Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,871 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! (8357 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland / Lagos-To-Calabar Railway Line Approved By FG - Sambo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by osteen(m): 7:58am On Nov 10, 2006
Same old story, Visit Calabar, Eat there food, Sleep wit there girls and u are hooked.

well best of luck too u, when money dry for ur hand u go bo wa se le
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by Shentz(f): 7:46pm On Nov 10, 2006
What can i say about my hometown? Trust it is the Sh**t!!

Beautiful town, beautiful people, beautiful food.

What can i say? Why wouldn't you be hooked?
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by Falciparum(m): 2:16am On Nov 11, 2006
Calabar is Fun, i'm not from there but only school there and i enjoy every day there.(not when im broke) but yet its a nice place to live in. Nice people serene environment people, a place u want to raise ur family,
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:01pm On Nov 11, 2006
@Falciparum
yea i partly agree with you.i might be a calabar girl,it might have a nice enviroment to settle down and start a family but not the best place to raise a kid.
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by Falciparum(m): 11:44pm On Nov 12, 2006
yeah i cant raise my kids in the Lagos for today and thonia are u currently in calabar??
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by toshmann(m): 11:29pm On Nov 14, 2006
oh calabar, [b]C[/b]ome [b]A[/b]nd [b]L[/b]ive [b]A[/b]nd [b]B[/b]e [b]A[/b]t [b]R[/b]est

How can i forget this city. i schooled at Unical and those years i spent in calabar were always full of fun. fine weather, fine food, fine girls wink , neat streets, fine governore, even finer 1st lady, beautiful University, i cant forget that city

cheesy people's paradise cheesy
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:33am On Nov 15, 2006
@falciparum
yea i am grin
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by candylips(m): 5:17pm On Nov 15, 2006
na wa o Tonia so you be calabar girl tongue
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by kellybaba(m): 1:22pm On Nov 16, 2006
CALABAR ! CALABAR ! CALABAR !

Every1 is talking,inculding those whose source of info is purely:hear-say and TV clips.

Well,Paradise City is the most peaceful and safest city in nigeria as we 'speak' rite now.

Come Dec'2006.all roads lead to Calabar ! Meet U guys there(4 those dt culd afford 2 make it)

WHO SAYS I WONT CAMPAIGN FOR 'DONALD-DUKE'S' PRESDIENTIAL BID FREE OF CHARGE(foc)??
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:28pm On Nov 16, 2006
@candylips
eh heh now and am proud about it grin
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by candylips(m): 12:07am On Nov 17, 2006
Thats very cool kiss
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by Okeblow(m): 4:37pm On Nov 17, 2006
I was privileged to school in the Canaan City for about five years and the unvarnished truth is that Calabar is the most addictive city in Naija.(For bachelors like us!!!!!!). Lovely babes who love to take care of guys wink, a mega clean city which is beautiful to behold, friendly people,Out of this world food (Ekpang Nkukwo, Oh God!!!!) and the total freedom,  U have to be there to understand what i'm saying. Just for the record, I'm from Imo state. cool. I just hope it won't get otherwise too soon cos christmas period is DEFINITELY the time to be there. I'm hoping to catch u. Don has made everything cool,
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by nilla(f): 11:02pm On Nov 17, 2006
OMG,
I'm so craving ekpang ku kwo right now sad
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by Ndipe(m): 11:05pm On Nov 17, 2006
Ekpankukwo with perinwinkle is the best. Eating it with your bare hands tastes better than using cutleries. cheesy

Watch out though, you may bite your fingers!!! cry

All the same, I love the dish. cheesy
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by nilla(f): 11:08pm On Nov 17, 2006
yeah, bite your fingers cos its just too sweet.
i like eating from the bottom of the pot as in the burnt part.
its like heaven grin
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by Ndipe(m): 11:18pm On Nov 17, 2006
Nothing can compare to Heaven, so dont go there

But I like also like the burnt crust. That's not my favorite sha, mine is the dish itself. Where can I eat ekpangkukwuo here?
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by nilla(f): 11:23pm On Nov 17, 2006
aight, i wont compare it with heaven.

just trying to explain how nice it is cool cool cool
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by stellose(f): 11:48pm On Nov 17, 2006
ALL OF UNA WE DEY YAN OPATA GET MALARIA,

UNA SURE SAY NO BI PRISON UNA DEY FOR YANKEE.

THERE IS NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT CALABAR GIRLS OK

STELLOSE
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by toshmann(m): 12:48am On Nov 18, 2006
stellose,
na bad belle de worry u. calabar girls are the best girls God ever created. i tell you. my regret is that all those years i spent in calabar i did not appreciate those girls. and we nigerians we dont appreciate the calabar girls. we call them flirts, and loose. we sleep with them and run away. when it's time to marry we run from them and only use them for sex. still they dont complain. they dont ask for too much. they love with all thier hearts despite the fact that people use them.

now i'm in europe, i have seen what real promiscuity is. compared to the british girls, calabar girls are virgins. i swear. i wish i took my calabar girls more seriously (or at least one of them)
to all cally babes kiss
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by kellybaba(m): 2:58pm On Nov 19, 2006
@toshmann.
nwanna, r u serious? Britico gals gone gagas? well,now i agree wit that bibilical saying that 'a prophet is not recognised in 'her' own home.
So,our Cally chics r truly angelsam just laffiinnnnnnnn

Make una hail our 9ja chics ! dem dey try ooooo.Africa,dear motherland,i Hail thee !
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by celemel(m): 4:06pm On Nov 19, 2006
@ nilla
Are u in calabar? Hello to all cally guys and gals on board. If you are right now in Calabar, get in touch with moi. We are forming the Donald Duke solidarity group. Moreso, we (I and a group of other nairalanders) shouldn't b left of the fast-approaching xmas festivities. The town is wearing a new look. All construction works in town are to b completed before the 2007 carnival.

If you are resident here or would like to b part of the big show, please lift up your hands and be counted.
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by nilla(f): 4:08pm On Nov 19, 2006
celemel:

@ nilla
Are u in calabar? Hello to all cally guys and gals on board. If you are right now in Calabar, get in touch with moi. We are forming the Donald Duke solidarity group. Moreso, we (I and a group of other Nairaland users) shouldn't b left of the fast-approaching xmas festivities. The town is wearing a new look. All construction works in town are to b completed before the 2007 carnival.

If you are resident here or would like to b part of the big show, please lift up your hands and be counted.

no, I'm not sad
Abadie?
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by orekelewaa: 9:59pm On Nov 19, 2006
Hey guys wassup wit lovely girls? Y'all had better be careful.
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by Ndipe(m): 10:34pm On Nov 19, 2006
Abadie, Celemel, afo oro eyen efik? I grew up in Calabar.
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by Falciparum(m): 12:03am On Nov 20, 2006
@thoniaslim
Thats cool well im in LAgos for hols!! but ill be back there soon. Do u mind if we could meet and hang out? well if u want to u can IM me on bloggs002. Ill be in Calabar by last week of November.
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by zexyworm: 8:40am On Nov 20, 2006
Cross River State has the highest HIV-positive population in Nigeria.

While CRS is a beauty, it's worth seeing the "other" side of the picture. The State Govt. has started to take action, at last.
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by Dalby(m): 11:33am On Nov 20, 2006
nice to know, I will be in Naija in diz xmas and I want to visit Calabar, I am wondering how much do u think hotel is for one night?
It cost from N6000.00 and upwards to get a good standard room in any hotel in Calabar. For the x-mas u have to book in advance
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by candylips(m): 3:19am On Nov 21, 2006
zexyworm:

Cross River State has the highest HIV-positive population in Nigeria.

While CRS is a beauty, it's worth seeing the "other" side of the picture. The State Govt. has started to take action, at last.

thats bad news o
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by Falciparum(m): 11:25pm On Nov 21, 2006
@Celmel

Sure i would love to ill be in Cal by the end of next week just b4 the 1st of Dec how do i contact u??
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by toshmann(m): 11:51pm On Nov 21, 2006
@zexyworm,
the highest rate of HIV in naija should be Benue
@ celemel,
make sure u take photos of cally this festive period and post on nairaland
@kellybaba,
my brother, dem say persom wey nova see river nile go think say imo river na de biggest river for africa. compared to these girls wey full cardiff, calabar girls na virgins wey dey convent. allah. cheesy
but no ask me my role for this record cheesy i no go talk cheesy but i go say, with all the racism wey full oyiboland, racism come no too reach for "that thing" cheesy no ask me questions o, i no go talk cheesy
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by Dalby(m): 10:38am On Nov 22, 2006
Highest HIV prevailence in Nigeria is in desending order

[list]
[li]Benue State[/li]
[li]Akwa Ibom[/li]
li]Nasarawa State[/li]
[/list]
Cross Rivers is actually 6th on the list for 2005, report released April 2006. Cross check records lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by Dalby(m): 10:41am On Nov 22, 2006
Highest HIV prevailence in Nigeria is in desending order

[list]
[li]Benue State[/li]
[li]Akwa Ibom[/li]
[li]Nasarawa State[/li]
[/list]
Cross Rivers is actually 6th on the list for 2005, report released April 2006. Cross check records lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Long Does It Take To Get The National Id Card?? / Plz, Help Me Choose Among These Countries! / Austrian Visa Application Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.