Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,314 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? (38567 Views)

12 Ways To Make Up With Your Girlfriend And Show Her You Truly Care / 10 Commandments Every Girlfriend And Wife Need To Follow During The World Cup / Nigerian Men Are Hardworking, Respectful And Don't Cheat' - Ghanaian Lady Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Arsenate(m): 3:52pm On Mar 12, 2016
repogirl:
LMAO! See them, by dia comments you shall know dem!

I throw a little crumb and predictably, like dogs, you came for it.

Hehehehe..... Y'all can use your money you don't have as gate fee into hell.
Cheapies!
blehhhhh
Sis I said that type of reverse psychology (tell him he is broke so he'll try hard to prove he's not by spending or supporting gold diggers) doesn't work on me. Come up with something different tongue
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Churchillsaug(m): 3:54pm On Mar 12, 2016
repogirl:
Tahh! Shattap dia osiso, how much kobo do you have in your acct. dat you are making a noise?

Big boys don't make noise! All they say is 'Bebe spend ma money!'

So shattap and go make ya money! angry
must u access someone's bank acc? Must u wait for big boy's money? Are u that gold digging? Why cant u go and make ur own money first and fall them boys hand? Poor and povarty stricken girls like u are those looking for a made guy to roll with and end up getting jacked. Go and ask Davido's baby mama

1 Like

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 12, 2016
Quality men are givers. Love them kiss
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by AfroKnight: 3:56pm On Mar 12, 2016
Lol. So naija Ladies have now become liabilities we need to maintain? Interesting.

1 Like

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by repogirl(f): 3:57pm On Mar 12, 2016
Churchillsaug:
must u access someone's bank acc? Must u wait for big boy's money? Are u that gold digging? Why cant u go and make ur own money first and fall them boys hand? Poor and povarty stricken girls like u are those looking for a made guy to roll with and end up getting jacked. Go and ask Davido's baby mama
Lol, who be dis? For your mind, you dey form intellectual? Abeg swerve with your baseless points.

1 Like

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Kgdavid(m): 3:57pm On Mar 12, 2016
Rexhenrex:
well said some guys brag amongst there peers how there g.f has never ate there money its actually a thing of shame even if she turns down the opportunity just surprise her that's how to win a woman's heart its not by the expensive stuffs but by the little things you give her with a happy heart indeed not all girls but a large percentage just want a guy to do little things that matters like buying her rose e.t.c

Hmmm my female friend inists that African girls do not like roses
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by repogirl(f): 3:58pm On Mar 12, 2016
Arsenate:
blehhhhh
Sis I said that type of reverse psychology (tell him he is broke so he'll try hard to prove he's not by spending or supporting gold diggers) doesn't work on me. Come up with something different tongue
nah, you are broke ass cos big boys are not stingy. Simple!
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by noblegrex: 4:00pm On Mar 12, 2016
Suigeneris93:
Three ways a man shows he loves a woman: he provides, protects and professes- Steve Harvey

The bolded says it all

*modified*
I won't dignify your quoting me with a response especially if you don't have anything meaningful to say. I'm not dating you and I most likely never will, so save your breath or in this case your epistle undecided undecided
why are you afraid of quotes.that's because you're not free from what you post.ok,what happenes after the provision and how will a lady show her own love to a man.
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Churchillsaug(m): 4:01pm On Mar 12, 2016
gloria34:
its a put off when a guy neva contributes anytin to d lyf of his gf, but same goes for girls. i feel fufilled when i buy stuffs 4 my husband no mata how small. may even be sometin to eat when i go out. make him understand dat i always think of him smileyits a put off when a guy neva contributes anytin to d lyf of his gf, but same goes for girls. i feel fufilled when i buy stuffs 4 my husband no mata how small. may even be sometin to eat when i go out. make him understand dat i always think of him
1000 gunshut for you ma'am

1 Like

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by yinkslinks(m): 4:04pm On Mar 12, 2016
sugar daddy talking for more oloshos to follow him
Rexhenrex:
just came across this on f.b this morning whats your take?? I don't care what name anyone might wanna call me but I strongly support the notion of this quote below .

if you indeed love someone at least you spending on them shouldn't be a problem no matter how small.some men even find it difficult spending on there wife's or fiance some guys its a taboo to give their girl friens money or buy her a gift truth has to be told.

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Churchillsaug(m): 4:08pm On Mar 12, 2016
repogirl:
Lol, who be dis? For your mind, you dey form intellectual? Abeg swerve with your baseless points.
the truth, like they said, is bitter. But it takes courage to accept it. I doubt if u have that, because ur previous post have already exposed u. U better start looking for something reasonable to do for ur self, instead of waisting ur precious time waiting for Dangote son to date. For ur information, they're all taken. U GO TAY FOR BUSTOP my sister
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Odunharry(m): 4:12pm On Mar 12, 2016
lastpage:

Stop portraying women as "objects of easy virtue".
Even that phrase, "spend on her"... is derogatory! Any woman worth her salt, aside the broke-azz, material-minded ones, know what l am talking about.

My junior sister had a boyfriend (which she later married) but she insists that he cannot give her gifts worth more than she can give him... till they are married. Material things was never a factor in deciding if they would get married or not.
Infact, my sister likes to spoil him and the guy sef dey do shakara as he would refuse anything worth more than 5K from her.
He once asked her to return a birthday Wrist Watch that cost about 10K back then in 2001 ...unless she would agree that he re-imburse her.
Eventually they shared the cost between themselves....... and he found a way to spend the other half on her later.
That is how to build healthy relationship were one party is not a slave to the other.

That way, even if they broke up, he can never boast of "spending my money on her" (which is what and where it ends most time with guys), he can never regret "wasting his money on her", he can never have any sort of "hold" on her, plus it makes her walk wit her head high (dignity) and the guy knows she is with her, not for his money.

No wonder Nigerian girls dont want to go out with a poor, struggling guy.
Reminds me of Monica (Money and Car! )

On the other hand, we all preach emancipation of women, equality, respect, bla-bla-bla. How owuld a man respect you, if he already 'bought" you like a slave? angry angry
Why not flip things around and say "You are not with a Man/He is not your Man, ..if you cant spend money on him"?
See how ridiculous that sounds?

Relationships that are based on "how much you have to spend on me" are bound to make the receiving party (the woman) have LESS VALUED in the eyes of the one doing the paying (the guy).

I would rather we emphasize "SHARING" between Lovers

Come and see how my sister's husband respects her so much, even till today!

Well, l can understand for women from extremely poor background who see a Boyfriend as a "Meal Ticket" and ladder to good things of life!
"Gold-Digger" is a very, very bad insult for a woman.
God punish Poverty and lack of Dignity.

Lastpage!
Wish I can give you a thousand likes.... nicely put..

Many of them girls won't like this idea..I expect the some to learn something from yr post
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by repogirl(f): 4:13pm On Mar 12, 2016
Churchillsaug:
the truth, like they said, is bitter. But it takes courage to accept it. I doubt if u have that, because ur previous post have already exposed u. U better start looking for something reasonable to do for ur self, instead of waisting ur precious time waiting for Dangote son to date. For ur information, they're all taken. U GO TAY FOR BUSTOP my sister
guy, keep your shirt on abeg. You don't even know me so why do you want to jump over a cliff on my behalf?

Relax jare! Na play I dey abeg, don't take my comments seriously before you get high BP.

I'm married with kids sef and I'm just ruffling a few feathers. Calm down bro. grin
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Elxandre(m): 4:14pm On Mar 12, 2016
Why waste your time commenting on these type of threads?
The average Nigerian girl is a gold digger, no thanks to the economic climate in this country.

1 Like

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by petkoffDrake(m): 4:16pm On Mar 12, 2016
OP.... Nawa ooo grin
Op u Bleep up! In ur post, u want guys to always spend.... If d girls spend on d guy nkor? Is that a taboo?!
Relationship is sweater and best if d both partners spends on each other and not one sided...... But 3 out of 100 ladies will agree with me grin
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Churchillsaug(m): 4:16pm On Mar 12, 2016
repogirl:
guy, keep your shirt on abeg. You don't even know me so why do you want to jump over a cliff on my behalf?

Relax jare! Na play I dey abeg, don't take my comments seriously before you get high BP.

I'm married with kids sef and I'm just ruffling a few feathers. Calm down bro. grin
I am sorry ma'am, did'nt know u're married. I meant no insult please
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by queenaisha(f): 4:18pm On Mar 12, 2016
it is good to have a supportive boyfriend YES! Buh dont turn him into your Bank account...Be a LadyHustler like my humble self and Bulid your own Empire.Cheers!.

2 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by AustinStevens: 4:22pm On Mar 12, 2016
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment to find an awkward moment but there isn't any, and still you're reading this comment and you're starting to realise it says nothing important and you just wasted a couple of seconds of your life but you're still reading and you don't even know why. That's awkward.

undecidedEhen wats d topic abeg?
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by repogirl(f): 4:23pm On Mar 12, 2016
Churchillsaug:
I am sorry ma'am, did'nt know u're married. I meant no insult please
I understand. I'm just goofing around. I also don't support the notion of gold digging.

Everyone knows guys respect a woman who has got her own.

Still sha....the guy should shake body sometimes. It's part of what being a man is all about. grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 12, 2016
pcguru1:

Its not gold digging its common sense , what would you call it when your father does it for your mum.
See as u just dey minutes urself for public forum. Read ur sentence again, and tell me how contradictory it sounds to the ear
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by missyadorable(f): 4:27pm On Mar 12, 2016
Ladies,Keep your legs closed

Guys,Keep your palms supertight fisted

No sex,No spending= Beautiful relationship

Everybody hold your side

Nobody is cheated

No heartbreaks!

1 Like

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Walexsammy(m): 4:32pm On Mar 12, 2016
Suigeneris93:
Three ways a man shows he loves a woman: he provides, protects and professes- Steve Harvey

The bolded says it all

*modified*
I won't dignify your quoting me with a response especially if you don't have anything meaningful to say. I'm not dating you and I most likely never will, so save your breath or in this case your epistle undecided undecided
only when shez not a feminist
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Rexhenrex(m): 4:32pm On Mar 12, 2016
ebubey:

i totally agree with you. You find out that most guys want their girlfriend to always look nice so that they can show her off to their friends bt does not want to contribute to that beauty... which is bad sad
lol...u can say that again mehn its horrible!
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Rexhenrex(m): 4:39pm On Mar 12, 2016
missyadorable:
Ladies,Keep your legs closed

Guys,Keep your palms supertight fisted

No sex,No spending= Beautiful relationship

Everybody hold your side

Nobody is cheated

No heartbreaks!

wow,so a guy should only give his girlfriend gift and money when she offers him sex? Am touched then there i no dichotomy between her and a call girl i must say.

1 Like

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Boss13: 4:42pm On Mar 12, 2016
A girl friend is just a friend and not a family, which is a wife and the full or shared responsibility of a man. Why should a man be a support system for a woman who is still under the responsibility of her family. This is a poverty related issue that is promoted and supported stringently by women who are stickened in poverty and greedy enough to demand from a society that they bother not to contribute into. This is a system that is supported strictly by the die hard Kim kardiashian fans and perpetrated by arito lovers.

I am not against any man who falls or comport himselves to be a financial support system for a woman he loves, but we must promote an ideal system for women, especially women from poor homes, to support themselves without the input of men, like Linda Ikeji.
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by banio: 4:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
The truth is that the more you spend on a lady, the more her appreciation depreciates. She will be of the thought that you should have done more. I experienced it while dating, yes different ladies made me to come up with this generalisation. However, we can't stop spending. It's our duty.
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Boss13: 4:51pm On Mar 12, 2016
Rexhenrex:
wow,so a guy should only give his girlfriend gift and money when she offers him sex? Am touched then there i no dichotomy between her and a call girl i must say.

Exactly my point. Our ladies are now potential prostitutes. A female student who on an average generates no income but utilizes items, such as phones, hairs, clothes, assesories expensive enough to rent an apartment in Ogudu, is a thief especially when such items cannot be provided for by her parents. These days you hear ladies telling you they want matured guys, which vaguely translates to married men.

Our ladies now think between their legs and not their head. They now seek what they intend to benefit materially from a relationship with the anticipation of giving out sex. Sex is now a commodity traded willingly by these girls and offered by the highest bidder.

3 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by olac21(m): 4:51pm On Mar 12, 2016
nashtiri06:
I don't like Nigerian ladies especially my tribal ladies

What tribe bro?
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Kay17: 4:53pm On Mar 12, 2016
franzis:
Only broke guys don't provide (no matter how little it is) for their girlfriend

And it now appears that rich men are virtuous due to deeper pockets.
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by ibietela2(m): 4:53pm On Mar 12, 2016
ThuGnificenX:

Providing is not even the problem, the problem is that they don't appreciate, they make it look like a mandatory course that you must do
Every month.

Like my Ex
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Boss13: 4:53pm On Mar 12, 2016
banio:
The truth is that the more you spend on a lady, the more her appreciation depreciates. She will be of the thought that you should have done more. I experienced it while dating, yes different ladies made me to come up with this generalisation. However, we can't stop spending. It's our duty.

No you should stop spending, you are not her parents who should take care of her and if her parents cannot do that for unknown reasons, she should get a job. If she feels she is too pretty to do so, then my friend you are dating a potential call girl who would also do your rich friends for a reasonable price.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Things That Men Should Not Do In A Relationship / Lady Confesses To Cheating With 20 Different Guys After Splitting With Boyfriend / How To Differentiate Between A Girl Who Wants You And A Girl Who Wants Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.