Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta (23644 Views)

Lady Celebrates As Court Dissolves Her Marriage (Photos) / Black Woman, Her White Husband & Their Child (Photos Go Viral) / Woman Celebrates Her Marriage Breakup With Cake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by Jamean(f): 2:12pm On Mar 12, 2016
@ civic duties please where is the letter of engagement stating the duties of both of them? Like she went to pray for only herself. Mtcheeew

Oftentimes once a woman is married she only cares about the wellbeing and success of her husband and children. She basically feels it shows she has been a good wife.

I can remember the issues my father and his family raised when my mum decided to take her faith to another level. Now, he understands better even though he won't admit.
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by Burgerlomo: 2:17pm On Mar 12, 2016
Bunch of them are out there, talking from experience.

2 Likes

Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by olumalcolm(m): 2:25pm On Mar 12, 2016
Pastor organised 2days vigil 4 married women. I laff all of dem. U told ur husband and he said u shuld nt go bt d witches in ur village will nt allow u rest u nw decided to go witout his permission and he ended up sacking u 4rm ur post as wife. grin ndidi will apply 4 dat post soon

2 Likes

Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by lakamua: 2:28pm On Mar 12, 2016
I love delta men. Useless dumb wife
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 12, 2016
EVILFOREST:
With what I hear about LADIES everyday, I feel skeptical and dissatisfied because COMMON SENSE has eluded most women.

Ever since the hair dryer , weavons, wigs and attachment came into nigeria, our women lost it completely.

They need deliverance, the same trick satan used on eve is now being used by so called religous leaders on our women

1 Like

Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 12, 2016
Inspectahdeck:
Wives honour your husband and husband love your wife as you love yourself.

She disobeyed her husband, and expect answers to her prayers.

religion is one thing, family is another. In the scale of preference family comes first for the wise.

Op sack isn't the right word.
And on what ground does a man have the right to divorce his wife? If you knew any better, you wouldn't have uttered this statement. Ignorance.

1 Like

Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by Rukkydelta(f): 3:11pm On Mar 12, 2016
victorazy:

Is not about being independent here, is all about respect and it takes woman with God to do that.
You don't claim u love God yet you disobey ur husband (head of ur family)
If he disagree fine, go and kneel down and report to that God u claimed ur going to warship and see what he can do, unles ur going for another thing grin
‎بخنص قدشبدجطا فنسذ
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by Rukkydelta(f): 3:13pm On Mar 12, 2016
veraiyke:
Act like that woman n u too will c d exit door. Whether ur independent or not dnt let church nonsense spoil ur marriage.
‎فطص دخفدس.بأ فدجهسبأطفس دشباط؟فع
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 12, 2016
Dharniel:
the husband is the head over the wife and not the church. the husband is in every position to stop the woman from going for any spiritual activity. but I think the husband lacks patience...
Wrong! read the account of Abigail in the bible.

1 Like

Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by Truckpusher(m): 3:18pm On Mar 12, 2016
Rukkydelta:
Like the woman na dope.....the so called husband for no dey yarn all this rubbish..............One reason why a woman should be independent, I'll never depend on a man for means of livelihood
Even if you make millions is that an avenue for you to have total disregard for your hubby's voice of reason ?
Well, I'll divorce your ass with your millions and wife your worst enemy that is richer than you . You can go ahead and sleep with all my friends for all I care but you'll never be his one and only .

Mumu women are like Mtn these days - everywhere you go.
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by chris51(f): 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
I support the husband.
What you hear now is 'pastor impregnating members' wives'.
Why should a wife go for two days vigil?
Has she nothing to do?
So much unholy things happen in these churches these days.

2 Likes

Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by chris51(f): 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
chris51:
I support the husband.
What you hear now is 'pastor impregnating members' wives'.
Why should a wife go for two days vigil?
Has she nothing to do?
So much unholy things happen in these churches these days.
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by Inspectahdeck(m): 3:48pm On Mar 12, 2016
So you know better? Ignorance.

That's my opinion on the matter and if you don't like same kill yourself.

If you have a different opinion then let's know because from your comment, you have said nothing.

koyyes:

And on what ground does a man have the right to divorce his wife? If you knew any better, you wouldn't have uttered this statement. Ignorance.
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by victorazy(m): 3:52pm On Mar 12, 2016
Rukkydelta:
‎بخنص قدشبدجطا فنسذ
Eleyi gidi gan

1 Like

Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by Inspectahdeck(m): 3:56pm On Mar 12, 2016

If you have a different opinion then let's know because from your comment, you have said nothing.
koyyes:

1 Like

Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by chijioke17(m): 3:59pm On Mar 12, 2016
Rukkydelta:
Like the woman na dope.....the so called husband for no dey yarn all this rubbish..............One reason why a woman should be independent, I'll never depend on a man for means of livelihood
did you even read the post. there is no mention of money. it was just a case of disobedience. it wasn't like she wasnt warned. although the man was wrong to threaten her, but she going for the vigil after the warning is more or less telling the husband" do your worst". besides 2days vigil?, even I, wont allow it
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 12, 2016
Inspectahdeck:

And you have not answered my question. It is very simple. Or do i need to retype it in capital letters for it to sink? Mr 'i know everything about nothing'.
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by kick(f): 4:12pm On Mar 12, 2016
What kind of nonsense vigil is that...Cant she pray at home for @least an hour or two, must the prayer come from the pastor to cast out sudden death. Some women self. A woman that left her house for two days to be in a church she goes from Monday to Sunday is not a wife material and the husband did the necessary thing by sacking her. She can't respect her husband but look upon her fake pastor like a mini god.

1 Like

Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 12, 2016
Inspectahdeck:

You will one day influence a man to divorce his wife over nothing but what you won't realize is that any ungodly decision taken after then will be on your head. Tell me which marriage is perfect without challenges?
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by Fourwinds: 4:22pm On Mar 12, 2016
Rukkydelta:
Rubbish... independent or dependent is not d point here ok. by d way...eho heads d family.? ur husband says u should not attend d vigil and u went ahead...use ur common sense..

even Jesus Christ will give u a knock...

if she misses dis very vigil does it mean she will not attend others in future...

some people are just dummy

1 Like

Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by Inspectahdeck(m): 4:24pm On Mar 12, 2016
"Inspectahdeck:

religion is one thing, family is another. In the scale of preference family comes first for the wise.

Op sack isn't the right word"

Above is my previous comment. Please where did you see divorce? Or my support for same?

I only made my opinion known about wife's honouring their husband. Also, to respect their husband and family by putting them first.

koyyes:

And you have not answered my question. It is very simple. Or do i need to retype it in capital letters for it to sink? Mr 'i know everything about nothing'.
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by MsGlobalwonder(f): 4:26pm On Mar 12, 2016
veraiyke:
Act like that woman n u too will c d exit door. Whether ur independent or not dnt let church nonsense spoil ur marriage.
lool. Sometimes I try to imagine how you men see women when it comes to marriage. Dear men, not every woman is desperate to be married and stay married! Lool. Exit door? So? Will she die? Will it stop her from making money? Will it reduce her libido? If a man can't use his position as the head wisely-making immediate rash decision because he is the "head" then the woman can as well leave with all befitting benefits. That's if the man can even feed himself. Smh! That's why I keep screaming that women shd do themselves a favor and do registry wedding even before traditional wedding. At least, the man will be responsible enough to think about his actions and inactions. How do you send a woman out because she went to church for two days? So every crime committed should lead to her packing out? What if she owns the house? African men ehen. Dear women, don't be vulnerable! I repeat, do not put yourself at the disadvantage end in a marriage; you will be sent out and you will be helpless. Madness.

2 Likes

Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by MsGlobalwonder(f): 4:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
Bibors:
Nigerian women destroying their homes in the guise of women rights, privileges and independence.
A wise woman builds her home but the foolish tears it down with her OWN hands.
did she go partying? Clubbing? She went to church!!!! My goodness! She is the wife and also an adult!!! She informed him. How will a man stop his wife from going to pray? Seriously? Is that what being married is all about? So because she is married she can't have the privilege to what she believes again? Seriously? Wht type of man stops his wife from praying for herself and her family even if it's 2months? Smh! Can't deal plss..

1 Like

Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by MsGlobalwonder(f): 4:38pm On Mar 12, 2016
daretodiffer:
Stupid people.

This is what a law would prevent. Imagine someone sending you out of 'his house'. If she had her own home, he wouldn't do what he did.
thank you! They will enslave a woman to the extent that going to a Church, not club oo will make her be sent out. Is she a child? So, he can't reason with her and talk to her like a human being? Things people support is funny. I'm sure there was no registry marriage whatsoever. Even if there is, the man is too poor for anything. Poverty makes men paranoid and insecure. She dares not ask for a vacation, oga will send her to her grave. Silliness!
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by MsGlobalwonder(f): 4:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
koyyes:

crass, crude,delusional and ignorant. And they all gushing like he did something great. Smh! A woman will forgive a cheating husband but a man can't forgive a woman that goes to pray? Lool.. Africa, my Africa. *sigh
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 12, 2016
Inspectahdeck:
"Inspectahdeck:

Op sack isn't the right word"

Above is my previous comment. Please where did you see divorce? Or my support for same?

I only made my opinion known about wife's honouring their husband. Also, to respect their husband and family by putting them first.

'she disobeyed her husband and expect answers to her prayers'. If that did not imply justifying the man's action then i don't know what it means. Secondly, as far as marriage is concerned, God comes first. I am not a fan of vigils but i do know that for a woman to leave her home to attend two days of vigil or so means she is troubled that all is not well with her or her household. But assuming that wasn't the case, is that enough reason to kick her out?
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
crass, crude,delusional and ignorant. And they all gushing like he did something great. Smh! A woman will forgive a cheating husband but a man can't forgive a woman that goes to pray? Lool.. Africa, my Africa. *sigh
The golden rule says 'Do unto others what you want to be done to you'. African bros no gree o and we still wonder why we are backward
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by MsGlobalwonder(f): 5:04pm On Mar 12, 2016
koyyes:

The golden rule says 'Do unto others what you want to be done to you'. African bros no gree o and we still wonder why we are backward
well, the goodnews now is not every woman gives a hoot! How can people even support "sacking" a woman because she "disobeyed" and went to pray. She wasn't even given the dignity of a divorce. I'm sure she wasn't married officially and the man is a dead beat. KMT!
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by ojuolu(m): 5:06pm On Mar 12, 2016
Rukkydelta:
It goes beyond been able to provide for your self dear. Unless you believe u don't need a home or man. Family first before religion. Bible was explicit, wife, be submissive. Husband show love. The woman erred dear, let us face it.
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 12, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
well, the goodnews now is not every woman gives a hoot! How can people even support "sacking" a woman because she "disobeyed" and went to pray. She wasn't even given the dignity of a divorce. I'm sure she wasn't married officially and the man is a dead beat. KMT!
This is what happens when people hook up for the wrong reasons. Marriage these days is no longer what it was intended to be. People are only after their selfish interests hence,the appalling comments you are reading on this thread. That is why every woman should be empowered. Marriage empowers no one. It is over rated.
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by veraiyke(m): 5:47pm On Mar 12, 2016
I stand by what I have said. I will be the last person to disrespect my woman and treat her as trash. Nobody says you should not be career minded and independently rich. If you like own the house your husband lives in which of course I can't be such a man not man enough to run his own hard earned home, act like that woman who will go to a nonsense vigil for a nonsense reason without mutual agreement with her husband, you will face worse in your life even if you have money. And then you will come to realise that even with your riches and independence there's something called attitude and value
MsGlobalwonder:
lool. Sometimes I try to imagine how you men see women when it comes to marriage. Dear men, not every woman is desperate to be married and stay married! Lool. Exit door? So? Will she die? Will it stop her from making money? Will it reduce her libido? If a man can't use his position as the head wisely-making immediate rash decision because he is the "head" then the woman can as well leave with all befitting benefits. That's if the man can even feed himself. Smh! That's why I keep screaming that women shd do themselves a favor and do registry wedding even before traditional wedding. At least, the man will be responsible enough to think about his actions and inactions. How do you send a woman out because she went to church for two days? So every crime committed should lead to her packing out? What if she owns the house? African men ehen. Dear women, don't be vulnerable! I repeat, do not put yourself at the disadvantage end in a marriage; you will be sent out and you will be helpless. Madness.

2 Likes

Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by veraiyke(m): 5:49pm On Mar 12, 2016
Whatever you write for another not to understand is worthless.
Rukkydelta:
‎فطص دخفدس.بأ فدجهسبأطفس دشباط؟فع

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Man Finds Out His Neighbor Is Father Of His Last Child, Demands $4.5m / Is My Uncle The Problem Or His Wives? / Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.