the angry ones to shoot me one day while robbing me. A hungry man is an angry man, if black people can think beyond themselves for once, they will know that it's even threat for a neighboring nation to be poor while the other one is rich[check US/Mexico wahala]. Even if we have Biafra today, my wiush will be for Nigeria to do well because if they don't Biafra will spend the rest of her life dealing with illegal immigrants and same goes for Nigeria if Biafra fails. If I am assured a Sudanese or Russian native will put Nigeria on the right path as a president, i will not hesitate to vote him in at the expense of my own twin brother.
Enough of these ethnic nonsense and jagbantis.

Question to negroNatns:

Obasanjo stole $16BN energy bill for himself and his family, did you get a share of that money even though you are his kinsman?. Did he even provide jobs for people from his village with his loot?. Did your hausa brothers who love you very much give you a share of IBB's $12BN loot or is IBB having fun alone with it?. Of what use is the presidency to your ethnic group?

For me i bliv dat d Fed govt has failed us, bt Nigeria's biggest failure are our local govts( those guys are supposed 2 affect ordinary guys lik u and i on a daily basis. If we can hold those guys accountable ( God bless Ribadu!) you will b suprised how we will move in d next 10 years.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by Afaukwu: 1:19am On Jul 20, 2009
THe poster is an ignoramus. There have been killings of southerners in the north before the 1966 coup. There was the Maitatsine (spelling?) riot in 1957 where Igbos were killed. Besides, there was a Yoruba among the 1966 coup plotters.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by oyinda3(f): 2:50am On Jul 20, 2009
lol. just found it ironic that it was ironsi (an igbo) that passed the unification decree.

I found this interesting:

"According to Norman Miners, the unitary concept advanced by Ironsi's advisers was more likely motivated by ideological, personal and economic agendas. In the book "The Nigerian Army 1956-66", he expresses the opinion that the theoretical foundations date back to the 1951 party congress of the NCNC. Indeed, the concept of federalism which we now all sing about, was regarded by columnists in the West African Pilot in the fifties as a colonial "divide and rule" contraption cooked up by Britain as a concession to the North after the April 1953 riots in Kano. The second plank upon which unification was built was the cost argument. Unification was economically cheaper than multiple layers of administration in the country - a position that was argued by Dr. Sam Aluko, a notable economist. The third plank was the personal motive factor. Unification offered southerners (including Igbos) vast new employment opportunities in the "northern frontier". The flip side of this was the provocation of morbid fear of domination in the North, fear which united hitherto antagonistic northern political constituencies."

would Nigeria have been in a better shape if we still had regional govts?
i'm not all that knowledgeable abt nigerian politics but trying to learn.

the article is long sef. still not done w/ it but it's very interesting though.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by Beaf: 3:28am On Jul 20, 2009
Negro_Ntns: I will defer your question or concern to an appropriate time out of the topic.

Thats the spirit, throw bombs and run

The officers that carried out the coup were almost 100% Igbo, but it would have been balanced if the article had provided the reasons why they were disgruntled. Igbo's led by Ironsi also put down the coup.
It is crazy to project today's Nigeria on the 60's. "Tribal" politics wasn't what it is today (Zic was the NCNC opposition leader representing Lagos 13 years earlier) and Nzeogwu was buried with full military honors in Kaduna.  That said, 30,000 Igbo were killed in the north. . . 30,000! shocked
I shudder at the carlousness displayed in the onesideness of the article. We ND people are the latest victims. NL really puts the way some Nigerians feel about others in stark perspective.

Lets forget the war and concentrate on what we are today.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by NegroNtns(m): 3:48am On Jul 20, 2009
Aloy,

Of everything you said this is the only thing that went in my ears.  

Igbos have never said in their life before that Yorubas victimize them, they claim was that they betrayed them. There is a difference between the two words

Please share with me how that betrayal occurred.  . . .and is what you are about to share a fact or an hearsay rumor passed from one person to other to mock Yorubas?

To let you and other Igbos know right now. . .I am not letting down until we resolve this animosity and falsehood you guys have about Yorubas.  You go around spreading falsehoods, to the point that other groups are beginning to believe in your falsehood.  Yoruba silence has not helped either.  I have the facts from a very reliable source talking about what the Igbos had planned to do. . . not just to Yorubas and Hausas but to other minority groups in East as well. Now you guys are telling Deltans that Yoruba is their enemy but are you aware that Niger Delta was the first region to successfully ceceed from Nigeria? Though it was short lived but they had declared their right to self determination and independence and this occurred under Ironsi. What did Ironsi do? He unleashed terror using Igbo military men to recapture the region and Isaac Boro was arrested and imprisoned until Gowon released him after the July 66 coup. Hausa leaders treated them unfairly, Yoruba leaders treated them unfairly, far more than any one else. . . Igbo leaders treated them unfairly. So stop your nonsense about Ijaws are your rothers and Yoruba and Hausa is stealing from them. . .rubbish! Igbos didn't steal from them? Igbops didn't oppress them and killed off or imprison their leaders? Hausa and Yoruba are not denying their part in the exploit and harrassment of the Ijaws. . . but Igbos are mongers of falsehood. Before you tell Ijaws who their enemy is you need to first tell them what part you played in denying them their independence from Eastern Nigeria.

Lady T,

What do you mean Yorubas were part of the coup? Please clarify.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by NegroNtns(m): 3:56am On Jul 20, 2009
The officers that carried out the coup were almost 100% Igbo, but it would have been balanced if the article had provided the reasons why they were disgruntled. Igbo's led by Ironsi also put down the coup.

The article offered the answer. To extractthe answer you must analyze the facts. Your analysis will give you the answers you eek. Do not be lazy and expect it to be done for you, this is not news article that is pre-manufactured and pre-packaged. . .what you see here is the output of a Federal investigation and report.

Lets forget the war and concentrate on what we are today

Tell that to the Igbos. When they yield I will stop uncovering their shameful secrets. As long they contiue their campaign against any tribe. . . Yoruba, Hausa, Ijaw, Tiv, Fulani. . . I will talk.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by Dede1(m): 4:17am On Jul 20, 2009
@Poster

I can not believe that tribal sentiments could drive seemingly intelligent individuals into a drooling ethnic irredentist. I had engaged Dr. Nowa Omoigui in a serious debate about his documentaries which spanned the length of Nigerian military history including the article titled “OPERATION AURE” as posted on this forum by Negro_Ntns.

As a matter of fact, I applauded the compilation of political and military events into documentaries by Nowa Omoigui but made him to understand that most of his write-ups were skewed in favor of Nigeria and particularly the northern region of Nigeria or outright falsehood.   

I would caution Negro_Ntns to thread softly on the Nowa Omoigui’s articles because the author is millions years away from sainthood but very much a hack writer. In addition, you are entitled to any conclusion you reached based on reading Nowa’s craps but do not join public debate relying on deliberated falsehood concocted by errand boy such as Nowa Omoigui.

Many knuckleheads in the jungle called Nigeria believed and may have sworn to the fact that Nigerian army in 1966 had only Five University Graduates (5) wearing Nigerian army uniform. I hope you will be surprised to learn that it was a gospel according to Nowa Omoigui who is Urhobo.

The articles did not list all the political parties in the first republic. There were obscure parties such as Ibadan People’s Party and Niger Delta Congress. 

There was no outright majority party in the first republic of Nigeria hence coalition government between NPC and NCNC. You might be surprise to know which parties were the coalition partners.

There was nothing such as North vs East political rivalry. It was more of political ideology than anything most people have insinuated.

Awolowo was imprisoned by British MI6, Northern Nigerian political machine of NPC and Yoruba peeps.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by Kobojunkie: 4:28am On Jul 20, 2009
Roflmao!!!!
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by NegroNtns(m): 4:46am On Jul 20, 2009
Dede,

Stop your lies! Please give the date and location where you talked to Dr Nowa. This is not Dr Nowa's fantasy. . .he is sharing what was indeed investigated by Federal Government and reported. Dr Nowa researched, obtained the facs and shared the report. If you want to contest the facts you go to Federal Government. But if you look closely you will notice that the report is substantiated accurately by many mouth sources who themselves were principal players in the coup or in unifrm at the time. So it is not a reserach document using one source. . . it sampled recollections and information from variety of people and sources and all were corroborated as accurate before it was published. Anyway, I still want to know what date you spoke with Dr Nowa, you shameless liar.

The articles did not list all the political parties in the first republic. There were obscure parties such as Ibadan People’s Party and Niger Delta Congress.

There was no outright majority party in the first republic of Nigeria hence coalition government between NPC and NCNC. You might be surprise to know which parties were the coalition partners.

There was nothing such as North vs East political rivalry. It was more of political ideology than anything most people has insinuated. Awolowo was imprisoned by British MI6, Northern Nigerian political machine of NPC and Yoruba peeps.

You are jumping the gun here. . . look at questions A through E in the entry post, I already made it clearthat all these questions will be answered here.

Sit back and listen. . .I will tell you how why what and who went where. Take a deep breath my friend. . . IN. . . now, OUT. . .
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by Dede1(m): 5:08am On Jul 20, 2009
Negro_Ntns

There is no reason to pick up a debate session with person who has previously displayed a wanton ignorance in public domain. It is people such as you, who would readily claim to have been educated, are making the jungle called Nigeria look silly.

On the provocation section of this your hole-in-the-ace article; the errand boy clearly stated that the song or record titled “Ewu Nebe Akwa” was released by Celestine Ukwa, a prominent Igbo musician. Unfortunately, the jackass did not know that Ewu Nebe Akwa was released by Cardinal Rex Lawson who was Ijo

Again, be careful what you believe about Nigeria. By the way, I had to sit back watch you make fool out of yourself. Rememeber the URL script.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by oyinda3(f): 5:29am On Jul 20, 2009
dede u seem to know this nowa dude so well. why do u call him errand boy? where and when did ur debate take place?
just curious. u write articles too? i would like to read one of ur articles.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by NegroNtns(m): 5:50am On Jul 20, 2009
So much for your false claim that this is not a true account.  Do not mislead people here with more Igbo falsehoods okay.  The cat is out of the bag, when I'm done talkin everyone here will know what kind of leader Azikiwe was, what plans Ironsi had for Nigeria and why he insisted on a unitary government and more improtantly what a coward Ojukwu was. . .abandoning command to save his neck.  In all, we shall see beginning in 1959 and culminating in 1966 how the three of them colluded to own Nigeria and dominate every tribe in it.

In a military offensive, no woman, except she is in combat gear and armed should ever be targeted.  Then to add that Ademulegun's wife was pregnant and her situation was known ahead in the plan and these people had no human feeling at all to spare her and her unborn child is beyond barbaric exhibition.  I dont care if its done by Igbo to Yoruba or Hausa to Igbo. . .it is despicable and cannibalistic.  But it is very insulting that the one who ivented the method should complain about the pains and agony of his pregnant sister in the hands of a dagger man.

This talk is not about intelligence. . . that's whiteman's brainwash to silence your voice and prevent you from exposing his atrocities, this is about enlightenement and TRUTH.  There is need for a counter voice to your falsehoods.  This is that voice.  People should read and make up their own mind independent of your solicitous opinion.   Besides I have a lot more information to share than you can imagine and I am not eve on the offensive yet.

Igbos said Awolowo is a betrayer, we are going to see who trully is a betrayer.  You call Yorubas cowards. . . we are going to see who is truly the coward. You call the Ijaws your brothers in the struggle. . . we are going to see how much you assisted their struggle when they declared independence and self rule under Boro.  We shall see how much hatred Zik had for Enahoro and Okotie Eboh. We shall understand why Awolowo was falsely accused and the motive behind his imprisonment. We shall see why Ojukwu opted for secession rather than participate in a Federation.

You just wait. . .we shall see.  I am not letting up steam on this issue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Soldiers Retreat As Angry Biafra Protesters Barricade Onitsha Headbridge(Pictur) / Release Nnamdi Kanu Or Risk Another Civil War, Lawmaker Warn Buhari / "Iara Oshiomole Files In For A Divorce" - Candy Stallwhat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.