Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,328 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! (8356 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland / Lagos-To-Calabar Railway Line Approved By FG - Sambo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by celemel(m): 6:06am On Nov 23, 2006
@ Falciparum

Call 08069327897

@ Nilla

Idioke! Thanks thanks thanks.

@ Ndipe

Ami ndihe eyen efik, ndi eyen Akwa Abasi Ibom, edi nnam utom nyung ndung ke efik, mmonyung mma uforo emi akade iso mmi k'obio atakpa ikot effiom. lol grin

@ toshman

I will do just that. I've started gathering the pictures of the defining moments. Thanks.

To everyone,
You are invited to Calabar. The talk about HIV cannot scare you away unless you have evil intentions. HIV is present and prevalent in every society. In Nigeria, we have a dearth of statistical agencies that can truly conduct researches and come out with reliable figures. All the fuse on the media about HIV is propaganda, designed to corner foreign aid from unsuspecting donors to the countless NGO's in naija. HIV is becoming the fastest growing industry in Nigeria, second only to Churches. To keep the wheels of the funs turning, these so-called HIV NGO's manufacture alll sorts of statistics and publish same so that the world would think that a lot of money is needed to fight HIV. If you ask me, I would tell you that the HIV prevalence reports are not worth the paper and ink with which they are written. You read for instance that a state such as Benue is on top of the list today, 3 months after you read again that they have dropped to the 6th position, then suddenly, another state has overtaken. This can't be true. Distribution of illnesses and diseases cannot be as dynamic as they are telling us.

This is my opinion though, but I think am not far from the truth!
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by Dalby(m): 9:51am On Nov 23, 2006
These data are obtained from the records of people reporting to the health facilities.
A lot of people are not going to the hospitals for a thousand and one reasons ranging from cultural to economic reasons. What greatly determines these figures are the impact of social mobilisation, advocacy to LGA, State and Fedral government levels etc.
The data available is all we have and its the only tool that gives direction to policy makers
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by GNature(m): 11:47am On Dec 04, 2006
Good News for folks traveling to Calabar

Virgin Nigeria is now running the lagos-calabar-lagos route on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays effective Dec 4, 2006.

For more information on this, please click on this link:

http://www.virginnigeria.com/en/ng/timetables.aspx#CAL
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by Mariory(m): 7:23pm On Dec 08, 2006
I must say the TINAPA project is looking outstanding for the people of Calabar.

Some pics showing progress of work.

http://www.tinapa.com/scripts/piclibrary/DisplayDBImage.asp?imType=high&pl_id=296
http://www.tinapa.com/scripts/piclibrary/DisplayDBImage.asp?imType=high&pl_id=300
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by doriangray: 11:20am On Jan 02, 2007
i also had the same problem when i was in calabar for my NYSC. woa i had some mad fun there but bro dont fall in love with thos babes they will sleep with all ur neighbors including family member with out thinking twice about it, best of luck ;Dwe are expecting u back in lagos
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by toshmann(m): 3:16pm On Jan 02, 2007
doriangray:

i also had the same problem when i was in calabar for my NYSC. woa i had some mad fun there but bro don't fall in love with thos babes[b] they will sleep with all your neighbors including family member with out thinking twice about it[/b], best of luck ;Dwe are expecting u back in lagos
white girls are worse. they will sleep with ur best friend in front of you and if u talk too much they'll accuse u of harrassing them and call the police, u can imagine whose story the police will believe when they come

stop abusing Calabar girls. angry they are nice people. no tribe can claim sexual holiness. so leave them cally babes abeg. no be only them.
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by LondonCool(m): 11:12pm On Jan 02, 2007
I'm travelling to Nigeria this week -London-Freetown-Lagos-Calabar , does anyone know of any good and cheap Hotels in Calabar. (I dont mean The Mirage or Metropolitan Hotels )
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by candylips(m): 11:31pm On Jan 02, 2007
na which airline dey carry u pass freetown
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by LondonCool(m): 11:51pm On Jan 02, 2007
na which airline dey carry u pass freetown

Its Bellview, i'm bereaved and travelling at short notice. Most flight seats are fully booked and very very expensive. Bellview was quite affordable and they have just added a Boeing 767 to their London fleet which is quite popular with Sierra Leoneans.
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by toshmann(m): 1:20am On Jan 03, 2007
try zoo garden hotels. it is cheaper.
greet dem babes for toshmann.
ehee. . . . . tell thier receptionist that toshmann nova forget that thing. wink
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by LondonCool(m): 11:06am On Jan 08, 2007
Toshman , Zoo Garden was a bit crap . I settled for NAF Hotel on Marian Rd instead, and regards from the receptionists
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by toshmann(m): 10:06pm On Jan 11, 2007
o cool, that's a cool place.just that i thot u were danm broke and i was refering you to a place i used to "relax" as a student. so the receptionist remember me cheesy

NAF is cool but i no too use am, u know, as a malabite money no too been dey. cheesy so the receptionist there no go sabi me cheesy cool.pls get some nice photos of the city and give me gist. cheesy
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 23, 2007
Am sick to death of the stereotypes of calabar gals, i am a calabar gal living in canada and everytim i meet a nigerian, when they get to know am calabar, dey say stupid remarks, look there are some of us out there that dont sleep around, i know for a fact that the population of people in calabar is mixed and not everyone who you meet in calabar is actually from cross river state,
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by superman(m): 5:29pm On Mar 23, 2007
muchbabe i love ur ppl. u see not everyone is the same here! can i get a kiss ha
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by OmoEko1(f): 5:34pm On Mar 23, 2007
[size=20pt]A visit to Calabar and u ar now hooked on what? On drugs or HIV which one grin grin cheesy cheesy[/size]
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by superman(m): 1:01am On Mar 24, 2007
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by spoilt(f): 2:27am On Mar 24, 2007
Am sick to death of the stereotypes of calabar gals, i am a calabar girl living in canada and everytim i meet a nigerian, when they get to know am calabar, dey say stupid remarks, look there are some of us out there that don't sleep around, i know for a fact that the population of people in calabar is mixed and not everyone who you meet in calabar is actually from cross river state,

@muchbabe
relax.no vex. its a stereotype. it can be annoying but you dont have to get mad. its just like when they say blondes have more fun? we know that most blondes are fake or bottle blondes. things arent always as they seem!
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by Nobody: 3:52am On Mar 24, 2007
@ superman and spoilt

proudly calabar, smiley
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by Tonim(f): 5:08am On Mar 24, 2007
Someone please post a picture of calabar so we can visualize what we are reading on this thread
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by candylips(m): 9:11pm On Jun 03, 2007
its best if you google for it
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by Tonim(f): 8:35pm On Jun 10, 2007
The thing is, there are no pictures on google.
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by celemel(m): 7:19am On Jun 22, 2007
The few pics I have hre are not clear. Took them in d evening with poor cam. I hope they still make meaning. This is Calabar Gate.

Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by celemel(m): 7:20am On Jun 22, 2007
Millenium Park

Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by GNature(m): 8:25am On Jul 01, 2007
Few pictures of calabar

Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by fataiiyo(m): 3:53am On Jul 02, 2007
Calabar is now bomb, i love the state. come and feel alright guyz sha know that na tatan (finishing) u go dey smiley
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by LondonCool(m): 9:09pm On Oct 15, 2007
Any more pictures ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Get To Uganda? / How Long Does It Take To Get The National Id Card?? / Plz, Help Me Choose Among These Countries!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.